Revan & Sidious v.s. NJO Luke & Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jackstain
i say the sith....but cmon its a good fight.

ArthasKnight
I say the Sith as well. Can anyone guess why i say so?

Ganner Rhysode
Sidious beats Yoda in a lightsaber duel, so I'd say he has it there. As for Revan versus NJO Luke... No way of knowing here, but I'm going to keep my faith in the true Dark Lord of the Sith, myself.

Fishy
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
I say the Sith as well. Can anyone guess why i say so?

Because your betting on Revan being able to beat the two of them alone?

ArthasKnight
Nope. Anyone who knows me in here will be able to guess why. I suggest (if you really want to know why) that you find some of my earlier posts.

Darth_Nefarus
I think Yoda would take down Revan while Luke slapped Sidious.

Darth_Janus
That's hilarious, Nerfarus. Yoda couldn't defeat Revan, and while NJO Luke I think is more than a match for Sidious, the battle could easily go int he Sith's favor. And perhaps the best reasons for that are as follows:

Sidious was able to manhandle Yoda by using his own energy against him, so I've heard. That would be an incredible advantage. Sidious could perhaps defeat Yoda early in the melee, and then assist Revan in defeating Luke.

Luke is a form V practitioner, like Vader. Not exactly a style known for killing Sith. Especially two of the most powerful Sith lords of all time.

The dark side hurts people. Like, bad. The light side of the Force maybe makes you faster. If that.

Revan was notorious for having Echani like reflexes, even for a Jedi knight (See the conversation with the Handmaiden for more details) He was able to defeat Mandalore and Yusanis... (Sue me if the spelling's wrong on that one). He was pretty much unrivaled in saber combat, or else he would have been disposed of sooner and at a much closer range.

Sidious and Revan are both geniuses. While Yoda is wise and Luke is badass, both would be outclassed mentally. That's not even approaching the faults in their saber training, and in their knowledge of using the Force in combat.

Darth_Nefarus
IMO Yoda could defeat Revan, or keep him busy long enough for Luke to kill Sidious and join Yoda.

Darth Mantis
that's a possibility.

Darth_Nefarus
Yeah, because Luke could take either of them one on one, it would just be super hard.

jackstain
I agree 100% with Janus

Darth_Glentract
NJO Luke is a badass pimp and could definately take Revan

Darth_Nefarus
I dunno man, the force really likes Luke and he's kinda the "chosen one to replace the chosen one", ya know?

But you're right, likely the Sith would pound their skulls.

Darth_Janus
I thought so. No disrespect to two of my favorite Jedi, either.

jackstain
Sidious destroys yoda....then helps revan kill luke.

Darth_Nefarus
Possibly, Luke kinda has the obi-wan luck thing going for him

Board Walker
Is this grey Revan? Because if so then his mastery of the light and dark would pull off the victory for team 1.

Revan could force sever Luke and Yoda, and then use force rage/lightning to kill them.

Emperordmb
No... Just no.

Board Walker
Why not? Yoda and Luke would have no connection to the force and thus be a power level of mere humans, Revan could just punch them to death after that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He wouldn't sever them in the first place.

Board Walker
Well not usually due to his kinder nature, but this is a versus match so he would be fighting to win at all cost. That is why he would sever them, or explode them.

FreshestSlice
No that when I type this, I am being genuine:

LOL

First show were Revan can sever the Force of anyone, that's one power I don't remember him having. Second, Revan can't "explode" anyone. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

He can't move at hypersonic speeds.
Let's consider Force in Balance canon, he's already done what's impossible for everyone else, so it probably requires a lot of strength and effort, he can't spam it.
Even if he could, it won't make anyone explode
His saber skills are not the best, and he himself is a Form VI user, no advantages there
He's below everyone else here in the Force.
He's below everyone else here in sabers

He's not wtfpwning anyone. erm

DarthAnt66
Educate yourself. Revan is skilled in all forms of lightsaber combat and uses whatever suits the circumstances the best.
I would say in combat against powerful Jedi/Sith, Juyo would be his dominant form actually, not Niman like you are suggesting.
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-lightsaber-abilities-overview/97613/

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"However, it is my unofficial opinion that Revan would generally have used "Form VI - Niman". This form works well for anyone who is intelligent and adaptable, as Revan obviously was. It has no real weaknesses, and even though it is not as aggressive as other forms it enables the user to unleash powerful Force abilities more easily during combat. Revan was skilled in lightsaber combat, but knew true strength came from using all the other Force abilities in conjunction with lightsaber combat. Form VI would allow Revan to spend less time focusing on lightsaber skills, and more time developing other Force powers."
―Drew Karpyshyn (Author)

DarthAnt66
thumb up He uses Juyo against the Jedi Strike Team on his flagship and against the Sith Strike Team on the Foundry. He has only used Niman against the Imperial Guard in lore, though most likely uses it in other places as well.

FreshestSlice
That is true, though he seemed confident enough to use it in his and Malak's "battle" with Vitiate, at least the opening stance.

DarthAnt66
If we are talking illustrations, Shien blows all the rest away. He is demonstrated using the reverse-grip in over 4 pictures, some of which are in combat situations.

FreshestSlice
Illustrations have reason to not be canon, bar that certain one, so I don't see why not.

I still don't see him as above anyone else in the match. And he's definitely not severing Luke and Yoda. Team 1 has a chance. A really good chance. But he's not obliterating anyone.

DarthAnt66
Eh, I consider the illustrations canonical, though to an extent of course.

But I agree. Revan is the weak link here.

Nephthys
Team 1 doesn't really have a chance, imo.

DarthAnt66
Eh, Sidious and Yoda are rought equals.
Luke and Revan are not... no expression
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111149046/3888735-starwarsinvasion200405.jpg

Nephthys
Yeah.

FreshestSlice
I wouldn't put Yoda as an equal to DE Sidious. Team 2 still has the better team though.

DarthAnt66
Updated Version http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif:
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/73/92/12/update10.jpg

Board Walker
Tier 1
Mortis anakin, The father, The Son, The Daughter

Tier 2
Abeloth, Nihilus

Tier 3
Emperor Vitate, Luke Skywalker

Tier 3.5
Grey Revan, Darth Caedus

Tier 4
DE Sidious, Malgus

Tier 4.5
ROTS Yoda, ROTS Palpatine

Tier 5
Dooku

Tier 5.5
Windu

Nephthys
thumb up

Galen Marek should be Luke tier though.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Board Walker
Tier 1
Mortis anakin, The father, The Son, The Daughter

Tier 2
Abeloth, Nihilus

Tier 3
Emperor Vitate, Luke Skywalker

Tier 3.5
Grey Revan, Darth Caedus

Tier 4
DE Sidious, Malgus

Tier 4.5
ROTS Yoda, ROTS Palpatine

Tier 5
Dooku

Tier 5.5
Windu
You put DE Sidious below Revan and Vitiate. DE Sidious who has feats well above both Revan and Caedus as well as Vitiate. Wow.

Nephthys
Meh, not well above.

DarthAnt66
Revan can split atoms. erm

Nephthys
DE Sidious can split planets. Even Galen "Frigatesbane" Marek is no match for a lesser version of him.

DarthAnt66
Revan can form a Force in Balance attack that can destroy the whole cosmos.

FreshestSlice
True enough, I should be more insulted that Marek isn't on the list.

Anyway I'd say:

Tier 0- Ones and Abeloth(as in don't include these people in a 1 v 1 debate.)
Tier 1- Luke
Tier 1.5- DE Sidious and Vitate
Tier 2, Yoda, Caedus , Vader(though farther down the chain)
Tier 3, Dooku, Revan, Anakin, Mace
Tier 4, Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto

Nephthys
Marek can destroy your dick with the ultimate wank.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Luke shouldn't be in a tier of his own. Sidious and Yoda are right up their with him, most likely.

maybe Vitiate http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/1390042426.gif

NewGuy01
If I can be convinced of his skill feats, I'd argue it's possible.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He had the skill to defeat Sidious. cool

NewGuy01
But not Desann.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Desann is Just. That. Good.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
But not Desann.

thumb up

Luke is PIS given form. He is however powerful the writer wants him to be.

Board Walker
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Anyway I'd say:

Tier 1- Luke

Mortis anakin demonstrated he was above the Ones in power, thus he should be above them. Abeloth was weaker than the ones, thus abeloth would be below the ones .

DE Sidious has powerful large scale force powers, but is rather weak when it comes to one versus one duels as seen when he fought Luke skywalker at the end of DE.

Caedus was near equal with Luke, which would put him far above DE sidious, yoda, and vader. Furthermore Caedus was stated to be 10x more powerful than vader. Thus I would modify the list to look something like this

Tier Alpha/Omega
1. Grey Revan
(This is theoretical Grey Revan at full potential, ancestor of the ones and unity of the force incarnate).

Tier 0 -
1. Mortis Anakin (There was a star wars infinity issue where Mortis Anakin escaped Mortis with the son, Anakin then slaughtered Yoda and Sidious simultaneously. They had allied in order to fight Anakin.)

Tier 1-
1. The Father
2. The Son
3. The Daughter

Tier 1.5 -
1. Nihilus (his ability to devour all force related entities)
2. Abeloth (Slightly weaker than the ones),

Tier 2-
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Emperor Vitate

Tier 2.5 -
1. Revan
2. Caedus
(Both of these individuals are slightly weaker than vitate and luke, but not by much at all)

Tier 3 -
1. DE Sidious (he has strong long/wide range powers, but not that great in a one versus one setting). He is well above tier 3 individuals, but weaker than tier 2.5 individuals who excel in one versus one combat.
2. Exar Kun

Tier 3.5 -
1. ROTS Sidious
2. ROTS Yoda
3. Darth Vader
(these individuals are slightly above tier 4 entities, but below DE sidious).

Tier 4 -
1. Dooku
2. Malgus
3. Windu

Tier 5 -
1. Everyone else in mythos/Galen Marek

Emperordmb
DE Sidious has powerful large scale force powers, but is rather weak when it comes to one versus one duels as seen when he fought Luke skywalker at the end of DE.

Caedus was near equal with Luke, which would put him far above DE sidious, yoda, and vader. Furthermore Caedus was stated to be 10x more powerful than vader. Thus I would modify the list to look something like this

Tier Alpha/Omega
1. Grey Revan
(This is theoretical Grey Revan at full potential, ancestor of the ones and unity of the force incarnate).

watch?v=3_8DUsl1Ea4

Fated Xtasy
snip for sheer stupidity

Look i dont't know how old you are or whether your trolling or not. but unless you actually want to be the fool of this forum i'd suggest you stop with the fandom and idiocy. it makes you look like a damn fool, so please for the love of all things star wars stop spewing your damnable and illogical views

Nephthys
No, tone it up. I wanna see where this rabbit-hole leads us.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Look i dont't know how old you are or whether your trolling or not. but unless you actually want to be the fool of this forum i'd suggest you stop with the fandom and idiocy. it makes you look like a damn fool, so please for the love of all things star wars stop spewing your damnable and illogical views

No fandom here, only unbiased truth.

FreshestSlice
Mortis anakin demonstrated he was above the Ones in power, thus he should be above them. Abeloth was weaker than the ones, thus abeloth would be below the ones .

That's not quite how tiers work. Abeloth being weaker than the Ones doesn't stop her from being in the same tier.

First of all, Mortis Anakin isn't the Anakin of the everyday, otherwise he'd be the single strongest character in the mythos. He doesn't count when ranking Anakin's power.

Not a fair comparison of DE Sidious. DE Sidious conformtably beat Luke in sabers until he was being amped by Leia with her Battle Mediationesque help.

Nope. He's nowhere near FotJ Luke which is Luke at his peak. He only fought Luke when he was distraught. With a clear mind, Luke held Caedus down with the Force alone.

If Caedus were 10x more powerful than Vader he would be stronger than anyone else in the mythos. I honestly don't know where you could have validated this.

http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/michael-jordan-lol.gif
I'll admit, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Emperordmb
Honestly this is more biased than any of the shit I've seen from LeGenD or Carthage.

Fated Xtasy

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1057764/facepalm-star-trek-o.gif

Board Walker
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1057764/facepalm-star-trek-o.gif

I too am a fan of Star trek, although I wouldn't include captain picard in this ranking.

However, if we are including ability to lead, strategize, and be a solid general than I would rank Captain Picard in Tier 1.

The only one surpassing Captain Picard would be Captain James T. Kirk in Tier Alpha/Omega.

DarthAnt66
LMFAO

NewGuy01
Lmao this is great.

You guys are being trolled so hard, and are still walking into it every single time.

Like you always do.

FreshestSlice
Lmao this is great.

You guys are being trolled so hard, and are still walking into it every single time.

Like you always do.
I still talk to PT, so why not BW?

Nephthys
Lmao this is great.

Like you always do.

No, really???

I thought this was super srs hour.

Board Walker
Just to be clear, I am very serious with my posts.

I know that some of you are likely interpreting some of my posts as "not sincere" or "pounding the clam". The truth of the matter is that my opinion just happens to be different from the norm held here, thus most of you perceive it as being "a joke".

I implore each and everyone of you to widen your horizons, and see past your own limitations of perception. To see more than what you simply want to see, have seen, and believe you only can see.

Then you will see that every ranking is genuine due to differing perceptions of the characters abilities.

Nephthys
I don't even know what "pounding the clam" means.

Why would you even pound a clam, whats the point? confused

Emperordmb
Ranking anybody above the Ones and Potential Anakin is ****ing stupid.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ranking anybody above the Ones and Potential Anakin is ****ing stupid.

Grey Revan is the force united itself, he is beyond light and dark which is as far the Ones went.

The Ones were limited by the division of the force, they knew it existed in unison but were only able to manifest as extreme concentrations of it individually.

Revan surpassed the ones by manifesting in a tangible form that was all aspects of the force simultaneously. That is why Grey Revan could do Force Sever storm, where he makes form storms that rain force sever beams.

FreshestSlice
Marry me.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, really???

I thought this was super srs hour.

My fellow SWF lackeys are attempting to counter trolling with actual arguments. This is stupid.

carthage
Team 2. Revan is a wart on Sidious's ass

S_W_LeGenD

Anyway I'd say:

Tier 1- Luke
I would make some adjustments:-

Tier 0 - The Ones; Abeloth; Emperor Vitiate (max)
Tier 1 - Darth Sidious (DE); Emperor Vitiate (min)
Tier 2 - Luke Skywalker
Tier 3 - Yoda; Darth Caedus; Revan
Tier 4 - Mace Windu
Tier 5 - Count Dooku; Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
Tier 6 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-
-
-
Tier 10 - Kit Fisto

Sinious
Grey Revan is the force united itself, he is beyond light and dark which is as far the Ones went.

The Ones were limited by the division of the force, they knew it existed in unison but were only able to manifest as extreme concentrations of it individually.

Revan surpassed the ones by manifesting in a tangible form that was all aspects of the force simultaneously. That is why Grey Revan could do Force Sever storm, where he makes form storms that rain force sever beams.

LMAO

Do you even know anything about Revan? He isn't even close to top 10 force users and The ones are the peak of that hierarchy.

Claiming whatever you want to believe is not the same thing with presenting learned opinions.

Nalaniel
Tier Alpha/Omega
1. Grey Revan

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Sidious > Vitiate

FreshestSlice

Tier 1 - Darth Sidious (DE); Emperor Vitiate (min)
Tier 2 - Luke Skywalker
Tier 3 - Yoda; Darth Caedus; Revan
Tier 4 - Mace Windu
Tier 5 - Count Dooku; Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
Tier 6 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-
-
-
Tier 10 - Kit Fisto
lolno

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nalaniel
Sidious > Vitiate
No

lolno
Yes

It is the most accurate assessment. Most logical at-least.

FreshestSlice
>Comparing Vitiate to the Ones(still), despite the fact that Sidious is ranked higher than him knowing full well he existed
>Ranking Revan in Yoda's tier
>Pretending that Anakin and Vader are in the same tier and are not on par with Revan
>Ranking Mace above Dooku and Anakin, as well as Vader
>underrating Fisto like no other

There's nothing logical or accurate about your assessment.

Nephthys
DE Sidious isn't a tier above Luke.

S_W_LeGenD
>Comparing Vitiate to the Ones(still), despite the fact that Sidious is ranked higher than him knowing full well he existed
Sidious isn't ranked higher then The Ones and Emperor Vitiate. This is fanon assumption.

According to Legends, Emperor Vitiate is the most powerful Force-user ever. According to canon, The Ones are possibly the most powerful Force-users. Contradiction or disagreement in this matter exists at official capacity.

>Ranking Revan in Yoda's tier
Why not? His performance on Star Forge? His quick dismissal of Darth Nyriss? His performance against the Imperial Strike Team after enduring 300 years of torture? His command of the Force being superior to the most powerful members of Sith Triumvirate? His ability to attain Oneness condition at will?

Revan have the necessary hype and raw power display to be ranked on par with Yoda. And this is generous assessment.

>Pretending that Anakin and Vader are in the same tier and are not on par with Revan
Revan is stronger then either.

Anakin Skywalker never reached his prime. He did loose his strength after injuries but he compensated for this shortcoming with better understanding of the Force later on.

>Ranking Mace above Dooku and Anakin, as well as Vader
Mace's performance against Darth Sidious should count.

>underrating Fisto like no other
Obi-Wan is better then him.

There's nothing logical or accurate about your assessment.
I am not convinced.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
DE Sidious isn't a tier above Luke.
Sidious (DE) is more powerful then Luke, IMO.

Sidious exceeded his natural potential during this time and acquired extraordinary powers, he could level cities or destroy whole fleets at this point.

Luke likely had higher potential then Sidious at natural level. But Sidious (DE) is different ballgame, unnatural.

Kotor3

Anyway I'd say:

Tier 1- Luke

Great list. The only change I see is Revan should be tier two. I rank him above Dooku and Mace.

FreshestSlice
Sidious isn't ranked higher then The Ones and Emperor Vitiate. This is fanon assumption.

Who ranked Sidious above the Ones? No one. However, Sidious is above Vitiate, being the most powerful Sith lord of all time by all in mythos accounts.

The only evidence I have seen for Vitiate being above the Ones is off handed statements that you constantly spam in every thread about him before saying you hope Disney shows how powerful he really is.

None of that is in Yoda's tier. And using one offs as a showing of ones power level is never a good tactic.

And Anakin has raw power to make him the strongest character in the mythos. That doesn't mean he is. That also doesn't put him in Yoda's tier.

Not really. And being stronger than someone doesn't stop them from being in the same tier than you.

Revan never reached his prime, and even then he has never shown anything that would stop him from being in the same tier as Anakin. Revan is firmly in the Dooku tier of power levels, though stronger than Dooku himself. This is not a ranking list.

Even in the novel it's stated as a showing of Vaapad's strength, not Mace's base power.

And? Again, this is a list of tiers.

Perhaps if I had Vitiate read it to you, that would change your mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.