Defend the Underdog!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
It seems people here tend to like some of the battle games I come up with, so here's another one.

Here are the rules:

1. The powerful foe is on a rampage across a populated area, and has assumed he's already dispatched off all the heroes and will be surprised and unprepared for the encounter.

2. The only heroes available are the ones on the list

3. They can take as much time as necessary to come up with a plan, but the more time they take, the more people die. Think: 100 deaths per hour.

Devise a scenario in which the following underdogs can beat a more powerful foe. Calculate the number of hours necessary to devise the plan and that is the total number of deaths your plan cost.

Note: Characters may use any natural materials found on Earth and may use or manipulate them to whatever extent their abilities enable them. Characters may also use any tools (shovels, knives, dump trucks, explosives) that are within some reasonable range. Characters may NOT use complex weaponry (so no, "Nightcrawler teleports to Reed's lab and get the Ultimate Nullifier" nonsense), however, materials may be used to invent things if within the characters' abilities.

Contribute to as few or as many battles as you'd like. I included multiple battles to minimize strategy copying.

Battle 1
=========
Mindless Hulk
vs.
Hydroman
Sandman
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Nightcrawler
Banshee

Battle 2
==========
Flash
vs.
Thing
Iron Man
Plastic Man

Battle 3
=========
Doomsday
vs.
Luke Cage
Quicksilver
Forge
Songbird
Batman

Battle 4
=========
Odin
vs.
Hal GL
Martian Manhunter
Dr. Strange

Battle 5
=========
Galactus
vs.
Polaris
Invisible Woman
Superman
Silver Surfer
Reed Richards

Battle 6
=========
Thanos
vs.
Deathstroke
Magneto
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
The Atom (Ray Palmer - can shrink to microscopic size)
Kitty Pryde

Cosmic Cube
Team 1

Banshee screams in Mindless Hulk's ear, then Mindless Hulk gets frightened like an animal and runs away.

Cosmic Cube
Team 2

IM brings an anti-gravity field creater to the fight. They sneak up on Flash, use the anti-grav creater on him, Plastic man wraps him up and Thing beats him unconscious.

Cosmic Cube
Team 3

Batman borrows the Phantom Zone portal from the Hall of Justice. Quicksilver takes it, and puts Doomsday in the Phantom Zone.

Cosmic Cube
Team 4

Hal, Strange, and MM put on magic earrings, and dance in synchronization to fuse into Steve, the Strange Martian Lantern. Odin is overwhelmed by the Strange Martian Lantern's immense power, and he acquiesces.

Cosmic Cube
Team 5

While snooping around, Reed and Norrin find their way into Galactus's machinery as always. They fool around with some wires, Galactus starts losing energy, he remits.

Cosmic Cube
Team 6

Magneto and Doom get their hands on the same earrings Strange and Hal used, and they fuse to become Dr. Magnetic Holocaust. Doom's supreme intelligence, combined with Magneto's ridiculous electromagnetic power proves to be too much for the last Eternal of Titan.

demigawd
Ahem.

Scoobless
Originally posted by demigawd
Battle 1
=========
Mindless Hulk
vs.
Hydroman
Sandman
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Nightcrawler
Banshee

Sandman can go toe to toe with Hulk distracting him..... Hydroman can draw out all his liquid dehydrating him during this fight, then Hydroman shoves his arm into Hulk's throat clogging him up and suffocating him...... as he's struggling to breath Banshee screams with everything he has itno Hulks ear

Spidey and Crawler can be their cheerleeders....... Wolverine goes for beer..... comes back at the end of the fight and stabs Hulk through the eyes

Scoobless
Battle 2
==========
Flash
vs.
Thing
Iron Man
Plastic Man

Iron Man carries his partners into the air and fires all his Nukes........ maybe he'll get lucky and Flash will think they are only hi-ex bombs and stick around

Scoobless
Battle 3
=========
Doomsday
vs.
Luke Cage
Quicksilver
Forge
Songbird
Batman

Quicksiler, Batman and Cage distract DD while forge draws up a plan for a super bad guy catapult type thing, Songbird creates it (like in T-Bolts where fixer draws somehting up and she instantly creates it..... they used this against the elements of doom)....... they launch DD into space towards the sun...... Batman and Cage probably die, QS survives

DigiMark007
Magneto and friends do a choreographed dance to the tune of "Freebird" to distract and amuse Thanos. Atom Dude shrinks and goes into Thanos' ear. He makes his way to the heart and then grows to normal size. Suicide? Yes. But effective? Affirmative.

-DM

Scoobless
Battle 4
=========
Odin
vs.
Hal GL
Martian Manhunter
Dr. Strange

they're pretty screwed....... UNLESS.........(and i'm making this up as i go)...... they all link minds (MM and strange can do this)... this triples their willpower effect on the GL ring..... while also tripling the number of ring creations at a time........ MM's superspeed linked through Strange can increase his incantations and spells....... and the GL ring can boost them

if the ring can create ANYTHING the bearer can imagine, then i don't see why Strange couldn't create mystical artifacts and weapons.................. lol................ looks like i've convinced myself that they aren't screwed

big grin

DigiMark007
Most of these are tough....

Nightcrawler grabs Wolverine. Starts teleporting to every side of Hulk...Wolvie just stabs wildly when they appear. Hulk can heal like crazy, but it's not instantaneous. Eventually, dozens of holes in his skin are going to start slowing him down. The other guys, mostly Spider-Man, just keep Hulk distracted and slow him down however possible (i.e. lots of webs). Wolvie eventually could probably just slice Hulk's head off. And no healing factor is going to regrow a head.

-DM

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
they're pretty screwed....... UNLESS.........(and i'm making this up as i go)...... they all link minds (MM and strange can do this)... this triples their willpower effect on the GL ring..... while also tripling the number of ring creations at a time........ MM's superspeed linked through Strange can increase his incantations and spells....... and the GL ring can boost them

if the ring can create ANYTHING

laughing laughing

Helluva try Scoob. But they're still screwed.

-DM

P.S. With the possible exception of the two I tried and the Flash battle, I think the underdogs are done for in the other battles, regardless of what crazy schemes we make.

Scoobless
Battle 5
=========
Galactus
vs.
Polaris
Invisible Woman
Superman
Silver Surfer
Reed Richards

ok............they seem screwed again........lol

ok............i don't think they can kill him.... but they could make it more trouble than it's worth to eat the planet they are on....... Surfer gives Superman a casing of solid energy (so he can't be immediately drained) i don't think invisibilty will help at all...... but her shields might help Supes get further without dying..... same with Polaris....... Surfer and Supes attack all Galactus's machinery and ship while reed attempts to reason with him....... again........

If Galactus wants them dead then they're dead

Scoobless
Battle 6
=========
Thanos
vs.
Deathstroke
Magneto
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
The Atom (Ray Palmer - can shrink to microscopic size)
Kitty Pryde

Magneto may be able to take on Thanos solo (probably not win though)....... during this fight (which will hopefully last 10 minutes) Doom and Panther use their resources to whip together some molecular acids and nanites..... Atom takes them into Thanos with the help of Kitty phasing them to get close...... they destroy his brain from the inside

it could work............. embarrasment

Cosmic Cube
No earrings, Scoobless?

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
laughing laughing

Helluva try Scoob. But they're still screwed.

-DM

P.S. With the possible exception of the two I tried and the Flash battle, I think the underdogs are done for in the other battles, regardless of what crazy schemes we make.

i will never admit defeat no one can match me for crazy plausible scheme production......maybe sane scheme production..... but not crazy..... NO ONE!!! crazy

i believe Strange's knowledge of mystical artifacts and weapons could be enough to stalemate Odin...... like Reed did to Galactus with the nullifier

kgkg
Magneto may be able to take on Thanos solo (probably not win though)....... during this fight (which will hopefully last 10 minutes) Doom and Panther use their resources to whip together some molecular acids and nanites..... Atom takes them into Thanos with the help of Kitty phasing them to get close...... they destroy his brain from the inside

it could work............. embarrasment
Magneto will die .

Thanos will slap him

magneto can't match SS , ad SS can't match thanos

i mean it won't even be a fight.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
No earrings, Scoobless?

NO GOD DAMN EARINGS!!!!................ lol

Scoobless
Originally posted by kgkg
Magneto will die .

Thanos will slap him

magneto can't match SS , ad SS can't match thanos

i mean it won't even be a fight.

i'm only using it as a distraction

kgkg
i'm only using it as a distraction

why distract when they can fuse.

DigiMark007
I'm with Scoob. His plan is similar to mine with the Thanos deal (mine involves the heart instead of the brain)...thus, I like it. Mags with his new powers could buy them at least a little bit of time.

-DM

demigawd
Good responses so far. I like you guys...always thinking!

Scoobless
Good responses so far. I like you guys...always thinking!

it's a curse......... i can't turn my bloody brain off at night to get to sleep some times........ it can be very annoying

sad

demigawd
I write these threads just for you, lol.

Scoobless
well i am the master when it comes to using the resources available......lol

cool

need i remind you...........

http://www.geocities.com/newwarriorshq/micros/graviton2.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/comics/ryans_marvel_world/Vision.gifhttp://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/scarlet/Wonderman4-Perez.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/comics/ryans_marvel_world/Carnage.GIFhttp://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Spiderman/ennemis/Puma1.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/newwarriorshq/micros/scourge.gifhttp://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/defenders/Hawkeye.gif
stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.