Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Anakin Skywalker(epi III)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis

Darth_Glentract
this goes to anakin no contest. anakin was supposed to beat one of the best of his day.

jackstain
are you serious with this thread? Anakin would win extremely easily.

Master Ferro
NO WAY Anakin would win did you even see the difference of light saber duels in episode 1 and 2. Sure he couldn't beat maul but thats because maul is the greatest sith duelist there ever was and annie couldn't even keep his arm. And just for the record Qui-Gon killed 103 dark jedi and is considered in episode 1 the book by terry brooks one of the greatest jedi of all times

Darth_Janus
First off, there is always a way. If there wasn't, Qui Gon would have been the Chosen One.

Second, Maulw as not the greatest Sith duelest ever. He's not even close.

Third, since when were there 103 dark Jedi in the times before the Naboo crisis?

Four, is Terry Brooks GL's stepson and equal partner in Lucasfilms? Otherwise, I don't think his word means that much. In any case, I bet you're either paraphrasing it wrong or using it out of context.

Fishy
How the hell did you get that Maul was the greatest sith duelist ever? He wasn't even the greatest of his time. He was arrogant fast and filled with anger. He would fall against anybody that could hold out for a little while. Maul may have been powerful he was no master at anything.

I didn't even know that Dark Jedi were around before TPM, let alone stand 103.. If there were Dark Jedi around then how come Yoda acts all confused when he finds out about Maul? Why would 104 be more special?

Anakin also lost his arm against Dooku, who is a far greater fighter then both Qui and Maul.

Anakin would win this fight

jackstain
greatest duelist of his time...i think most definately....but thats without force, just raw saber skills...but back to the topic....qui gon has no chance in hell of winning.

Fishy
Originally posted by jackstain
greatest duelist of his time...i think most definately....but thats without force, just raw saber skills...but back to the topic....qui gon has no chance in hell of winning.

Greatest of his time? You think he could beat Dooku? Yoda? Mace?

Darth_Glentract
He's Jackstain, what can you say.

ArthasKnight
Anakin wins, he's way too powerful for Qui-Gon to handle. If Qui-Gon couldn't beat Maul, I shudder to think of what Anakin would do to the poor old man.

jackstain
without force...um yea

Fishy
Thats foolish even without force powers those guys would easily win..

And without the force completly? All of them would be like baby's, hardly able to handle their weapons let alone stand put up a good fight, seeing as Maul uses a weapon thats much harder to handle and his skills rely much more on the use of the force he will die quicker then the others.. well maybe not Yoda but definitly quicker then Mace and Dooku.

Darth_Janus
Maul couldn't take on a level headed opponent with any amount of skill in a saber fight. I imagine even Kit Fisto or Luminara Unduli could take him if he didn't get the drop on them.

Darth Mantis
And the survey says... *DING*

jackstain
yea right....uve gone too far.

i have no choice

http://www.bananadine.com/m/alf.gif

Darth_Janus
lol

Darth_Nefarus
there is no without the force, because you need the force to do half of the cool thins Jedi do with the force.

Maul is exceptional, but he's not on par with Dooku or later versions of Obi-Wan

back to the topic at hand, Qui-Gonn would go down and hard. Anakin would focus the fact that Qui-Gonn couldn't save his mother and use it to destroy the wise Jedi

Vanquish
Anakin would beat Qui-gon, but it wouldn't be as easy as everyone says I don't think. Qui-gon in TPM is quite under rated imo. Ya he loses to Maul, but I think the movie, the books, and everything else kind of states that Qui-gon is just about the best there is at the time other then Yoda.

Still though, Anakin (e3) beats qui-gon at any time.

Master Ferro
I meant that Maul is the best sith duelist of his time and if you read the books he was in you would know that he killed that many. And theirs a difference between dark jedi and sith. Heres one he killed xantos. And Maul could not be beatan by kitty the smiling octopu$$y or luminaria

Darth_Janus
Yes, yes he could. Both of them were masters who were respected by the council and survivors of the battle of Geonosis and many other great battles. Separately, they have more battle experience than Maul, and Luminara for sure has a better command of the Force than Maul has demonstrated.

Darth_Nefarus
Maul was incredibly skilled, but best for his time, I'm not so sure.
If he would have survived into episode 2, then he would have rocked the house

Kiu Dun
Let's get beack on topic peeps.

exanda kane
Anakin would just break down in tears in front of Qui-Gon

jackstain
Originally posted by Master Ferro
I meant that Maul is the best sith duelist of his time and if you read the books he was in you would know that he killed that many. And theirs a difference between dark jedi and sith. Heres one he killed xantos. And Maul could not be beatan by kitty the smiling octopu$$y or luminaria

BAdas$....

You get a cookie.

and one 'a these! Happy Dance

Jedi Master DJC
Qui-Gon would defeat Anakin. Just like Obi-Won did. Anakin would have gotten arrogant and slipped up. Jinn would have sliced off a hand or two but would not have killed him.

Fishy
Anakin would have taken him, Anakin would have no reason to become Arrogant, Qui Gon was somebody he would have hated but didn't really know except for some vague memory's. He would have destroyed him. Besides Obi by ROTS is much better then Qui was

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Maul couldn't take on a level headed opponent with any amount of skill in a saber fight. I imagine even Kit Fisto or Luminara Unduli could take him if he didn't get the drop on them.

NO way! Maul trained his entire life to be the perfect Sith warrior. He's not perfect but he's close. No he's not the most powerful but even Qui-Gon says he is a living example of how to use the Force. Maul is level headed. And while he couldn't beat Mace or Dooku, Kit or almost any Jedi would lose to Maul. Qui-Gon was one of the strongest lightsaber duelists of the order, trained by Dooku who also thought that, even though he was slightly old he still had his young Jedi knight apprentice to help him and they still lost! Um, in actual combat anyway...

But seriously, Obi beat Anakin, but that doesn't mean Anakin's weak. It's the same thing here.

Darth_Janus
Well, according to the movies (I bet all of you hate it when I pull movie references on you, don't you? Mr. EU is straddling the fence...) Maul's visual display of power comes in toying with a padawan and punking some Jedi Master in what has to be the crappiest SW death I can think of. Now, you yourself have always been a champ of the "What I can see is what there is" method of logic. And seeing as I haven't seen a damn thing in that book and it's all hearsay and quasi canon, why should I believe Maul trained his entire life and could best Luminara and Kit Fisto, who were equals to Obi-Wan himself around the time of AOTC, and AOTC Obi-Wan could punk Maul bad.

So, using your own earlier demonstrated logic, I have determined that Maul is just a hotheaded, horny little tattooed Sith who was made to appease fanboys and could take Liam Neeson but got pwned hardstyle by Obi-Wan.

Darth L. Dipsit
You don't like Maul? Oh, man, the people who do love that guy are not gonna like that.
Jackstain, I'm ready for some fireworks. Show me what you've got.

Darth_Janus
Actually, I do like Maul. But his cult "Where Maul is the best Sith of all time" is working my last good nerve. I like Vader and Sidious and Yoda too, but their fans respectively drive me up a wall with "Jedi/Sith X pwns all, 3 second flat lol r0x00r!!" arguments.

Darth L. Dipsit
Oh, don't get me started. Logic-less answers piss me off to the end of the friggin' Earth! Subjectivity and bias have no place in a discussion board like this.

Master Ferro
now that ive seen episode three I agree anakin would beat qui gon but theres no way kit or luminari could beat maul kit fell in two seconds flat against sidious and I know qui gon would last alot longer seeing as in the books it says he equaled mace in many sparring matchs they had

Darth_Glentract
what books have you been reading? Is it that one were Qui-gon goes back 4000 years and kills Revan and Malak. Then he goes back farther and kills Exar Kun. Farther still and kills Freedon Nadd, and even farther and kills Tulak Hord, Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kressh, and then goes back father and kills Ajunta Pall. Then he goes in to the future,(from where he was, but the past from his own time) and kills Bane. Then goes into the future and kills Vader and Sidious. Then he goes to his own time and dies on the toilet Elvis style. All with in ten minuets. I love that book. It is so good.

Kiu Dun
Gui gets owned liked jackass over here.

Darth_Janus
You have that book too, Glentract? Man, let me read it when you're done. I hear Qui Gon creates the Force in that book!

kotor12341@yaho
1st of all gui gon was a master in form lightsaber combat the same form our little green freind yoda uses, and second our we talking fallin anakin or anakin jedi and yes there is a difference

Darth L. Dipsit
Glentract, that was HILARIOUS!
I almost pissed myself.

Darth Revan33
Well, according to the movies (I bet all of you hate it when I pull movie references on you, don't you? Mr. EU is straddling the fence...) Maul's visual display of power comes in toying with a padawan and punking some Jedi Master in what has to be the crappiest SW death I can think of. Now, you yourself have always been a champ of the "What I can see is what there is" method of logic. And seeing as I haven't seen a damn thing in that book and it's all hearsay and quasi canon, why should I believe Maul trained his entire life and could best Luminara and Kit Fisto, who were equals to Obi-Wan himself around the time of AOTC, and AOTC Obi-Wan could punk Maul bad.

So, using your own earlier demonstrated logic, I have determined that Maul is just a hotheaded, horny little tattooed Sith who was made to appease fanboys and could take Liam Neeson but got pwned hardstyle by Obi-Wan.

Crappiest death was Qui-Gon? IMO it's Maul. They show him just standing there watching as Obi killed him. I could've reacted faster than that! But back to the universe... thanks for the title too (seriously), but just because YOU haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I argue against Tulak because I HAVE seen everything about him in 2 or 3 sentences. When people argue for Exar and Naga I do believe them because I don't know. I base most of my thoughts upon accomplishments.

Maul: Defeats powerful Jedi Master swordsman and Jedi knight level apprentice that work together well, at the same time. Not to mention another master and padawan and other nameless Jedi. Destroys Black Sun and everyone else he ever crosses unscathed.

AOTC Obi: killed Maul by outsmarting him, good but he wasn't stronger and location plays a big part in outsmarting opponents. Obi loses to Jango Fett... twice. Anakin saves his life before movie and during movie, and he loses to Count Dooku really bad.

AOTC Obi's good, but no where near Maul's level of discipline, training, or power. And watch Kit Fisto in ROTS, that would not have happened to Maul. Besides, what's your argument for Kit anyway that you think he could defeat Darth Maul?

Darth_Janus
A few things...

Obi-Wan did not lose to Jango Fett. I thought it was clear he was trying to capture Jango, not saber his ass. But apparently people still misinterpret the scene. And considering all the boasting about Jango being such a mad ass Jedi killer, Obi-Wan surviving Jango Fett and his kid and his ship was quite a damn accomplishment.

Now, for Maul... Maul kept Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan mostly separated. He did not kill Qui Gon until they were completely alone. Then he kills him with some punch to the jaw, which wasn't that hardcore, and spears him. It was a piss poor ending for a Jedi master swordsman, as you say.

Now, I believe you should consider reading material such as The Storm Approaches, which has Anakin, Obi, Luminara and her padawan in it. It is right before the events of AOTC. Next, I would recommend The Cestus Deception, which has Obi and Kit Fisto in it. Reading those two might help your views. I won't sit here and bicker with you or try and prove up when you should be able to find any one of those at the library nearb, if you can't afford it.

Otaku_Sith

Kun-ni Habeo
hey glentract i wuld like to read that book too,,culd u send it to me?

Darth Revan33
A few things...

Obi-Wan did not lose to Jango Fett. I thought it was clear he was trying to capture Jango, not saber his ass. But apparently people still misinterpret the scene. And considering all the boasting about Jango being such a mad ass Jedi killer, Obi-Wan surviving Jango Fett and his kid and his ship was quite a damn accomplishment.

Now, for Maul... Maul kept Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan mostly separated. He did not kill Qui Gon until they were completely alone. Then he kills him with some punch to the jaw, which wasn't that hardcore, and spears him. It was a piss poor ending for a Jedi master swordsman, as you say.

Now, I believe you should consider reading material such as The Storm Approaches, which has Anakin, Obi, Luminara and her padawan in it. It is right before the events of AOTC. Next, I would recommend The Cestus Deception, which has Obi and Kit Fisto in it. Reading those two might help your views. I won't sit here and bicker with you or try and prove up when you should be able to find any one of those at the library nearb, if you can't afford it.

Yes, I know he tried to capture him but he still nearly died, and Boba didn't really do a thing. The rocket is what knocked Obi's lightsaber away. And yes Jango is pretty tough so it's not too bad he lost.

As for Maul, he was smart enough to separate them and strong enough. He still defeated them both. As for Qui-Gon's death, they made it look better than Maul's, Jango's, and when Anakin gets his arm cut off in AOTC. In all three of those they stand there waiting, weapon drawn until they're hit. Stupid Lucas making them look bad.

Anyway, I don't have either and I'm busy with other books right now anyway. We're on opposite ends of the table here, I know a lot about Maul and you know a lot about the others.

Obi-wan2005
lets get this straight qui gon is a nothing compared to anyone in episode 3

Fishy
Sure he is, i'm sure he can beat that kid that jumps in and kills a few clonetroopers

Obi-wan2005
hahahahaha...that kid was awsome ...would of been a great jedi

nah if the padawan obi-wan could killl maul and qui gon coulnt then he sucks

even worse than that kid

Jedi Mom
qui gon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.