Batman versus Solid Snake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
In a city with alot of jungle like parks.

mr.smiley
my comic book side says batman
my video ide says snake
my heart says.......................................................
snake!

but i might change my mind

Blade Cutter
Snake has this one he can dodge bullets hes stronger just as stealthy as bats just as smart in battle and just as fast on his feet.Look at the people Snake has fought most of them could give hero's like spider-man or wolverine a run for there money.With no prep time Batman go's down and even with prep time if you give snake a sec to thank he might still win.

Nataku8188
Batman will kick snakes ass all over the place. Master of every martial art, fights cosmic enemies, able to defeat every member of the JLA, yeah. This is definitly Batman.

jplatinum
Snake will have a little trouble with Batman in the first 30 seconds of the fight, then he will deminate the rest of the fight easily.
Cyber ninja would kill Batman and Batman couldn't touch him.
Snake whoops Cyber ninja so imagine what Snake will do to Bruce Wayne. It won't be pretty.

jplatinum
Snake will have a little trouble with Batman in the first 30 seconds of the fight, then he will deminate the rest of the fight easily.
Cyber ninja would kill Batman and Batman couldn't touch him.
Snake whoops Cyber ninja so imagine what Snake will do to Bruce Wayne. It won't be pretty.

Btq. Batman does get points cause he could even go toe to toe with Snake for alittle bit.
That is a feat in itself, but Snake is just too much for Batman to handle.
Snake is his superior in everyway. Only thing Batman has on him is knowing every martial-art, which will do him no good cause he can only use a few at a time. Snake can do the same. So Batman pretty much doesn't win. If he were to pull off a victory it would be just barely.

Snake wins 7/10.

Metalmanx
...Are you serious?

Don't you know the kind of enemies Batman regularly defeats? Sure Snake defeats what...Cyber Ninja and such, and is stealthy and stuff like that. But Batman, for one, is in PEAK human condition (already making him stronger and faster than Snake), knows a plethora of martial arts and how to apply them very well, has the awesome weaponry/gadgets of his utility belt, and he's just smart as hell in combat. He just knows what to do to get the job done.

Now, please don't mistake me for one of those psychotic fanboys, because I'm not. I really don't even like Batman that much at all, nor do I really like Snake much either. But I do know comics, and I do know Batman's stats and abilities, and I do know video games, and I do know Snake's stats and abilities, and I do know that in a fight, Batman would easily win.

It's just a fact.

jplatinum
Snake is peak human.
So your point is?
Exactly.

srankmissingnin
Grey Fox didn't fight Snake full out. The fight is a horrible example of not only Grey Fox's ability but Snake's as well.

leonheartmm
srankmissingnin, we can talk ALLLLLL day about fox goin full out or not, n u wont get anywhere, fox DID go all out on snake, n i have many realllllyyy long points about y that is if u wanna discuss this again{ i sure as hell dont}, anyway this is all dependant on the fans, if u like snake, well he wins,if u like bats better, than there are always arguments to support his victory{which DO have some logic to them} but i personally think that snake is a greater warrior than bats will ever be.

srankmissingnin
You and I both know Jaeger wasn't going all out. Just watch all of Fox's cut scence that dont involve his fight with Snake... and then watch that one. Its pretty easy to put two and two together after that but incase you are still stuck... it equals 4.

leonheartmm
it Yeager, ive seen all the cutscenes in both the original game n the game cube remake, nuthin makes me believe that frank wasnt goin all out, its just UR opinnion

srankmissingnin
Sigh, if you say so buddy and I am almost 100% sure it Jaeger

EDIT: Being a German name Jaeger might sound like Yeager... but I'm not sure. I do know that Frank is half German so...

Blade Cutter
He was not going all out on him two examples one he did not use his cannon two the way he fought when Snake used a gun on him you could not touch Gray Fox.But look Snake was strong enough to hurt him some thing no gun could do and a 8 or 10 ton Metal Gear with with missiles lasers and a turret plus tried to step on Gray Fox and he stopped its foot with his strength had trouble going.Now hows Batman going to dill with that with out prep time this is the same kind of crap talk from people that say Batman can beat Spider-man with out any prep time.and Batman fast can Batman dodge bullets I mean really dodge bullets not duck and hide because Snake can dodge bullets.

srankmissingnin
Snake can't dodge bullets, he has that one sniper bullet dodging feat and even that is shaky at best. Seems to me he just flipped at the right time.

Blade Cutter
No I can name three times of the top of my head when he dodge them car fight with Liquid,when Meryl first shot at him,as he was down that lift to fight Raven and those guys dropped out of know where,and in MGS2 tanker level in the fight against Olga and she said there's not many who can dodge my shots.

Blade Cutter
Snake ran on top of a missile in twin snake play twin snake there are so many times he dodges bullets in it they redid all the cut scenes he dose matrix shit in it.

Fanboy
Okay I got to say this Batman does not know every martial art in the wolrd he knows like 5 only and crap and I think you guys under rate Batman. Batman has a big chance of beating Snake I hardly see him using some martial arts and crap ya know I think Batman would win.

Pointinel
lol

you searched for this?

black robb
Originally posted by jplatinum
Snake is peak human.
So your point is?
Exactly. whatever happened to JPlatinum?

black robb
Originally posted by Pointinel
lol

you searched for this? DARK MARVEL 4 LIFE!

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by Fanboy
Okay I got to say this Batman does not know every martial art in the wolrd he knows like 5 only and crap and I think you guys under rate Batman. Batman has a big chance of beating Snake I hardly see him using some martial arts and crap ya know I think Batman would win.

sir....bats is a master of every martial art. read his profile in the JLA TPB 2 (american dreams)

who?-kid
Batman against Snake ?

This is ridiculous. Snake is a game character (yeah I know there are some comics too, but basically he IS a game character).

Different rules for game characters. Snake doesn't heal himself, the player heals Snake. Snake doesn't reload, the player reloads. Snake doesn't beat bosses, the player beats them (mostly with the aid of a walkthrough).

Oh yeah, Snake, as clever as he may be, can't hold a candle against Batmans intelligence, hasn't half as much experience and knows, hm, I don't know, 7 or 8 moves ?

Impressive lol.

Wanderer259
Solid Snake is an expert free-climber, parachutist, and scuba diver with an extensive knowledge of martial arts, weapons, and an IQ of 180. He's damn good with a gun, has dodged bullets, single-handedly defeated bipedal, nuclear warhead-launching battletanks and superhuman enemies multiple times. He's known as the 'Man Who Makes the Impossible Possible' or somesuch.

He's got a chance against Batman, but he's less likely to win, I think. Batman 6-8/10.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Wanderer259
Solid Snake is an expert free-climber, parachutist, and scuba diverOkay forget the free-climbing, parachuting and scuba diving, that is not gonna help him against Batman.

Extensive knowledge ? Are you sure ? I mean, very sure ? When I play with him - I played all three MGS and the third one rocked - I can use only a few moves. That's it.

He's not even on Punisher level with a gun.

Single-handedly with a big bazooka wink

Lol, that's just PR-talk.

Make that 9/10 and we have a deal.

Wanderer259
You're basing a lot off of a game's "rules", whereas I'm just using what little bio information can be gleaned off of little plot documents and whatnot. There's a difference. Batman can't do 90% of the things he does in videogames, and thus, if you're going to use the virtual version of Snake, use the virtual version of Batman.

There's not much to go on as far as Snake goes, however.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Wanderer259
You're basing a lot off of a game's "rules"
That's correct, but I have a reason : Snake IS a game character and Batman IS a comic character.

It's not more than logic that we use the most known "versions" of the characters. If you have to believe everything we read about Snake... I can also create a website in which I write that Snake is the Ultimate Warrior. But that doesn't mean shit cause we sure don't see it in the games.

Snake is famous and popular in the games, so I'll use the games as a reference. Batman is famous and popular in the comics, so I'll use the comics as a reference.

But like I said, comparing game characters and comic characters is a very bad idea. Different rules.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by who?-kid
He's not even on Punisher level with a gun.

he is when i use him wink

who?-kid
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
he is when i use him wink
When you play it on easy I bet stick out tongue

Wanderer259
The stuff I got a hold of is all from official Konami sources - books, etc.

Agreed on the rules thing. Snake isn't much of a comic character yet. With the MGS2 comic coming in October, which is supposedly going to be different from the game, we might see some stuff to actually use. At the moment, I don't know why he keeps being brought up here.

EsteemedLeader
sure, snake can take on a military base full of terrorists, super-soldiers, and bipedal nuclear tanks. but in a 1on1 with batman, im going with bats. if snake has his codec he can talk to the guys and be on about the same strategic level. but bats is a better h2h fighter and his gadgets are better than snakes guns. this is a context thing. snake is perfectly trained as an INFILTRATOR. batman will win in a close proximity encounter.

Wanderer259
Agreed. I think Snake's intelligent, experienced, and skilled enough to pull out at least one win, two or three if I really want to push my Snake fanboyism.

Yes, I admit it.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by who?-kid
When you play it on easy I bet stick out tongue

actually i beat the games on every difficulty level except easy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.