The Amityville Horror (2005)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morning_Glory
saw this today... it was a LOAD of crap!

cant believe I wasnt money on it... I had heard it was going to be real real real real real scary!

it was CRAAAPPPP!!

(didnt see a thread for this already...i used the search button)

Loving_Daniel11
Dear, I think this should go in the movie reviews forum.

Miss_Faye
Really? Dammit, if it suxs then now I'm iffy to spend money on it....

Morning_Glory
sorry... i never know which thread these movie talk should go... ugh!

Myth
I'm being dragged to this by friends Saturday. :/

Morning_Glory
Im sorry cry it is very very very Craptastic eek! have fun!

gls
Originally posted by Loving_Daniel11
Dear, I think this should go in the movie reviews forum.

well this isn't much of a review..if its so bad then tell us why..don't jus make statements like "its crap"

btw this can always go under the forum of "horror movies" come on the title of the movie has horror in it.

Morning_Glory
like I said i dont know where to put these things...if mod wants to move it or delete than fine

and it was just that.. CRAP - dont need to say more... just pure and utter CRAP!!!!

that should say enough to know not to go see it

Myth
I don't like the idea of having so many subsections. For example: Yesterday (or 2 days ago) I posted about a Chinese movie that I think a lot of people would like even if they are not usually foreign film fans, but it got moved to Foreign films . Now nobody will find out about it unless they are already a foreign film fan.

Cinemaddiction
Moving to Horror forum.

Morning_Glory
i knew you would do something with this thread..sfdkjsf

master sifadius
I thought the movie was REALLY GOOD(scared the sh*t out of me)

Morning_Glory
what? confused

how could that movie scare anyone...

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
i knew you would do something with this thread..sfdkjsf

It's pretty ****ing obvious where it goes, with "Horror" in the title and all.

Anycrap, still going to see it tomorrow, not looking to be scared, only somewhat entertained. I don't expect anything from Hollywood horror anymore.

Morning_Glory
Cinemadiction you are so rude

gls
rude? well its a horror movie...it was posted in the wrong section. kinda jus plain ol knowledge where to post it.

Morning_Glory
yes rude!!!

slayer
Soz that u didn't like wha CA did MG.

Morning_Glory
meh! you dont know... slayer.. meh!

Morning_Glory
anyways.... back on topic.. so Cinemadiction doesnt have a fit!

Amityville Horror...

gls
this is a pointless thread ...anyone else agree?

n_ocent_amber
anyways....well i just came from it and i thought it was a great scary movie....it wasnt crap....im my opinion it was far from crap.....going up that is!! first time ive ever screamed in a movie theater!! it had alot of parts that made you jump...and they came out of nowhere! BUT which this isnt a bad but, but it didnt all follow with the older version!! i think it was well worth my money!! go see it everyone....i dont think you will be dissappointed!!

Morning_Glory
how is it pointless when it is about the movie that came out today -
"The Amityville Horror" movie...

n_ocent_amber
no pun intended morning glory!! just my opinion!!

gls
its pointless cause u have said nothing beyond "its crap"
not very helpful to those who are thinking of seeing it.

n_ocent_amber
well i think you guys that havent seen it should see it and we need some other people opinions on here as well!!

Morning_Glory
well , I was hoping that other ppl have seen it and by the time the weekend is over other ppl will have seen it !

dont come in here if you think it is pointless...meh!

n_ocent_amber
anyways.....back on the subject please.....morning glory....what didnt you like about the movie!!??

gls
mornin glory said and i quote "it was crap"

btw i will be watching this tomorrow and i'll post about it myself

Morning_Glory
the lead actor ... never seen him anything better -not that I recall...

pretty scenery...this isnt saying much for the movie...

just waiting to see what other people's thoughts are on the movie

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by n_ocent_amber
well i think you guys that havent seen it should see it and we need some other people opinions on here as well!!

exactly!

Wendigo
I dont know why they remade it in the first place confused

n_ocent_amber
well you cant base the entire movie on the actors past....i think he did a great job. and as far as scenery....??? im looking forward to others comments on this!!

n_ocent_amber
Originally posted by Wendigo
I dont know why they remade it in the first place confused

have you seen it yet wendigo??

Wendigo
What about the scary part's,how good were they?

gls
well you cant base the entire movie on the actors past....i think he did a great job. and as far as scenery....??? im looking forward to others comments on this!!

lol haha laughing
don't worry i'll post tomorrow on my thoughts of the film.

n_ocent_amber
they were great!! very very good!! would make you jump!! for sure!!

n_ocent_amber
wendigo if you havent seen it...then dont say you dont know why they made it....thats prejudgement and totally not fair!!

n_ocent_amber
Originally posted by gls
lol haha laughing
don't worry i'll post tomorrow on my thoughts of the film.

good im looking forward to it!!

Morning_Glory
I wasnt saying Im basing the movie on the actor's past... I was just commenting that i dont recall him in anything else that Ive seen

Wendigo
wendigo if you havent seen it...then dont say you dont know why they made it....thats prejudgement and totally not fair!!

That's my opinion alright, Assclown mad

gls
stay on topic.
don't start to quibble in the thread. use PM's if u must.
ugh newbies...lol j/k

n_ocent_amber
I wasnt saying Im basing the movie on the actor's past... I was just commenting that i dont recall him in anything else that Ive seen

thats true...he was in van wilder and blade 3 but he was horrible in those films.....its your opinon and that great but i think he did very well in that film....as did everyone else!! too many people think that if an actor has some bad spells that the movie will be bad when thats just not fair!

n_ocent_amber
That's my opinion alright, Assclown mad

well go see it and then give your opinion!!

and im not an assclown!!

Wendigo
well go see it and then give your opinion!!

and im not an assclown!!

mad Yes u are if u cant handle my opinion mad

n_ocent_amber
mad Yes u are if u cant handle my opinion mad

i never said i couldnt handle your opinion!! i was stating the facts....the fact being dont judge a movie if you havent seen it!!
NOW back to the subject!!

Morning_Glory
STOP ... stay on topic kids

n_ocent_amber
thats what im screaming!!

Wendigo
i never said i couldnt handle your opinion!! i was stating the facts....the fact being dont judge a movie if you havent seen it!!
NOW back to the subject!!

mad Maybe my ACTUAL opinion is I would NOT waste money to go and see a stupid remake of Amtyville horror mad And u need to watch some real horror movies then come to the forums ASSCLOWN laughing out loud

gls
times like this where i wish i was a mod....
anywho
was there sufficient gore in the movie n_ocent?

n_ocent_amber
ty very much but i have watched tons and tons of horror movies ty.....and try and come up with another word other than ass clown...lol

Smasandian
I probably wont see this movie.
Saw the original, which was alright. The book though, I felt was great.
Ryan Reynolds is a natural comedic person. Saw him on Conan one night, I busted a guyt.

n_ocent_amber
alittle gls but not much......it was more of a jumper!! and the jumper were really scary looking...its just so hard to explain the scariness!! did you like texas chainsaw massacre the remake?

n_ocent_amber
Originally posted by Smasandian
I probably wont see this movie.
Saw the original, which was alright. The book though, I felt was great.
Ryan Reynolds is a natural comedic person. Saw him on Conan one night, I busted a guyt.

well your missing a great movie....but hey im sure youll have to break down and watch it eventually right? tee hee!! yeah i dont paticualaly like ryan but i think he did great in this movie!!

gls
alittle gls but not much......it was more of a jumper!! and the jumper were really scary looking...its just so hard to explain the scariness!! did you like texas chainsaw massacre the remake?

i own the 2 disc special edition! big grin great movie.
but i dont get scared or jump during movies so...mostly its the story that gets me intersted in a moive...or jus gore lol like Dawn of the Dead.

n_ocent_amber
Originally posted by gls
i own the 2 disc special edition! big grin great movie.
but i dont get scared or jump during movies so...mostly its the story that gets me intersted in a moive...or jus gore lol like Dawn of the Dead.

well the guys that did the new dawn made thsi movie....its got some gore but not quite as much as dawn....but if you loved dawn then you have to love this one!!! they do really good remakes!! also...this one is a bit of a jumper so im not quite 1001% you will love it since your not one fo those !! lol

BackFire
this movie's trash, has like one cool scene in it. The only saving grace was Ryan Reynolds was surprisingly good as a psycho, and the ridiculously hot baby sitter chick, holy shit.

Just see the original, infinitely better.

Snipes
i saw this movie last night with a bunch of mates. all the girls i was with screamed almost the whole way through, except to of them.

and about 4 other girls i dont know walked out during the first five mins.

i didnt think the movie was extremley scary. It had creepy scenes, but no scenes that are crap-yo-self material.

all in all, it was an entertaining movie.

wuTa
i thought the movie was good but i never seen the original so maybe thats why, the movie scared the shit out of my freind...i thought he pissed hes pant like 4 times, the movie was more funny than scary to me..."is this punishment or torture?" "i thought it was called meatloaf"...and that babysitter was extremely hot, i was disappointed at the end though...ending sucked

Wendigo
Originally posted by BackFire
this movie's trash, has like one cool scene in it. The only saving grace was Ryan Reynolds was surprisingly good as a psycho, and the ridiculously hot baby sitter chick, holy shit.

Just see the original, infinitely better.

I agree with u Backfire

roll eyes (sarcastic)

n_ocent_amber
the old one wasnt that good...

Cinemaddiction
Firstly, I dislike the original immensley. I found it to be incredibly boring, and more funny than frightening. Opinion probably wouldn't change even if I saw it again.

That said, I saw the remake this afternoon, and throughly enjoyed it. To its credit, Ryan Reynolds was fantastic, and totally redeemed himself for the atrocity that is "Blade: Trinity". He pretty much set the mood for the whole movie. I could appreciate the old school, haunted house approach, and thought it was a faithful, solid re-telling.

On the downside, and it's really just typical nowadays, the stupid jump scares and crazy visuals, i.e arms reaching out of the ceiling, holding people, kids appearing then disappearing. However, I appreciated the visuals that accompanied the babysitters storytelling segment. "Bang! Bang! Bang!". The narrative opening, and her segment, were really well done.

It was a very basic movie and story, overall, and probably would have been even better without the jumpy scenes and score. Reynolds coulda carried the whole thing. The characters were really well developed, which is a rarity in Horror.

BackFire
I think Reynolds did carry the whole thing, everything else was either generic or stupid. I didn't like how they had one boss ghost ("ketchim", come on, that's just silly).

There was like one good scene in this movie that didn't involve Reynolds (the scene when the kid went to the bathroom in the middle of the night). And the babysitter part was neat, mostly because she was overly hot.

I couldn't disagree with you more about the characters being well developed, I thought they were hardly even one dimensional, they were walking stick figures made out of the cliche. I didn't care about any of them whatsoever, other then Reynolds character. We had the rebellious pre teen, the sweet, innocent and eerie little girl who can see ghosts, and the naive little boy who's just sorta there without any general purpose to the story. Then there's the typical wife being the voice of reason thing. none of the characters went past their basic cliche.

Also, the last scene in the movie is possibly the worst scene I've ever witnessed, it almost ruined the entire movie. It was like a prank someone pulled in the editing room and forget to edit it out afterwards.

Too many wierd "pop" noises to make the audience jump and to much rumbling and twitchings of the camera to relate tension to the audience, not enough actual substance.

Cinemaddiction
Well, keeping in mind this is purely fictional, there are only so many things you can do when your house is haunted, or has the power of posession. A) Stay and die or B) Leave and live. I'll take B, lol. How did you feel about the ending of "Poltergeist" or "The Shining"? I wouldn't have wanted to see Ryan Reynold's character die, personally, although it was strongly suggested it would happen at the end, with him being bound up in rope, loaded in a boat. I figured he was going to be sleepin' with the fishes.

Jump scares are just new-era Horror movie staples. It's just there, like static, disposable characters, which I didn't find in this movie. When I say that the characters were developed, they weren't atypical stupid, ballsy brawny jocks and big boobed airheads. There was a credible, cohesive family bond that I appreciated. Everyone was an intregal part of the story, and there weren't any filler roles. The family, the priest who buried the old family, the babysitter who sat for them, etc. They all had a role, and a story to tell, and it helped push things along.

I liked it. I didn't say it was a fantastic movie, but it was still put together, acted, and produced better than most Horror I've seen lately.

BackFire
No, I'm talking about the last scene, with the ghost girl getting pulled through the floor, not the climax to the story.

Cinemaddiction
That was out of place, and you can probably blame Michael Bay. He's got a thing for adding unnecessary kid roles to Horror remakes, i.e. Jeb in TCM 2003.

BackFire
Oh, don't you worry, I blame Micheal Bay for everything wrong with this movie.

Morning_Glory
so did all you like this movie or hate it? as I hated it!

Cinemaddiction
I liked it. I had low expectations, and it was a simple movie that had a lot of the horror staples, but a standout performance, and a pretty fluid storyline. It was above average, IMO, when you consider the source, and the competition.

BackFire
so did all you like this movie or hate it? as I hated it!

Thought it was trash, with the exception of Ryan Reynolds and the hot babysitter.

Morning_Glory
Ryan Renolds just had a nice tummy droolio.. couldnt take my eyes away from that

gls
i agree that the babysitter was pretty hot...(as is ryan...but a lil too muscular for my taste)
i like the movie. it wasn't scary in any right but it was good movie that was great to pass a couple hours at the theatre.
the jump "scares" i.e. the loud noises to try and make people jump were annoying after a while.
i liked the scene when the boy went to the bathroom at night.
and the baby sitter's scene in the closet was also well done.
i also enjoyed the bits of jokes and such like the baby sitter's habit and ryan's jokes.

the acting was well done and i liked the story. i'd say a 8/10
jus don't expect gore or any scares. jus take it as a great thriller

Morning_Glory
you like watching crap

gls
why don't u respect others opinions that are different from urs? ur on forums u know ..expect to find people that like different things than u

Morning_Glory
i respect it... no expression

Wendigo
have you seen it yet wendigo??

big grin I seen it today,and I still say I dont know why they remade it.The babysitter was hot though.............

Wolfie
Eh, I couldn't sit through the original and the typical remake is usually at best half as good as the original so I don't think I'll bother with this movie.

Wendigo
Originally posted by Wolfie
Eh, I couldn't sit through the original and the typical remake is usually at best half as good as the original so I don't think I'll bother with this movie.

Dont man roll eyes (sarcastic)

Myth
BOO to this movie! I liked Ryan Reynolds character and how he portrayed him, but other than that, the movie sucked. Not scary, super predictable. It tells you at the beginning what steps of insanity he will go through. Stupid.

Wendigo
Originally posted by Myth
BOO to this movie! I liked Ryan Reynolds character and how he portrayed him, but other than that, the movie sucked. Not scary, super predictable. It tells you at the beginning what steps of insanity he will go through. Stupid.

smile I like this guy

Loving_Daniel11
Saw it last night, one of the BEST movies of 2005! Perfect 10/10.

Cinemaddiction
messed

Loving_Daniel11
eek! I wanna go see it again!
Yummmmyyy Ryan Reynolds.

Impediment
The only thing worse, in my opinion, than crappy horror movies are the rude, immature comments made by certain people in community message forums. For the record, I have yet to see the new Amityville Horror flick and to be honest I cant wait to see it. I own the book and I get scared every single time I read it, and I own the classic 1979 version on DVD (although by todays standards it is regarded ad highly cheesy). And did it occur to anyone that certain people are scared by certain things? Im willing to bet I might jump a few times during this movie, but it wont make me poo my pants or anything. The movies that made me sleep with my lights on are The Changeling, Halloween, and Night of the Living Dead.......... and Im only 25! What scares me might make you laugh and giggle, and vice versa. So why dont we all just make our own little reviews and not escalate to hostility? Hmm? So what can anyone tell me about the SFX, score, and the solidity of the plot??

Loving_Daniel11
Horror is my favorite genre and Ive been waiting ALL MY LIFE to see an actual movie that freaked me the hell out and made me squeal...this movie did it. Not only was it scary but it was all in all an actual GOOD MOVIE. Had a great plot.

n_ocent_amber
loving daniel and impediment.....you guys rock!!! it was an awesome movie and it was scary....very scary for me!! first time screaming in a theater!! (on accident of course) which was the boy going to the bathroom....which still gives me the creeps!!!

Loving_Daniel11
THANK YOU! Omg yea, Plenty of parts either made jump or squeal! <Mostly jump>. I think the VERY first part I jumped at was when George and Cathy were *ahem* Getting it on, and Jodie was at the side of the bed and she looked like she had hung herself... that freaked me the f*** out. But I went with two of my other girl friends and they loved it too! big grin Im actually debating on going back and seeing it again big grin

gls
Originally posted by Loving_Daniel11
eek! I wanna go see it again!
Yummmmyyy Ryan Reynolds.

omg that pic is hot drool

ryan looked good in the movie

Loving_Daniel11
Originally posted by gls
omg that pic is hot drool

ryan looked good in the movie

You are totally right about that! rolling on floor laughing

gls
i wish i had muscles like he does...sad

Impediment
While I cant comment on the "dreamy body" of Ryan Reynolds, he does have a good physique. But can anyone tell me about the musical score, and visual effects? wink

Loving_Daniel11
Lol..I wish I could...EAT HIM! Like a sammich. I told my friends last night while we were watchin the movie that I would totally do him. lol

Darth Odious
Iv'e never seen it. I v'e read the book and I'll be honest it's one of the most haunting books I've ever read. The original movie was cool...but not great. When they showed Jodie they just showed you a giant face of a pig looking out the window that seemed to be taken from some other film and pasted into the window. I hear Micheal Bay is behind the remake and I can't help to become bitter at this, since in my opinion he botched it up as he seems to do with all of his empty headed projects or "money makers". The Chainsaw Massacre remake was just embarrasing to watch. The script seemed to be tossed away as I was forced to watch all the actors attempt to improv the scenes( horribly). The score was loud and present in scenes that didn't even require it, which is typical of a composer when challenge to be inspired and creative in a film where neither elements exist. Acompanied with those annoying quick mtv cuts shows that the old art of pacing and building to a scare are truly dead. I hope to god Amityville gives me a different view, although the previews haven't been very promising.

n_ocent_amber
the bedroom scene was pretty scary also but the bathroom done it for me!!! i was shaking after that part!!! lol and btw...ryan is pretty hot!!!

n_ocent_amber
i thought texas chainsaw was awesome!! i think they did an awesome job. but hey your gonna have other people of course not like it!! but oh well....cant make everyone happy!!

Loving_Daniel11
Im dying to read the novel. I actually liked the originals too, the 2nd one was my favorite of all! Well I see where you're coming from with the whole "TCM REMAKE" and how he was the one who did that all, and now he did T.A.H, but Im a little confused confused on if they were making this 2005 version as a remake or not. Im pretty sure they werent! They based it on years and years after where the family moves in, and they figure out that the house was previously owned by the dude who murdered his whole family and then its on from there.

Impediment
Well, I just got back from the theater from viewing The Amityville Horror, and I'd like to comment that the movie neither sucked or ruled. In my opinion, it was average. The script was about 50% faithful to Jay Anson's book, and some of the jucier parts I was hoping to see were not in the movie (Jody's red eyes in the window, the marching band music, the demons tormenting the catholic priest, etc, etc). Michael Bay is still a whore who deserves to be kicked square in the nuts after the embarrassment that was the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Since my name is neither Ebert or Roeper, Im not going to go in to a big long spiel kind of review, but I will say that I enjoyed the movie, but I still prefer the book 100% over. And who knows, maybe I'll buy it on DVD. Maybe. wink

n_ocent_amber
i still think its awesome!! lol!!

Zilverz
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
I told my friends last night while we were watchin the movie that I would totally do him. lol

S L U T !

Morbid4Daniel
You got a problem?

n_ocent_amber
no im sure that hes never seen a movie with a hot chick and not had some sick fantasy about her huh morbid?

Morbid4Daniel
Lol so true about that! big grin Thanks.

hbanana
Amityville vs House of Wax... Wonder which sequel will do better in the box office? House of Wax has more star potential, I think.

Morbid4Daniel
Hm..Im waiting for that one too! Comes out on my Birthday. big grin

Darth Odious
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
Im dying to read the novel. I actually liked the originals too, the 2nd one was my favorite of all! Well I see where you're coming from with the whole "TCM REMAKE" and how he was the one who did that all, and now he did T.A.H, but Im a little confused confused on if they were making this 2005 version as a remake or not. Im pretty sure they werent! They based it on years and years after where the family moves in, and they figure out that the house was previously owned by the dude who murdered his whole family and then its on from there. The novel rules. The new movie seems to follow the book pretty good actually from the clips I've seen. The original and it's sequels are the whole novel spaced out in three films. I guess you could say the book was cannibalized(writer's babble) but I still like them. The 2nd one was my favorite as well. I'm gonna go see the movie tomorrow and give Micheal Bay one more chance. Why not? Dude read the book. You'll never forget it.

papabeard
the original is pretty poor aswell, just a soulless exorcist cash in. The true aspect of the story makes it interesting and the extras on the dvd are good , but overall a poor film, particularly the big stupid pig in the window.

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by Darth Odious
The novel rules. The new movie seems to follow the book pretty good actually from the clips I've seen. The original and it's sequels are the whole novel spaced out in three films. I guess you could say the book was cannibalized(writer's babble) but I still like them. The 2nd one was my favorite as well. I'm gonna go see the movie tomorrow and give Micheal Bay one more chance. Why not? Dude read the book. You'll never forget it.

Ah. I agree. I hope you like it!, I did! stick out tongue

phoenix87
Originally posted by master sifadius
I thought the movie was REALLY GOOD(scared the sh*t out of me)
Yeah i am Sorry But i saw it Yesterday and i was so scared its better than the ring and the ring two and the grude because its something that actually happend and i think that makes it so much better

Morbid4Daniel
I agree stick out tongue

SithSpy
ill agree also, but i wouldnt describe the movie as scary, more like disturbing, which can be worse. The very last scene was the worst.......staring into those eyes got me bad

Morbid4Daniel
Yea it was scary but more...FREAKY and horrific. And omg I totally agree about the last scene. Jodie just freaked the hell out and then got dragged into the floor. *Shudder*

Jennifer_Tilly
I am going to go this weekend and see it if my boyfriend goes lol I cant wait i heard it was good!

Zilverz
Just seen the movie today. It doesnt hold a candle to the terrifying original. The only thing the whole movie had was jump scenes. Thats lame. I bet rosenberg is smiling right about now.

Wolfie
I don't think I've ever agreed with BF more. I just got back from seeing this. The only thing keeping the reels out of the garbage was Reynolds. The graphics weren't bad either.

It was a cheesy story, cliched characters, and too many elements were borrowed from other movies. When we saw the guy in the hooks and chains, I was looking for where Pinhead was standing.

"It was Charlie... I mean, Jodie!"

phoenix87
Yeah the bit with the creepy slit throte thing that was disturbing with the blood pooring on the dude...very memorable scene

papabeard
all new horror films are crap, not a decent one among them.

botankus
Originally posted by papabeard

You may be right. In fact, I'd like to see you find a thread in this forum about a widely-released horror movie that's come out in the past three years where several members didn't refer to the movie using the term "garbage."

phoenix87
='( really?? i reccon some are good like some from a while ago are crao to

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by Zilverz
Just seen the movie today. It doesnt hold a candle to the terrifying original. The only thing the whole movie had was jump scenes. Thats lame. I bet rosenberg is smiling right about now.

The originals werent even scary..

Wendigo
Better than the new crap

Morbid4Daniel
Not even close in my opinion. Im even trying to get it downloaded on my piece of crap slow internet connection

Morning_Glory
why?

Wendigo
I have the hot's 4 u morning glory

Morning_Glory
ugh!

Wendigo
ugh!

I think she like's me!Anyway,back to how gay the Amityville horror was..........

Morning_Glory
it was gay!!!!!!! I hated this movie..but seems like a lot of other ppl loved it erm

Wendigo
Yeah,but I dont know why smokin'

Morning_Glory
it was crap

Wendigo
Very boring.It wouldn't even scare a girl

phoenix87
I'm a Girl and It Scared me so there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendigo
Fair enough,but I dont beleive ghost's though.............

Cinemaddiction

Everyone splooged over "Saw", except me. "28 Days Later" and "Shaun of the Dead" come to mind, though.

Morning_Glory
I liked Shaun of the Dead -- even though that wasnt a horror movie no expression

Cinemaddiction
Like hell it wasn't. For the sake of an arguement, it was like "Fright Night", "An American Werewolf in London" or even "The Lost Boys". Horror elements abound, but satirical/comedic at times in the plot/storyline.

Morning_Glory
Amityville isnt even a true story... I thought it was real but it isnt at all sad

Wendigo
I heard it was

Wolfie
They just call it a true story to sell tickets (TCM).

"OMG, this is the best haunted house movie ever because it really happened!"

Wendigo
That's ****ed

Azrael01
It is a true story though they changed it quite a bit. in the first one they changed a lot but in this one they tried to stick to the real events. Though it is just based on a real story it is not exactly what happened.

Morbid4Daniel
It's a fricken true story, they just added a bit more to it. I mean cmon people, its 2005! Look at how far they've come from back then. The actual story is as real as the back of my hand.

papabeard
quote: (post)

Everyone splooged over "Saw", except me. "28 Days Later" and "Shaun of the Dead" come to mind, though.

I love shaun of the dead , but its more comedy horror and I actually like SAW, so i should have added except SAW.

Deano
Amityhorror was a good film..i still prefer the original though....the trouble with the new film is that they constantly show u the ghosts...

Cinemaddiction
quote: (post)

I love shaun of the dead , but its more comedy horror and I actually like SAW, so i should have added except SAW.

..and in retrospect, "Saw" was more thriller/mystery. No true Horror elements, throw it in whatever classification "Se7en" is.

Wolfie
Saw tried to scare you though. Se7en never tried to scare you.

Morbid4Daniel
Saw wasnt scary though..

Wendigo
I actually though Seven had a real gross scene in it at the start how the guy eats himself to death.That was creepy

Wolfie
I watched Saw with three 16-17 year old girls, they screamed. It's scary to those that get scared to horror movies. The most Se7en could do is creep you out 'cause it was about police investigations.

Anyway, this isn't a topic on whether or not Saw is scary. Back to Amityville. stick out tongue

Morbid4Daniel
Yes..I agree, back to Amitville Horror smile

Azrael01
I just this movie last night it was pretty good other than the constant screaming and the talking from the audience. I couldn't hear most of the movie but it sure had a lot of parts to make you jump.

Morbid4Daniel
You too? Omg. We had a whole row of preps in front of us that were constantly talking, I just wanted to yell "SHUTUP" Which..actually someone did, they said something, I cant exactly remember but it was like "Some people would actually like to hear this movie" and I said "THANK YOU!"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>