Atris vs. Bastila

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis
No comment.

Darth_Glentract
Bastila

Fishy
Atris...

Bastila may have been more powerful after the Star Forge but we have no idea on that, before however Atris was a Master and Bastila was just an important pupil becuase of Battle Meditation. Her fighting skills aren't all that great and her command of the force isn't really that impressive either.

Atris was a member of the Jedi Council, you don't become that without being wise and powerful.

ArthasKnight
Atris was a Jedi Master, 'nuff said.

Bastila was a whiny little Jedi Knight who knew a special ability.

Atris wins.

Darth_Glentract
Atris was a historian and couci member, NO FEILD TIME. sword fighting skills getter worse without pratice and Bastila was out fighting.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Atris was a historian and couci member, NO FEILD TIME. sword fighting skills getter worse without pratice and Bastila was out fighting.

How do you know that? She was still a member of the Jedi Council, you can't tell me you get in there without having an exceptional command of the force and some good lightsaber skills... There are plenty of other historians in the universe that could replace her otherwise... Besides for all that she knows about history she knows surprisingly little, so if that was the only reason the council choice her the council was insane.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Hmm, i'd like to say Bastilla, but unfortunatly atris wld probabl win. Atris was a right b*tch tho lol. I love it in kotor 2 when u get to kick her ass.

Darth_Glentract
To be a council member you only need to be wise, not good with a lightsaber

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
To be a council member you only need to be wise, not good with a lightsaber

She wasn't all that wise though, she was an idiot. Her judgement clouded and her mind was unable to think. She could not she the importance of history she just gathered info.

If Atris was the best historian the Jedi Council could come up with then the Jedi Council was filled with idiots and fools, there had to be other reasons for her to become a council member as well.

ArthasKnight
Well, the Jedi Council WAS filled with fools, but that's beside the point...

Darth_Janus
lol...

Atris was an inspiring historian, but on the side she was a council member and a diplomat. Meaning she got about as much experience as you could expect from a long career. We have no idea how old Atris is, but she's old enough to be a council member. Granted, she never trained a padawan, so her skills in some area must have been exceptional for her to be a member. And besides, she's an Echani. They revere combat in all its ways, and the Handmaiden herself says that Atris kept many holocrons and artifacts of Jedi warfare in her possession. No telling what she knew or didn't know. In any case, the final battle isn't accurate enough to tell us (Since at theat point the Exile can outduel anything)

Fishy
Inspiring historian? She may know history but she doesn't understand a thing about it.

Darth_Janus
I meant aspiring. As in, she had a long way to go. Lots of people can aspire to know history and some can know it, but it takes a special kind of mind to understand it and learn from it.

Revan Darkstar
Glantract, I noticed that you said that Atris was staying at home, not fighting and Bastila was. True, but Bastila was more a ship commander using her battle meditation. She did little (read: none) hand-to-hand combat. This is shown espically on Taris when you have to rescuse her from thugs. That is pathetic, a jedi knight being captured and held by thugs, Atris would never have let that happen to her.

About Atris not knowing much about history, yes it seems like that in the game, but she did have to know something. But in the game, she doesn't like you and wouldn't tell you anything, also her mind is clouded by the dark side.

Finally, like Janus said, she was an echani, and they knew combat, she could easily beat Bastila (who I never found impressive)

Fishy
Oh she knew history but i doubt she understood it...

If she did she made some really stupid mistakes for a historian...

Anyways i do agree with you guys, Atris would own Bastila

QuakeBlood
up

JKBart
atris imo

cs_zoltan
But Bastila replicated her door closing feat iirc.

Ursumeles
Bastila is faaaar hotter.
Anyways, Atris is more skilled, and Bastila is more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.