Who tells Vader......?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
I couldn't really find anything about this. I was curious.... We know now that Qui-Gon teaches Yoda and Ben how to become part of the force when they die. All of this happens AFTER Anakin becomes Vader, so who teaches Vader?

P.S. If this has been posted somewhere before please close this thread after posting a link.....

Cascador
On the commentary of the DVD it was Obi-Wan and Yoda who helped Anakin to keep his identity after death.

jedijunky1138
So you are saying that they met up with him in the force after he dies?

I don't know..... That sounds like a lame way to cover a forgotten base to me, but hey I'm not the one who writes these things.

Mist
one of lifes greatest mysteries............if its not explained in the movie, it might be on the rots dvd commentary, but for now, as cascador said, its on the dvds.

Cascador
They didn't said Anakin how...or teach him...they just did it by themselves...don't ask me how...

peluffo
Maybe he keeps his identity because he is the chosen one. Or because he returns form the dark side...

Red Superfly
Apparently you achieve it through being at one with the will of the force, or doing something that aids the force, or something.

Anakin achieved the will of the force and brought balance, so he gets his identity. Yoda, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are also in tune with the force by the time of their deaths.

Echuu
That's good;

Anakin IS the chosen one, Qui-Gon found the chosen one, Obi-Wan trained the chosen one, and Yoda trained Luke, who helped the most in turning him back to the lightside. So Luke would prolly be a force ghost when he dies too but that's EU and there have been a ton of threads like this........

Cascador
Well assuming that Leia didn't freak out or just that her eyesight isn't what it used to be when Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan apear, I guess Luke was the only one who could see them cause he has a connection with all three of them...that's maybe why Qui-Gon didn't apear, cause Luke has no connection with Qui-Gon. Leia couldn't see them cause she has no connection with neither of them.

prod_
Quigon became a ghost because he accepted his death...the same way vader does...I read this somewhere...Maybe heard it in the audio novel...prety sure bout it...

stefaan
No, it's through love apparently and qui-gon figured it out himself (why don't we ever see the guy?) and he teached yoda and obi-wan. I guess that Anakin retained his identity because he loves his children so much.

mossman
Who told Qui Gon how to become one with the Force?
No one did, he just managed it.
Something that he did when he was alive.
His lifestyle, his attitude.

Some people say Obi and Yoda learned how to make themselves one with the Force and were able to do the same for Ani.
Others say that Ani is a unique case - he is the chosen one, and he brings balance to the Force.

We'll never know for sure...

I prefer that it is a mystery - what on Earth are we going to discuss for the next 35 years if EVERYTHING is explained?

The_Noose
It all has to do with the sacrificing of the "self". Once Anakin chose to think of someone other than himself and accepted the truth of releasing his anger for the love of his son. He was ready for the next step...

Darth Jello
It's an ancient technique found by the Whills, Qui-Gonn learned it from their texts and tought it to obi-wan and Yoda. Vader may have done it by instinct or accident.

macgeek2005
Sidious knows how to do that, because he learned it from Darth Plageus.

he tells anakin that his Master had an ability to bring someone dead back to life. That's when anakin says "Is it possible to learn this power", cause he wants to save padme. So i'm sure he learns it from him.

Cascador
Originally posted by macgeek2005
Sidious knows how to do that, because he learned it from Darth Plageus.

he tells anakin that his Master had an ability to bring someone dead back to life. That's when anakin says "Is it possible to learn this power", cause he wants to save padme. So i'm sure he learns it from him.

No he doesn't...that's different...that's really coming back to life...and I doubt if he knows how, seems more like a lie to lure Anakin to the Dark Side. With the technique Qui-Gon learned you lose your body but you keep your identity.

XX Emperor XX
I never really wondered about this whole ghost theory until I saw ROTJ. Hopefully ROTS will till us how obi-wan and yoda learn about...Anakin who knows we may never know

macgeek2005
"With Such Knowledge, to retain life in someone already living, would seem a small matter, don't you think?" - Chancellor Palpatine (to Anakin)

Cascador
Originally posted by macgeek2005
"With Such Knowledge, to retain life in someone already living, would seem a small matter, don't you think?" - Chancellor Palpatine (to Anakin)

Who said he knew that? all a big lie...and it's not the same what Obi-Wan Yoda and the others do. They don't retain their lives. They keep their identity in death. So in theory they are dead but can walk among the living by this technique.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by The_Noose
It all has to do with the sacrificing of the "self". Once Anakin chose to think of someone other than himself and accepted the truth of releasing his anger for the love of his son. He was ready for the next step...

That's it.

That's what I meant. It's through a moment of pure selflessness, or through the will of the force and accepting your death and understanding it in the grander picture. If you are to become one with the force, death should be accepted.

Obi-Wan and Yoda learn the technique, whereas Anakin and Qui-Gon do this because it is in their nature. As we remember, Qui-Gon told Obi-Wan to train him, and the fact that Qui-Gon has become one with the force proves that Anakin IS The Chosen One, he couldn't have become a force ghost if he wasn't doing the force's will.

It's cool how this really makes me want to watch Episode I again. I never rated it much but now I think this news makes Qui-Gon just so damn cool.

lol, it's all Darth Maul's fault. If it weren't for Darth Maul killing Qui-Gon in the first place, he wouldn't have been mucking up Sidious plans. Stupid Maul.

kiadimundijedi
Anakin Kills Palpatine, hell why cant he become one with the force... This thread is lame...

jedijunky1138
Look, my question is who shows Vader how to do it not How it is done. If Qui-Gon shows Yoda and Obi Wan AFTER Anakin turns how would the secret get out. If the DVD is correct in saying that Yoda and Obi-Wan help him after he dies I feel this is a poor tie in to the OT. But thats my opinion.

DeVi| D0do
makes sense to me...

jedijunky1138
Originally posted by kiadimundijedi
Anakin Kills Palpatine, hell why cant he become one with the force... This thread is lame... Your sig is lame just like your sign on name.

Darth Traidor
Well, if you ask, who tells Vader, you may as well ask who told Qui Gong , and by the way, the emperor knows sith techniques to live beyond his body, that is how he always changes into his clone bodies and become virtually immortal.

smoker4
Originally posted by jedijunky1138
Your sig is lame just like your sign on name.

Rap skills JJ smile

Lazerlike42
after seeing ROTS, I believe that Sidious and Plagieus knew the secret (given his conversastion in the theatre), but that only one adgearing to the light side can achieve it. In other words, Vader and Palpatine knew the secret but only Vader returns to the light side and thus is able to have immortality as it is called. I BELIEVE that this is backed up by the actual scripted (and cut unfortunately) dialogue between Yoda and Qui-gon at the end of ROTS. I think I remember the mention in this dialogue that the irony is that the Sith have spent thousands of years searching for this ability but that only by using the light side can it truly be achieved.

drummerboy
well i think that. Being able to live forever/comunticat through the force was only possible when you had become one with the force eg somthing yoda obi and Qui gon all learn to do...and to answer the question no one tells him(for one they never see each other until ANH. but as Anakin/Vader is the choosen one and was 'created by the mirclorienins themselves' he is one with the force. (Plus all the other stuff you lot have said which makes sence)

Delta 62
Anakin could do it because he was so in tune with the Force. It might have been natural to him..it didn't have to be taught. And he was of course the Chosen One, as was said in the last post.

finti
well Anakin was conceived by the force, whats more natural that he be a part of the force when he dies?

moviejunkie23
i am of the mind qui gon was so intune with the force that he was gradually trying to rip his way back into the world of the living so he could communicate to his jedi's. You can hear him scream in episode 2, he is still not quite as far as becoming a ghost but maybe qui gon was continually getting stronger to the point were he could appear in ghost form. Than maybe from there he can guide certain other dead jedi into becoming ghosts as well. I am of the mind it is just qui gon is so ube intune with the force he discovered a technique of visiting the living while being dead and taught the skill to others like yoda and obi and anikin

MyKuS
I'm not sure where I read this, but the ability to be preserved in the Force is to do with latching your spirit onto a nearby Jedi when you die. Yoda, Obi and Anakin all attach themselves to Luke, and hence he can see them, as he is there when each of them dies. Qui Gon himself attached himself to Obi, which also explains why Yoda explains to Obi that he will be able to communicate with Qui Gon. Quite how Yoda achieves this communication is beyond me. The reason Sideous didn't latch onto someone because there was no Jedi close enough that he would wish to latch on to. None of this is 100%, but I hope someone can expand on this theory.

Darth_Sidious01
I think it is just a matter of dying at peace..making peace with yourself and accepting your death with a completely clear spirit and clear mind that allows them to retain their identity after death

Lazerlike42
I always thought that were so, but Qui-gon didn't do that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.