U.S. covering up mad cow cases

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
There have been a few documentaries and news pieces on the coverup of Mad Cow in the states, I was just wondering if similar covereage has appeared south of the border or if the peeps in charge are still just saying that it is a Canadian problem?

PVS
its never happened
nothing to see here
look away!!! look away!!!

*men in black drag kharmadog away and incinerate thread*

the media has done a splendid job of bending over for the government and once again-NOT DOING THEIR JOB. well, at least i am kept up to date on whether or not ling ling the panda is ovulating, and who jennifer lopez is screwing at this point in time.

finti
uho burger king and Macdonalds

debbiejo
There are many stories like that. In the US certain states don't even to report it and Michigan is one of them...I've given up beef awhile back and I know many others that have also..Cows don't even have to show symtoms to have mad cow. The only way to find out if one has it is to take a brain sample and the FDA doesn't want to spend time doing that.
I think what they have to do to find out if a cow has it, would kill the cow. I've also heard that, and this is from a friend who has seen it first hand, that if a cow is stumbling the truck loaders will carry it if need be to load it into the truck.....NO BEEF FOR ME.

KharmaDog
One news report up here showed a stumbling cow in a slaughter house that was slaughtered and the meat sent to a grocery in michigan. The FDA won't test anything cause it is like a billion dollar industry.

debbiejo
HAAAAAAAAAA!! It was a news story? When did this happen???

finti
right before you had your last beef there Debb

KharmaDog
Originally posted by debbiejo
HAAAAAAAAAA!! It was a news story? When did this happen???

That was last summer. However there have been reports of the FDA fudging things and stories about Mad Cow is in the States on T.V. up here for a while now.

SaTsuJiN
*gets jessica simpson'ified*

Oh damn.. and I just ate chicken cutlets.. I might get mad cow disease! eek

manny321
I hope that Albertan farmers would stop attacking the Canadian govt. What can they do?? ITs all at the mercy of the American legal system.

Deano
http://www.rense.com/general64/cont.htm

more info on the cover up of mad cow disease

its from rense.com..so it cant be true at all can it? roll eyes (sarcastic)
shut up

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by KharmaDog
One news report up here showed a stumbling cow in a slaughter house that was slaughtered and the meat sent to a grocery in michigan. The FDA won't test anything cause it is like a billion dollar industry. Argh! Don't say that, im going to Michigan in 2 months!

Reborn Again
Of course. The US made up Canada's mad cow disease scare when we wouldn't support the war. Bush said he would lift the ban but the beef business is doing well without import that a US Supreme Court ruling has kept the ban.

SlipknoT
I had cheese steak today confused

Deano
mmmmmmm cheese steak
i had minted lamb
its beautiful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.