Dr. Strange taps into the speedforce!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
Dr Strange, while experimenting with his magic, unlocked the speedforce dimension, giving him the ability to think, react, move, fight and cast spells at faster than light speeds. It also gives him all the abilities and resistences to hyperspeed as the Flash.

How does this new and improved Dr. Strange fare against:

1)Flash
2)Quasar
3)Dr. Doom with one month prep
4)Doomsday
5)Gladiator
6)Silver Surfer
7)King Thor
8)Thanos
9)Odin
10)Molecule Man

Cosmic Cube
Magic and lightspeed? stick out tongueukes:

He'd beat just about everyone on that list though.

long pig
ahaha everyone dies horribly.

maybe odin....nah he dies too.

demigawd
I picked the topic because magic and superspeed are my TWO FAVORITE THINGS!!!

Swanky-Tuna
Maybe if Flash lent his speed to Odin or King Thor or something.

long pig
Dude, if strange EVER tapped into that, only person could stop him is like LT or something like that.

a few seconds is days and weeks to someone going at lightspeed, he could prep for a year in a day!

itd be cool to see even thou, as cosmic said...it'd be cheap n stupid.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Maybe if Flash lent his speed to Odin or King Thor or something.

Strange would steal the speed back. Then he'd steal all of thier "speeds" like Flash always does.

Swanky-Tuna
But stealing speed is an advanced speed force trick isn't it? Plus Flash would steal the stolen speed!

Cosmic Cube
Yes, but Strange would already know how to do it, He'd know everything there is to know about the Speed Force. Strange will resteal his stolen stolen speed.

Swanky-Tuna
Flash would steal back the stolen stolen stolen stolen speed. There's an extra stolen because Flash was fast enough to steal it back before it was stolen.

long pig
The runner can run multiples of light speed, he could rush in at 2X light speed and punch him in the eye.

grey fox
yeah but running at double light speed and punching someone in the face would make their head explode

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by demigawd
Dr Strange, while experimenting with his magic, unlocked the speedforce dimension, giving him the ability to think, react, move, fight and cast spells at faster than light speeds. It also gives him all the abilities and resistences to hyperspeed as the Flash.

How does this new and improved Dr. Strange fare against:

1)Flash
2)Quasar
3)Dr. Doom with one month prep
4)Doomsday
5)Gladiator
6)Silver Surfer
7)King Thor
8)Thanos
9)Odin
10)Molecule Man

I think you just wrote the next great Marvel villain...lol
He should be able to beat just about anyone this way.

Swanky-Tuna
I think the only way to beat him would be to combine Gladiator or Flash with Doom by taping them together.

DigiMark007
Wait! Surfer is faster than light...so the speed force would (in theory) do very little to him. And he's wicked powerful, and has the power cosmic....there's one hell of a battle. But the sheer speed with whcih Strange could think and cast spells is another advantage, but it's closer than people might think. I'd take Strange in a close one. I think everyone else is screwed but Thanos/Doom/Odin might think of something.

-DM

Scoobless
Dr Strangeflash would own the surfer..... lightspeed fighting and reaction backed up with magical force barriers, spells and incantations.....Superspeed learning of every mystical piece of knowledge in every dimension he can reach....... plus all the artifacts and weapons he can get his hands on...... Strangeflash could take Galactus..... maybe

Swanky-Tuna
Surfer travels at warp speeds.

Cosmic Cube
Surfer travels at warp speeds.

And thinks at warp speeds.

And reacts at warp speeds.

Only reason he ever gets hit, and his fights last for more than two or three panels is the same reason Flash gets hit, and his fights last so long. PIS.

Lightspeed sucks, and so does magic. Right demigawd?

Scoobless
if surfer reacted at warp speed he'd kick the sh!t out of Thanos every time..... i've never seen evidence of warpspeed reaction time

Swanky-Tuna
If he thought at warp speeds I reckon he'd either have precog or go insane.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Scoobless
if surfer reacted at warp speed he'd kick the sh!t out of Thanos every time..... i've never seen evidence of warpspeed reaction time Its about time somebody realized this. If somebody could do that they would never loose. And Surfer has lost before.

kgkg

juggernaut74
Yea but Thanos was such a great threat and had to be defeated dont you think he would have killed him as Cosmic Cube would say in a "nanosecond" laughing

DigiMark007
The flaw in logic (among the many that dot comic books anyway) is that Surfer and those guys can react instantaneously. They can't. The Enterprise on Star Trek can travel warp speeds...but can it react that fast in a tactical battle? No. The same thing holds true for Surfer and the rest.

Now, The Enterprise could run away...and so could Surfer (probably). But that's not exactly a win, is it?

For a second I played devil's advocate and acted like Surfer could give Dr. Strangeflash a run for his money...but it was a losing effort. Strangeflash could probably become fourth or fifth in overall power if he wanted to (after HOTU, LT, IG, Pheonix, maybe Galactus, etc.)

-DM

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The Enterprise on Star Trek can travel warp speeds...but can it react that fast in a tactical battle? No.
You'd mess up your warp field like that. The engines can't take it!

Scoobless
You'd mess up your warp field like that. The engines can't take it!

ah'll jist incrrreeease the powerrr tae the structurrrrral integrrrrity field cap'n

Swanky-Tuna
The plasma injectors have fused! Oh crap!

long pig
Couldnt Dr.Strangeflash steal SS' speed, making him like a living statue?

Imagine the costum Strangeflash would wear....red tights and a cape...

kgkg
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea but Thanos was such a great threat and had to be defeated dont you think he would have killed him as Cosmic Cube would say in a "nanosecond" laughing

see that's the problem

marvel gives the character powers but they don't back it up.

silver did fight beyong light speed once or twice i have the comics but most of the time even thing , hulk has hit him many times. (which doesn't make sence)

same can be said for DC. superman , WW etc.

comics are stupid when it comes to speed.

Galadiator can react/move 100X faster than light , now how the hell whould Cannonball hit him?

i guess all comic are trying to make a story.

as for Thanos i don't know , can he think at light speed also?? ( i will email marvel )

Swanky-Tuna
One hundred times faster than light?

K3VIL
Silver Surfer's hasn't warp speed reflexes and reaction time.He can fly at ws but not react at that kind of speed.He's in the highly enhanced human range of speed and reaction time.
If he was so fast, guys like Hulk, Spider-Man or Carnage wouldn't even see him moving.
Superman has high level or superhuman reflexes and speed, but he almost get hitted cause he likes to do the boy scout and talk before punching you in the face.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by kgkg

Galadiator can react/move 100X faster than light , now how the hell whould Cannonball hit him?
Maybe cause he cannot react/move 100x the speed of light. Where in the hell did you even come up with that?

kgkg
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Maybe cause he cannot react/move 100x the speed of light. Where in the hell did you even come up with that?

when he battled thor.

he had to make thor 100X speed of light.(some mr.fan made)

while gladiator has using his own speed for that fight.

long pig
damn, then how the **** could Gladiator ever lose??

Hes faster than the Flash.

demigawd
heh. I guess ya'll haven't been reading up on the Magneto/Gladiator thread Beyonder put up. There was some issue he cited where Gladiator was fighting at 100X the speed of light.

If anything qualifies as bad writing, that's it. And it seems from the reaction here that most of you agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.