Oi! Are there any guitar players in the house?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Troo
I was just wondering how many of you are guitarists, and did you begin playing because a) for the chicks, b) because you like the music, or anything else. I've noticed how guys tend to get into it for the girls, am I mistaken?
big grin

steely balls
ehhh i'm familiar with guitar, i guess i'm learning but i got brother who does

Troo
yeh, my sister tried for a bit but she gave up after about two weeks wink

steely balls
i'm off an on, i don't have he patience to learn by myself

Troo
yeah, lessons do help a good bit, I guess. I'm sort of an obsess about guitar, I guess. I still suck though embarrasment

steely balls
if somebody(brother) more then maybe i wouldn't half bad
but i have the passion

steely balls
how long have been playing?

Troo
that's a start. ^_^ passion for the chicks or the music?

Troo
er, well six years.

steely balls
bothbanddiva

steely balls
how old are you

Troo

Troo
yes, young I know.

steely balls
chicks who play guitar are hot, no matter how they look

steely balls
its not young my brother started when he was 14/15

Troo
to first one: ahah I don't know about that...

14/15? how long has he been playing?

steely balls
8 years hes 21 now, and really good

Troo
yeh, so I would assume. I started playing acoustic, but then I got into rock and all that, and it's much more fun. I'm prolly not so fantastic at that either, though. I couldn't tell ya.

JKozzy
I was thinking about taking up guitar someday.. violin experience from previous years should be handy... but idk. erm

Troo
Joe! *smile*
yeah, your fingers probly get used to the violin, same with guitar.
It's weird, I don't know very many female guitar players, but there is something irrisistable about a guy guitar player if he's good enough.

JKozzy
winkYou'd know it, Troo big grin

Troo
and WHy do you say THAT? stick out tongue

Troo
shifty

Troo
ok, I'm off all. continue.

steely balls
huh

Baylin
I think this one belong in the music discussion but.... Anyway I've been playing 15 years and I used to be sh*t hot but since settling down and having a family I'm mostly sh*t because I dont play much now. sad

Evy_O
Guys that play guitar are adorable stick out tongue
My ex used to play drums, I think that's pretty cool too big grin
Only bad thing about guitar, you have to have very long nails and that could get really annoying!

yerssot
erm, you can play with a plectrum too wink

Evy_O
What's that blink That small flat thingy? If you mean that, yeah you can, but you still have to have long nails!

yerssot
nevermind

t_cozy_666
i dont play guitar but i started playing bassand im a girl people say i will not get far sad

~*~Ambie~*~
Perhaps You Shouldn't Listen To What People Think!

t_cozy_666
hmmmmm :0

~*~Ambie~*~
LoL Well You Shouldn't After All It's Only Thier Oppinion.

mechmoggy
I play guitar, I'm not brilliant but I'm pretty good at some stuff.

I started playing really young but then lost interest, then I took it up again and now I really enjoy it when I can find the time to play. I usually play stuff like the Jam, Nirvana, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins and my fave is The Kings of Leon.

amity75
I'm not a guitar player. I'm a guitarist. Theres a difference.

mechmoggy
Laa-de-daa. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kaleanae
I have a guitar (Ibanez) I don't play it that much no expression

shadowraven
i will be a guitarist soon me and my friends are starting up a band that may take 2 years to make but it should be a fun ride if it doesn't work then it was fun and we have like 5 songs already written within 2 weeks time

§pearhead
I'm really good at jamming with a guitar so I look like I know what I'm doing, but I don't have a clue.

messed motion to move this to music discussion.

LegolasIsMyMan
I am learningHappy Dance,,,,it's kinda difficult,but they offer a class at my highschool so , it's gonna be fun taking it

SlayerChick1188
OH yeah rock

I've been playin for about three years now cool

Kaleanae
Really? eek!
That's great smile

mouth
guys who play guitar are SEX-Y!! love

amity75
Heres a photo of my guitar. It's an Epiphone Les Paul Standard etc etc blah blah blah (left handed)

Troo
^oooh *drools* perdy...
I'm a lefty, but don't play lefty guitar since I started really young and was not aware there were two kinds. So I'm all righty!
messed Yipe, I didn't realize that was a pun! Scratch that.
I've been playing for around six years now, and I play a parker.

Mr. Bacon
i just started a few months ago i have an ibanez

JKozzy
Sweet.

mechmoggy
I'm just starting to learn Blurs "coffee and tv", tis good! cool

Cyclops
I have been playing for 4 years now. I have a Frender Telecoustic and a Gibson Les Paul

Baylin
Not necessarily true!
Obviously long nails on the fretting fingers can make notes unclear as well as potentially gouging the finger board but I find having long nails on my picking hand makes it difficult for me to finger tap clearly and a long thumb nail seems to stop me pinching harmonics.
I also prefer the softer sound I get from the pads of my fingers when finger picking. The only time I have problems is when I flat pick because obviously the plectrum makes a louder harder sound than my fingers. smile

If you want to see my guitars take a look at the webpage Im building http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ajsguitars

mechmoggy
I always bite my nails to oblivion anyway.

StinkFist462
who doesnt ?

Baylin
I dont! I bite my toe nails... confused

SlayerChick1188
Hey I play guitar rock

amity75
I've been playing for 12 years. I've started learning Eddie Van Halens stuff now coz I want to up the ante a wee bit.

Baylin
Yes there is some good Van Halen stuff out there and if played well certainly impresses people!

JKozzy
True smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.