Firefox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fëanor
okay...i installed it - and it was good
it's my second day using it -and it's still good...

my problem - when i start it up i get an untitled tab next to my first tab which opens to my homepage...why?

then, when i go to get more smilies to reply...it opens a new window (fine) i click on a smilie...it opens another window with a pic of the smilie picked (weird) it gives me a box asking me if i want to paste it to the clipboard

only thing is...when i go to paste it "control V" does not work...and on the edit menu the paste option is grayed out...confused

help???

LanİeWindu™
Yeah, I noticed the more smilies problem too.

Just use the #'s around the name of the smilie, IE: # scooter# (without the space) to have scooter

pr1983
its a good browser, and the tabs are a great idea... two things though, the images take forever sometimes to load and if you frequent and ipb board you should use IE on the board rather than Firefox...

JKozzy
I disagree on the boards comment... IE is slower in everything I do, even pictures. Firefox gradually loads them, which makes it seem to load slowly, and IE loads it all at once, not displaying the picture until its fully loaded, creating that illusion. At least, that's how it is on my computer.

Fëanor
only problem i've had so far with FF is that it takes longer to load up when i click on it....sad

other than that...it seems to run fine

pr1983
Originally posted by JKozzy
I disagree on the boards comment... IE is slower in everything I do, even pictures. Firefox gradually loads them, which makes it seem to load slowly, and IE loads it all at once, not displaying the picture until its fully loaded, creating that illusion. At least, that's how it is on my computer.

im on an ipb board every day and firefox makes simple text formatting (i type my post then alter it) a pain in the hole...

as for the pics... my ie seems to load em quicker... whether its an illusion or not i dont know...

JKozzy
Probably differnet for each user's computer. Firefox is a blessing in red for me. stick out tongue

Tex
Firefox is also great for downloads, much faster than explorer! thumb up

Fëanor
actuallly i can't tell a difference...i tried testing that: FF is on my laptop and IE is on the desktop...

i d/l a file from the same site on both machine...FF finished by a very very small fraction of a nanosecond...and i've got cable on both machines.

Barker
I'm going to sound like an A-Hole when I ask this but...

How the hell do I change the Accounts? I'm stuck on my brothers, and I don't dare set up all my Bookmarks on here.

Help cry

Actually, its not that big of a deal, but if you can help..

Raz
Here ya go: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

Barker
That did it, Thanks Raz. happy

Clovie
I have a problem..
is there anyway to make Adblock not blocking all the flashes by deafult? confused coz the the only way to see them is disabling it confused

Tptmanno1
All the flashes?
I don't quite follow...

Clovie
erm...how is it called? those macromedia shockwave windows confused i thought it's flash

Bloigen
Just press Ctrl+Shift+F

I think.

DanieLs_4_Ever
I'm starting to get quite annoyed with Firefox. Every time I try to load a page (plenty of pages do this) then it says Problem Loading Page. My netscape never did this so I think it is just the program.

KENobi™
That's a problem with your internet connection.

Bloigen
Your Connection Speed is probably too slow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.