dark phoenix vs sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
i dont know much about sentry but i hear he is really bad ass and i was wonderin how badass so can he take down the queen of hotties lol. (or would he not hit a woman)

RSSR
Dark Phoenix.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
well is sentry even strong i hear he is... so who is he lol

GalacticStorm
Dark Phoenix would murder him

Sentry
Phoenix.

DigiMark007
Sentry's powers, Mr Cookie, are somewhat vague. Technically they are "limitless"....that's straight from Marvel. But in reality, he hasn't done too much to show "limitlessness" in his comics, and he's recently started hanging out with heroes that are well below him (Spider-Man, Luke Cage, etc.). So by all accounts, Pheonix would wail on him...but some crazy fanboy might argue otherwise.

-DM

kgkg
i have to go with Phoenix he hasn't shown enough power to be at her level.

But who know how stupid marvel are gonna make him.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
ya but i was reading my wizard magazine and it said somethin likenhe has the power of 1000 suns isnt that somewhat powerful i mean cmon phoenix is like 4 suns 5 at the most lol.

kgkg
Originally posted by CaPtAiN cOoKiE
ya but i was reading my wizard magazine and it said somethin likenhe has the power of 1000 suns isnt that somewhat powerful i mean cmon phoenix is like 4 suns 5 at the most lol.

Lol wtf

it doesn't matter that they say.

all it matter is what they do.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
o i see.
so in your opinion is dark phoenix the strongest or is there a higher tier like lets say onslaught or galactus or somethin

DigiMark007
Galactus vs. Pheonix is a wash...depends on who you talk to. Otherwise, Living Tribunal and artifacts like the Infinity Gauntlet and the Heart of the Universe are the only things more powerful than Pheonix. A few more might be included, but those are the only ones I'd put above Pheonix.

Oh, and I actually kinda like Sentry, but that 1000 exploding suns thing is crap.

-DM

kgkg
Originally posted by CaPtAiN cOoKiE
o i see.
so in your opinion is dark phoenix the strongest or is there a higher tier like lets say onslaught or galactus or somethin
dark Phoenix is euqal to Galactus or a bit less.

Onslaught is not even in the same league.(mebee he whould have if he was written well) that ending pissed me off.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
ya true but in your opinion who is the heaveyweight of all dc and marvel
o and didnt thanos have the infinite gauntlet?

kgkg
the Gods

TAOO , Presence , LT , Lucifer those are some of the stongest in Marvel/DC.

King Burger
This Sentry guiy seems like unnecessary creation by Marvel.

Why is he here?

Xplosive
Dark Phoenix.

long pig
The Sentry has been around since the 60's.

He was forgotten by Marvel.

King Burger
But I thought that was just a made-up story to boost sales?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry (Or did I
misunderstand the article? Or maybe it's wrong?)

long pig
nah, stan lee created him. almost 50 years ago.
The storyline of him interacting with other heros and then forgetting him was madeup. but the actual character has been round before x-men i think. (dont quote me on that....).

leonidas
since before x-men? that's fascinating. i wonder why lee never brought him into the marvel universe at the time. as for the battle - tough to give someone who just stepped onto the stage and has shown little, a chance against a firmly established cosmic entity like DP. i'm thinking she'd give sentry the bird . . .

srankmissingnin
The 1000 suns thing is crap, Sentry has a power of a million exploding suns! Sheesh get it right people! The guy is said to be a threat to the multiverse by simply existing. He stalemated Galactus in a fight at the very lest he does the same to Phoenix.

Mainstream
Sentry is like an earth born god

DigiMark007
We never see the stalemate with Galactus. We only hear about it. And Sentry's list of provable feats is much less impressive.

-DM

maxivitopowe
Bump

Board Walker
DSentry/Voidtry defeats dark phoenix

zopzop
Let's put it this way, Dark Phoenix, while still growing in power and hungry, was diagnosed by Reed's devices as someone whose power level could rival Galactus.
http://s8.postimg.org/q6exg6o6p/2471572_x_men135_09a.jpg

Dark Phoenix should win.

Board Walker
Originally posted by zopzop
Let's put it this way, Dark Phoenix, while still growing in power and hungry, was diagnosed by Reed's devices as someone whose power level could rival Galactus.

Dark Phoenix should win.

Excellent point, this highlights how vastly powerful the phoenix was.

However, it is to be noted that while the phoenix could rival Galactus in power it has been stated that the Sentry has already done so.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by zopzop

Dark Phoenix should win. It should be noted that at that point in time Reed has never seen a Galactus after he just ate.

The only time when he wasn't "hungry" was when he battled Sphinx and even then his whole plan was to eat the planet.

Originally posted by Board Walker

However, it is to be noted that while the phoenix could rival Galactus in power it has been stated that the Sentry has already done so. laughing out loud no it hasn't.
Sentry is nowhere near Galactus in power, nor has that ever been said.

Dark Phoenix wins easily.

One_Angry_Scot

However, it is to be noted that while the phoenix could rival Galactus in power it has been stated that the Sentry has already done so.

It wasn't just the Sentry that fought Galactus though, it was a Nate Grey as well. Presumably a full powered one at that. It's generally said that they stalemated Galactus as well.

http://i.imgur.com/uDndfQhl.jpg

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
It wasn't just the Sentry that fought Galactus though, it was a Nate Grey as well. Presumably a full powered one at that. Why would Galactus have been full powered?

Unless you're speaking of Nate Grey. In that case carry on.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Why would Galactus have been full powered?

I was talking about Nate Grey for them 2 to have a chance against Galactus you would need Nate and Robert to be at their utmost best. Wasn't speaking about Galactus.

Cosmic_Beings
Dark Phoenix wins. It's a curbstomp.

Now imagine if Sentry gained the power of the Phoenix.

Tony Stark
Bob

Board Walker
Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
Dark Phoenix wins. It's a curbstomp.

Now imagine if Sentry gained the power of the Phoenix.

He already has, the white hot room is the Void's play thing.

One_Angry_Scot
He already has, the white hot room is the Void's play thing.

I don't think he has the power of the Pheonix although his powers could be linked to the Pheonix Force given on how he knows what goes on in there (him speaking of Exitars life energies being in there and he says he can "feel them", But I don't think he has the Phoenix's power.)

In the same way that Blue Marvels power is related to anti matter, the Sentry's may possibly be related to the Pheonix Force (but again not stating this as truth just a theory to chuck out)

Stoic
Didn't Dark Phoenix eat stars? If they made the Sentry as powerful as her, Marvel is probably going to deep six him. From what I have seen, all of the more powerful characters are always given less story, or are outright killed off, or sent to some realm so that we rarely if ever see again. I mean where would Bob fit in as an Earth Hero if he was unable to be challenged? It would be a great novelty at first, but people would get really sick of the big fish in the little pound syndrome.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Stoic
Didn't Dark Phoenix eat stars? If they made the Sentry as powerful as her, Marvel is probably going to deep six him. From what I have seen, all of the more powerful characters are always given less story, or are outright killed off, or sent to some realm so that we rarely if ever see again. I mean where would Bob fit in as an Earth Hero if he was unable to be challenged? It would be a great novelty at first, but people would get really sick of the big fish in the little pound syndrome.

I have a feeling that now Remender has written Robert this way as this unstoppable force (based on what he has done) he is going to become In a way like the Watcher, he will observe from afar and intervene when needed (like the Exitar on Earth thing) I don't think he can reside on Earth now given how strong he is now he can pretty much end most earthly threats by himself.

I mean now I perhaps see him returning either to attack all of the mutants or to use Thor (as he stated he needed him in the future) but I don't think he will be Earth bound anymore. More of a cosmic wanderer.

Given what happened in UA #22 he may not return for ages now. Perhaps he arrives in time for the Red Skulls domination of Earth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It wasn't just the Sentry that fought Galactus though, it was a Nate Grey as well. Presumably a full powered one at that. It's generally said that they stalemated Galactus as well.

http://i.imgur.com/uDndfQhl.jpg

It would have been awesome to see a crazy Thor fighting Sentry/X-man.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It would have been awesome to see a crazy Thor fighting Sentry/X-man.

Yeah it would be good to see Thor going crazy more often in fights but unfortunately due to himself holding back and him never really going into Warriors Madness we don't see it. Shame though.

Stoic
I have a feeling that now Remender has written Robert this way as this unstoppable force (based on what he has done) he is going to become In a way like the Watcher, he will observe from afar and intervene when needed (like the Exitar on Earth thing) I don't think he can reside on Earth now given how strong he is now he can pretty much end most earthly threats by himself.

I mean now I perhaps see him returning either to attack all of the mutants or to use Thor (as he stated he needed him in the future) but I don't think he will be Earth bound anymore. More of a cosmic wanderer.

Given what happened in UA #22 he may not return for ages now. Perhaps he arrives in time for the Red Skulls domination of Earth.

Or another writer takes over, siphons off some of the power, makes his mind completely stable, and he becomes part of an Avengers team. Then again there are rumors of a reboot, so....

Board Walker
Maybe the sentry is the toaa given form, he just forgot that he is toaa because he wanted to experience his creation.

maxivitopowe
Marvel reboot?

Board Walker
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Marvel reboot?

Sentry does reference an old iteration of the Marvel existence that no one except his own self, and a few others seem to remember.

It could be that if the Sentry is indeed TOAA, that only he and those he wills to remember would in fact remember the "old marvel".

One_Angry_Scot
Sentry does reference an old iteration of the Marvel existence that no one except his own self, and a few others seem to remember.

It could be that if the Sentry is indeed TOAA, that only he and those he wills to remember would in fact remember the "old marvel".

He only says that as he erased everyone's memory on Earth so that he would be forgotten.

And as soon as everyone remembered him the void would soon return. I don't think he is the TOAA, his power source now or perhaps always has been very mysterious but it would be a bit of a stretch to say he is the TOAA.

Insane Titan
DP in a stomp

leonidas
dp, no doubt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.