Early 90's Cartoons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VicmCruz3663
Does...or did anyone turn on USA channel like around 8:00 to watch some cartoons and aswome shows...I remember watching Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat..and then they had this show like Power Rangers but sooo much better it looked more real......*sigh* good times..

King Burger
Indeed.

The early 90's were the like a bridge between the super 80's,
and the crappy later 90's-00's.

"Batman" and a bit later "X-Mem" as well as early "Dexter's
Laboratory", and a few others, were the best.

DeVi| D0do
X-Men was the best! big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by VicmCruz3663
and then they had this show like Power Rangers but sooo much better it looked more real......Superhuman Samurai?

VicmCruz3663
No I know thats not it cause there was more than 3 people it was almost like powerrangers but where they would transform was somewhere in the school...but SuperHuman Samurai was an aswome show..

VicmCruz3663
Sorry for double postin and all but does anyone remember WildC.A.T.S...oh good times good times I would watch it after Street FIghter and before Mortal Kombat...and then I would change to some other channel and watch Sonic and then Megaman

BOPRecruit 16
my all time favorite cartoon from the 90's is "batman the animated series". that show is so well done! well and better made than most cartoons that came before and after that.

Swanky-Tuna
I remember Wildcats. One Christmas I got Spartan, Grifter, Grifter's bike, Maul, and... the guy... with the fire head. He came with a dealie that was supposed to make it look like he was holding fire but it always shot out of his hand.

VicmCruz3663
Hahaha nice....oh man good times...I can remember watching some pretty aswome movies too...oh yeah very good times..

Jackie Malfoy
Wow that stuff is still on?Cool!I love those shows and I miss them?jm sad

VicmCruz3663
NO they aren't on...we are just remembering the good old times..

VicmCruz3663
OH Big Bad Beetle Borgs, VR Troppers, and what else..oh I remember shows but not titles

ShadowSorciere
I miss the early 90s cartoons. I can watch them nowadays and still be glued to the TV yes I've already bought the Superman Animated series on DVD, and tomorrow I plan to buy the Batman Animated series. I just wish they'd put the old X-Men Animated series on DVD, it's not enough to just put it back on TV :sad:

I remember VR Troopers, I still have some of those old sandwich baggies with their pictures.....my mom overstockes when she buys groceries...

And was Big Bad Beetle Borgs the one with the alien who came down to earth and was living with some family who was helping him keep his idenity secret? Because I've been trying to find out the title of that show for the longest time. I remember his outfit sorta made him look like a beetle, thus me asking.

Anyone remember that one show with the haunted house and three kids? They didn't live there, just were friends with the monsters. There was Dracula, Frankenstein, and a ghost... I can't remember the title and it's driving me crazy

VicmCruz3663
1.) Ur right

2.)lol

3.)I remember that show he was like some sorda bug and he had like all these types of armor right? For some reason I keep thinking that it was some kind of dream...or was that the one where he was a alien living in a human body and he was in middle school..cause the one Iam talking about I think he was high school..or he graduated...didn't they make a movie about him begin a figheter..I think it was called Eye of the Tiger....

4.)..yeah...that was Big Bad Beetle Borgs...yeah

DarthLazious
I do.

leftyard
i still got tons of old stuff like the turtle van and action figures the ghostbusters car house and action figures and that ghost cather thing but i have one toy but i dont remember what the show was the toy is a dragon thing with a guy that flies off of it i really don't remember anything from the show please what show this was

KillerLady
Darkwing Duck--- but it was on Nickolodean or however you spell that.

Acherontia
Teenage Mutan Nija Turtules Watch Simultaniously With, on A Different Channel (Duh) GhostBusters

BENITO
Originally posted by VicmCruz3663
Does...or did anyone turn on USA channel like around 8:00 to watch some cartoons and aswome shows...I remember watching Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat..and then they had this show like Power Rangers but sooo much better it looked more real......*sigh* good times.. Whoa I wish we had that in the Uk

VenomVA
Man the 90's was the BEST when it came to cartoons!!!
Spidey TAS
Batman TAS
X-MEN TAS
Cow and Chicken (lol)
Ironman (Season 2 only)
Men In Black
Superman TAS
Ghostbusters
The Tick
I can go on and on!!!
Fox had a killer Saturday morning lineup!! Now they just SUCK!
ShadowSorciere> I have all 5 seasons of X-Men TAS on DVD big grin

Pezmerga
Anyone remember the Power Rangers, Vr Troopers Type Show whrere they went in computers and fought Viruses?? lol

Also Mr. Bogus, Mighty Max, Reboot, Um didnt they even have a Creepy Crawlers Show? remember the boys version of Easybake oven lol.
oh and when they redid He-Man...ugh...Original He-man for me please...even if its not 90's.

Also...EEk the CAT!!! ..and THE TICK!

The True Fear
Originally posted by King Burger
Indeed.

The early 90's were the like a bridge between the super 80's,
and the crappy later 90's-00's.

"Batman" and a bit later "X-Mem" as well as early "Dexter's
Laboratory", and a few others, were the best.
the batman cartoon was my childhood

zoomonkey
EXO-SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had such a big man crush on that show it was unreal!

and how bout 2 stupid dogs? That was hilarious!

Darth Macabre
Does anyone remember the cartoon show that was about Cowboys. But this catch is the cowboys were actually Cows....er Bulls rather? Wildwest Cowboys of Moo Mesa? I loved that show!

cheers!

resle
ah, u guys are making me sad. a)because now i miss them and b)because it makes me realize how sucky shows are today

did anybody watch beastwars? that was my religion! my dad loved the tick and recorded all the episodes so i can watch it when ever i want. how about biker mice from mars? i dont remember it but i used to watch it

Silverstein
-Power rangers the best
-Beetle Borgs
-Pizza Cats
-ALF
-OOOH Super Human Samurai!!

tigertaz02
Anyone remember Street Sharks? *Jawsome* Lol...cant believe i remember that!

steverules
I would watch x-men and spider-man. The good old days are gone now though, alas they had to.

Tekno Boy
Tom and Jerry
Tom and Jerry
Tom and Jerry
ACE

fini
hey, I saw Tiny toons the other day on Toon network and i could have flipped out. I missed that show sooooooooo much.

Heck my brother was coming into the yard at that time and I had on the TV real loud and he ran inside to see if it really was tiny toons ( we would recognize that opening tune anywhere)

Saikin
The Super Human show was fully titled Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad. And if I'm correct, Matthew Lawrence was one of the stars of it. I used to watch it all the time. As well as Super Mario Bros. Super Show, MegaMan, and Earthworm Jim. I would get up at 6 to watch my cartoons before going to school.
VR Troopers, Power Rangers, Big Bad Beetle Borgs. Biker Mice From Mars, Garfield, Transformers. All those excellent cartoons. Nowadays, Fox doesn't have as good a Saturday lineup, nor do they have afternoon cartoons. Which must suck for most kids nowadays.
I may be 20, but cartoons should still take over television.

Altar[1stONE]
Originally posted by ShadowSorciere

And was Big Bad Beetle Borgs the one with the alien who came down to earth and was living with some family who was helping him keep his idenity secret? Because I've been trying to find out the title of that show for the longest time. I remember his outfit sorta made him look like a beetle, thus me asking.

You guys are close but not close enough. The show was called Masked Rider wink it had a good theme song and a was a good show all around. And for the record that one ghost from big bad beetle borgs looks like Jay Leno lol. Me and my cousin thought that for years.

Heres a few cartoons i remember that scream nastolgia

Stupid Invaders (same makers of eek the cat it was funny as ****)
Dragon Ball Z (They use to show it on kcal 9 early in the mornings , this is before anime was big)
Sonic the hedgehog
Freakazoid
animaniacs
Biker mice from marz was an awesome show
anyone remember errie indiana?
thunder lizards
goosebumps
teenage mutant ninja turtles
ren and stimpy
pretty much all the super heroe cartoons , batman most of all (it won a grammy for a reason)
Anyone remember that video game cartoon. Where metroid, link and zelda were in it . They fought mother brain and road around on a game boy? lol i cant believe i remember that.

serena64
does anybody remember a tv show called zed zeulander and the z bots it was an 80's or an early 90's cartoon does anybody remember this show reply back if you do

Checklist418
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was by far the best.

ytbotsM
Originally posted by serena64
does anybody remember a tv show called zed zeulander and the z bots it was an 80's or an early 90's cartoon does anybody remember this show reply back if you do
I love Bots Master It was my number one cartoon show!
I was so sad it was gone WAAAA I sill miss it but now I can see it on youtube.

Evil Dead
Captain N: The Game Master

as a child of the 80s......I couldn't believe some of these shows were still on in the '90s. Ghostbusters came on right after the movie in like '86 and the TMNT came on in '87. I just grew up and stopped watching so I had no idea how long they were on. TMNT ran for NINE years. Jesus Christ that's a long time for a cartoon. I just looked it up and saw that it ran all the way up to '96 in some form or another.

if you liked the '90s cartoons.......check out some from the 80s..

- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
- Transformers
- M.A.S.K.
- Silver Hawks
- Thundercats
- C.O.P.S.
- Voltron

if you're a fan of old school cartoons and know a good place to D/L some.......do it.

ragesRemorse
EXOSQUAD

and MARS

jaden101
Ren and Stimpy...it's all you need

Raoul
Originally posted by Evil Dead

as a child of the 80s......I couldn't believe some of these shows were still on in the '90s. Ghostbusters came on right after the movie in like '86 and the TMNT came on in '87. I just grew up and stopped watching so I had no idea how long they were on. TMNT ran for NINE years. Jesus Christ that's a long time for a cartoon. I just looked it up and saw that it ran all the way up to '96 in some form or another.

- Transformers
- M.A.S.K.
- Silver Hawks
- Thundercats
- C.O.P.S.
- Voltron

if you're a fan of old school cartoons and know a good place to D/L some.......do it.

omg, i remember all of those... laughing out loud

Darth Vicious

- Transformers
- M.A.S.K.
- Silver Hawks
- Thundercats
- C.O.P.S.
- Voltron

I hated C.O.P.S with a passion. I could never get into that cartoon.

Raoul
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I hated C.O.P.S with a passion. I could never get into that cartoon.

rly? i loved it. bulletproof, longarm, badasses imo...

Radical
If anyone has a problem with thread necromancy, I'm sorry, but:

I remember this show, as well as Video Power. I'm actually glad they don't make video game cartoons like these anymore. It's not the "badness" of the show that's the problem, so much as...well, can you imagine them trying to make Captain N versions of today's T-to-M-rated games?! eek!

Kazenji
Lots of talk of samurai shows but no Samurai Pizza Cats.

Radical
Yeah, I know; that show was funny. big grin

PolkaTolk
I was looking on google for episodes and i stumbled across this and couldn't help but make an account cuz you guys r dredging up my childhood. all those animated series were awesoem and i was frickin obsessed with beast wars and wildc.a.t.s. I still see super hero movies just cuz of how much i loved the old animated series, at any rate thought id chime in. Awesome discussion btw.

movetronics
well no one put up like the best show of all time Captain Planet
watch?v=vpXM9bj-WPU

or maybe Hurricanes
watch?v=_Ls630feXPk

Johnny Quest N.E one
watch?v=0_uYJySWlco

Mummies Alive! love this one
watch?v=D3vhpk7DhZM

Skeleton Warriors o yeh
watch?v=qXl2W4mtRiQ

and for all you fanz try this for size
watch?v=jZPmzSCRhxA
and
watch?v=y_EKN7iK0Qw

check out this guyz page he got it in part up to 23 i think from 80z to 90 and so on
and can i have a hoot hoot 4 my hard work lol.

((go to you tube home page then paste the codes at the end lol))

BUTTFREAK
GET SPAM PROTECTION TODAY!

BUTTFREAK
POOT

BUTTFREAK
I LIKED DUCK TALES
AND CHIP N DALE
AND I POOTED

Darth Raizen
Rugrats, Catdog, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. I loved the old Nickelodeon.

ragesRemorse
Ahhhh real monsters lol

maroneyRB
i remember there was this one cartoon, it was part of a show, it was about a barnyard full of animals but they were like halloween creatures, the rooster was dracula, the horse was a dragon, that's all i remember about it, the main show took place in a basement, also there was another show, i think it was like Retarded Super Babies, i cant remember but there were like 3-4 babies, cartoon, and they looked weird and they had super powers and they were very unhygienic, i miss it, i think it used to come on like cartoon network or some music video channel, it was a long time ago, like i said, and my memory is poor anyway, if anyone knows the shows names, PLZ TELL ME!!I"M DYING TO KNOW!

mindgames
Does Anyone remember a cartoon that had like a tomato with sun glasses on, it was also like a video game type of cartoon?????? and BONKERS was KING

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by mindgames
Does Anyone remember a cartoon that had like a tomato with sun glasses on, it was also like a video game type of cartoon?????? and BONKERS was KING

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?

mindgames
na wasn that the tomato was a good guy cant remember much of it but it was like captain n

mindgames
sorry my mistake it was the power team

Sabu935
I remember I use to watch Spider-Man every Saturday.I use to even watch Power Rangers a lot to.

Stall_19
I use to watch Batman the Animated series as well as the X-men and Spider-man ones. I remember Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Garfield and the one with Donald Ducks kids living with their rich grumpy uncle (I can't recall the name).

nwl
does anyone remember that one show hard to explain but it was kind of like a power rangers or beatleborg type thing like they characters would have a power of a dragon or something and then all the sudden transform and b suited up in an armor suit

CrimsonEyes
Disney had an awesome lineup...Darkwing Duck,Duck TAles, Rescue Rangers, even the bear shows (the one with baloo and the one with the bouncing ones) were great...

Flyattractor
I almost wanna say Invader Zim,but I think that was the wrong decade.

And the SuperDave cartoon rocked too.

Kazenji
Originally posted by CrimsonEyes
Disney had an awesome lineup...Darkwing Duck,Duck TAles, Rescue Rangers, even the bear shows (the one with baloo and the one with the bouncing ones) were great...

And Gargoyles wink

now Disney has crap these days for cartoons.

~Bun Bun~
Rugrats happy

Scythe
I miss most of the cartoons already mentioned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.