2 pit bulls rescue Nebraska woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog

DarkCrawler
Yeah.
This: (God they are cute)

http://expocanine.free.fr/photos/moyen/images/chow-2_jpg.jpg

Versus two of these:

http://www.timjessell.com/pitbull.jpg

It must have been the Superchow!

PVS
i hate those goddamn chow dogs.

i know there are some nasty pit bulls, but they are mostly trained to be nasty.
chows seem to be inherantly nasty, from what i have seen.

and that pic of a chow is just a puppy. they get frikin huge
not to mention that illustration is a gross exageration of a pit bull.

Linkalicious
Chow's are pretty mean dogs by nature. I'm sure they could hold their own against one pitbull for a while before getting demolished.

2 of them should have made short work of the Chow.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by PVS
i hate those goddamn chow dogs.

chows seem to be inherantly nasty, from what i have seen.

big grin My friend has an chow and it is extremely adorable.

KharmaDog
I hate chows, vicious little bastards. But against two Pits? Yikes.

botankus
I was raised by a German Shephard.

No, really, when I was around 3 years old my parents had a German Shephard adult and he would protect me, so I'm told, up to the point of one time ripping off my 9-year old neighbor's tutu when he thought she was going to hurt me.

KharmaDog
I used to have an Irish wolfhound, once while I was out in the woods we ran into a blackbear. That dog didn't back down and inch and stayed between me and the bear till the bear backed away. I miss that dog very much sad

long pig
blah, i must rant now! people piss me off with pitbulls!!!

The thing about American Pit Bull Terriers is that they are almost always DOG aggresive, not to be confused with HUMAN aggresive.

APBT's or Pitbulls were made for the sole purpose of fighting other animals, weither it be bears, dogs or even lions, thats all they were for.

This does not translate into HUMAN aggresiveness, back when pitbulls were first being developed for fighting ANY dog that was considered HUMAN aggresive was immediatly killed, they couldnt have a dog biting the handler while breaking up the dog fight.

This trait has been passed down to the PURE breed APBT which are actually rare. Pure APBTs are hardly ever human aggresive because of this.

The "pittbulls" with the bad reputations are 99% of the time mixed breed APBTs, the news always call every mix breed pitt a APBT, even tho they obviously are not.

When you mix the power of a APBT with the human aggresion of...say a Rotty, you have a weapon on your hands.

Thugs and wannabe thugs have backyard puppymills where they sell these mixed animals, the trait most of these wannabe thugs like is aggresiveness, so thats what they make.

These ****ers are the sole reason the APBT has such a bad rap, 50 years ago, America loved APBT's, the dog from the little rascals was an APBT, the first non human american military award was a purple heart for a APBT who was shot while attacking a german soldier who was creeping into an American campsite in Germany.

Anyways, APBT are awesome dogs, but unless youre an awesome owner, dont bother getting one.

PS A APBT will kick any dogs ass, they used to fight bears for ****s sake.

Jackie Malfoy
That is pretty cool but yet very strange.JM

PVS
long pig, if it attacked a german soldier than that is aggression towards humans. i understand where you are going with your arguement, but you have to understand that even a pure bred pitbull can be trained to be vicious and attack humans, and even maul/kill them. and that is the way these thugs train their dogs. therefor in such a case of 'gangstas' raising them, i dont think it matters whether they are pure or mix breed.

IceWithin
Originally posted by KharmaDog

chows are the cutest dogs EVER!!

long pig
Originally posted by PVS
long pig, if it attacked a german soldier than that is aggression towards humans. i understand where you are going with your arguement, but you have to understand that even a pure bred pitbull can be trained to be vicious and attack humans, and even maul/kill them. and that is the way these thugs train their dogs. therefor in such a case of 'gangstas' raising them, i dont think it matters whether they are pure or mix breed.

Oh most definatly, a APBT can be trained to do anything.
And this particular APBT was trained as a watch dog.

The only breed to win ever single award at a dog show (running up stairs, jumping things, all that jazz) was a APBT.

But a purebreed is most definatly less likely going to be HUMAN aggressive, they arent made to be human aggresive.

But you can train a pit to do anything including mauling and killing.

What dog do you think bites the most people per year?

APBT arent even in the top 20.
The top 3 is Collies, Labs, Golden labs

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by KharmaDog

I used to have a chow, and he never acted up even once. You hardly ever heard him bark even. Plus he was a cutie who loved kids.

maya159
Pitbulls aren't bad only if they were trained to be.
People who train Pits to be bad make them get a bad name.

My granny has a black pit bull and he plays with my 4 year old cousin, he doesn't fight unless you fight with him. He does bark a lot when he sees people he doesn't know, but he listens when my granny or my Aunt or Uncle talks to him.
He mates with a Boer Bull and they have the cutest little puppy.

Anyways,
the reason they probably didn't ticket whoever owns the dogs because, the two pits weren't attacking the women, they helped her and maybe they didn't even belong to anyone or someone trained them to help someone else and let them out when they saw the women getting attacked....

sk8stuff09
cats r cooler

Bun Bun
I think its the way u train any dog. u can make it mean if u want or nice if u want. i have a collie and he is the sweetest dog ever. and i also know somewon who had a chow and its was really sweet.

tabby999
i want a pit bull, either a pit bull or a husky. i'd be stoaked with either. but i got a fat little jack russel for the time being

long pig
I raise them smile

They get a bad rap that isnt deserved.
theyre good inside dogs. they act like they are all little puppies.

Elenir
pitt bulls, like chows, WILL attack ANYTHING if bred badly, raised badly, etc etc. Both of these breeds have been so popular in the past as "guard" dogs, that indiscriminate breeding ruined both of these dogs reputations. However, you also have to take into account why and where these dogs were bred. Pitt Bulls were bred to fight other dogs, that was all. Chows were bred to hunt, track, guard, pull, etc. Chow chows are also more primitive than a pitt bull, they actually have more in common with bears genetically and physically than other dogs do, and like wolves, many of them had to take care of themselves. They were used as multipurpose animals in China, where they were also kept by emperors as dignified guardians. Pitt Bulls, at least the American kind, were bred to guard, dogfight, and sometimes perform agility. Pitt Bulls and Chows were bred to death in America on puppymills, so if you DO see a nasty individual of either breed, its probably due to its breeding or abuse by humans. Pitt Bulls were bred to be dog agressive, but like any bully breed, are DOMINANT dogs, which means they will definitely bite a human. Chow Chows are reserved and catlike, but arent actually dominant-type dogs, and are much easier to keep in the house than Pitt Bulls. Chows are brave, they have been bred to be, in the violent world of ancient China, but Pitt Bulls are much like labs when bred properly, although almost all Pitt Bulls are animal agressive. On the other hand, Chows are independent, extremely self-sufficient and intelligent, and because they had to hunt for their masters and themselves, they can also be animal agressive, but they normally know what to chase and what not to.
Pure bred dogs are more extreme in temperment than mixed breeds, and they are actually more liable to bite than a mixed breed, as well as more likely to get congenital diseases. However, mixed breeds are much more commonly abused and mishandled than purebreds, and more commonly born, so its no wonder that the statistics would put them as biters over purebreds. Although, in any case, a Jack-Russel bites more often than a Chow, Collie, Lab or Pitt Bull, but because toy and mini breeds are so small and, lets face it, pathetically bred to be weak, their bites dont do much damage, and no one reports it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.