Oasis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morning_Glory
had to make a thread about them... and I know there will be a lot of bashing.. meh!

love them to death!

Looking forward to their new CD next month (may)

http://www.marcmarnie.com/merchand/liamcard.jpg

Cinemaddiction
They're making a new album...with both brothers? Interesting.

jaden101
hate liams vocals...prefer it when noel does acoustic versions of stuff like live forever

i have to admire the rock n roll attitude they have though...alot of people say its arrogance but there are far to many "good boys" in rock who dont have balls...at least oasis try to bring a little old school attitude back

BlackC@t
I LOVE 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out!' eek!

Libertine
Hey Lyla!

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by jaden101
hate liams vocals...prefer it when noel does acoustic versions of stuff like live forever

I would rather hear Noel sing as well...

and I havent heard the Lyla song yet... cant find it sad

KharmaDog
Originally posted by jaden101
i have to admire the rock n roll attitude they have though...alot of people say its arrogance but there are far to many "good boys" in rock who dont have balls...at least oasis try to bring a little old school attitude back

I think that they are trying way too hard at trying to be tough, F-you rock stars. They are more caricatures of rock stars.

Lana
I like them quite a bit. I used to love them when I was younger smile

Cinemaddiction
Me too, but back then, I was actually younger..like..18. Anything past "What's the Story..",..meh.

Lana
Well, I used to listen to them a lot when I was 8-9-10 years old, so I was actually quite young when I say "younger".

pr1983
i had no idea they were still running...

new album... interesting to see what its like...

Df02
...not released anything of worth since morning glory.

and Liam and his minders were beaten up in a bar by 2 estate agents and a computer programmer

KMC
Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory made me properly start to appreciate music- i owe those albums everything.
But have not been very impressed by recent releases.

I've heard Lyla a few times and i am highly disappointed. What made the first 2 albums amazing was that they were about 'drinking, shagging and taking drugs' they dont have that now.They've lost their edge.

Miss_Faye
Really now, they're making a new cd. Whoa. Very cool!!

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Df02
and Liam and his minders were beaten up in a bar by 2 estate agents and a computer programmer

No shit?

Alpha Centauri
Definately Maybe was ok.

Then they seemed to develop into failing Rock stars who were just flinging vicious attacks at those more talented and more able to do what they wanted to do, than they were able to do it themselves.

-AC

mechmoggy
The new album has had some good reviews, but I'll wait to hear a few tracks before I buy it.

I think they peaked with Definitely Maybe.

Morning_Glory
I heard that their new song Lyla was disappointing..still havent heard it yet... but Noel is saying this is the best album since Defintely Maybe...tsk! I wont believe it till i hear the new album... I really like them a lot but sometimes they are really full of it.

Heathen Chemistry wasnt a bad album... erm

I dont like the title to the new album..it's sort of gay...and I am hoping it isnt political or anything

jaden101
Originally posted by Df02
...not released anything of worth since morning glory.

laughing ...yeah...that was those "russian gangsters"

Morning_Glory
is there such a thing as Russian Gangsters?

tabby999
well, russia has the most fearsom mafia/gang setup in the world, so yes, there is russian gangsters.
and i loved Definatly Maybe and Whats the Story (Morning Glory) but since then the only thing i've heard that i liked was some songs of Heathen Chemistry. we can only hope that they get past all their stupid bullshit bravado and make a good cd

Morning_Glory
i dont think they will get past their kiddy ways...

o well

mechmoggy
Just a quick question, does everyone know what "morning glory" is?

Captain REX
I don't know anything, it's 1:30 AM. stick out tongue

I'm trying to find the Wonderwall - Boulevard of Broken Dreams mash up right now. I haven't heard much by Oasis, so I don't know what I'm doing here...

Morning_Glory
Ive heard that Captain REX...it's pretty cool!

koolruningz
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Just a quick question, does everyone know what "morning glory" is?

A morning glory is an English term for a boner, as the majority of men get them first thing in the morning. Sorry Morning_Glory but the question was asked. embarrasment

Clovie
Originally posted by koolruningz
A morning glory is an English term for a boner, as the majority of men get them first thing in the morning. Sorry Morning_Glory but the question was asked. embarrasment and what is a boner? confused

Morning_Glory
Morning Glory is also a flower

koolruningz
Originally posted by Clovie
and what is a boner? confused

An erection.
I didnt know it was a flower to, hopefully that was the way Oasis intended it to be used. wink

Morning_Glory
ha ha - i think Clovie was kidding but I knew some person would answer their question

koolruningz
Just trying to help, you never know with the internet. stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think the title to their new album is sort of gay!. embarrasment

koolruningz
What is it?

jaden101
the morning glory is also a cool weather event that happens in australiahttp://www.dropbears.com/brough/gallery/waves_2001/images/ Morning%20Glory%20with%20secondary%20lines%20on%20
sea%201.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/budmartin/frank/Pics%5CFly%20Morning%20Glory%202%20Oct%202001.jpg

http://www.meteo.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~roger/Clouds/E3_mg960910_21Z.gif

http://www.greenhorsesociety.com/Clouds/Glory.htm

koolruningz
Cool. Do you know why only in Australia?

Morning_Glory
ok back to Oasis...

koolruningz
So whats their new album called?

Morning_Glory
"Don't Believe the Truth"

jaden101
Cool. Do you know why only in Australia?

not a clue

koolruningz
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
"Don't Believe the Truth"

That not too bad, its better than "Be here now" and "Standing on the shoulder of giants".

Morning_Glory
I like "standing on the shoulder of giants"

yea I guess Be Here Now is a little silly

Clovie
ha ha - i think Clovie was kidding but I knew some person would answer their question i weren't kidding. bag
i don't know english well enough to know term like that

Morning_Glory
Oh confused

koolruningz
laughing

Morning_Glory
why is that funny... cause it's not no expression

koolruningz
Maybe my sense of humour is different from yours.

Morning_Glory
??? dont know

Morning_Glory
i know no one cares .. but I got front seat tickets to see oasis in Chicago!

happy

Dudester
Love Oasis-- I loved it when their song played in the OC-- champagne supernova... did anyone see that episode?

Morning_Glory
no - i hate shows like the OC - i cant believe an Oasis and the OC were even combined together...meh~

Ou Be Low hoo
Oasis suck balls now! They could rock back in the days of Britpop, but now they sound soooooooooooooooooooooooooo dated. 'Definitely Maybe' was a classic, but they went down-hill from then on. Same sound, different albums. No progression or development.

Morning_Glory
i disagree... erm

Ou Be Low hoo
How can you disagree with a fact?

koolruningz
Easy, because its just your opinion and not fact. Therefore there is plenty of room to disagree. I disagree as well, "Whats the story, morning glory" was also a quality album. But thats not a fact thats just my opinion. stick out tongue

Ou Be Low hoo
Easy, because its just your opinion and not fact. Therefore there is plenty of room to disagree.

It is not merely my opinion, it is the sacred word of God. He told me the other night on MSN, and I quote:

StinkFist462
laughing out loud
i really dont think Oasis isnt that bad . i wouldnt go to one of there shows or buy a CD . but ..... ah **** it Oasis sucks

koolruningz
Ah well if it comes from the man upstairs then i guess it must be true. Providing you believe in God that is. big grin

Ou Be Low hoo
Ah well if it comes from the man upstairs then i guess it must be true. Providing you believe in God that is.

By the process of possession I, Ou Be Low hoo, have agreed to God's wish that he uses me as a vessel, so that he may be able to speak to you directly, therefore, thus, therefore, confirming his actual divine realness...

What follows are the words of God:

Hello, koolruningz. Why did your mother birth you with such a strange name? Are you a Jamaican bobsleigh team? Anyway, my No.2 tells me that you are questioning whether Oasis are shit or not! How dare you contradict my judgement! Free-will or not, Oasis are a dull, medicore, repetative bunch of misfits who play slight variations of the same song over and over again. It has been said and shall forever be. Bye for now, do good, don't rape or pillage.

Well, there we go...Solid facts from the Big Man Upstairs...

koolruningz
Hey god hows it going? Im surprised you dont know my real name or why i use this screen name with you being god and all. Anyway in the future i suggest you choose a slightly more stable vessel than Ou Be Low hoo, he seems to have lost the plot. wink

Morning_Glory
I cant believe how gay some of you are in here...

koolruningz
^Who are you referring to may i ask?

Morning_Glory
not you Kool...

TWelling4Ever
hysterical SHE TOLD YOU!!!! laughing ^nice MG.... happy

Morning_Glory
i did??? ... no expression erm

koolruningz
I guess.

Morning_Glory
no ... didnt mean anything bad to Kool... blink

Tweling is just a little high today blink

koolruningz
Lucky her.
Have you heard any tracks off the new album?

Morning_Glory
yea.. just Lyla... its ok

Ou Be Low hoo
I cant believe how gay some of you are in here...

Well, statistics do estimate that 1 person in 10 is gay, so it's certainly conceivable. I, however, dine more hetrosexually. And you? Are you homoerotically incline? Does this preference have any bearing on your favor towards Oasis?

Morning_Glory
I mean gay as you are an idiot... you are mean to me in every thread...

just leave me alone already

Ou Be Low hoo
I mean gay as you are an idiot... you are mean to me in every thread...

just leave me alone already

The term 'gay' does not relate to any level of 'stupidity'. As an adjective it can be used in the following ways:

1) Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

2) Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.

3) Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.

4) Given to social pleasures.

5) Dissolute; licentious.

As a noun in can be used to refer to the following:

1) A person whose sexual orientation is to persons of the same sex.

2) A man whose sexual orientation is to men: an alliance of gays and lesbians.

Of course, there is the chance you are describing me as 'licentious', but unfortuantely I am bound by my oath to do good and spread the love.

Calling me 'gay', when you actually mean 'idiotic' is like me calling you 'concrete' when I actually mean 'ridiculous', ya dig?

As for me being mean to you, I must refute this accusation! I love you like a new born puppy...woof woof?

Morning_Glory
can't believe you wasted your time typing out all that ^ eat
I didnt read one word no expression

Ou Be Low hoo
Love does not waste time. Merely being is time enough. I was just declaring my ever-lasting love and affection for you...Oh well, missed that one!

Morning_Glory
puke

Ou Be Low hoo
Do you need milking or are you just love-sick?

TWelling4Ever
no ... didnt mean anything bad to Kool... blink

Tweling is just a little high today blink

yes very high lol

Morning_Glory
i really hate their new song... Lyla.. it really sucks! but the rest of the album sounds pretty decent ... eat

jaden101
i didnt like the new album...average at best...they need to face facts that they'll never have another "live forever"...

Morning_Glory
live forever isnt an album

koolruningz
I think he meant Live Forever was the best song they have done.
My top 5 Oasis songs (havent heard the new album):

1. Cast no shadow (Whats the story)
2. Columbia (Definitely Maybe)
3. Dont look back in anger (Whats the story)
4. Live forever (Definitely Maybe)
5. Some might say (Whats the story) & Slide away (Definitely Maybe)

Sorry couldnt stick to 5.
It seems their best days are behind them but they still make pretty good music. The hype that always surrounds their album releases doesnt help because the labels always promote the album as the saving grace of rock music.

Morning_Glory
I love Slide Away ...one of my favorites

Morning_Glory
nsdfklndslkflsd
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/BlueApple26/oasis1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/BlueApple26/liam2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/BlueApple26/liam.jpg

Morning_Glory
eat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.