Kitchen Confidential - Anthony Bourdain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smasandian
I find this book one of the best cooking books out there. Its not really a cookbook but more of an insight of an professional kitchen. Its about the author's life (might know him from the Food Network) in New York's professional kitchens.
It has amazing insight and funny comments about working in restuarents that you dont get from watching Emril or Bobby Flay. It's written from a cooks presepective and was meant to be read by non-food industry people but if you do work in the industry like I do, there's so many details that you will totally understand that nonbody else will.
Its not written by an author who went to college for it but more of an chef who's smart. There's alot of foul language, non-perfect english and feels like somebody is telling you a story over a couple of beers.
Its a perfect read for somebody who thinks they want to be a chef and hopefully will deter them enough to think again.
Its an excellent book and should be read by all, too see what real work is. (not saying that every job is lazy,but in generally, people i know complain about work when they have no idea how easy they have it)

jnr hiphop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.