Limewire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
Just wondering....

I have Limewire on my computer. Is is possible to get a virus from Limewire?

JKozzy
Yes.

And Limewire sucks. And you can be sued if you use it.

Jedi Priestess
I dont think LimeWire sucks at all. It's the only place Ive been able to find Smallville episodes without waiting 2 days on a download. My only problem with it, is that it makes my computer lag like a big dawg. And you can get a virus from any P2P program. And you can get sued using ANY of these, includng Kozzmans favorite bittorent.

Clovie
but the thing is that with some of them it is hard to get localised.

bittorent? i know it.
though i've never heard of limewire messed

Kael
Yes it is possible to get a virus, especially if you use limewire. What a terrible P2P client to use.

Jedi Priestess
Well honestly, how many brains does it take to scan anything you've downloaded? You can get a virus from ANY P2P client. And I do mean ANY.

Storm
I go with Morpheus.

Fire
I think you really have to push it, atleast in belgium, to get sued for using P2P

Tex
Originally posted by Storm
I go with Morpheus.

I haven't used Morpheus since like 1999! stick out tongue

RedAlertv2
how do i scan my downloads for viruses? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but i still would like an answer

Jedi Priestess
after you download them use an anti-virus program.

Tex
Or use an anti virus program that scans your download before it has a chance to execute.

Also use a firewall.

lil bitchiness
Please no discussions of illegal file sharing problems.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.