Saddest comic book deaths ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Just throw your idea of the saddest comic books deaths ever. Mine would have to be Superman's and Colossus'.

Arsenal
Jason Todd. No kid should have to go out like that.

pr1983
Originally posted by David Duchovony
Just throw your idea of the saddest comic books deaths ever. Mine would have to be Superman's and Colossus'.

those and psylockes...

and hawkeye...

leonheartmm
captain marvel.

rox
magneto death, i was like ouch when i heard about it(decapataed by wolvie)

Kontraz
Eddie brock and carnage....

i mean, eddie makes sense, it was just really depressing... he finally does the right thing, and it blows up in his face...

and carnage... after all carnage had been through, to be taken out like that... its just soo soo sad... he deserved a much more climactic end, rather than a 3 panel fight he didnt stand a chance in...

ScarletSpider
That's because Bendis can't write death scenes. Hawkeye's death was sad in a roundabout way. It was sad that it was so ****ing stupid and retarded.

Carnage's death was fine. It was senseless, brutal and gory. Just like Carnage's life had been.

Mar-Vell's was also very sad. He died of cancer. The noblest, greatest, most decorated hero in the galaxy was laid low by a disease.

Iron Fist's death years ago in his own title before they ressurrected him was a very sad. It was tragic, violent and needless, which was the point. Death, violent death, such as in times of war, is always needless. It made many fans angry, and still does to this day, which speaks to the depth of it. Kudos to Priest.

Next Venom_girl
Eddie Brock
Gwen Stacy
Ben Reilly

Kontraz
yeah, but carnage's was so short.... you'd think that after all the "maximum carnage" and "venom vs carnage" and all the other carnage self-titles, they would have given him a little more of something... or AT LEAST a death at the hands of venom, toxin, or spider-man!

VENOMfan
Carnage death is a toss up, sure Carnage going out in a few seconds does make sense he is a chaotic bastard, I think it Sentry would have aced him like that knowing how sick and twisted he is. whats bullsh!t is the fact Carnage as deadly as he is couldnt kill one of them before he himself died, sure it would have ruined the line up but C'mon

he's freakin Carnage! vs an unarmed DareDevil, Luke Cage and Spiderwoman!? he coulda sneezed and killed foggy!

Venom............Or Eddie Brock is awful but fit's Brock a very tragic character

esspecially these last few years, attempted suicide,his wife, cancer maybe the event's with toxin to some extent.

yeah thats awful,Eddie commited suicide for crying out loud. kinda hard to take in

we still have a Scorpion/Venom tho whopee (sarcasm)

King Burger
Rorschach's death in "The Watchmen".

Made me really sad to see this great and
noble character go like this. The only one
in that comic who didn't deserve to
die.

Arsenal
Noone else thought Jason's death was sad?

David Duchovony
I did. It was far too gruesome for a 1986 comic book. Yikes!!!

Arsenal
If Jason really is back in the newest Batman comic, I hope he wails on Joker and kills him twice as gruesome.

Kontraz
Originally posted by VENOMfan
Carnage death is a toss up, sure Carnage going out in a few seconds does make sense he is a chaotic bastard, I think it Sentry would have aced him like that knowing how sick and twisted he is. whats bullsh!t is the fact Carnage as deadly as he is couldnt kill one of them before he himself died, sure it would have ruined the line up but C'mon

he's freakin Carnage! vs an unarmed DareDevil, Luke Cage and Spiderwoman!? he coulda sneezed and killed foggy!

Venom............Or Eddie Brock is awful but fit's Brock a very tragic character

esspecially these last few years, attempted suicide,his wife, cancer maybe the event's with toxin to some extent.

yeah thats awful,Eddie commited suicide for crying out loud. kinda hard to take in

we still have a Scorpion/Venom tho whopee (sarcasm)

whats even worse about all the venom stuff... the writer decides to kill eddie, and give the suit to scorp, then he hi-tails it off that comic, leaving a little sticky note for the next writer that reads "heh...screwed you, didn't i?"

VENOMfan
yeah basiccly he wanted to say, Mac is the new Venom deal with it, I might write somthing about him soon but the character is completley differnt now too bad if ya liked him.

crimminy Wolverine is in what five differnt series now? he isnt over exposed but sure enuf those Symbiotes are waaaaaaay out control

better kill em

The Flash
Originally posted by Arsenal
If Jason really is back in the newest Batman comic, I hope he wails on Joker and kills him twice as gruesome. He already beat the shit out of Joker and asked him how it felt.smile

Arsenal
Originally posted by The Flash
He already beat the shit out of Joker and asked him how it felt.smile
Sweet.

ScarletSpider
Not really. Millar told his story and left. Sure, he had a couple loose ends, but he didn't leave them blatantly hanging out. I can't remember, but didn't Gargan go to prison at the end of that story? Or he at least absconded into the night. Yeah, there are possible future stories there, but nothing rudely demanding to be told. Enough of the mess was cleaned up to allow Hudlin to do whatever he wants. Millar's run was only slated for 12 issues anyways, he didn't create a mess and leave, he had one big story he wanted to tell, he told it, and was done.

And you'd have thought that Avenger's as tenured as Hawkeye and the Vision would have been treated with a modicum of respect. Go figure.

Kontraz
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Not really. Millar told his story and left. Sure, he had a couple loose ends, but he didn't leave them blatantly hanging out. I can't remember, but didn't Gargan go to prison at the end of that story? Or he at least absconded into the night. Yeah, there are possible future stories there, but nothing rudely demanding to be told. Enough of the mess was cleaned up to allow Hudlin to do whatever he wants. Millar's run was only slated for 12 issues anyways, he didn't create a mess and leave, he had one big story he wanted to tell, he told it, and was done.

yeah, but it still just felt like he only dropped by to screw with spidey's life, then leave... lol

Originally posted by ScarletSpider

And you'd have thought that Avenger's as tenured as Hawkeye and the Vision would have been treated with a modicum of respect. Go figure.

yeah, but they still died in avengers comics. I mean, carnage at least should have died in a spidey comic or something.... and when was he sent to prison??? Last comic he was in was venom vs carnage (which is amazingly in continuity with new avengers) and he was never sent to prison in that. Plus, he should have at least died at the hands of spidey, venom, or toxin

moviejunkie23
the second robin hands down

eleveninches
Superman
Troia
Robin
SUpergirl
wonderwoman (earth2)
Hal Jordan
Psylocke
Magneto
Colossus
Captain Marvel
Hawkeye
Thing
Jean Grey (1st death)
Jean Grey (most recent death)
Xavier (original 60's death)
Vision
Asgardians (at final ragnarok)
Anti-monitor

BENITO
Klunk the cat died tragically.
Jean grey the first time.
Genosha.

BENITO
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
the second robin hands down

you mean the one who was a little sh!t street punk cause that was releaving me and my Dad hate the B@$T@rd

ScarletSpider
Well tehcnically, Avengers is a Spidey title now. I get what you mean about how it should have been Venom or someone to do him in. I don't think it should have been Toxin, as Toxin is trying to be a hero. Though Bendis has been getting continuity wrong, and generally doing not such a good job with his writing all over the place lately.

manjaro
mine would have to be Xmenthe end: book one where the skrulls were just killing them off one by one, then blew up parts of the institute wjhile some of the kids slept. i felt all sad and shit like i wish there was something i could have done to help them

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Eddie Brock
Gwen Stacy
Ben Reilly

Yeah my vote is Gwen Stacy.the worst mistake in comicbook history. mad

Draco69
The Blue Beetle's death was REALLY sad. sad

nigel45
Originally posted by eleveninches
Superman
Troia
Robin
SUpergirl
wonderwoman (earth2)
Hal Jordan
Psylocke
Magneto
Colossus
Captain Marvel
Hawkeye
Thing
Jean Grey (1st death)
Vision
Anti-monitor

Lol. Your'e just an emotional guy eleveninches. wink

nigel45
Originally posted by Draco69
The Blue Beetle's death was REALLY sad. sad

I'm with you on that one. Him and Barry Allen are my top two. There's just something about selfless sacrifice that no one will ever know occurred.

The Flash
Barry Allen; my hero!

Arsenal
Originally posted by nigel45
I'm with you on that one. Him and Barry Allen are my top two. There's just something about selfless sacrifice that no one will ever know occurred.
I thought it was a shame how no hero would take him seriously. If they had he would still be alive.

Next Venom_girl
...and Harry Osborn.
The movie versions of the deaths of Doc Ock and Jean Gray were really sad.

Quick Freeze
your'e all forgetting

the scarlet spider

Next Venom_girl
I said Ben Reilly. confused

eleveninches
Superman
Troia
Robin
SUpergirl
wonderwoman (earth2)
Hal Jordan ('final night' death)
Psylocke
Magneto
Colossus
Captain Marvel
Hawkeye
Barry Allen
Thing
Jean Grey (1st death)
Jean Gray (movie death)
Cable (x-men: the end)
Others (x-men: the end)
Rose (origin)
Illyana
Jean (AOA)
Vision
Anti-monitor

BENITO
What about Klunk he got hit by a car but mikey had to kill the flea bitten alley cat to save him but he couldn't is that not sad.

mikeys last words to klunk were I'm sorry I just can't save you.

The Flash
What about the last days of Superman's Cape in the hands of Doomsday?:'(

stevusmagnus
Jean Gray's first death was by far the saddest.

She died again? WTF!?

Maestro
Nate Grey.......What a waste of Talent and Potential.

And Betty Ross, dying from a blood transfusion from abomination, nasty way to go out.

Next Venom_girl
Jake McCarthy just died recently (and heroically) in Witchblade. It was really sad. Screaming at the sky: *NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!* moment in the panel.
(Felt like that when Eddie dies in Marvel Knights.) sad

Darth Jello
any of Daredevil's GF's-Elektra is killed by Bullseye, Karen Page is alsokilled by Bullseye while trying to protect a really mess up DD, and Heather Glenn hangs herself. Then there was that really hot redheaded one, what was her name> Glorianna? Yeah she was killed really senselessly too. I just hope they don't kill Black widow or Milla Donovan, i really like them.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
your'e all forgetting

the scarlet spider

I thought this was saddest deaths....

Definitly Blue beetle and Parallex. Green arrow man, that had to be the worst.

Nataku8188
Add Vanessa's death to that list up there too.

ScarletSpider
Jim Hammond's was rather touching I though. A true heroic sacrifice, to save the life of his "child". A nice funeral scene too. New Invaders #9.

Jimmy Buggs
any one have scans or know where I can see scans of x-men the end. and how magnito dies?

Joker1237
How about this Death?

BENITO
I don't think I like the joker anymore since he killed a baby

K3VIL
Superman when he fought Doomsday, guys I was a child when I read it and I nearly cry.
Flash II a.k.a. Barry Allen, same thing.
Captain Marvel during Kingdom Come.
Jack Of Hearts, we'll miss you Jack.I think he was one of the greatest Avengers, and his death was great, flying into space, exploding like a star, but what a waste of potential, I hope they bring him back.
Ben Reilly, he died as a hero, wonderful.
Wonder Man, he died cause he prefer to fight and die like a hero instead of fighting the Avengers, that were become his friends, and his family.
Wonder Man and Atlas quasi-dead:
They absorb all the energy of Nefaria's Ionic Bomb to save the world, and what Eric Josten said to Songbird before falling unconscious was really heroic:
I've done a good thing, I'll die happy.

BENITO
KLUNK

David Duchovony
Originally posted by Joker1237
How about this Death?

Who's the corpse?

Joker1237
Sarah Gordan, Jim's wife.

BENITO
I thought it was a baby pheuff.

armandovalles
Ben Grimm's death at the end of Authoritave action Pt.6

who?-kid
Originally posted by King Burger
Rorschach's death in "The Watchmen".
Indeed. And also the death of Captain Marvel. (Jim Starlin).

Mainstream
Robin number 2 JT his death was explosive....no pun intended

David Duchovony
Originally posted by Mainstream

LOL. embarrasment Sorry.

armandovalles
nobody else thinks the Thing's death in Authorative Action Pt. 6 was dramatic?

BENITO

but jason todds was as tragic as the one our Sigs are maughning Mainstream. (remember I Drew your current sig)
Don't you love the cassa-blanca feel to mainstreams sig.

Lord S
Saddest death? Death of the Kree Empire.

MERCILOUS
Sue Dibny, just cause of the way Elongated Man took it.

pr1983
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Sue Dibny, just cause of the way Elongated Man took it.

yeah...

Mainstream
Batman parents and we get to see it next month in Batman Begins

BENITO
Cable in a dream I had last night.

Mainstream
you little *89574857445454*that's not funny. (maybe a little heh heh heh)

eleveninches
I felt sorry for ralph when he started to talk to himself at the end of IC. sad

armandovalles
i say either the Thing in FF: Authorative Action Pt. 6 or Captain Marvel (Shazam!) in Kingdom Come.

MERCILOUS
Few deaths hurt as much as noble sacrifice (Kingdom Come Captain Marvel).

BENITO
you little *89574857445454*that's not funny. (maybe a little heh heh heh)

I take it back then sorry dude

and I'm 5'8 is that little?

FieryBalrog
Jean's death on the moon

BENITO
yes that was tragic

Fionnuala
Colusses, Psylocke and Jean's deaths would have been very sad if they actually stayed dead...

BENITO
yes I'm sick of X-men coming back to life

WHY COULDN@T CYCLOPS STAY DEAD

pr1983
Originally posted by BENITO
yes I'm sick of X-men coming back to life

WHY COULDN@T CYCLOPS STAY DEAD

he didnt die...

eleveninches
I thought he died when he got in the way of apoc tryong to take over nate's body.

pr1983
Originally posted by eleveninches
I thought he died when he got in the way of apoc tryong to take over nate's body.

im not sure... people say he died, though his physical body was what apocalypse was housed in... if cyclops was killed, apocalypse would have no host... i think he just vanished and lost his memory...

Mainstream
Scott didn't die....he just had an out of body experience.

BENITO
DAMMIT

Mainstream
don't like Scott do you Ben?

BENITO
don't like Scott do you Ben?
yep he's the X-man I REALLY hate Jean when you come back to life stick your tounge down logan or Bobby's throat and burn scott.

Swanky-Tuna
I know he comes comes back to life all the time but

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/goodbyegrundy1.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/goodbyegrundy2.jpg
Solomon Grundy, you were the nicest swamp monster I ever knew.

He got crushed while saving people. And apologizing for killing Skyman.

And nobody tell me if he didn't die. I was going to say don't tell me if he comes back but it's Solomon friggen Grundy. Of course he's coming back.

Edit: What a dork I am. Nevermind about that last part. I know now.

Scoobless
Captain Marvel's death in Kingdom Come was pretty sad.... but heroic as well

Scoobless
sad

Scoobless
cry

Scoobless
crybaby

Scoobless
bawling

i just read this yesterday....... not even much of a DC fan.... but this was a good story... great artwork as well

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless
bawling

i just read this yesterday....... not even much of a DC fan.... but this was a good story... great artwork as well

Ming Tea!
bawling

That's some sad shit there. sad

pr1983
shazam... cry

savagerampage
probably one of the saddest deaths, along with superman.

what about aunt may lol

BENITO
Originally posted by savagerampage
probably one of the saddest deaths, along with superman.

what about aunt may lol
I never Read that Issue

pr1983
Originally posted by BENITO
I never Read that Issue

shazam? it was in kingdom come... one of the best comics in years...

GreatMuta
Uhhh, seriously when was Magneto decapiated? I love Mags and for him to be killed by that little canadian shrimp is outrages!!!

As for my vote the death of Captain America in the Infinity Guntlet was awesome (standing up to a god-like Thanos) But as for a real death, got to be Jeane Gray.

Mainstream
Originally posted by GreatMuta
Uhhh, seriously when was Magneto decapiated? I love Mags and for him to be killed by that little canadian shrimp is outrages!!!

As for my vote the death of Captain America in the Infinity Guntlet was awesome (standing up to a god-like Thanos) But as for a real death, got to be Jeane Gray.

It wasn't the real Magneto...someone who looked and had powers like magneto...it was never reveal who the fake Mags was sad

Scoobless
Originally posted by pr1983
shazam... cry

seriously.... how often does someone get to beat the crap out of Superman then sacrifice himself to save him?

great story.... wish i'd read it sooner

pr1983
seriously.... how often does someone get to beat the crap out of Superman then sacrifice himself to save him?

great story.... wish i'd read it sooner

and i loved how supes went apeshit and lost it...

armandovalles
The Top 3 Saddest Deaths in My Opinion were definitely:

1) Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come.
2) Hal Jordan in JLA/Avengers.
3) The Thing in Authoritave Action.

BENITO
Originally posted by pr1983
shazam? it was in kingdom come... one of the best comics in years...

the death of Aunt May

has anyone else read Tales of TMNT 10

that issue with the golem was just silly really

but the question WHOA

Lord S
Originally posted by GreatMuta
Uhhh, seriously when was Magneto decapiated? I love Mags and for him to be killed by that little canadian shrimp is outrages!!! Cyclops should have been the one to kill him.

Swanky-Tuna
It wasn't the real Magneto...someone who looked and had powers like magneto...it was never reveal who the fake Mags was sad
I think that ended up being Xorn's brother pretending to be Xorn pretending to be Magneto.

pr1983
Originally posted by Lord S
Cyclops should have been the one to kill him.

you'd think with the guy killing jean they would do that... but no...

radioboy121
1) Death of Illyana from the Legacy Virus. Shadowcat/Jubilee is around at her death bed. Colossus doesn't realize her death until later.

2) Death of Douglas Ramsey when saving Wolfsbane.

3) Death of Super Skrull by the hands of Reptyl. S'Byll, his lover doesn't show the usual emotion and only Silver Surfer mourns him.

4) Death of Mastermind. He shows his humanity by kicking Jean and the like out of his mind from also dying.

5) Death of Gwen Stacey at the hands of Green Goblin. Spiderman catches her too late and later Green Goblin accidently gets himself killed by his flyer.

BENITO
good choices

MERCILOUS
Itto Ogami.

Scoobless
Pete and MJ having a stillborn baby was pretty sad

house
colossus and onslaught, I nearly cried when onslaught perished.

eleveninches
1.Hal Jordan (final night, vs sun eater)
2.Supergirl (precrisis, vs anti-monitor, COIE)
3.Batman's Parents (batman-year one)
4.Jean (first death)
5.Illyana (legacy virus)
6.Superman (vs doomsday)
7.Flash Barry Allen (vs anti-monitor, COIE)
8.Jason Todd (vs joker)
9.Saint of Killers' family (preacher)
10.Sarah Gordon (vs Joker, No Mans Land)
11.Punisher's family
12.Archangel Michael (vs lucifer)
13.Ultimate Hawkeye
14.Rose (origin, vs logan)
15.Jor-El and Lara (on krypton, birthright)
16.Wizard Shazam (Day of vengeance, vs spectre)
17.Kilowog and the GLC (emerald twilight, vs hal jordan)
18.Donna Troy (vs cyborg, graduation day)
19.Magneto (vs super-sentinal, genosha)
20.Thing (authorative action)

Spideys Sister
Eddie brock with his suicide....damn shame

Family_guy725
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Eddie brock with his suicide....damn shame
yeah that one jean's the first time collosus's and pyro's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.