The Lost Boys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
who else likes this movie? i thought it was ok, maybe its just because i like Keifer Sutherland, maybe its because i like Joel Shcumacher, maybe its because of the bad 80s hair. well not the hair, but the movie was ok anyway

ragesRemorse
this is one of those very few rare flicks that interwine horror and comedy near perfectly

neo7822
i loved that movie probably because of the doors playing every other minute

King Burger
My favorite modern vampires movie.

Great characters, great setting, and great music!

Plus the Coreys!!

("Near Dark" is brilliant, but it's a different kind of movie.)

slayer
I liked it. smile

n_ocent_amber
i liked it!!

Azrael01
I thought it was good one of the few good vampire movies

nancy_englund
i liked it. i fust bought it actually. when i was a kid i loved cory haim and fieldmen. lol.
over

Darth Odious
The Lost Boys is one of my all time favorites. Kefier Sutherland seems to play these villans that come from an original place unlike the typical brow bashing, evil laughing " baddies." He's alot like his father Donald. They both seem to pull off this sly rage that I can't describe. I agree that the film's balance of horror/comedy was perfect. The music was godlike and really set the tone of the film, espically in the beginning when you hear that child's voice that begins the haunting score that starts over the shore of the beach. There is something so sinister about hearing the vampiric laughter in the background as they make their way across the darks waters. There was good chemistry with all the actors; more with Jason Patric and Corey Haim. Before I owned the movie I used to rent it just for the opening sequence when Keifer's boots walked along the carasoul. The mist that rolls over them is a clever echo of the films of old about vampires and the glammer that flows from them. It's just that smirk of his when he steps of the ride with a cigarrette behind his ear you just felt the power he had and could tell that this wasn't your run of the mill villian. I think Shumacher has a sense of youth and his film hits social areas that are hard for alot of older directors to grasp. Also that part where Micheal is hanging onto the pole after all the other guys had jumped. When I first saw that I could feel his fear and confusion as his fingers started to slip which was clever for the director to place. The tone of the whole movie had sense of dread that comes when the villians are intelligent and unpredictable which makes you wake and watch the movie.

SlipknoT
Love it.

tabby999
i'd have to say Sutherland is one of my favourite actors, hes great, and f*ck me is his voice cool, jebus, phone booth shows this so well, hes made for radio!

Deano
i love the film and the music..especially the song 'lost in the shadows'...great song

tabby999
i'd imagine thats the song with the kids singing the "thou shall not..." over and over? that song was bitchin

moviejunkie23
its classic horror

Zilverz
i agree an awesome vampire movie. I dont have a single gripe about it. Actually I do have one gripe .. and that is im wondering why I dont own the movie!!!!

Deano
Originally posted by tabby999
i'd imagine thats the song with the kids singing the "thou shall not..." over and over? that song was bitchin

its the song where they are racing the motorbikes
its a rock song...its great

b-dan
i like it manly because i like vampires and david he was soo cool in that movie

b-dan
Originally posted by Deano
its the song where they are racing the motorbikes
its a rock song...its great

that rock song was called say hellow to the night i think

Deano
nah its called lost in the shadows
i downloaded it

tabby999
i'm getting right into Joel Schumachers movies, dunno why people hate him, guess people REALLY hate those two batman movies

tabby999
i made myself a new siggy in honour of this movie!

King Burger
Originally posted by tabby999
i'm getting right into Joel Schumachers movies, dunno why people hate him, guess people REALLY hate those two batman movies

Agreed.

He's a good director. Besides Lost Boys, there's also "Falling
Down" which was a very good movie indeed. Julia Robert's
"Dying Young" was also quite nice.

phoenix87
Omg I love the Lost Boys. Corey and Corey very hot! Then to top it of Sutherland what a great mix! I loved Corey Feildman in Stand By Me thats how i first heard of him and boy is he hot in Lost Boys. I Have the Original Soundtrack to the Movie on Record - that went straight to the pool room! its in perfect contition! the music is awsome and yes the opening scene with the carosel on the board walk is really good. I watch the movie on average once every two weeks for the past few years of my life. Really tops movie!!!!

tomsgurlz
I did really like the movie, I mean Keifer is pretty hot. I just cant resist a guy w/ fangs! LOL! Seriously though I'd give it a 7/10 just because it was funny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.