Hey, KMC. Can you guys help me out with a report on the U.S. government payrolls?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ganner Rhysode
It's for a report I'm doing. The basic stuff I know is that the salary a U.S. Senator (and other Government positions? I don't know) gets during his or her single/multiple terms is the same salary he or she gets for the rest of their entire lives. That means that if we got just 50 new Senators every 2 years for the next 10 years, we'd be losing x amount of money. (I don't know how much money it is, either.) I need as much information on this subject as possible.

The second thing I need to know about is Government social security checks, and about how they get more from that then the average American makes anually. I'm not exactly sure about this one, and I don't need this as much, but anything would help.

Thanks a bunch, KMC.

KharmaDog
Instead of people telling you, why don't you research the information for yourself?

Ganner Rhysode
Well, I'm doing the best research I can, but it's sort of a hard subject to look into, y'know? Most of the stuff that comes up on Google is either irrelevant or B.S. I can find some things, but it would be helpful if the good people of KMC helped out. I'm sure you've done a report before where getting some help on the "research and development" stage would have helped you out, no?

PVS
im sorry to hear that the library in your town burned down.
where can i send a donation for rebuilding it?

stick out tongue

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
I'm sure you've done a report before where getting some help on the "research and development" stage would have helped you out, no?

No, from highschool on we were expected to do our own work. And is Google the only resource that you are using? Also, what makes you think that people here will have your answers, perhaps some think they know more than they actually do, perhaps some are misinformed and perhaps others might intentionally give you wrong answers.

Don't depend on others to find answers for you.

Ganner Rhysode
I'm just trying to see if anybody else knows something, or think they know something. Naturally, I'll check into as many subjects and such as I can.

And, I'm at my library right now, thank you very much, and there aren't too many books on the salary government officals make, or comparing their social security benefits to the average Americans. This isn't a subject you can really just look up in some random newspaper, or find in some various books.

botankus
Here's all you need to know for your report:

A US Senator gets an annual increase of around 2.43885649932002% (exactly) annually for the rest of their lives. From that figure and from a starting base pay of $7,500,000 (including a $25000 signing bonus) you should be able to figure it out.

Hope you get an A!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.