Florida.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BullitNutz
What's good about it?

a) The ****in' weather. Hurricanes and all.

_G-Unit_
no joy

Ignite
umm its.....yeh

BullitNutz
ok, ok, the only bad thing is all the damn northern transplants coming down and mangling the pronunciation of "Florida."

Say it with me... "Flow-ri-duh." It's not "Flaw" it's "Flow." "Flow-ri-duh, terrorist bait."

Ignite
im glad i know this now...imagine if i didnt..i dont wanna think about it..

chelsea17
I like the weather when we go there on vacation or something, and the beaches...but I don't like Disney World anymore..

shellie
Im was born in Miami Florida....its a beautiful area.

indeed the hurricanes are a force to be reckoned with but so they up and down the coast. I now live on the coast of North Carolina and we certainly get our share of hurricanes here too.

BullitNutz
I was born in Dunedin (a little north of Clearwater, near Tampa Bay.) and lived in Pasco (north of that) my whole life. Just started attending UCF in Orlando and I'm finally getting to enjoy the bigass t-storms that roll through here every afternoon.

We picked up 3 hurricanes (sustained winds 74mph+) at my apartment last year, though. It was fun.

chelsea17
All the times that I have gone to Florida, it's been fine...except for once in like '93, we were there during one of the hurricanes.

shellie
Originally posted by BullitNutz
I was born in Dunedin (a little north of Clearwater, near Tampa Bay.) and lived in Pasco (north of that) my whole life. Just started attending UCF in Orlando and I'm finally getting to enjoy the bigass t-storms that roll through here every afternoon.

We picked up 3 hurricanes (sustained winds 74mph+) at my apartment last year, though. It was fun. we faired pretty well last summer...while I enjoy the Hurricane parties, I certainly dont enjoy the destruction and despair that follow.

I hope to go back for a visit in the next couple years. Not sure where to yet though...all the way down to Miami or just to the Orlando area.

BullitNutz
well, the Orlando area is pretty much fixed by now. It's still Orlando, though. Traffic and all.

shellie
Originally posted by chelsea17
All the times that I have gone to Florida, it's been fine...except for once in like '93, we were there during one of the hurricanes. which one? i was thinking Andrew but that was in '92 if memory serves me right here.

BullitNutz
Andrew was '93. It was at the tail end of the last non-el-nino cycle.

shellie
ok, that was by far the worst one Ive seen.

chelsea17
Originally posted by BullitNutz
Andrew was '93. It was at the tail end of the last non-el-nino cycle.

that was the one...

I have been to Orlando, Tampa Bay, Daytona, Cocoa Beach, and Panama City

BullitNutz
Originally posted by shellie
ok, that was by far the worst one Ive seen.

You and pretty much all of the US. Andrew is still up at the top of the list in terms of damages. It was also a hardcore cat 5 hurricane, meaning the winds were 155+ mph sustained.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.