Vaders Voice in OT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kegs202
I don't know if this has been brought up before but here goes. In ep4 Vaders voice sounds totally different from ep5&6. I don't think it's half as menacing and it seems a little fast. Personally I wish they could have sorted this when they done the dvd's. What do you all think.

tlbauerle
I think the DVDS are a hell of a lot better with Vader's voice in ANH than the original ... but they can only do so much with such old source material.

Isn't there an OT section on this board?

nazgūl-lord
i think his voice sounds different to in a new hope but it didn't bother me really

and like tlbauerle said this should be in twhe ot section

Ogami Itto
I know what you mean! He has more of an Angry, Irate tone in the first movie compared to the other two where he sounds calm and calculated!

mossman
I could have swore I was in the Episode III forum...

Try here: Episodes IV-VI

Echuu
You must remember that 20 years passes between ep3 and the OT so i would make sense for him to sound different.

OB1-adobe
Well thats movie making for you.

They could easily do a Boba fett, but personally I would rather not risk it.

Ogami Itto
I know how he sounds pissed in ANH! he's Tarkins *****!!!! After the DS explodes he gets to be in charge of the navy!!so he chills out a bit by esb and rotj
smart

Darth Subjekt
no i think its just because of recording equipment. Cause in ANH it sounds like its higher pitched and like he's yelling. ESB he was lower, louder and carried out his vowels more "wookieeee to my ship." and then finally ROTJ which was the best voice and suit, it was just loud clear, deep, and menacing.maybe he was just experimenting with his voice or maybe it was due in part to upgraded sound equipment, but either way ep6 was the best and i hope he does it in ROTS.

theflyxx
Yeah, in addition to his appearance, I noticed that Vader's voice differed in EACH of the movies.

In Ep. IV, Vader's voice wasn't as refined or regal sounding as it was in V and VI. Vader's voice showed much more emotion and anger ("Tear this ship apart!"wink than in the following episodes.

In Ep. V, Vader's voice was the best IMO. I noticed that his voice wavered alot (ex. "Well, Calrissiaaaan, did he survive?" and "Take the Princess and the wookieee to my ship" as stated above), but was also quiet and succinct yet powerful at the same time: "Don't fail me again.", "Apology accepted, Captain Needa." Vader's voice was much more cold, calm and collected than in Ep. IV and didn't show as much emotion.

In Ep. VI, Vader's voice was much deeper than the previous 2 episodes and didn't have the waver in his voice like in Ep. V.

Darth Subjekt
thats what i just said....but thanks for reiterating it for me.

theflyxx
All I restated was your point about how he said "wookieeee", but you're welcome anyway.

Darth Subjekt
yea i know, i was half way joking, even though we were saying the basic same thing. stick out tongue big grin stick out tongue

Darth Panzerus
Perhaps he was *Just* a villain in Episode IV and GL wanted to make him as threatening and as vile as possible.

But when it was successful enough to allow him to create sequels he decided to make him more than *just* a bad guy. He needed character. The audience needed to know he was the bad guy but not to hate him. He was toned down a little to lessen the shock when you find out that he's Luke's Dad.

He's no cuddly teddy bear but is a little less threatening then the epIV version by epVI.

Darth Travizzle
I don't care, James Earl Jones is still awesome!

Darth Panzerus
James Earl Jones IS awesome, and the whole Vada experience would just feel...wrong... without his voice.

I wish he'd do my answering machines smile

Darth Travizzle
"I wish he'd do my answering machines"

LOL!

General Bondius

Darth Panzerus
Damn right!
Have you seen the behind the scenes footage on the DVD showing the unedited scenes with the actual voice behind the mask(David Prowse)?

Vader would not be remembered and cherished as he is today if they had used THAT voice.

Ogami Itto
he could have had a different voicebox in ANH

smartass

dflood
his voice was gay in anh

ZoSo
Originally posted by dflood
his voice was gay in anh

Post something with more meaning than that crap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.