Disney Quiz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hrh_jennifer
I'm doing a research project on Disney (past, present and future)and I could really do with your help, I need to ask as many people as I can about their opinions on Disney's animated feature films, I thought I'd put it in this section 'cos it's not getting that many replies in the discussion section so here goes:
1) favourite disney film (animated) and why
2) worst disney animated film and why
3) best bits and worst bits i.e. any quotes or scenes you especially rememebr liking/disliking, and why
4) best song and worst song and why
5) what you think about Disney's collaborations with Pixar and why
6) what you think about Disney's competition (Dreamworks etc.) and why
7) do you think Disney is going downhill and why?
8) best and worst soundtrack and why
9) best hero/heroine and why
10)best villain and why
11)best sidekick and why
12) any other Disney characters you liked and why
13) any other general thoughts/opinions

That should be enough for now, a baker's dozen!
Only constructive comments please people, and if you don't want to answer the questions, any help will do, for those who do want to answer the questions, the "and why" parts are really important. But like I said, anything will be a help.
Jen
gathering

glenn
1) Beauty and the Beast because it made me cry near the end.
2) Bambi because i don't like it
3) Best bit in a disney film would be in toy story where buzz is strapped to the rocket because woody is just funny when he rescues him.
4) Beauty and the Beast because it like a love song and the worst would be cruella Devill
5) Pixar are good at computer graphics
6) Don't know?
7) Just a little because the movies are getting more terrible
8) Best soundtrack is aladdin and worst is 101 dalmations
9) Eric in a little mermaid because he saves arial
10) Ursella because she is evil
11) Buzz in toy story because they work as a team
12) Not really
13) No

Kaleanae
1)Toy Story, because is funny and has WOODY in it big grin
2) Lilo & Stitch
3) Best "To infinity and beyond" Buzz Lightyear
4) Woody's Roundup - Riders in the Sky, I just like the song stick out tongue
5) Is great, I like those animated films such as Bug's life and Finding Nemo
6) I like Dreamworks films as well, Shrek, Chicken Run, those are great. My favorite is Chicken Run yes
7) messed
8) Best - Lion King
9) Woody!!!
10) That kid in Toy Story 1, the want that wanted to burn poor Woody sad
11)
12) Slinky Dog
13) No

orlandoOYEA
1) Little Mermaid because i LOVE the songs.

2) Hafta agree on Lilo and Stitch, ick

3) I liked when in Lion King, Simba was blessed( or whatever). I didnt like in Little Mermaid how Her dad shriviled up, made me sad

4)Under the Sea is the best because its upbeat and lively. I also like Colors of the wind because its beautiful. You got a friend in me i dont like because its slow and yea.

Didnt have time to finish the res, sorry

hrh_jennifer
Thanx, keep those answers coming!

Lord Soth
1) Beauty and the Beast, b/c it was the first one I ever saw
2) Lilo and Stitch- terrible concept and content, bad execution
3) The attack on Jafar near the end of Aladdin
4) Best- Beauty and the Beast
Worst- Hawaiian Roller Coaster ride
5) Pixar brought Disney back to the top after a slump
6) Dreamworks has the technology to compete, but generally it doesn't have the heart
7) All of the animated movies have been getting worse and worse, while Pixar keeps spittin' out hit after hit
8) I dunno
9) Don't really have one
10) Hades: He was evil while still having comedic energy
11) Lumiere and Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast
12) The Sultan from Aladdin
13) Is going to Crash and Burn once Pixar leaves

KelleyMoscow
1. Fox and the Hound because The animals are really heart warming and cute and the whole film is about friendship and how far it will go in life
2. all of the newest sequels because they aren't the same voices and the material is horrible (cinderella 2, Mulan 2, Lion King 1&1/2)
3.Dori and Marlyn going through the Jelly Fish in finding nemo because its really entertaining. the quotes i remember is dori singing because her songs would always stick in my head because how annoying some are but still really funny
4. Best song part of your world in little mermaid because its harmonizing and beautiful the worst song it Hawaiian roller coaster ride because its not catchy and its really annoying after about 2 verses
5. i think their best films have been because of pixar and without pixar they would be going down the drain because their new movies without pixar are horrible and they are running out of ideas
6.I think its good because Dreamworks has been coming out with many good films and if they win then i will be happy either way but i agree that disney does have a bigger heart than dream works
7.Yes i do without pixar, because they are running out of ideas and will make a sequel to any disney movie whats next dumbo 2? ahh i shouldn't of said that i probably just gave them a good idea
8.Best soundtrack is lion king because the songs are fun and easy to dance to, and worst is pocohantas because i dont like many of the metaphors
9.- best hero is peter pan because he can fly and he will never grow up, but can still defeat all of the grown pirates, and its a guy in green tights i mean come on!
10.best villian is ursula because she is powerful and can pose as someone else and take a humans body, and is a octopus which is only coolest marine animal!
11. Mike and sully together because they make the movie so funny
12.peter pan, copper, tod because they were fun and they went through life enjoying it, and making interesting friends throughout it.
13.i thought overall these were very good questions and i enjoyed doing it embarrasment

roundisfunny
I thought this thread looked familiar....

sarita_dutta
1) Best Film :Beauty and the Beast- because well, its just so enchantingly beautiful and its soul searching depth and charm is eternal.

2) Worst film : All the latest ones, including Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, I don't even much like Finding Nemo. I think that everlasting charm is no longer there. And I hate ALL THE SEQUELS.

3) Best Scene - "farewell" from Pocahontas- its so very sensitive and emotional
Worst scene- none that I remember.

4) Best Song - "Part of Your World" and "Colours of the Wind" - Both of them are very very close to my heart. The melody of "Part of Your World" and the lyrics of "Colours of the Wind" are extremely enamouring.

5) Comment on Disney-Pixar collaboration - I mean, I have never been a fan of CGI, but as long as people keep accepting them, why not?

6) Dreamworks and Disney: Well, Prince of Egypt was quite good and I found Fox's Anastasia extremely wonderful, but the rest are pretty mediocre.

7) Definitely, gone are the days of everlasting classics like Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Pocahontas. These days "they lack the heart". They have become way too commercial..

8) Best Soundtrack : Beauty and the Beast- the score just haunts me. Tracks like the "West Wing" and "Transformation" transport me into another realm of melody and tranquility.

Worst Soundtrack : None remarkable.

9) Best hero : ALADDIN. He is so devilishly handsome and sexy. Oh, his hair, his eyes, his lips! I wish he would take me in his arms and............ ahem, excuse me, I need a shower.

10) Best villain : Frollo, from "Hunchback of Notre Dame"- unlike all other villains, he is bad to the last bone, without a drop of humour or mercy in his character.

11) Best sidekick: Genie from Aladdin. It does not need a special reason.

12) Sebastian, if anyone can near the captivating aura of the Genie, this crab sure can.

13) Disney, PLEASE STOP YOUR SEQUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie Malfoy
Ok here are my answears!

1) Best Film Aladin

2) Worst film : ALL THE SEQUELS.and "Tresure Planet"

3) Best Scene The one in Aladin on the magic carpat ride!
Worst scene- The scenes from Tresure planet"

4) Best Song - "Part of your world" "A Whole new World"
5) Comment on Disney-Pixar collaboration - I never listen to them!

6) Dreamworks and Disney: Well, Prince of Egypt was quite good and I found Fox's Anastasia extremely wonderful, and "Monster Inc" was good too I think!

7) Definitely, gone are the days of everlasting classics like Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin!

8) Best Soundtrack : Beauty and the Beast- and "Aladin"

Worst Soundtrack : "Mary Popkins"

9) Best hero : ALADDIN!

10) Best villain : Frollo, and Jafar!
11) Best sidekick: Genie from Aladdin.

12) ?

13) Disney, PLEASE STOP YOUR SEQUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that is it see you around!jm

mmmmoley
1) LILO + STITCH!!! Emporer's New Grove and Finding Nemo are also my faves! Loved Robin Hood growing up!

2) Silly sequels like Peter Pan 2 + Jungle Book 2! They should just leave em alone! That's all they seem to be bringing out at the mo, is sequels!

3) There were a few bits from Tarzan that made me laugh alot - Specially when Tarazan and Jane first started talking to each other!

4) Hakuna Matata is one of my faves coz its such a classic and always cheers every1 @ work up when I play it in the kitchen! Dunno about a worst!

5) I love all Disney/Pixar films released so far, with the exception of The Incredibles as I haven't seen it yet!

6) I've only seen a few Dreamworks animated films that I'm aware of... Shrek 1+2 and The Road 2 Eldorado - They were pretty good! Not as classic as Disney films though!

7) I think Disney could go down hill. They need to think more carefully about what they are making the films about! They only used to released one film every 2 or 3 years, now there is atleast 2 or 3 every 6 months! They need to put some space between the release to build up excitement!

8) Lion king is fave - don't know about worst coz I don't buy them!!!

9) Mike + Sully from Monsters Inc... Look how cute Mike looks!!! And Sully!

10) Emporer Kuzco from Emporer's New Grove - He was funny! Sid from Toy Story - He's quite a scary character for a kids film!

11) Timon + Pumba... Funny couple!

12) Jiminy Crickett - Just the stuff he says! Timothy Mouse - Bless him! Jim from Treasure Planet - He's quite hot! Toy Story 1+2 Characters: Slinky, Rex, Ham, Mr Potato Head, The Aliens + Squeezy!

13) These little servey things are pretty cool - This one had to make me think quite alot, which I'm not all that good at - But was fun!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Mane
1) Toy Story because it is one of the most genious films of our modern era.
2) Alice in Wonderland because it was horribly incoherent.
3) "An Extremely Goofy Movie"
4) Best: Cruella Deville. Worst: A Whole New World.
5) I think they're genious because everything that has ever come out of it has been pure gold.
6) Not as good; not as original.
7) I think in some aspect they have, but they always pull something to redeem them like "The Incredibles."
8) Best: Jungle Book. Worst: Anything Mickey Mouse.
9) Baloo because he represents all that is good.
10) Scar because he is the perfect example of a sadistic psycho; willing to kill his own brother.
11) Timon & Pumba is the comedic duo in the likes of Abbot & Costello.
12) All of them are nothing short of amazing.

hrh_jennifer
excellent responses, keep 'em coming! A few more questions: what do you think of Disney's decision to do no more traditionally animated films (Home on the Range/Ranch-can't remember which) being the last of them? Are there any stories/folk/tales etc. etc. that you would have liked to be a traditional Disney film? Are there any Disney films that you wish would be remade/improved and if so how?
Thank you! jen

sarita_dutta
It really hurts to hear of Disney's decision not to make any more traditional animated movies. Its tragic, for there was a time when traditional animated movies were classics. We can never forget the Old Golden Era of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty or The Modern Golden Age of Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Pocahontas.

These movies have and will live on for ages, thrill countless generations and shall remain true classics for years to come.

hrh_jennifer
Hear hear!

Joscail
1) The Lion King & Fantasia 'cause LK was my favourite movie as a child & Fantasia is the first movie I ever remeber watching...
2) I don't know.
3) The Lion King (I could quote it all when I was little)
4) best song: Can't wait to be King (Lion King), 'cause I loved the feel to it. worst song: don't have one
5) Really cool, I love those movies, they're fascinating.
6) I always liked Disney better because they were the ones who made my fave movie when i was little, but Dreamworks have always made really impressive movies, so now they tie in together, since I still love all the Disney classics, yet Dreamworks are still releasing great movies, & animations like Spirit.
7) Yea, cause they are not making anymore traditional animation movies.
8) best: Fantasia & Lion King. worst: dunno
9) MIKEY MOUSE...cause he's the original thing
10) Scar...cause he was cool
11) Nala, 'cause she use to be my fave character
12) lots of em
13) Most of my opinions & thoughts stem from when I was a child. I can't really say why I like certain movies or characters, because when i was little, I just did like them.

EXTRA QUESTIONS

14)
15) nope
16) nope

*Danii*
1) Peter Pan or the Lion King, just cos they were better stories.

2) The Three Musketeers, or anything with Mickey Mouse, cos I don't like the animation.

3) Any Lion King/Hercules quotes were good. Timone and Pumba had some good lines.

4)
a. Best Song- I Just Can't Wait to be King, cos its funny.
b. Worst Song- Anything from the sequels was really second rate.

5) I like some of Disney's collaborations with Pixar, but its a mistake not to do any more traditionally animated films.

6) Dreamworks is much better than Disney because their films appeal to a wider age range.

7) Disney is going downhill, I mean, look at Home on the Range, considering that was their last traditionally animated film, it was pretty rubbish. However, their live action films are getting better and better, just look at Holes and Pirates of the Caribbean.

8)
a. Best Soundtrack- Holes, but for an animated film, The Lion King or Aladdin.
b. Worst Soundtrack- Peter Pan was kinda rubbish, except for the main theme.

9) Peter Pan had a lot of character.

10) Captain Hook was a great villain, so was Scar.

11) Tinkerbell, she was a typical jealous girl.

12) I liked Timone and Pumba and the Genie from Aladdin.

13) I like Disneyland, that place is cool! And Disneys kind of becoming the new pop culture thing, so its cool to like all the old movies, but a lot of their new stuff really seems like they're trying too hard.

pdavis82
3) best bits and worst bits i.e. any quotes or scenes you especially rememebr liking/disliking, and why
10)best villain and why
11)best sidekick and why

1-Beauty and the beast
2-I thought Lilo and Stitch was going to be a lot better. I thought it actually kind of sucked.
3-Best bit- When Aladdin first let's the genie out of the bottle, or when he sets him free.
Worst-In the Lion King, when the hyenas are marching through the cave
4-Circle of Life-best
You've got a friend in me (not a bad song, just not fitting for a disney movie)
5-I like it. Disney's creativity and Pixar's computer graphics-good combo
6-I like dreamworks, if for nothing else, it gives Disney competition. Those without competition get complacent- Plus the movies are good, aimed at a more general audience
7-I don't think they are going downhill, I think they are just going in a different direction, but not necessarily a good one. It just seems like the older movies were either of epic proportion (Beauty and the Beast, Lion King), or had a moral like the older ones. Most were based on stories (Peter Pan, Robin Hood) and now we have things like Treasure Planet and Lilo and Stitch. I think we should get back to what worked.
8-Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid -all great
No bad soundtracks come to mind
9-Best Hero- Robin Hood-great story, and he was just really cool. Especially when he dressed like a stork for the archery contest.
10-Jafar, because you had to hate him, and cheered out loud when Aladdin tricked him.
11-The Genie, because some things just don't need to be explained.
12- The ones I didn't like would be a considerable amount shorter.
13- Good surver, hope this helps.

Silver Stardust

Beauty and the Beast, I was about 7 years old when it came out and I loved it immediatly.

Umm...that sequel to Little Mermaid, I guess...

My favorite scene is from the end of Beauty and the Beast, where the last petal falls off the rose...OMG I cry everytime I watch it. Don't know about worst.

Best -- Beauty and the Best. I love it. I always walk around my house singing it. I also really like "Hakuna Matata" and "A Whole New World". Hell, I love all Disney songs yes

Love it.

Once again, love it.

Only in producing sequel after sequel...

Best -- Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King. Don't have a worst.

Probably Belle or Ariel.

10)best villain and why

Gaston - he was such a pompous ass. Scar was also a damn good villian.

11)best sidekick and why

Sebastian from Little Mermaid. He was so funny! I also liked Zazu.

I liked Chip from Beauty and the Beast...laughing out loud

Disney = awesome thumb up

Syren
1) favourite disney film (animated) and why The Lion King ~ I love the characters and the soundtrack, I thought it was fabulously different to the others and Timon & Pumbaa were simply fantastic. Also The Little Mermaid, Robin Hood and Peter Pan are among my faves.

2) worst disney animated film and why I'd probably say Brother Bear, no substantiality and compared to some of the classics, pretty lame.

Zazu: Checking in with the morning report.
Mufasa: Fire away.
Zazu: Well the buzz from the bees is that the leopards are in a bit of a spot. And the baboons are going ape over this. Of course, the giraffes are acting like they're above it all... The tick birds are pecking on the elephants. I told the elephants to forget it, but they can't. The cheetahs are hard up, but I always say, cheetahs never prosper...Hahahaha!!! Just excellent

4) best song and worst song and why OMG... Circle of Life. It's moving and a really beautiful song. Love it.

5) what you think about Disney's collaborations with Pixar and why You mean those films like Ice Age and Monsters Inc?? I think they're fab, I love the animation and, again, the characters

6) what you think about Disney's competition (Dreamworks etc.) and why Um... I don't know embarrasment bag

7) do you think Disney is going downhill and why? Never! Ok, well, maybe a little. But they've been around like, forever!

8) best and worst soundtrack and why The Lion King ~ Elton John. I love the songs, again they're really moving and suit the film perfectly.

9) best hero/heroine and why Um... Hercules from Hercules. He's so damn funny...

10)best villain and why Hades. HAHAHAHAAA!!!

11)best sidekick and why Apu from Aladdin. He's sooo cute! And cheeky.

12) any other Disney characters you liked and why OMG... Thumper from Bambi, Gus the mouse from Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Merlin from The Sword in the Stone, the nanny from Robin hood, I think she was called Lady Cluck... and loads more. The characters are the best part!

Disney are legendary rock

RavenNightstar
1) Alice in Wonderland ~ Because I love the story, and love the characters. The music is spellbinding & eerily beautiful, too.

2) The Aristocats ~ I don't like the kind of animations they used! It bugs me. It's too dark, and too sharp. They didn't really finish it! Plus, I really don't like the story too much either!

3) Best Bit - In the Little Mermaid, the whole scene of "Les Poissons" with the cook. I laughed so much, it was great! Sebastien is one of the greatest french characters ever created!
Worst Bit - When Gaston goes after the Beast! I hate that man. I know most are saying that's the mood he's supposed to give off, but I don't like how they did it!

4) Best Song - "Part of that World" from the Little Mermaid, because it just plainly rules.
Worst Song - "The Three Caballeros Song", cause it's really annoying. It plays so often in the movie, and I already didn't like it from the beginning.

5) I think the collaboration with Pixar was a nice move, since they compliment each other perfectly, story with graphics.

6) Alot of the movies the competition make are really good, but Disney is the best!

7) Um, tough question. No, it's not really going downhill, however I think they are just making movies out of anything nowadays, and some of them aren't the best...

8) Best Soundtrack - Toss-up between "The Little Mermaid" & "The Lion King". Both of them have amazing songs, with great lyrics!
Worst Soundtrack - Although I don't mind the movie, I don't really like the music from the "Jungle Book", probably because it's Jungle stuff, and I don't like Jungle music. But, the "Bear Necessities" song is pretty cool.

9) Ok, now if you mean "Main-Character-Heroine", then I'd say Alice, since she goes through so much cool stuff. For a girl that age to go through all of that, and still have the guts to stand up for herself, hey, go girl! But, if you mean "Save-the-day" kind, then it would have to be Prince Phillipe from "Sleeping Beauty" because he kicks that Dragon's butt at the end.

10) Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty" is one wicked villain. She's so cool, and suave, and so very dangerous! I love her voice, and her powers are amazing.

11) Well, that's an easy one! The best sidekick has to be Tinkerbell! Come on, she can make you fly!

12) I really liked the Genie in "Aladdin". He is great fun, and very magical. Plus, he always breaks out into great songs!

13) I grew up with Disney, and would never give up any of my movies for the world! Mr. Walt Disney was an amazing man!

eternalsunshine
1) Beauty and the Beast because it was just a wonderful story.
2) Hercules because the music the characters, everything was just so annoying.
3) On Mulan when the "I'll make a man out of you" song is playing and Mulan is the first one to climb up that pole, that part is awesome.
4) You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan was the best; We can Fly from Peter Pan
5) I think Disney and Pixar are a good match because they are making some really good films together.
6) I don't really know.
7) Yes I do think Disney is going downhill because they keep making sequals because they can't come up with their own ideas so they need to get Pixar to actually get some good ideas. However, I don't think that the Disney industry will ever really fall because kids nowadays don't watch the greatest cartoons so they don't really care what they're watching.
8) Best soundtrack was Aladdin and the worst soundtrack was Peter Pan
9) Best hero is Buz and Woody, the best hereoin was Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
10) the best villain was both the chick from The Emperors New Groove who kept trying to take over cause she was disgusting and so hilarious. And Gaston from Beauty and the Beast because he is so arrogant and funny and remindes me so much of Bruce Campbell (I don't mean that as Bruce is arrogant)
11) Slinky from Toy Story because he was was cute
12) I loved Tod and Copper from The Fox and the Hound, they were so adorable.
13) Nothin

zmckee
1. My favorite disney movie is Hercules. I think it is just plain fun and I like mythology and stuff like that.

2. The worst film is definetly Oliver and Company. I don't know why I just hate it.

3. My favortie scene is from the Fox and the Hound when Copper finds Todd and he goes aroorooroo and then they play hide and seek and the best of friends song comes on.

4. The best song is zero to hero it is just fun and shows his rise to the top. There is no bad disney song.

5. I don't really like Pixar. Don't get me wrong I like the movies, but the classic disney animated movies are so much better.

6. Dreamworks can't compete with disney, no way.

7. Maybe a little. The golden era of disney movies is gone, but everybody still lives it.

8. The best is Aladdin and the worst is Peter Pan. All of Aladdin songs are great and Peter Pan's suck.

9. The best hero is Hercules because he almost dies for Meg.

10. The best villian is Malefiecint from sleeping beauty. She is just evil in every way.

11. The best sidekick is Iago because he is sort of his own person and his master doesn't control him. He has an awesome voice.

12. I always like Copper and Todd adn Pain and Panic. No reason.

13. Disney is the best. It will never get old.

qwertyuiop123
Has anyone watched the My Favorite Martian movie (1999 Disney)?

If so, I need help on a question.

You know the gum that the Martian chews? It turns him into a human. What I need to know is the opposite. What happens in the dressing room scene when Tim O'Hara (the human, not alien) chews the Martian gum? Does he change shape? Does he change color? What does it do to him? Please be as specific as possible.

I would appreciate help on this question very much, so please reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.