reasons you don't want superman returns to happen!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alexanderluthor
i may be the only one who is not happy about this movie, but if there's anyone else out there who thinks like me.... let me know your reasons, here are mine.

superman is my number one hero, and christopher reeve did a perfect job playing superman... i can't take someone as brandon routh to be the next superman after mr. reeve, second; i never liked brian singer's work... mot even in X-men. another reason is that if there's a very succesfull serie like smallville with millions of fans around the world, they change what in our minds is the story of superman's childhood. sad

pr1983
personally...

i dont like bosworth as lois lane...

i dont like what ive heard about the movie...

and smallville (while being a decent show), has pretty much butchered supermans history...

LLG
In my opinion, I have to agree, that Christopher Reeve was the best superman, and in Superman Returns, I think people are going to compare Brandon Routh to Christopher Reeve. I also think Kate Bosworth wasn't the best choice, but we'll have to see how the movie comes out.

David Duchovony
Just give it a chance guys.

rubber dickie
after seeing how much he looks like reeves, it might not be so hard a transition for the franchise. the acting is another story though, not to mention the plot. well' wether we like it or not, the movie is already being made... we'll just have to wait and see.

TheFanboy
I'm really looking forward to it and I'm gonna trust them about the casting untill I see the final product. I do think Superman is better adapted in animated form but if they want to make it live action I'll pay my money to see it. smile

TheFanboy
Oh and I also don't like that any actor who plays Superman won't look bulky enough to please me. Batman, Spider-man and the rest I can live with being nowhere near as big as they are in the comics but for Superman it feels wrong.

TheFilmProphet
Thats the same way I've always felt since I was a kid. Although we have never had any Superman like that and I doubt we will anytime soon.

Jedi Priestess
Im sure Im going to catch hell for this post, but here goes. I myself thought the Superman movies to date were pretty cheesy. Reeve was a (for lack of a better word) pansy Superman. Im hoping the new movie is better for me.

pr1983
Originally posted by David Duchovony
Just give it a chance guys.

i will...

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Im sure Im going to catch hell for this post, but here goes. I myself thought the Superman movies to date were pretty cheesy. Reeve was a (for lack of a better word) pansy Superman. Im hoping the new movie is better for me.

jp... die... stick out tongue

eleveninches
I hope they introduce DOOMSDAY into the smallville TV show, and have him kill all of the annoying dumb-@ss charachters

TheFanboy
Originally posted by eleveninches
I hope they introduce DOOMSDAY into the smallville TV show, and have him kill all of the annoying dumb-@ss charachters

I want Lobo but I don't see either ever happening. Brainiac would be great too.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by alexanderluthor
i may be the only one who is not happy about this movie, but if there's anyone else out there who thinks like me.... let me know your reasons, here are mine.

superman is my number one hero, and christopher reeve did a perfect job playing superman... i can't take someone as brandon routh to be the next superman after mr. reeve, second; i never liked brian singer's work... mot even in X-men. another reason is that if there's a very succesfull serie like smallville with millions of fans around the world, they change what in our minds is the story of superman's childhood. sad

Yeah I also agree with you.I was against another Superman movie being made from the very beginning because like you said, Christopher Reeve did a perfect job as supes.To me he is the one and only Superman.There is no other.I also dont like Bryan Singers work as well with what he did to the xmen movies.Also the first Superman movie is by far the best comicbook movie ever made.Hands down,no contest.No other even comes close.Unlike with Batman,there is no need to restart the franchise all over again.I am elated they are redoing Batman with Batman Begins because all four of the Batman movies were horrible,but with Superman,as I mentioned,the first two films were awesome and magical movies so thats stupid to restart the Superman franchise. mad And after looking at the photo of Brandon Rouse in the superman outfit,I am for sure not going to see the movie.He is way too young for the role and does not have the looks of Supes like Reeve had.

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah I also agree with you.I was against another Superman movie being made from the very beginning because like you said, Christopher Reeve did a perfect job as supes.To me he is the one and only Superman.There is no other.I also dont like Bryan Singers work as well with what he did to the xmen movies.Also the first Superman movie is by far the best comicbook movie ever made.Hands down,no contest.No other even comes close.Unlike with Batman,there is no need to restart the franchise all over again.I am elated they are redoing Batman with Batman Begins because all four of the Batman movies were horrible,but with Superman,as I mentioned,the first two films were awesome and magical movies so thats stupid to restart the Superman franchise. mad And after looking at the photo of Brandon Rouse in the superman outfit,I am for sure not going to see the movie.He is way too young for the role and does not have the looks of Supes like Reeve had.

thank you!!!!! so i'm not crazy after all Happy Dance

Draco69
That's redudant. So since Christopher Reeve is dead. There can be no Superman movies? EVER?

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by Draco69
That's redudant. So since Christopher Reeve is dead. There can be no Superman movies? EVER? [/QUOTE

good idea. jk, no i mean.... they could have chosen someone better, with a closer look to superman(christopher reeve).

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Draco69
That's redudant. So since Christopher Reeve is dead. There can be no Superman movies? EVER?

Errr no.Even if he was still alive I would not want another superman movie made which I said way back yen when he was alive that I thought it was a bad idea.Because just like Bill Bixby is the one and only true Banner which is why I did not want a Hulk movie made because he played the role so brilliantly,the same goes for superman.Reeve played it so brilliantly and it was such a magical movie that it doesnt NEED to be restarted.Just leave it alone already.we dont need another superman movie. mad

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983
personally...

i dont like bosworth as lois lane...

i dont like what ive heard about the movie...

and smallville (while being a decent show), has pretty much butchered supermans history...

I wouldn't say Butchered...more like gave it a face lift.

LousyBoy
You guys are way tooo shallow "I DONT LIKE THE WAY HE LOOKS!" Shut up! I dont understand how you guys can be so freakin SPOILED! You want perfect movies, Yes, perfect! Cause you guys go against the majority that liked the movie. Complaining about how an actor looks in Supermans suit is just as bad as RAPE! Freakin... i dont look like Superman but that doesnt mean i was going to skip Halloween... show some freakin slack you loathing crumudgeons! You know who you are!

Edit, I wish i could sit down with Mr Parker and piece of paper and show him how he is wrong and watch him roll his eyes and throw the table over.

ayjay
i think ur taking this way too personally....

I'll see the movie fore sure, cos its based on SUPERMAN....i wanna see how they've evolved from the old days. The flying, laser etes, etc etc would be great to see on the brigscreen with today's technology. I think that routh is as close to looking like reeves as you can get....he is a bit slim though....

TheFanboy
Originally posted by ayjay
i think ur taking this way too personally....

I'll see the movie fore sure, cos its based on SUPERMAN....i wanna see how they've evolved from the old days. The flying, laser etes, etc etc would be great to see on the brigscreen with today's technology. I think that routh is as close to looking like reeves as you can get....he is a bit slim though....

I'm kinda concerned they were to occupied finding a Reeve's lookalike that they forget about how he would look as Sups.

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by TheFanboy
I'm kinda concerned they were to occupied finding a Reeve's lookalike that they forget about how he would look as Sups.

for most people in the world... reeve is superman. you know i thought i was being a little bit dramatic about all this stuff but i think that my friend lousy guy just went so far over the line. and speaking about what ayjay said.... i've never liked a movie that is based on special fx, yeah i'd love to see all those things a superman can do, but not with this "what's his name?" guy. sad

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by LousyBoy
Complaining about how an actor looks in Supermans suit is just as bad as RAPE!

Now your just being ridiculous......

Originally posted by LousyBoy
i dont look like Superman

Then why are you in a Superman forum?

DirectorFitz
you guys are ridiculous

TheFilmProphet
Are you calling me ridiculous? If so that was definitely uncalled for.
Unless you were being sarcastic then in that case you should have included tags.

DirectorFitz
sorry bout that, i meant tags...my sarcasm is far and wide

X-43D
There have been 4 Superman actors:

1. George Reeves (the original)
2. Christopher Reeve (replaced George Reeves)
3. Dean Cain (in Lois & Clark)
4. Tom Willing in Smallville
5. Brandon Routh (?)

zombie_outbreak
While I hate the costume and would have prefered someone else playing the part of Superman, I have a wait-and-see approach to all of this. I was worried about Jackman being Wolverine when I first heard about it but was pleasantly suprised when I finally saw him in the movie. On the other hand, I had reservations about Berry playing Storm and I think I was pretty on the mark with that one. I guess we'll see if Singer can do it again in a few monthes.

Hopeless_Savage
Well! I personally don't like the idea for the new Superman movie. We've already got an ongoing superman history with Smallville (which I love) Tom Welling fits the part perfectly. The movie plot seems loose and uninteresting to me. I think if they are going to do anything they should cast Welling and do a Metropolis movie, jumping forward from Smallville (still giving it space for more seasons) and telling the story of Clarks early years in the city and his move to becoming the man of steel! I can see Annette O Toole presenting the suit to him in my head.....

jes111
i think we should give the movie a chance...i think bosworth will do a great job

pr1983
Originally posted by Hopeless_Savage
Well! I personally don't like the idea for the new Superman movie. We've already got an ongoing superman history with Smallville (which I love) Tom Welling fits the part perfectly. The movie plot seems loose and uninteresting to me. I think if they are going to do anything they should cast Welling and do a Metropolis movie, jumping forward from Smallville (still giving it space for more seasons) and telling the story of Clarks early years in the city and his move to becoming the man of steel! I can see Annette O Toole presenting the suit to him in my head.....

firstly...

smallville has bastardised supermans history, it is nothing like his real history...

second... tom welling is a good superboy... not a good superman...

TheFilmProphet
Pr> yes

There is a reason why Tom is playing a young Clark and not Superman.

ayjay
well...i will get slapped for saying this....but i enjoyed dean cain as superman...i'm serious!..i dunno why....but i really enjoyed the series....and he looked kool ^__^

*please dun slap me*

WOLVERINEFAN
THEY really should have made doomsday the villain.......the death of superman would be stunning and magnificent. it would guarentee a sequal. i mean, if the director wants the movie to be better than spiderman, they hafta work at it

TheFilmProphet
Actually Superman already comes very close to death in Superman Returns, but not by Doomsday.

alexanderluthor

i totally understand you

Mr Parker
So do I.Me and you seem to see each other eye to eye on this alexanderluther.

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by Mr Parker
So do I.Me and you seem to see each other eye to eye on this alexanderluther.

THANK YOU!!! (i guess) big grin

The Last Son
I think all of you people saying they shouldn't make another Superman movie are idiots. The first two films were great, yes, but the special effects were old and lame. With today's technology, they can make a great Superman movie. The only reserves I have is the costume. I saw a picture of it yesterday on supermanhomepage.com and it looks retarded. They need to stick with the original costume and make one hell of a special effects movie and it will be the top grossing movie ever.

Paola
NO member bashing!

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by The Last Son
The first two films were great, yes, but the special effects were old and lame. With today's technology, they can make a great Superman movie......They need to stick with the original costume and make one hell of a special effects movie and it will be the top grossing movie ever.

You realize that there is much much more to a great film than special effects right? Because of people who think special effects are the single most important element in a film and that alone will carry it we end up with films like Chronicles of Riddick, Van Helsing, Sky Captain, Son of the Mask, etc., etc.

The Last Son
You are absolutely right. However, a comic book movie should have great special effects. If we want to see a cheesy drama we'll watch million dollar baby, but we don't. We want to see a comic book movie and if the special effects aren't special it will suck.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, the special effects in a comic based film should and need to be nothing short of amazing of course this varies from time to time depending on the film and story. Such as in a Punisher film where the film(s) isn't very heavy on CGI. I never said we need alot more drama in our comic book films, I was merely getting my point across that effects aren't the entire film.

alexanderluthor
even when the sfx of the first two superman movies are not as good as today's, most people think those movies are great, two of the best that can compite and even better movies like spiderman, blade, x-men, the hulk, batman, oh and sincerely, a person whose arguments are based on insults..... has a poor judgement of good and bad. thumb down

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by alexanderluthor
oh and sincerely, a person whose arguments are based on insults..... has a poor judgement of good and bad. thumb down

If you are referring to me then exactly where are these insults that you speak of?

alexanderluthor
i can't say about your insults cuz i wasn't refering to you my friend.

TheFilmProphet
Very well then.

CaptainAmerica
This movie will suck. Routh is so dumb looking it's not even funny. It's filmed in Australia. ?? And it's by the Director from X-Men, a marginal superhero movie with bad special effects.

mr.smiley

I agree.
A smallville movie would have been much better.
Would have also been a great way to end the series.

CaptainAmerica
When I first watched Smallville, I thought it was dumb. But Tom grew on me. Now I watch it every week. The one where he played a guy from the 1950's sold me on him as Superman. With his hair slicked back, he was a shoe in. I'm really dissapointed that they chose Routh and the hack director of X-Men.

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by CaptainAmerica
When I first watched Smallville, I thought it was dumb. But Tom grew on me. Now I watch it every week. The one where he played a guy from the 1950's sold me on him as Superman. With his hair slicked back, he was a shoe in. I'm really dissapointed that they chose Routh and the hack director of X-Men.

teh same thing happened to me, although when christopher reeve died i didn't like welling for a while, but now i think he is the best choice a good director had.

Spiderman_RJ
this movie sucks, super goes to space and when he returns lois is marry with perry white sons, and have a kid with him............LAME!

CaptainAmerica
That's what happens? That's lame.

alexanderluthor
i only hope this guy won't use the original theme from jhon williams, so the movie will be a complete s#it and we can all forget about it. then in 3 years we see the real one, the one most of us is waiting for. mad

mr.smiley
It realy seems like they rushed into making this.
I would have at least waited to see how batman begins will do in the theaters before i would have even thought of another superman movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.