BrandonRouth as Clark Kent Pictures inside!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leog14
Brandon Routh as Clark Kent in Australia shooting Superman. He looks jsut as geeky as Tobey Maguire was in Spiderman.

rubber dickie
is it just me, or does he remind you of a younger reeves?

he does look like a clark kent.

Leog14
Yup he does

DirectorFitz
pfft....don't use that pic...you need one where he actually looks like reeve

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/BatmanFan/ClarkRunning.bmp
They picked just the right person for this. Being that the movie is a semi-sequel to the first two movies.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/BatmanFan/ClarkKent.bmp
If he looks like Reeve in this pic, then he's gonna look like Reeve's twin when dressed as Superman.

BlackC@t
He's built like a tank!

I wanna' see him in the Superman suit.

pr1983
f*ck...

the likeness is uncanny...

David Duchovony
Guess he really bulked up for the role.

rubber dickie
i can't wait to see him in blue. he looks freakishly like reeves. are we sure he's not a clone?

TheFilmProphet
Side by side comparisons I created,

http://tinypic.com/4ilc9f

http://tinypic.com/4ilce8

http://tinypic.com/4ilcfb

TheFilmProphet
http://tinypic.com/4ingxg

http://tinypic.com/4inh4n

DirectorFitz
This film is going to rock!

sudit78
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

sudit78
big grin

The Last Son
Why do they have to make Clark Kent look like a dork all of the time. He's not like that in the comics.

DarthLazious
Nice.

I am looking forward to seeing this movie for sure.

When does it come out?

The Last Son
July 4th 2006

Leog14
I just photoshop a bit and look.

pr1983
Originally posted by Leog14
I just photoshop a bit and look.

that looks... crap... sorry but it does... not your manip... the costume...

ash007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4474451.stm

holy crap look at the link its actually got a photo of Routh Dressed up as Superman

alexanderluthor
i still don't like it.... he doesn't have a noble face like reeve's

Leog14
Tell you the truth I don't like it because it just doesn't look original. The red is dark kind of like spiderman's custome at first but then I got used to it . He does look less bulkier than I though but his face does look less nobler than Reeves and younger, like what came after Smallville.

Draco69
It SUCKS! 2005 and they still use the same material that they used in 1966?!?!

It should have been like Spider-Man's costume.

Catwoman then Superman.

At least Batman is still gonna be good. Hopefully.

whobdamandog
Give it a chance...People said the same thing about the first batman..and look how well it did. Besides, you don't want a story just like the original..that would be bland and boring...

whobdamandog
Thank God Keanu Reeves is not playing Superman..that would make it an automatic bomb..

DirectorFitz
by the way, it was made in 1978

Draco69
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Give it a chance...People said the same thing about the first batman..and look how well it did. Besides, you don't want a story just like the original..that would be bland and boring...

I'm not bombing the movie. (Although I would have chosen better director) BUT I am bombing the costume. IT SUCKS!

pr1983

the first batman had a kick ass costume... this looks like something my mother put together on a weekend...

gls
yea this new costume is horrible.

Draco69
God Help Us. Is is so hard? Are the movie companies THAT out of touch with the general audience's wants?

pr1983

Jedi Shmedi
Sigh....sometimes you just can't please people. Singer says he wasn't going to stray far from the original series, considering it takes place after Superman 2, I'm glad they only changed the costume as much as they did (the blue could be darker though) and I'm rather happy they made it "retro", but if you look close at the costume, it's made out of the same material the spiderman costume was, and, if you think they should have ditched the underwear, you are not a die-hard fan of Superman like myself and everyone else who is keeping a positive mind about the costume and the movie period.

It's only one freaking picture people, calm down, sheesh talk about judging a book by it's cover :P

Draco69
The costume sucks. Period. Will the movie suck? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not a fan of Singer's work sooo..

They could have renovated the costume to make it more modern. As they did for the other comic book movies. And Batman.

Spandex doesn't work in movies. It's a golden rule. It worked then, it doesn't work now. They should renovate it. And get rid of the blasted underwear.

Mr Parker
Having seen the pics of him of what he looks like and what he looks like as well in the superman outfit I am for sure going to miss this movie.He is way too young for the role.I have said it before and I will say it again,unlike most comicbook films,superman was an awesom film and there is no need to restart it unlike there is with the batman franchise.

jedi90
i kinda like the new costume. singer said supes costume in this movie is based more on george reeves, 1930 serials, and the fletcher cartoons than the 1978 version. this new costume is not made out of the same spandex the old one was, if you look a little closer you'll see its more like spiderman's new spandex. the cape looks like it may be made of some sort of leather. the boots are shorter and the S shield is placed on the costume, not apart of it.
i do agree that since this movie takes place after superman II and he has been gone from earth for serveral years he should look alot more mature or older instead younger and fresh out of college.
the colors and most of the look pays homage to old school superman suits.

Abbita
I think all you die hard superman fans should be happy Singer didnt put him in black leather wink

TheFilmProphet
laughing

BlackC@t
That new costume looks old school. I like the new look, it's cool.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Having seen the pics of him of what he looks like and what he looks like as well in the superman outfit I am for sure going to miss this movie.He is way too young for the role.I have said it before and I will say it again,unlike most comicbook films,superman was an awesom film and there is no need to restart it unlike there is with the batman franchise.

So you're not going to go see this comic-book movie that betray* its' origins?

How shocking! rolleyes1

*cough*Just-Like-Spider-Man*cough* smile

DirectorFitz
originally posted by abbina

Amen. That's what Burton was gonna do.

ayjay
i think the red is fine...the sign is too small...although i like te whole '3d' look of the sign...the "s" on the belt is dumb...the blue would have been netter if it was darker. o0o...and the collar...yeah..too small....imo..if they made this costume with the same desgin they used in the 'Lois n Clark' series it would have looke so much better. ( not the funny material..but the design)...yeaah...the sign on his chest is way too small....needs to be bigger...*sigh

BlackC@t
You fans are too picky.

Just be thankful they're doing a Superman movie for god-shakes!

wuTa
if there not going to do it right than whats there to be thankful about?

TheFilmProphet
Exactly,

LousyBoy
Blackcat.. your the only one here with sense. For some reason these people are AGAISNT movies being made...whether they like it or not LOTS of people are gonna like it but for some reason.... they dont want that joy to be brought to them. They just want what THEY WANT and dont care if anyone who is looking forward to these movies are happy seeing a new movie or not. These people truley have no soul.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by LousyBoy
Blackcat.. your the only one here with sense. For some reason these people are AGAISNT movies being made...

We are not against this film(s) being made, we are against studios and directors making a mockery of perhaps the most popular media icon in history.

ayjay
i agree....i'm all for a superman movie...but..the costume they have for him is just not good...i've already stated my reasons why i dun like it...but all they had to do was change a few littel things and the entire image of superman wuld have looked great...but alas...they didnt....*sigh

BlackC@t
They're not making the movie just for you fans.

You may think "They owe us to have a decent costume!"
Not true, they don't owe you fans anything.

If anything, you owe them.

wuTa
thats gotta be the biggest bunch of bullshit i;ve ever heard....if we dont see the movie than the studios/producers/directors ect. can't pay the bills for there mansions, cars, high class hookers and whatever else they piss there money away on.....if they're gonna make a movie and expect people to see it, you better bet your ass they more than owe it to us to make a good movie

ayjay
yes...i agree..though maybe not quite to that extent...but indeed...if they decided to completely botch up a comic icon...and fans dont watch it...then who's gonna watch it?...you walk into any comic book movie...and at LEAST half the ppl there will be fans of the character or comic...but then again.....fans will still go see it..cos they fans...they wont be able to help themselves....and once they've payed the mopney to see it...thats cash in the box.....sure, they'll come out syain hpw gay it was...but they still watched it ^__^

LousyBoy
Wow... these people actually THINK that Hollywood would listen to the general consenses and see what you fans like? How else would you expect them to make a movie you like? Your not fans to the movie makers, your money Signs to them. So take it for what it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.