scream? your thoughts, and my thoughts...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amlap
just for the record the sequels for scream sucked ass. yeah, the first one was a new idea and all that crap, but as a movie it does nothing special. the only thing that came from the first scream were the crappy ass teen slasher movies with over paid actors and horrible plots. the second and third scream were way too predictable. i wont lie that when the movies first came out i enjoyed them...til the third one. the third scream is one of the most predictalbe horror movies i has ever seen. i felt robbed of my money as i told my friends in the theaters what was gonna happen without watching the movie previously. and the only reason that the first one had you guessing till the end of the movie is because they "pretend" to kill the characters during the movie, which to me, is a horrible way to keep the killer identies secret. and the killers for the second two movies was redictulious. nothing positive i tell you came from those movies.

HockeyHorror
i find the first scream movie very unique...because if you remember the poster of Scream had Drew Barrymore on it. and EVERYONE thought she was gonna be the main character that the killer is after blah blah blah...but right in the first 5 minutes BOOM she's dead....

that is very impressive...i believe it called situational irony...

Cinemaddiction
I don't see how anyone could call the last 2 boring, or say that they were predictable.

Anyone honestly want to admit they knew who the killer was in Scream 2, even though she had ABSOLUTELY NO SCREEN TIME UNTIL THE END? roll eyes (sarcastic)

As for the 3rd one, I, personally thought it was even less predictable and nobody dare say they knew who it was going to be, or that he was indeed the one that had orchestrated ALL the murders through the trilogy. While it wasn't necessarily the most exciting, as it was more to tie up loose ends and tell the "Final Chapter", it was still entertaining.

What Scream did was very rare. It was an actual planned trilogy, that fleshed out almost flawlessly. It was a genre milestone, and probably what singlehandedly brought Wes Craven's name back from the grave.

All that said, I love all 3. I think the trilogy is a movie milestone, and if anything is underrated.

Zilverz
Original Scream is an awesome movie. It was insane when they were in the kitchen stabbing each other.

Another good thing that came from Scream was Scary Movie 1 and 2 both hilarious

Cinemaddiction
..but pieces of cinematic garbage. Funny thing is that the only truely funny installment of the franchise, being "Scary Movie 3" almost out grossed the first 2 movies combined.

BackFire
The first scream is gold. The sequels tried way to hard to pull the rug out from under us and make the viewer go "whoa, never saw that coming". While it does achieve this, it does it by having the killers end up being so obscure that they're stupid and not shocking but just confusing and silly.

Like I said, I love the first scream, for it's time it was very unique and genuinely entertaining, but I hate what Scream spawned, the sequels and the other rip off teen horror films almost destroyed the Horror genre for good, as those movies were the only type of horror films getting big releases for several years.

Luckily good horror films are starting to get big releases again, thanks to the wonderfully crafted albeit tired 28 Days Later, which was basically the savior for quality horror films of today.

tabby999
^ hes so smart isn't he. bet he ate some REALLY smart peoples brains

Evil Dead
I like Scream...........I dislike the second and third. I'm not going to rant about what they fail to achieve or pick them apart bit by bit or anything..........they just bore me. They took a good movie and made the sequels tiresome to sit through. It's the only movie I can think of that was created with an all-star cast and released as an A-list movie......then had B-movie sequels made with the same cast. I've owned the Scream box set since the day after it was released and not once have I uttered or even thought to myself, "gee.....I feel like watching Scream 2 or 3 today"........

Hell.....even with movies like PoTA I'll get on a kick. I'll watch Planet of the Apes......then get in the mood and end up watching all 5 that week. Not so with Scream. After I watch it, I put it back in my dvd collection and give no thought to the other two.

Cinemaddiction
You ever get tired of kissing his ass? Honestly.

Linkalicious
IMO the first Scream was a classic. The other two were ok movies, but they really ruined the original because that's what sequels usually do.

BackFire
Nothing wrong with honesty.

SlipknoT
I liked the 1st scream. I went and saw the 2nd, it was ok, but I didnt bother to see the 3rd.

Lord Soth
Wow, someone else who thinks all 3 were awesome. I have found my kindred spirit........

tabby999
wow, make a few coments and theres always someone who thinks its in their (and i bet they think their doing it in everyone elses) best interest to stick their head in. hey, guess what! its not! and basically what he said summed up what needed to be said.

Cinemaddiction
Yep, my bad. This was the 1st time BF was "shown some love". It was Evil Dead who got his ego stroked the last 2 times..

I find that a little more than "agreeing" with what someone said.

tabby999
well the first was praise. yes, agreed. the second was a statement. sorry, but i didn't realise we wern't allowed to make statements here. my bad

Evil Dead
oh.....come on Cinemaddiction.......Backfire and I both rule......get with the program.........

Lord Soth
laughing

johnny.d girl
hi

HockeyHorror
random^

tabby999
well spotted

kiwibloom
i personally thought the first scream ruled, the characters i loved! (tatum and stu) they rock!!!! big grin anyway the 2nd is probably least fav (randy dies) sad yeah and the third was pretty good i liked how (as randy say trilogies do) it went back to the beginning and revealed somthing we thought was true but wasn't true!--randy vidio quote! it was not as good as the first! sequals never (almost never) surpass the original!

!YEAH BUT THATS JUST ME!!!

!ONE MORE QUOTE FOR THE ROAD!

smokin' evil face

Cinemaddiction
Bonus points for Kiwi, and the "Hackers" quotes. yes

LeatherLep43
The 1st Scream is the best. It's gunna be a classic. I really don't like movies, ya know, that have teenagers in them. But this one was ok to me. It had me thinking and confused the whole time. The end was great on the first one. I had no idea it was going to be the 2 dudes. I rewinded back and forth just to make sure it was them doing the killings, cuz I was so confused! But, nevertheless, the 1st one is the best. And the second one wasn't too shabby. The third could have done better. I felt kinda sorry for the girl who was getting beat up at the end of the 3rd one.

kiwibloom
thankyou cinemaaddiction kudos 2 u too!!partytimethumbup1

HockeyFace
Why the hell was the Fonz uncredited in Scream one?

HockeyFace
Well anyways here is my onpinion on Scream (haven't seen the second and thrid). I think it was a good movie plain out. I missed the first 25 minutes, but no difference. It is a horror/comedy. Lots of in-jokes in the movie made it reallyt enjoyable. In fact I feel like listing some of them right now:

1. Wes Craven plays FREDDY the Janitor
2. Linda Blair(the girl in the Exorcist) makes a cameo.
3. The constant references to other horror movies
4 The Billy LOOMIS character

Also Henry Winkler nearly had me on the ground from what he said to the kids running around with the Ghostface masks. Hard to believe he was once the Fonz. Jamie Kennedy is great as Randy Meeks, my personal favorite character in Scream. Matthew Lillard's demise is the best death in the movie. Also the movie is more down to base with its viewer in my opinion.

Blackwing
I love Scream..sadly i have not seen the second two but the first one rocked!

zombieman
I think, love or loath the 'Scream' series, it and Wes Craven ressurected Horror as a profitable genre. However, it did pave the way for a lot of godawful movies such as 'I Know What You Did Last Summer', 'Urban Legend' and 'Valentine'.

Personally the original is up there with Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as one of the best slasher movies around. I don't think there was much need for the sequels but they were always inevitable given the popularity of the first one.

Lord Soth
Not true, actually. Scream was, from the beginning, planned to be a trilogy. 100% pre-mediated. Part of Scream 3 were written at the same time as the first one

tabby999
bit like the matrix and movies like that

Cinemaddiction
The Matrix was never intended to be a trilogy, that's for damn sure.

LeatherLep, take note, because this compliments the "End of Scream" thread. This is why there were 3 only, and will only be 3.

I'll spoiler tag this for those who haven't seen all 3.

Scream 1, the killers were predictable. Roman found two horror movie freaks who were crazy enough to take their passion to the next level. Unfortunately they got in a little too deep (Stu pun intended). Sydney lives.

Scream 2, someone has to avenge the wrongful death of one of the main characters, so Craven throws everyone a curve by making it Ms. Loomis. This is where the rules get bent a little.

Scream 3, the final act. "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself." The rules get broken, all bets are off. So to wrap up the trilogy, Roman takes matters into his own hands and plants the perfect plot that will entangle all the people that ruined his life and relationship with his mother. Sydney and Gale Weathers for the most part.

So, if you didn't gather what I was dissecting there, there will be no 4 because the catalyst for the series, being Roman's revenge, is no more because he is dead. At the end of Scream three, there was a bit of symbolic irony in Sydney leaving her alarm off and her door wide open.

While her door may be wide open, the sequels is not.

kiwibloom
the second and 3rd just werent as good cuz they had to kill off tatum! mad and i know stu made an awsome killer but he shouldnt have been cuz he should have been in the sequel with tatum and they should of gotten married at the end of the 3rd!(i hated gale, dewey was ok they should of killed gale not tatum sad )
i still luv the trilogy though dont get me wrong!

see how cute they r 2gether, i luv em!!!!!!inlove big grin

kiwibloom
yup i agree exactly!!! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.