Amazing discovery on ROTS Trailer Music!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

macgeek2005
Oh my gosh! I don't know whether this was known before, and I was just blind to it, but the music that's playing in the ROTS trailer, starting at the shot of the smoking jedi temple and sidious saying "Every single jedi" bla bla bla, is the same music that's playing during Emperor electrifying luke.

If you remember from the trailer, that yellow starfighter comes flying by eventually, and with that the music changes to the famous star wars theme.

At that point during the electrifying, Vader Pickes up the emperor. That's exactly when the theme starts, and in the trailer, when he says "You were the chosen one" it's at the EXACT SAME MOMENT, that Vader throws the emperor to his doom.

Is this a coincidence? I mean... he's being the chosen one, at the exact same point in the music that Obi-Wan says "You were the chosen one".

macgeek2005
Did anyone else notice this?

Count_Pipe
Yes ... I do, when a saw the Trailer.

For my, Is a old new wink

peluffo
cri... cri...

macgeek2005
So this was known all along?

BAILY
Si si senor.... but for those who are hard of hearing.. like myself... thanks for the heads up

LanİeWindu™
I never noticed...erm

macgeek2005
I think it's absolutely amazing. Because he IS BEING the chosen one in that moment. Destroying Darth Sidious.

DarkYoda
I recognized the music, but it didn't dawn on me the fact that there was a connection with Obi-Wan yelling "you were the chosen one" and the same music that plays when Vader actually fulfills the prophecy. Good thinking. cool

ickeris2003
wow, I cant believe I noticed that before. Thats awesome big grin

bill9d9
Pretty cool. Not surprising, though.

Kainreaver
Does anyone know the song that plays in the Revenge of the sith T.V. spot called "Tragedy"?

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Kainreaver
Does anyone know the song that plays in the Revenge of the sith T.V. spot called "Tragedy"?

It's called "Battle of the Heroes." It's a new score for Episode 3 by John Williams.

macgeek2005
It's track 3. on the Soundtrack

kiadimundijedi
OH WOW! ANOTHER LAME THREAD!!!

lucasfilm
hey, cut him some slack kiadi... this guy likes MACs.. lol

HAROLD
Pretty cool

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by kiadimundijedi
OH WOW! ANOTHER LAME THREAD!!!

OH WOW! ANOTHER WARNING!!!

Stop with the bashing kiadimunijedi, this is your second warning today.

Now, this thread actually has a topic that's worth discussing, so if you'll be a good little kid and keep your negative comments to yourself and enjoy the forum, I'll be a happy man.

3 strikes and you're out, at least temporarily.

hunchy
What a startling revelation!! How amazing MacGeek. Holy hell. Not really. It's a trailer, not the movie itself. Chill out. What's there to discuss about this?

DCLXVI
Cool.

LightSaber_Part
Thanks for pointing that out. smile
never noticed it.

Darth_fury
never noticed it coz of palpatines creepy voice talkin over it thanks

amity75
Never noticed it before. Just goes to show us that Lucas is even more of a genius than we think he is.

McCusto
I knew this since atleast the day after the trailer came out

jabbar
I doubt GL and his egghead team would have deliberately made such a connection.... GL is too busy counting his $$ to bother with hidden, running themes and other clever things within the plot and movie soundtracks, etc.....

jabbar
Besides, to do so just to please us poor geeks who dwell on a movie well past its block-busting days, is a pointless and profitless exercise

Sesse
I would be more concerned about the fact that Sidious has a girlfriend!

"Every SINGLE jedi is now an enemy of the republic...."

Anakin had a wife, that made him a friend of the republic. And so did palpatine.

Every killed jedi was a single. Just think about that.

mossman
no expression Groan.................. laughing

b-dan
well i like sideuos theme but i dont like him but i like his lines they make me alugh will all the "now your path to teh dark side is complete" it always craks me up but vader sahll rule suprime.

Darth_fury
Originally posted by b-dan
well i like sideuos theme but i dont like him but i like his lines they make me alugh will all the "now your path to teh dark side is complete" it always craks me up but vader sahll rule suprime. What the f**k? i dont remember him sayin any of that

elfprincess101
yeah i thought the musci sounded familiar form rotj

chinabing
They re-use music from previous Star Wars movies in trailers all the time. Check the previews on dvds of other SW movies. Typically, they're not done with the music from the new movie, so they use something familar from the old.

Not to say that use of that particular music wasn't intentional.

I hate it when people say Lucas is just sitting on a pile of money, greedily counting his cash. That's more peter jackson, who will release 3 or 4 different versions of LOTR before you get the one you really want!

lupisnoctis1286
I never noticed that. Great job picking up on that.

DirectorFitz
Originally posted by macgeek2005
Oh my gosh! I don't know whether this was known before, and I was just blind to it, but the music that's playing in the ROTS trailer, starting at the shot of the smoking jedi temple and sidious saying "Every single jedi" bla bla bla, is the same music that's playing during Emperor electrifying luke.

If you remember from the trailer, that yellow starfighter comes flying by eventually, and with that the music changes to the famous <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=star%20wars" onmouseover="window.status='star wars'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">star wars</a> theme.

At that point during the electrifying, Vader Pickes up the emperor. That's exactly when the theme starts, and in the trailer, when he says "You were the chosen one" it's at the EXACT SAME MOMENT, that Vader throws the emperor to his doom.

Is this a coincidence? I mean... he's being the chosen one, at the exact same point in the music that Obi-Wan says "You were the chosen one".

hmm.....that's alot of free time you got there, eh?

but for now..... Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.