The White Stripes release tracklisting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
"The White Stripes will release their fifth album, titled Get Behind Me Satan, on June 6th in the UK/Europe and June 7th in the US. This new album was recorded in Detroit at Jack's Third Man Studios, mixed in Memphis at Ardent Studios and mastered in New York City at Masterdisk.

The album contains 13 original songs, all of them written on piano, acoustic guitar and marimba. The first single is "Blue Orchid," you will be able to purchase it at your local record store on May 30th (UK) and May 31st (US).

Jack describes this record as an exploration of "characters and the ideal of truth."

Track listing for Get Behind Me Satan is:

1. Blue Orchid
2. The Nurse
3. My Doorbell
4. Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)
5. Little Ghost
6. The Denial Twist
7. White Moon
8. Instinct Blues
9. Passive Manipulation
10. Take, Take, Take
11. As Ugly As I Seem
12. Red Rain
13. I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)"

Really looking forward to this album.

-AC

Red Superfly
Oh cool, I'm a huge White Stripes fan.

Korri
woah we get something a day before the Americans for a change??!

Victor Von Doom
We often do with albums, because their releases are on a Tuesday I think.

Solo
I really do like their new cd, maybe better then any other WS album.

StinkFist462
yes their new cd is great, i dunno De Stijl is really good .

Deathblow
Pre-ordered it a lil while ago, still hasn't come. I'm angry.

And De Stijl is my favorite too, although Ball And Biscuit is by far their best song IMO.

Korri
Originally posted by Deathblow
Pre-ordered it a lil while ago, still hasn't come. I'm angry.

And De Stijl is my favorite too, although Ball And Biscuit is by far their best song IMO.

Yeah i think i would have to agree with you there.

Balls to 'em Sam, make a complaint.

Df02
i have Blue Orchid on vinyl - go team
The Nurse is the B-side

cad
cool

mordamor22
Wow, this cd is awesome but I don't think it is their best......It's very unique

Red Superfly
Yeah I'm enjoying this album a lot.

Takes a couple of listens, but then I was like that with every other Stripes album.

There's a couple of songs I'll always skip I think. There's a couple of slow piano-type songs that are an aquired taste and you need to be in a certain frame of mind to be botherred with, but the rest is great.

I think the lyrics are some of White's best yet. Some really good lines in most of the songs.

I love it when the chorus of "Take, Take, Take" kicks in, it sounds like a Dalek from Doctor Who. Sounds really cool.

Red Superfly
bumpins

darth_royke
from what i've heard of the album, its not as good as their other albums. but i will have to get into it more before i make a final judgement. they did however play a cracking set at glastonbury, i was thoroughly impressed and meg white looked gorgeoussmile

MildPossession
Did anyone see their set at the Glastonbury Festival, it was wonderful.

Red Superfly
I don't think their lastest album is their best album, that goes to White Blood Cells I'd have to admit, but Get Behind Me Satan is fantastic.

It takes a while to get used to, and even though the lack of the typical full-sounding crunchy guitar that the Stripes are famous for may not be instantly satisfying, it grew on me.

I don't think anyone will like it instantly. I think people will seem dissapointed at the lack of instance. These people are morons to be honest, and the fact they haven't given the album long enough to set shows how immature they are.

It is slightly due to the fact the album was marketed behind "Blue Orchid" which is also the first track on the album and the first single to be released. It may have set the wrong kind of tone for some. It's a fast, typical, pounding, catchy song that really stands alone with the rest of the highly contrasted songs.

However, some people have sat through it many times and still aren't satisfied, which at least is commendable.

The only recommendation is to give it a try, but seriously, don't make your decision after listening to it just the once. It is also a hark back to the stuff they did before White Blood Cells, on the likes of De Stijl. Elephant was the most pop-like album which is understandable considerring it's success. I admire the balls of the Stripes to do what they want, when they feel like it. They new the sound of "Elephant 2" would appease, but not do anything of merit.

I personally wish there were two less piano-based wanderring songs and a couple more Blue Orchids just to shake things up a bit, but I can live with it as it is.

Will be buying their next album, put it that way.

furryman
Originally posted by MildPossession
Did anyone see their set at the Glastonbury Festival, it was wonderful.
yeah, even more amazing there

StinkFist462
i'm gonna go check them out when they come to Minneapolis w00t.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.