The Motorcycle Diaries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
I thought this was a very good film, please discuss your views, opinions, and thoughts on the film here.

If you are unfamilar with the film you can read a synopsis of the film HERE

You can also listen to Ebert & Roeper's review of the film HERE

Cinemaddiction
Well, I watched it this afternoon and thought it was average, but I still liked it. I think I can appreciate the pre-commercialized Che Guevara moreso, having seen this movie, and getting a feel for how he became a humanitarian. On the other hand, it seemed to be the extremes. He was either womanizing or playing God. Guess that's just his character, though. Pretty fould mouthed too, lol.

I'd still recommend it for people who want a precursor to Che's involvement in the Cuban revolution.

MildPossession
It's wonderful to watch and follow if you have read both the diaries, good to compare.

jeffer_wrote
i think what makes this film very good are the performances, esp by Bernal. a pretty ordinary plot, but the acting made it work.

Tptmanno1
It was very good.
Cine>He's a 20 something year old, What are they trying to do? make a mark on the world, and get laid....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I thought it was a beautiful film about friendship and dedication. I loved it.

emmasmall
I don't know--it featured some great scenery and pretty strong performances, but I found it kind of boring and hero-worshippy. Like I should find all of it fascinating, simply because it's the story of Che Guevara. I was disappointed, after so many people had sung its praises.

Eis
I absolutley LOVED the movie..
The book was a lot better but the movie was awesome too... Gael's did a wonderful job as Che Guevara... I also enjoyed very much Mia Maestro in the film... too bad her role was so small though.
I specially liked the part when they were in southern Chile, I am chilean myself and I can tell you the south (the poorer parts obviously) are EXACTLY the way they show them in the movie... the personality of the girls who invited Ernesto and Alberto a drink was just... so life like...
Anyway, I recommend this movie to everyone who's into foreign cinema.
And yes it can be a little 'slow' from time to time but it's totally worth watching.

Flavio
great movie cool
made me start to change my opinion on Che Guevara, i started to admire him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.