rotj mistake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

archive monitor
another mistake i have picked up on is boba fetts helmet in rotj. if this topic has been discussed before i apologise. the antennae on his right side of his head in one scene in jabbas palace switches to the left side.
also, is it my immagination or is dengar in the crowd when they roll jabbas throne forward on the pit entreance?

Darth Subjekt
Yea well if you watch Ep 1 you'll also notice that Ob1's padawan braid is on his right most of the time, then when they get on Tattoine, its on his left side for a bit. Its just things that the creators and actors do to try to be funny or see if people notice.

yerssot
that's not done to "try to be funny", it's simply an image which got flipped in postproduction.

archive monitor
so is dengar in jabbas palace?

Darth Subjekt
yerssot, was that to me? Cause i remember Ewan talking about it with GL and they were laughing stating some kind of inside joke. It was when Fox was doing all that Star Wars hype around the time Ep1 was in theaters. I also heard it somewhere else, ill try to find it. I mean its not that big a deal, just to the point now where im curious.

yerssot
yup, that was to you

I don't believe they do it to be funny, a lot of movies have these flipped images in them... and I believe the trailer has a shot or two with Anakin's scar being flipped

Darth Subjekt
oh really? I didn't notice that. Hmmm, how do the images become "flipped"? is it done purposely or accidentally?

LanİeWindu™
Some times on accident, but most of the time on purpose to get the desired angle for a shot.

Jerico
If someone walks in from screen left and the next shot has them walking from right to left it looks wacky so sometimes they 'mirror' the image to have them all walking the right way

Darth_Glentract
another thing is if you look really closly in the Naboo palace scenes, you can actualy see GL's face in those little tile things, I forget what their called.

Red Superfly
Sometimes the director will prefer a shot being the other way around, so they flip the image. Simple as that.

tlbauerle
It mostly comes in editing because of how the film is visually told...blah blah blah...but for some reason the different angles Lance..er Ken...er whatever his name is...mentioned, tend to look better.

Ultimately...I freakin hate everytime a frame is switched...at least when you deal with something symmetrical.

But you know what the most annoying error is in SW...pick up shots with Ewan....(I know this isn't the place but..) In every pick up shot for TPM, Ewan has much different hair and his face looks a lot "fatter"....look and you'll notice. In AOTC...his beard is fake in pick ups....and it looks terrible again.

tlbauerle
Bad quality pick up examples of Ewan McGregor from the Star Wars Prequels:

First off the hair differences....His hair looks "softer" in production, and matted down/thicker/stiffer in pick ups...

Ewan during production on TPM

Ewan during pick ups on TPM

The beard is real in production...and in pick ups it is fake...and looks awful...totally unnatural.

Ewan during production on AOTC

Ewan during pick ups on AOTC

These are pretty bad differences I caught the first time I ever watched the films. See it every time now. Now you will too....sorry! stick out tongue

The AOTC error is unacceptable in my book.

Darth Subjekt
hmmmm, interesting.

mossman
Dengar is indeed in Jabba's Palace, as is Bossk.
Ponda Baba is in there somewhere too (or rather the costume was recycled as another alien) and so is the cheif Ugnaught and one of the Sivvians from the Cantina.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.