Abarat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkFire17
Has anyone here read Abarat by Clive Barker? If so, what did you think of it? thumbup1 I thought it was very cool, realistic in spite of the fact that it was very, very bizarre! big grin

badkittykitty
No I haven't read that but I have read The Hellbound Heart,Cabal and got H.R. Giger's Necronomicon for my brother (which of coarse is mostly gigers pictures) the 2 books had one thing in common besides being evil is he seems to fetish necrophilia,do you find that in Abarat?

lil bitchiness
Yes and I loved it. Just reading the second book, and the third one will be out very soon as I understand.

lil bitchiness
Third book has been scheduled for Spring 2009, but it looks like there will be a longer wait till summer.

I am so excited about it! It looks like there will be a fourth book of Abarat, as well.

Father Rahl
I've only read the first book. Interesting novel, I would like to read the second book some day.

Ericadawn
I love the pictures. Actually, it was the pictures that made me pick it up in the first place and then, I thought the story was interesting so I decided to get it.

It's the only product of Clive Barker I've read or seen all the way through.

Does anyone have a more specific release date for book three? Do we know what happens? What do you think will happen?

lil bitchiness
I have got to bump this thread again - I have been waiting for the third Abarat book for 2 years now, but there seems to be no news on when exactly it will be released.

Books 4 and 5 are on the way - if done well, this could be made into an epic epic movie series - given, I am yet to read the others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.