Titans of New York City

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Young Kento
This is my first fanfiction so try to be gentle with the criticism. Anyhow...

New York City, the big apple! It's said to house some of the most dangerous criminals in the United States. So to tackle those super criminals, New York City needed some super heroes. This is their story.

Location: Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. At a park near the N street station, several shady young people were gathered behind the restroom building. "I'm only going to say this one more time. Do you got my money, kid?" the voice of a lowlife thug spoke. The group had a teenager pinned against the wall. The boy's face was covered in sweat. "I'm...I'm sorry. I'll get the money soon." The boy replied. "Sorry ain't good enough kid! You bout to get pieced up!" The thug dropped the boy on the ground. He and his friends put on brass knuckles. The boy crunched up against the wall closing his eyes. "Please...no! I promise to have the money soon...don't hurt me!" At this current time another teenager about age 13 was walking around the park. His name was Kent Spealing. He wasn't in a very good mood just then. "Can't believe I failed that test! I studied forever for it too. That teacher just doesnt like me. I know that's the reason. He picks on me in class, keeps me after everyday, and sometimes even gives me detention for stuff I didn't even do. If I could get even with him I sooo would do it." He said, his face crunching up with anger. Then his ears twitched when he heard a voice. "NO STOP!!!" Kent looked over to the restroom building. "Hmm...what a surprise. The Bay Ridge hoodrats are on the prowl again." He started over to the building quickly making sure his footsteps werent too loud. Peering around the corner on the safe side he saw the group of thugs beating down on the teenage boy. He pulled back to the wall and got even angrier. "That just burns me up! These idiots have nothing better to do than to pick on other people. Well, they done got me fired up." And then Kent revealed something. He was no ordinary teenager. His body became covered in flames, his yellow and orange spandex suit starting to materialize underneath until it covered his body head to toe. His black hair became orange flames and on the center of his chest was a flame symbol. He'd become Firestorm. "That doesn't feel too good does it kid? Well it's what happens when you don't get me my money." The teenage boy was shaken up on the ground, battered and bruised. "How about one more for the road?" One of the thugs reached for a baseball bat and was ready to come down on the kid with it. Before he could even swing the bat was lit into flames. "Hey! What the heck is goin on here?" He dropped the bat and they all backed off. "Picking on defenseless teens? That really gets me hot under the collar." The turned to see Firestorm standing there with his fists held up and embalmed in flames. "It's Firestorm!" "Back off Storm! Me and the kid got business." "Well your business involves him gettin beat up. It's people like you that give this city a bad name." Firestorm then let off a wave of fire at the group without warning. "LOOK OUT!" They screamed as they dove sideways. "This just got real! I'm out!" They started running one by one. Firestorm simply flew after them and would cut them off. "I guess I should have warned you guys. You caught me on a bad day!" Firestorm then slammed both fists down on the ground. The group was then surrounded by flames. "Now how do you guys want to be done? Do you want to be fried, broiled or baked?" "Be easy storm! We just want our money man!" Firestorm got angrier at this. "All this over money? There are less intimidating ways to do it!" As he got angrier, the flames surrounding the thugs grew stronger. "Hey storm! We don't want trouble! Come on man!" "Should have thought of that before you started beating up kids. I think I'll let you sit in the hot seat till the cops show up this time. But if you get out and I catch you again, you'll find out what happens when you play with fire." Firestorm walked off from the flame circle. He was sure he'd made it noticeable enough. As he got closer to the beaten kid he changed back to normal. He looked at the kid. "Good, he's not beaten too badly. But I'm sure there's broken bones at least." He looked closer to see the kid was regaining consciousness. "Cool, he's waking up. Easy kid, I'm gonna get you to a hospital." Kent spoke.
Location: Kew Gardens, Queens. At a skate park, a group of teens were enjoying some after school recreation. Amongst them was a 15 year old teenager named Alex Tracy. He was a very talented skateboarder and coach of his own little team. They decided to have some practice today. "Looking good team X-treme! Keep it up on the half-pipe." Alex spoke. He was in a generally cheerful mood today. His friends were grabbing some major air on the half-pipe. "We might actually be able to enter a competition this weekend if we keep this up, Alex." spoke his girlfriend Maria. "Yeah, I'm excited. Hey where's Frank? I thought he'd be on the half-pipe with us today." Spoke his best friend Andy. "Mr South Street Champ is still working on the grinding rails." His other friend Jeff spoke as he came back from his water break. "What's he doing? He knows he isn't good on the rails." Alex said. He looked over to see Frank still attempting to make clean grinds on the rails. He'd looked just in time to see him lose balance and fall on his back. "Come on, Frank! We agreed to stick with what you're good at. It's a team effort. Maria is the one who will be doing the grind race, not you! We need you on half-pipe." Alex said. "What the heck, Alex! I know I can get it. I was..." "Grind Race Champion on South Street in Philly." Alex and Maria said. "We already proved it was a fluke and that if that handball didn't hit your board when it did you would have fallen. So stop trying to prove something and get on the half-pipe. MAria, can you take a break. You've been nonstop. Grab some water." Alex said. Alex turned around and grabbed his bottle of water. This has been a nice peaceful day. No interruptions at all. I might have a successful practice today.This has been a nice peaceful day. No interruptions at all. I might have a successful practice today. He thought as he sipped his water. Alex then saw a bunch of police cars riding down the street in a hurry. Everybody was looking at them drive by. Alex's friends had stopped practicing to see. "Whoa, something is definitely going on here?" Andy said. "But what?" Maria asked. So much for my peaceful day. I'd better check this out.So much for my peaceful day. I'd better check this out. "Ya know, everytime something goes on, Alex..." Jeff turned around to see Alex was gone. "Sigh...disappears." "There he goes again!" Frank said. Alex too was a special teenager. He was running out of the back exit of the park. Nobody was here. "Another day...another crime! It never fails. Grease Lightning Transformation!" As Alex ran, his body became shrouded in electricity, his blue and yellow costume appearing on his body. On the center of his chest was a lightning bolt symbol. He was Grease Lightning. Dematerializing into pure electricity, he shot off into the air following the police car sirens. He'd arrive at the scene of the crime; a Citibank franchise was being stormed. Grease Lightning instantly identified the criminal at work. "Dr. Ivan Ashford...he never gives up." Ashford had with him a group of robots who were helping him carry off the bank's money supply. The scene was mobbed with cops. "You guys can't stop me! Why even try?" Ashford asked as he and his robots mangled up the police cars to make their escape. "You'd think a guy with a phD would learn his lesson by now. But not you Ashface. You just keep coming." He looked up to see Grease Lightning flying down at him. "YOU! Not this time you electrical freak!" Ashford responded to him. "Why doctor, your words are so hurtful! They're almost shocking!" His hands extended, Grease Lightning let out a furious electric wave down on one of the robots, blowing it apart. "You'd think you would make them electric proof. I think your university needs to revoke your degree doctor." Grease Lightning said. "Make all the jokes you want. I have you this time." The doctor pushed a button on the robot he was operating. The top hatch opened up and let loose a net. The net caught Grease Lightning and pulled him down out of the sky. "AGH!" He started to scream when the net started to absorb his electric powers. "Haha! How do you like that one! My electromag-net will drain you of your powers. Making you weak. I'll finally get to make you pay for meddling in my affairs, punk." As the robots closed on in him Grease Lightning struggled. "Darn, can't get loose!"

Young Kento
"What made you think you could stop me?" "Easy! Because GL has a little help!" A sound wave came from nowhere bowling over the robots. Grease Lightning looked up to see someone in a black costume drop down and yank the net off of him. "I see I'm right on time as usual." He said. "Nice timing Black Thunder!" Grease Lighting spoke as he stood up. "You ok?" Black Thunder asked. "A little drained but just fine." Grease Lightning responded. They turned to Ashford who stood alone now. "Hey Ashface! I think it's time we gave you the weather." Black Thunder said. "Yeah, today's forcast...a heavy thunder and lightning storm!" The two teen superheroes took to the sky. Grease Lightning struck first with a strong wave of electricity. Dr. Ashford ejected from his robot before it was blown up. "Where do you think you're going, Ashface!" Black Thunder crippled the Dr to the floor with a strong sound wave. "AAH MY EARS!" Grease Lightning flew in and grabbed Dr. Ashford and dropped him in front of the police cars. "Here ya go NYPD! Let's try to keep him behind the bars this time." Grease Lightning said. "Thanks you two! You've done it again." "Who says Thunder and Lightning are nothing to be afraid of?" Grease Lightning said. The two superheroes flew up to a roof out of the eye of the general public. "Thanks for the timely arrival, BT!" Grease Lightning said. "Hey, can't have lightning flying around without the Thunder ya know? Take it easy bro." Black Thunder took off to leave Grease Lightning to himself. "I should get back to my friends now too before they start worrying."
Location: Times Square, Manhattan. A very lively party was going on in a very lively part of the city. It was a get together for some of the richest people in the city. When that happens there is always that slight chance that some trouble would go down. And not too long after it got started, entered the trouble. Some girl screamed out "HE'S GOT A GUN!" and that caused the panic. Everybody started running around trampling each other as shots rang out. A teenage boy would stick his nose into this situation too. His name was Alan Parker. He'd come to this party accompanied by his mother, Mary Jane. He'd gotten himself hidden having identified the people responsible for this commotion. "Well this is a fine mess! But since the Spider-man is away I guess the Spider-boy is gonna have to take his place." He went in a bathroom stall and put on a red and black costume covered in a spider web design. But the mask allowed for his hair to stick out. "Somehow I gotta tell dad that my costume is better than his." He came out of the stall seeing the commotion still going on. But now he had a clear sight of the criminals. It was an old fashioned gun fight. "Well this is no way for upper society to act. Puttin a stop to this right away." Aiming his hand up for the upperwall, he shot a webline up and swung toward the criminals at a decent speed. He let go of the line and dropped down on the unsuspecting shooters. "Man if you guys were gonna do some stuff like this you could at least do it in a rundown neighborhood like Bay Ridge. Some of us wanted to party here." Spider-boy said. "Hey its that Spiderpunk!" "Hey I resent that! The name is Spider-boy thank you!" Taking both hands and aiming, he shot weblines at two of the gunmen. The weblines attached themselves to the guns. He yanked the guns from their hands. "Guns? Can't we all just get along?" Spider-boy asked. "Get that kid!" The few guys started running for Spider-Boy. He jumped over them slinging a webline up at the ceiling to swing over to a distance. One of the guys who was still armed sprinted for him. Spider-Boy had a rolling chair in his hands. "Here, why don't you have a seat!" He shot the chair over to him and knocked him off his feet. He then used his web to catch him in the air. The other men were running toward him. "Just lining up for me. This is too easy!" He shot a few lines of web at them to wrap them up and bring them down. "That should hold ya till the boys in blue get here. I'd better see if my mom is ok now. Have fun in the clink." He shot a webline up to the ceiling and started swinging his way out of the building.

Location: Parkchester, Bronx. The Pelham Bay Park station, a 6-train was pulling in. It's passengers ran off screaming as a fist fight took place. The people involved were a bunch of gangsters and another teen hero by the name of Daren Spokes, aka Stryker. The boy was sent over the edge of the station platform toward the street. He took out a grappling hook and lunged it up to grab hold of the platform banister. It swung around and hooked on firmly. Stryker swung back up to the platform and landed a drop kick on one of the gangsters sending him falling to the ground. One of the others ran up and tried to hit him with a led pipe. Stryker responded before he could strike,, spinning around and sweeping the guy off of his feet with a sweep kick. his hands grabbed the hoodlum's shirt and lunged him over to his comrad. "I give you one last chance. Go home or else I'm going to put you down." "Spokes...you're gonna regret messin with us." "Seems you guys are the ones regretting something. And I already told you...my name is Stryker." He took his staff and and used it to smack the gangster across his back. The other one came from behind wedging his fist against Stryker's back. His comrad reached for his gun as Stryker fell. Stryker went into a roll and swiped the gun. He then aimed it at the gangster. "We ready to give now?" Stryker asked. "How you gonna play us like this? Ice Pack made you who you are. He trained you how to fight and gave you your weapons." "It's simple! I got tired of fighting on the wrong side. So you can tell Ice Pack if he wants to handle beef, tell him to bring his butcher knife and handle it himself. Peace out chumps!" Stryker crouched up on the platform banister. Below him was the street. He took his grappling gun and shot it over to a flag pole hanging horizontally from the building. Once it latched on tightly enough he swung off of the platform. He used it to get to the building's rooftop. "The only person that is gonna get his, is Ice Pack. He ruined my life and he killed my parents. Nobody gets away with something that deep."

Firestorm, Grease Lightning, Black Thunder, Spider-Boy, and Stryker! Each of them have their own backgrounds, their own special powers and their own section of New York City that they patrol in order to keep the peace. But these five heroes are unaware that their paths are meant to cross soon. And when that happens, New York City will be the birthplace of the next greatest superhero team that has ever been made.

O.A.R21
I think its a awsome story! Good job, write more when you can

hotsauce6548
I'll read it when you write in more than one paragraph. Believe me, more people will read it when it isn't one giant blob of text.

Young Kento
The meetings begin!

Elmhurst, Queens was the scene of a dangerous electrical fire. There had been a loose cable hanging down on the street and when a fire erupted in the nearby building, the electric cable added to the problem. The streets rang out with fire sirens as NYFD rushed to the scene. They had brought with them some help in the form of Black Thunder and Grease Lightning. "Now there's something you don't see everyday near Queens Blvd." Grease Lightning said. "We'll have to cool it with the jokes for now, GL. That's an electrical fire. Putting it out won't be so easy." Black Thunder responded. "I'm already on it! I'll start drawing in the electricity while you try to help put the fire out." Grease Lightning said. "That's what I call a plan." The two heroes seperated to do their business. Grease Lightning would startt first with his hands out. He started to draw in the electricity to his body. "GUH!!" He was creating a decent light show as the electricity created sharp sparks. Black Thunder helped the firemen stay out of range of Grease Lightning. "Some sonic booms ought to put the fire down some." Gripping his fists tightly he thrust them forward at the fire launching a powerful sound wave against the flames. Some of the flames died down while the rest spread to other buildings. "NO! The soundwaves are making the fire spread! I have to think of something else." He looked down at the ground and then saw a fire hydrant that wasn't being used. NYFD was hard at work spraying down the fire. "It's too much! You have to do something, Black Thunder." Spoke one of the firemen. "BT, hurry! I'm reaching max capacity! GRRR!!" Grease Lightning said. "I'm on it, GL!" He aimed a palm at the fire hydrant and one soundwave blew it off causing water to spew up and spray itself in every direction. But the fire wasn't getting any closer to dying down. "Man this is one tough blaze! GL, I can't stop it!" "What are we gonna do then?" Grease Lightning asked. At this current time over in Bay Ridge, Kent was coming home. "Kent, is that you?" His mom spoke. "Yeah, mom! I'm back and school sucked again." He threw his backpack down on the ground and went into the kitchen. He threw together a sandwich from the meat in the fridge and walked over to notice his mom watching TV. "Whatcha watching mom?" Kent asked. "The news! There's a fire in Elmhurst that's breaking out of control. I swear New York City is falling! All the crime...the fires, the killings. New York is becoming less and less of a safe place to live." His mom said. Kent looked at the TV and saw the fire. It was being recorded live on the news. "And spectators watch at a distance as the New York Fire Department's efforts with even Queens' two heroes Black Thunder and Grease Lightning are helpless to control this blaze. The fire department has said that if this fire isn't put out soon, most of Elmhurst could suffer from the outbreak." Kent's eyes widened in interest. "Wow, that's pretty bad. Mom, I think I'll get started on my homework." Kent said. "Ok Kent! Try and get it done before your father gets home. He wants to have a family night out and I'd like for you to have it done." His mom asked. "Sure whatever mom!" Kent headed upstairs. "Putting out a dangerous fire? Just another day in the life for Firestorm." Instantly going into costume, he flew out from the house through his bedroom window. Grease Lightning and Black Thunder continued to try and tame the flames with the fire department. A lot more firemen had arrived on the scene. "We might lose this one GL!" Black Thunder said. "No, we can't! This blaze could burn most of Queens Blvd if we don't stop it here." Grease Lightning said. "But our powers make it worst!" Black Thunder said. "I don't believe this. What kind of super heroes can't put out a fire? Talk about amatuers." Grease Lightning and Black Thunder turned their attention to the new voice. Firestorm was floating above them. "Shouldn't you be out scaring Brooklyn thugs?" Black Thunder said. "I'll ignore that comment and help you guys out. Stand back and watch the Firestorm work." Black Thunder and Grease Lightning stood back. Grease Lightning had the dangerous electric cable in his hand to keep it from sparking more flames. Firestorm landed in front of the flames. "Hmm, this will be easy!" He dove straight into the flames. The flames started to move around wildly at first. Then they started to deminish. In the center of the flames, Firestorm could be seen absorbing the flames into his body. Everybody watched as the once dangerous fire became nothing but smoke. After standing frozen for a sec, he dropped his head and took a deep breath. Then he rose his head looking at the civilians and lifted a flaming fist up into the air. "Your fire...is put out!" Everybody cheered in favor of the heroes. "That's how you handle a fire. I hope you took notes so I don't have to come out here and bail you guys out again." Firestorm said. "Thanks a lot Firestorm!" Black Thunder said. "Don't thank me. I only did it because I needed the practice. Next time you guys should be more prepared for something like this. Later days!" Firestorm flew off into the air. Grease Lightning had an annoyed expression on his face. "Ya know...I don't like his attitude." Grease Lightning said. "Well he's Firestorm. His powers are as strong as his anger and frustration. He doesn't know how to be happy really." Black Thunder said. "Well he could at least show some respect." Grease Lightning spoke. "Yeah I suppose he could do that. Anyway I was on my way to Far Rockaway before all this happened, GL. So I'll see you later." Black Thunder took off into the sky. "Yeah, later! Back to the skatepark for me then." Dematerializing into pure electricity he shot off into the air disappearing from the scene as more media arrived.

Young Kento
Meanwhile, near Lenox in the Bronx, a person was being chased around the street. Sweat poured down his face as he looked over his shoulder to see if his chaser was behind him, whimpering as he ran. He turned around to see someone jump down in front of him. "AH!" He stopped short and turned into the alley. He jumped onto a dumpster and onto a fire escape ladder. He quickly scaled the ladder and went up the stairs. He made his way onto the roof just in time to see the figure touch down on the roof. "EEYAH! Stay away from me you monster!" The figure ran and jumped across the next building. His pursuer chasing after him swiftly. The figure turned around with his gun and fired a few shots. His chaser smacked the shots away with swings of his staff. He then vaulted over in front of him. The figure stopped and fell backwards. He turned around and started crawling away. "NO! Get away from me! Please! I didn't mean it!" The figure got up on his feet and ran off. His chaser merely took a grappling gun and launched it at the figure. The roped binded his legs and upon tightening, he was forced to the floor. The chaser started walking slowly toward him. "Did you enjoy your little run? I hope so! Because it ends here." "I swear on my life I didn't betray you! Honest I didn't." "Well that's not the way it looks on the video tape now does it? Now you're going to find out what happens when you double cross me." The chaser pulled out a knife and was ready to stab down on the figure. "NO!!!" Suddenly before the knife strike was delivered a throwing star knocked it out of his hand. "What!?" "Hey! I'd like to have a few words with you...Ice Pack." The figure turned to see Stryker on the other end of the roof. "Well well well...Daren Spokes, the traitor." "Traitor? You're the one who did the betraying and I'm Stryker. You killed my parents, you caused my girl to break up with me and you fooled me into believing you were actually trying to help me. I'm through being your patsy. You're going to pay dearly for every bit of it." "Well as long as we're paying, why don't you guys pay me 20 dollars? Making web fluid isn't cheap ya know." Stryker and Ice Pack turned to see Spider-boy clinged to a standing flagpole. "What are you doing here bug boy? Don't you have something to do in Manhattan?" Stryker asked. "Well excuse me for homing on signs of distress. I believe as a Superhero thats part of the job description." "Well I can handle Ice Pack without you! So why don't you go catch flies or something." While Stryker was talking to Spider-boy, Ice Pack struck him with his staff sending him to the floor. Spider-boy launched a webline at Ice Pack's staff and relieved him of it. "You can eh. Well I dunno if you noticed but Ice T here just knocked you flat." "Stay out of this punk!" Ice pack spoke as he took his freeze gun out and blasted at Spider-boy. Spider-boy used his reflexes and flipped out of the way, using his web to swing over to Ice Pack. "Talk about giving the cold shoulder." Stryker ran up and punched Ice Pack as he turned to Spider-boy. "Get lost loser! I don't need your help." "Look out!" Spider-boy grabbed Stryker and jumped out of the way of several bombs that Ice Pack launched at them. "Freeze bombs! This guy is trying to bring the cold weather alright." Spider-boy said. Stryker drew his beam staff and ran over to Ice Pack, swing furiously at him. Ice Pack dodged his every move and swept him off his feet. Stryker hit the ground and Ice Pack aimed his freeze gun at him. "Time to put you on ice." Ice Pack's freeze gun was yanked out of his hands with Spider-boy's webline. "What is it with you people and guns?" Spider-boy then launched another webline and wrapped up Ice Pack's legs. Stryker then picked up Ice Pack and slammed him in the face with a hard punch that sent him into the air. "Now for the finishing touches" Spider-boy jumped up and grabbed Ice Pack. Then using his webbing he bound Ice Pack to the flagpole. "That puts him outta commission for a while. Now all we have to do is wait for the cops to put this guy in the freezer." Spider-boy said. Stryker went up to Spider-boy and pushed him. "What in the hell did you think you were doing? I told you I didn't need OR want your help. Ice Pack was my beef! Mine alone! Nobody told you to stick your nose into it." Stryker said. "Well, pardon me for pointing out the obvious but had I not intervened you'd be encased in ice right now." Spider-boy said. "That would have been my issue to handle. Do me a favor. Don't get in my way again." Stryker said. "Suit yourself hothead. But don't ever say I didn't do you any favors." He launched a webline over to a building and swung away. "You try to be a good person and some people just walk all over ya." He said as he swung away. Stryker mumbled to himself as he escaped the scene. The cops had shown up. Spider-boy was just now reaching manhattan. "Man, that guy was pretty grouchy. Most people are happy to be saved from impending doom." Spider-boy reached a building and climbed down to the alley. He came out of costume and assumed his role of Alan Parker. "Well I think I can use a break from webslinging for a while. I could use a bite to eat." He started walking toward a hot dog stand. "Let me get a hot dog with chili and cheese and a sprite." Alan said. "Sure thing kid." The stand owner started to put together his hot dog. Alan's attention was drawn to the electronic's store where the TVs were displaying the news. "Today's top story. Elmhurst was saved from a nearly devestating fire when the NYFD recieved help from three teenage superheroes." Alan became furtherly interested. "Huh? Interesting!" "The three teenage superheroes identify themselves as Firestorm, Grease Lightning, and Black Thunder. Through an amazing show of teamwork, the superhero trio averted what could have been the most devestating fire to hit Queens Blvd. Some of the spectators had their comments on this event today." "I think it's great to see young people today who use their talents for the better of our community." "I'm amazed! I just wish I had powers like that." "I think it's awesome how these super teens have dedicated themselves to helping out our police and fire force. I also believe that by their working together, New York City would be a lot safer." Alan sat there and thought hard. That is a good point. New York would be safer if we established ourselves as a team. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Alrighty then its settled! By tomorrow New York City will have its own superhero crimefighting force.That is a good point. New York would be safer if we established ourselves as a team. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Alrighty then its settled! By tomorrow New York City will have its own superhero crimefighting force.After getting his food, Alan went back into his Spider-boy costume. "To assemble my team, I need to locate players. Firestorm, Grease Lightning and Black Thunder would be great to have on the team. I believe Thunder and Lightning frequent around Queens and Firestorm hangs out in Brooklyn. Hmm it might be easier to find Thunder and Lightning first. So that's what I'll do." Spider-boy started off for Queens. Meanwhile at the skatepark in Forest Hills, Alex and his friends were going all out. "When the parents stress out its always cool to come here and get some air right group?" Alex asked. "Yeah! My mom was going all crazy on me cuz i forgot to take out the trash and the cat tore up the bag." Frank said. They all took a moment to catch a breather from skating around. "It's been pretty calm since the fire in Elmhurst hasn't it?" Maria asked. "Yeah!" Andy agreed. "Hey guys look." Jeff pointed. They looked up to see Spider-boy swing by. "Is that Spider-man?" Maria asked. "Nah that's the teenage version. Where's he off to?" Andy asked. Alex just stared in suspicion. "I'll be back guys." Alex said. "Now where are you going?" Maria asked. "Just hang tight! I'll be back." Alex ran off to the back of the park and headed down the alleyway. "What's Spider-boy doing here in queens? I guess I have to find out." Changing into Grease Lightning, he flew after Spider-boy. Spider-boy swung onto a rooftop and saw Grease Lightning flying toward him. "Ah looks like he found me." He said. Grease Lightning landed on the rooftop. "Hey Spiderkid, what are ya doin here? I work on this side of the city." He asked. "Gah! For pete's sake it's Spider-boy! And I was looking for you." Spider-boy responded. "Me? What for?" "I saw your heroic endeavor in Elmhurst on the news earlier. It got me thinking. What if us superteens formed our own team?" "I already know what you're thinkin kid. It wouldn't work. Everybody has their own territory that they wanna patrol. Nobody likes it when the other comes out of their territory. I preferred that Firestorm didn't stick his head in the situation BT and I tried to handle. Same way that Firestorm would have a fit if we handled criminals in Brooklyn. I'm pretty sure you don't want us in Manhattan handling your villains either." Grease Lightning said. "If that were the case I wouldn't be looking to form a team." "I think the team idea sounds good." Black Thunder said as he came flying in. "Where did you come from?" Grease Lightning asked. "I saw Spider-boy swingin around then I saw you. I figured somethin was going on. Anyway if Firestorm didn't help us earlier we wouldn't have been able to stop that fire. Let's just face it. We all end up helping each other out sooner or later. We might as well get it over with and declare it official. I say we form the team." Black Thunder said. "Well if you're in then I guess I have no choice do I?" Grease Lightning asked. "Nope, not really." "Well let's just hope, Firestorm agrees with it." Grease Lightning said.

Captain REX
Merged threads, keep writing! wink

Young Kento
Chapter 3: Enter New York City Titans!

With the support of Grease Lightning and Black Thunder now in his grasp, all that was left to do was to recruit Firestorm. The problem was finding him. At this current moment, Kent was sitting out on the boardwalk near Coney Island. He stared at the water, a frustrated and angry expression on his face. Kent was always like this. His mood hardly ever seemed to change. The problem was he had to be careful not to get too angry. His power to control fire magnified when his anger grew more and more intense. The angrier he was, the stronger his flame powers would be. His attention would be drawn away from his frustration when he heard an explosion coming from the park. "What in the hell...?" He started off toward the park and saw fleeing crowds headed for the subway station and their cars. Then he saw someone on a hoverjet. He had green skin and was dressed in purple. "Is that the Green Goblin?" "EHEHEHEHEH! Run you pitiful people. RUN! EHEHEHEHE!" He launched one of his pumpkin bombs down at the ground. It exploded in front of Kent and knocked him off the boardwalk. His hand grabbed the floorboard edge. "Whew! If I had fallen in the water my fire powers would have been nuetralized. That goblin made a mistake hitting me! HHRRRAAAAH!!!" In a burst of flames, Kent transformed himself into Firestorm and flew off into the air. "This is too easy! Look at all those frightened creatures. HAHAHA!" He turned to his left and a fireball shot by his face. "Wha?" Firestorm was floating in the air shrouded in a powerful aura of flames. "So you want a challenge huh? I'll be happy to shoot you out of the sky in flames. HRAH!" His fists gripped tightly he forced them at Green Goblin, sending waves of fire flying toward him. Green Goblin manuevered around the flames. His hoverjet let loose heatseeking missles. "Here you go flameboy!" Firestorm turned and flew up into the air, the missles chasing him close behind. "That's it coward! Run! HAHAHAH!" Firestorm's eyes grew dark red as he got angrier. "You're trying my patience, Goblin!" He stopped in midair, fixing his hands so that his two mid fingers were bent and his forefingers and pinkies extended, his arms crossed X wise. When the missles got close enough he shirked his arms apart and sent flame blades through the missles and blew them apart. "That takes care of your heat seekers. Now for you!" Firestorm went into a dive for Green Goblin. His flame powers intensified so much that he became shrouded in a flaming pheonix bird form. Green Goblin looked up in shock. "I don't believe it!" He attempted to manuever around the pheonix but his left wing was taken off when Firestorm flew by and he was forced out of the sky. "Hey look at that over there! Is that a flaming pheonix?" Black Thunder pointed out. Spider-boy and his group were at Brighton Beach and saw the flame bird in the sky. "That...has to be Firestorm." Grease Lightning said. "Let's go dudes! Something must be happening!" Spider-boy said. They immediately went to action. Firestorm had pulled up out of his dive, a swirling tornado of flames shrouding his body before he became visible again. "Give up Goblin!" Firestorm said. "Not a chance! Not before I've given you this!" He tossed several bombs up at Firestorm. They exploded and splashed water all over him. "GAH! Water!" Firestorm started to lose altitude. His powers diminished as he fell from the sky. He hit the ground, his body covered in smoke. "Well looks like I blew out your candlelight! Now to put you out for good." Spider-boy and his group showed up and could see them both. "I was right! It's Firestorm!" Grease Lightning said. "Hey that's the Green Goblin." Spider-boy said. "Looks like he has Firestorm on the ropes. We should hurry." Black Thunder said. "I already know what to do." Spider-boy launched a webline onto one of the overhead lights. He swung down at top speed. "Say bye flameboy!" Before Green Goblin could attack Spider-boy kicked him aside. "A little early for halloween don't you think, Goblin?" Spider-boy said. "Actually, Spider-dude I wouldn't be talking considering we're all in costume here." Grease Lightning said. "Shut up..." "What are you amatuers doing here?" Firestorm asked. "I dunno, maybe saving your life?" Spider-boy said. "What? Spider-man!" Green Goblin excalimed. "Maybe when I hit 21 but you're close!" "I'm not losing to you this time." Green Goblin took one of his bombs and launched it at Spider-boy. Spider-boy grabbed Firestorm. "Hold on tight and try not to scream!" Launching a webline he swung out of the way of the bomb. "His powers have been nuetralized. He needs a heat source to respark his powers." Grease Lightning said. "I'll get him to the heat source. You two handle Goblin." Spider-boy said.

Young Kento
Grease Lightning flew after Green Goblin, Black Thunder close behind him. Green Goblin tried to flee on foot since his hoverjet was out of

commission. "Blasted Firestorm! Because of him I have to try and get away on foot. Fortunately, I've prepared for such emergencies."

Then he pushed a button on his belt. "BT, stand back! I'm gonna give this guy a power shower." Grease Lightning said. "Right GL!" Black

Thunder moved out of the way. Grease Lightning rubbed his hands together speedily and generated a powerful electric surge that he sent

shooting toward Green Goblin. Turning quickly, Green Goblin intercepted the blast with one of his explosive bombs. "Look at that, GL!

He cancelled out your electric wave. Let me try now." Putting his hands together like he was going to push something, Black Thunder let out

a Sonic Boom. The sound wave hit Green Goblin, knocking him over. Meanwhile, Spider-boy and Firestorm were looking for a fire source.

"There's gotta be a flame powerful enough to recharge me somewhere." Firestorm said. "I'm looking as best I can. We are near

the beach and all." Spider-boy responded. Black Thunder and Grease Lightning had Green Goblin backed into a corner. "Looks like we got

you. Hope you're ready for your prison cell." Black Thunder said. Green Goblin looked back and then he started to laugh. "Not on your life

you fools. HEHEHHEHEH!" Just then his new hoverjet came down from nowhere and Green Goblin hopped on, taking into the skies. "Crap,

he's airborne." Grease Lightning said. "Let's see how you like my new arsenal!" By pushing a button on his belt, he caused several rockets

to shoot out of the hoverjet for the heroes. "Look out!" Black Thunder said as he let out a sound wave from his hands. The missles were sent

spiraling away from them. But Green Goblin was flying in from the blindside. He launched several bombs down on the heroes from behind

them. Grease Lightning turned around just in time to be hit out of the sky. "GL!? URR!" Black Thunder was sent spinning out of control when

Green Goblin flew by him at close range. "Heheheh! Since I got my new hoverjet, you heroes aren't so tough." He launched a bomb at Black

Thunder. Spider-boy turned around and saw the battle. "What? How did he get airborne again?" He asked. "Damn him! If I could generate

enough heat to fly I'd bring him down again." Firestorm said. "How do you generate heat to begin with?" Spider-boy asked. "Well I do it by

channeling rage, anger, frustration." Firestorm said. Boy how fitting...shoulda seen that answer coming.Boy how fitting...shoulda seen that answer coming. Spider-boy thought.

"Why don't you just try and make yourself so angry that you respark your own powers?" Spider-boy said. "Because the water nuetralizes my

flames. I need to absorb some flames." Firestorm said as he started to get annoyed. "Well the others need my help. You hurry and find a

flame. I'm gonna go help the others." Spider-boy said as he swung off. Grease Lightning was struggling to get on his feet while Black

Thunder's attempts to outfly Green Goblin were failing miserably. "That's it! Run you cowardly human. HAHAHAH...." Spider-boy's

web interrupted Green Goblin's laughter. "Geez, I know who to call if I need to scare away small children. That laugh could cause nightmares."

Spider-boy said. He was perched on a street light. Green Goblin tore the web off of his mouth. "Spider-man! GRR!" Green Goblin snarled.

"Thanks for the compliment but I'm just the teenage version." Shooting a webline for the hoverjet he was pulled into the air along with it.

Green Goblin started to fly around wildly. "Annoying insect! I'll take care of you once and for all." He took a pumpkin bomb and launched it

at Spider-boy. Spider-boy managed to barely avoid it. Black Thunder attempted his sound waves to bring Green Goblin down but missed each

time he fired. Spider-boy lost his grip and fell toward the ground only to be saved by Black Thunder. "Thanks! But where's Grease Lightning?"

Bright flashes got everybody's attention. Grease Lightning was on the ground generating a powerful electric storm. "There he is and boy does

he look mad." Grease Lightning shot up into the air. "Green Goblin, let's see how you handle an electric overload." Grease Lightning said.

"This should be good." Grease Lightning held up his hands, generating all the electricity he could. "We should move...quickly!" Spider-boy said.

"Good idea." Black Thunder carried Spider-boy some distance away. Grease Lightning forced all that electricty at Green Goblin. He fell off of

his hoverjet trying to avoid the electric surge. The hoverjet caught him on the way down and he was airborne again. "Man this is one tough

halloween character." Spider-boy said. "You preteens can't stop the Green Goblin!" He laughed. He started to fly away when a fireball flew

by his face. "What's this!?" He asked. "Oh...GOBLIN!!!" Everybody turned around to see Firestorm flying high into the air, a blazing display

of flames around him. "Someone got his fire powers back." Grease Lightning said. "I took out your previous toy and I'll take out your new

one too. Nobody puts my flames out! HRRRR!" Putting his hands together he shirked them downward sending a flame blade for the

enemy. Green Goblin swerved around the flame blade. Firestorm just keep attacking with fireballs while Green Goblin continued to dodge.

"Firestorm is just wasting his energy. He's just gonna get..." Black Thunder started. "Frustrated! Keep going Firestorm!" Spider-boy said.

Black Thunder and Grease Lightning looked at him. "I don't get it Spider-dude! Why should he keep throwing wild attacks like that?"

"Firestorm's powers get stronger the angrier he gets. If he keeps missing his attacks will get stronger with his anger. Then he'll..."

"I get it!" They continued to watch as Firestorm attacked. Firestorm flew in closer and started to use punches empowered with his fire powers

to try and hit Green Goblin. "Kid you have such lousy aim! HYAH!" He slammed a pumpkin bomb into Firestorm's face causing him to fall down.

He regained his balance before hitting the ground and got angrier. He took to the skies again, his flames getting brighter and brighter. He

then swiped his arms back sending two flame blades up for the hoverjet. Green Goblin flew around the blades. "Give up kid! You can't

hit me. You're just some hot headed kid who can't hit the broadside of a subway train." Firestorm got extremely heated. "Making fun of me?!

I hate it when people...MAKE FUN OF ME!!!" With that everybody just stood and watched as Firestorm generated enough flames to shroud

himself in Pheonix mode. "Uh guys, this dude is a psycho." Spider-boy said. Firestorm launched a giant fireball down on Green Goblin. "WHAT!
NO!" "GL!" Black Thunder said. "I'm on it!"

Dematerializing into pure light, Grease Lightning shot up into the air and snatched Green Goblin up out of the way of the fireball. "Hey, we should

cool him down before he gets too angry." Black Thunder said. "I'm on it." Grease Lightning said. But before anybody could make a move

a giant splash of water came down on Firestorm causing his flames to go out. Spider-boy swung by and grabbed him, setting him down gently.

"Anger management is definitely in order for this guy." Spider-boy said. "As for the Goblin, he's jailbound." Grease Lightning said. "Thanks

for pouring that water on Firestorm, Spider-boy." Black Thunder said. "What? I didn't pour water on him." Spider-boy said. "Then who did?"

"You guys can thank me later." They turned to see Stryker standing by a lampost. "Who is that?" Grease Lightning asked. "Stryker?" Spider-boy

responded. "You guys had quite the light show going here. Good thing I decided to come to the boardwalk today." Stryker said as he walked over to them.

"So the threat is over?" Spider-boy asked. "Yeah, tie him up and leave him for the police." Grease Lightning said. "Sounds good to me."

Spider-boy webbed up the Green Goblin and then the heroes went to discussion. "We didn't do too badly back there. We just need to work on

our teamwork." Spider-boy said. "This team thing might not be so bad." Grease Lightning said. "Team? What team?" Firestorm asked.

"We came looking for you to see if you'd wanna be apart of our team, Firestorm." Black Thunder said. "Why would I do that? I work alone!"

Firestorm said. "Well today should have made it more obvious we can do better against crime if we work together instead of keeping the peace

in different parts of the city on our own." Spider-boy said. "Yeah and we wouldn't have put out that fire in Elmhurst without you, Firestorm."

Grease Lightning said. "And you wouldn't have beaten Ice Pack without me, Stryker." Spider-boy mentioned. "Yeah I guess that's true. But Ice

Pack escaped. He's on the loose again." Stryker said. "Well then we'll just take him down together." Black Thunder said. "I say we form the

team." "Firestorm?" Spider-boy said. "Eh...sure why not." Firestorm agreed. Everybody looked at Stryker just then. "Grrr...why should I?"

"Hey, I dunno what kind of history you and Ice Pack have but you obviously want to work for something better. Why not let us help you?"

Spider-boy said. Stryker balled his fists and squinched his face with hesitation. But then he finally looked at the others. "Fine, I'll do it.

Besides, someone needs to watch your backs. You guys are careless. One villain shouldn't give 4 super heroes so much trouble." Stryker said.

"Then it's settled! Us 5 will be the Titans of New York City." Spider-boy said. "New York Protectors for life!" They shouted. The legacy starts.

Young Kento
Chapter 4: Firestorm's Crush

Alex and his group of friends found themselves at the skatepark despite a previous engagement. "Shouldn't we be studying for that trigonometry

test?" Andy asked. "I think there is only one person in the group that even has to worry about math." Alex responded as he pointed to Jeff.

He was sitting on the bench fishing through his trigonometry text and notebooks before he looked up at his friends. "What?" He stared curiously.

"Well guys we're at the skatepark...get on those boards and start skating, with the exception of Jeff because he has to study." Alex said

Jeff put on a pouting face while Maria turned and stuck her tongue out at him. "Sorry dude, I can't have people on my team who have low GPAs

on their heads. It's just a standard I set for the team. No As no air." Alex took off with the others to start skateboarding on the ramps.

In Manhattan, Alan was just coming off of the E-train at Penn Station. He was heading home from another day at Kew Gardens High School.

He'd come of the station when he smacked heads with someone. "OWW! Crap, I'm sorry! You ok?" Alan said. "Damn that hurt

. Why don't you look where you're going?" Alan then looked up and stared into the eyes of Kent Spealing. "I'm sorry dude. I didn't see you."

"Well maybe if you'd look in front of you...!" Kent said. He was coming back from anger management class that day. It was obvious he had a

lousy day. Or perhaps it was his usual demeanor that made him so hot tempered that moment. Well it didn't matter for too much longer when

Alan felt a sharp sensation in his brain.Spider-sense...tingling! Not good! After that would follow a loud crash and sounds of screaming.

He turned to see a huge rock creature tossing parked cars around. "What the hell is that?" Kent and Alan would simultaneously

say. They turned and would stare at each other before running off in seperate directions. Alan found a place to change by a dumpster.

Kent looked around and saw a phone booth. "Not exactly my style..." Kent stepped into the phone booth and suddenly it became filled with

flames before he stepped out as Firestorm in the middle of the panicked crowd. He flew off into the air only to be joined by Spider-boy moments

after. "Firestorm?" "Spiderkid?" A car flew by them just then. "We can greet each other later. Let's take care of the thing here." Spider-boy said.

Firestorm flew down at the rock creature. Spider-boy used a webline to swing down and land on the creature's back. "Hey, does Ben Grimm

know you stole his costume?" The creature knocked him off. "WHOA!" Spider-boy launched a webline at a horizontal flagpole and he swung,

back up, landing on the pole. Firestorm flew up to the rock creature and with his fists extended, he'd exert flames against his body. The rock

creature walked through his flames and slammed into Firestorm with one of his fists. Spider-boy caught him with a web-net before he could

hit the wall. He jumped over to Firestorm to see if he was ok. "Here's a science tip. Rock is highly resistent to heat." "Shut up and eat flies!"

Firestorm burned through the net and flew toward the rock creature. The creature knocked him back down to the street floor. Spider-boy

landed next to him. "He's made of solid cinder. How do we penetrate that?" Spider-boy asked. "The only way that works for me, brute flaming

force." His fists became embalmed with flames before he took off, smashing his hand into the body of the rock monster. He found he had

not penetrated him at all; so much as even effected him. The creature rose his fist to slam down on him again. Just before impact could be

made, a green energy blast smacked into the creature forcing him back. Then a voice called out, "Titans, go!" Spider-boy and Firestorm

turned as he saw 5 teens come by and attack the rock monster. The first to attack was made by a guy who was partially made like a machine.

Forming his hand into a gun, he shot out a sonic blast from the holster. The rock creature was forced back again. The next attack would be

be made by a girl who was dressed in a black bathing suit wearing a purple cape and hood. "Azarath Metreone ZYNTHOSE!" She shrouded a car in black energy and would

move it at her will, launching it into the creature. Next came a shapeshifter who morphed himself into a Rhinocerous and would slam

slam the rock creature into a building. The final attack was launched by a boy in red and green tights with a black cape. He was recognized

instantly. "Ok is that Batman's sidekick or am I dreaming?" Firestorm asked. Robin powerful struck into the creature with a flying kick that

brought the creature down flat. "BOOYAH!" The team of teenagers got together and got the creature ready to be taken away. Spider-boy and

Firestorm went over to them. "Hey what's the big idea of takin down our bad guy?" Firestorm asked. "Your bad guy? Dude he's so our bad

guy!" Said the shapeshifter. "Beast Boy here is right. This guy's name is Cinderblock. He's a dangerous monster who escaped from our city.

We've been tracking him ever since." Spoke the one partly made of machine. "Beast Boy eh, fits you pretty good seeing as how you change

into animals." Firestorm said. "Hey Robin, does Batman know you're out past your curfew?" Spider-boy asked. Robin looked at him angrily.

"Uh, it's best not to mention him." Beast Boy said. "Anyway, sorry we got in your way. Thanks for holding him long enough for us to catch

him." Robin said. "Sure thing, boy wonder. I'm Spider-boy and this is Firestorm." "Ah, cool to meet you two. This is my team here, the teen

titans. Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Starfire." Cyborg waved at them. "Nice to meet ya bros." Beast boy walked up to them. "Cool

suits dudes." Raven simply nodded her head. "What they said." She spoke in a low monotone voice. "I am also please to meet you, friends."

Firestorm turned to shake hands with Starfire and when he got a look at her he froze. He felt his heart race and his eyes grew wide. His face

turned red. "Star....fire..." He mumbled. She shook his hand and then walked over to her group. "Anyway, we'd better get going. Hope to see

you again." Robin said. "See ya later, guys." Spider-boy said. Raven covered her team in a black energy in the form of a raven and flew off.

"Wow, those are some awesome super heroes, Firestorm." When Firestorm didn't answer he turned to him. "Firestorm?" Firestorm was

covered in gentle flames, staring blankly in the air. "Firestorm??"

Young Kento
Chapter 4: Firestorm's Crush

Alex and his group of friends found themselves at the skatepark despite a previous engagement. "Shouldn't we be studying for that trigonometry

test?" Andy asked. "I think there is only one person in the group that even has to worry about math." Alex responded as he pointed to Jeff.

He was sitting on the bench fishing through his trigonometry text and notebooks before he looked up at his friends. "What?" He stared curiously.

"Well guys we're at the skatepark...get on those boards and start skating, with the exception of Jeff because he has to study." Alex said

Jeff put on a pouting face while Maria turned and stuck her tongue out at him. "Sorry dude, I can't have people on my team who have low GPAs

on their heads. It's just a standard I set for the team. No As no air." Alex took off with the others to start skateboarding on the ramps.

In Manhattan, Alan was just coming off of the E-train at Penn Station. He was heading home from another day at Kew Gardens High School.

He'd come of the station when he smacked heads with someone. "OWW! Crap, I'm sorry! You ok?" Alan said. "Damn that hurt

. Why don't you look where you're going?" Alan then looked up and stared into the eyes of Kent Spealing. "I'm sorry dude. I didn't see you."

"Well maybe if you'd look in front of you...!" Kent said. He was coming back from anger management class that day. It was obvious he had a

lousy day. Or perhaps it was his usual demeanor that made him so hot tempered that moment. Well it didn't matter for too much longer when

Alan felt a sharp sensation in his brain.Spider-sense...tingling! Not good! After that would follow a loud crash and sounds of screaming.

He turned to see a huge rock creature tossing parked cars around. "What the hell is that?" Kent and Alan would simultaneously

say. They turned and would stare at each other before running off in seperate directions. Alan found a place to change by a dumpster.

Kent looked around and saw a phone booth. "Not exactly my style..." Kent stepped into the phone booth and suddenly it became filled with

flames before he stepped out as Firestorm in the middle of the panicked crowd. He flew off into the air only to be joined by Spider-boy moments

after. "Firestorm?" "Spiderkid?" A car flew by them just then. "We can greet each other later. Let's take care of the thing here." Spider-boy said.

Firestorm flew down at the rock creature. Spider-boy used a webline to swing down and land on the creature's back. "Hey, does Ben Grimm

know you stole his costume?" The creature knocked him off. "WHOA!" Spider-boy launched a webline at a horizontal flagpole and he swung,

back up, landing on the pole. Firestorm flew up to the rock creature and with his fists extended, he'd exert flames against his body. The rock

creature walked through his flames and slammed into Firestorm with one of his fists. Spider-boy caught him with a web-net before he could

hit the wall. He jumped over to Firestorm to see if he was ok. "Here's a science tip. Rock is highly resistent to heat." "Shut up and eat flies!"

Firestorm burned through the net and flew toward the rock creature. The creature knocked him back down to the street floor. Spider-boy

landed next to him. "He's made of solid cinder. How do we penetrate that?" Spider-boy asked. "The only way that works for me, brute flaming

force." His fists became embalmed with flames before he took off, smashing his hand into the body of the rock monster. He found he had

not penetrated him at all; so much as even effected him. The creature rose his fist to slam down on him again. Just before impact could be

made, a green energy blast smacked into the creature forcing him back. Then a voice called out, "Titans, go!" Spider-boy and Firestorm

turned as he saw 5 teens come by and attack the rock monster. The first to attack was made by a guy who was partially made like a machine.

Forming his hand into a gun, he shot out a sonic blast from the holster. The rock creature was forced back again. The next attack would be

be made by a girl who was dressed in a black bathing suit wearing a purple cape and hood. "Azarath Metreone ZYNTHOSE!" She shrouded a car in black energy and would

move it at her will, launching it into the creature. Next came a shapeshifter who morphed himself into a Rhinocerous and would slam

slam the rock creature into a building. The final attack was launched by a boy in red and green tights with a black cape. He was recognized

instantly. "Ok is that Batman's sidekick or am I dreaming?" Firestorm asked. Robin powerful struck into the creature with a flying kick that

brought the creature down flat. "BOOYAH!" The team of teenagers got together and got the creature ready to be taken away. Spider-boy and

Firestorm went over to them. "Hey what's the big idea of takin down our bad guy?" Firestorm asked. "Your bad guy? Dude he's so our bad

guy!" Said the shapeshifter. "Beast Boy here is right. This guy's name is Cinderblock. He's a dangerous monster who escaped from our city.

We've been tracking him ever since." Spoke the one partly made of machine. "Beast Boy eh, fits you pretty good seeing as how you change

into animals." Firestorm said. "Hey Robin, does Batman know you're out past your curfew?" Spider-boy asked. Robin looked at him angrily.

"Uh, it's best not to mention him." Beast Boy said. "Anyway, sorry we got in your way. Thanks for holding him long enough for us to catch

him." Robin said. "Sure thing, boy wonder. I'm Spider-boy and this is Firestorm." "Ah, cool to meet you two. This is my team here, the teen

titans. Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Starfire." Cyborg waved at them. "Nice to meet ya bros." Beast boy walked up to them. "Cool

suits dudes." Raven simply nodded her head. "What they said." She spoke in a low monotone voice. "I am also please to meet you, friends."

Firestorm turned to shake hands with Starfire and when he got a look at her he froze. He felt his heart race and his eyes grew wide. His face

turned red. "Star....fire..." He mumbled. She shook his hand and then walked over to her group. "Anyway, we'd better get going. Hope to see

you again." Robin said. "See ya later, guys." Spider-boy said. Raven covered her team in a black energy in the form of a raven and flew off.

"Wow, those are some awesome super heroes, Firestorm." When Firestorm didn't answer he turned to him. "Firestorm?" Firestorm was

covered in gentle flames, staring blankly in the air. "Firestorm??"

Young Kento
Chapter 5: Frozen Intentions

Stryker lunged fast attempting to swipe a kick across the face of Ice Pack. Ice Pack simple ducked his kick and wedged a fist into his

stomach. He struggled to keep himself from collapsing only to take a punch to the face. Stryker slid against the ground till his head hung over

the edge of the rooftop. Ice Pack came running at him but Stryker would act fast getting to his feet and leaping over him. He landed and

took Ice Pack off his feet with a sweep kick. Ice Pack rolled to the side when he hit the ground. Stryker launched an explosive marble at him.

Ice Pack jumped up avoiding the micro-explosion. Ice Pack took out his freeze gun and blasted at Stryker. Stryker attempted to jump but had

his legs frozen before he could move. "GRR! NO!" Ice Pack walked toward him. "Trapped again, Spokes! You always were an easy catch."

He slammed a fist in his face. "Sometimes I don't know why I took you in!" He sent Stryker to the ground with a kick to his side. Stryker tried

to crawl away but Ice Pack picked him up by his shirt collar. "I sheltered you from the cold world, taught you how to survive, gave

you the skills you needed to take down enemies, and you defy me. You're pitiful!" He slammed a knee into his back and threw him near the

edge of the rooftop. He then pulled out his freeze gun. "It's time I put your miserable life under a thick sheet of ice. Good night, Spokes."

"AAAAAH!!!" Stryker sat up in bed, his face covered in sweat and he was breathing heavy. "The dream...that same dream again." He got up

out of bed and walked into his bathroom. Turning on the water, he started soaking his face. He looked in the mirror and instead of his

reflection he saw Ice Pack's. "What's wrong? You look frightened. I guess the big bad Daren Spokes is nothing but a whining baby!" He then

started laughing. Stryker got intensely angered. "YOU BASTARD!" Taking his fist he smashed the mirror into pieces. He then stopped and

looked at the ground, his breathing labored. "He's...he's getting to me! I have to chill out." He walked back into his bedroom. "All these years

I spent with him, thinking he was a friend. He just used me to get his dirty work done. Well Ice Pack, I got news for ya. You're not torturing

me anymore. Because now I'm going to strike back." He went into gear and stepped out of his window going up the fire escape to the roof.

"Ok Ice, time to bring the heat to you!" Elsewhere in Manhattan over west 23rd, Spider-boy was out webslinging. "This is so relaxing. I love

doing it. When I'm webslinging, all my teenage troubles just disappear. Fighting Cinderblock with the Teen Titans, the Green Goblin with

Firestorm, Grease Lightning and Black Thunder and then there was that Ice Pack guy with Stryker. Hmm, speaking of Stryker, I haven't seen

him since the battle with Green Goblin in Coney Island. I hope he's ok. I guess it wouldn't hurt to swing uptown and see if he's running around."

Spider-boy said as he started to swing uptown. Stryker was darting across rooftops in the Bronx. He was heading for Pelham Bay Park.

"Ice Pack's old hideaway was here. Maybe the fool left some kind of clue to where he might of re-located. I'm sure he's out doing his dirt."

Stryker jumped down to the alleyway and darted out the back way to an old factory. He went over and pushed a secret lever on the wall. This

caused it to open up. Spider-boy landed in the yard not too long after he went inside. "Good thing I put a tracer on him. What's he doing

here?" Stryker walked down the hall. The place was quiet and looked deserted. He came to a room. This was where the gangs had their

weapons; freeze guns, normal guns, knives, electric explosives, a real arsenal. But the room was empty this time. "Empty, he's definitely not

here anymore." He went back out of the room and jumped. "AAH!" Spider-boy was standing there. "Not exactly the best place to call home

eh, Stryker?" "YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" Stryker yelled. "Came to check up on a fellow teammate. Is that ok?" Spider-

boy asked. "Teammate! Just because I helped you and your friends defeat that Green Goblin you think that means we're a team? I'm not

one of your teammates and I don't need your help so you can just leave now." Stryker said. "If memory serves me correct you needed my help

last time we met up here in the Bronx. What are you doing here anyway?" Spider-boy asked. "It's none of your concern web-brain! Now

go home! Go do some homework or something!" Stryker said as he walked down the hall. "Excuse me for breathing!" "Stupid bug boy!

Thinks I need his help. I don't need help. I don't need anybody." "No but you could use an attitude adjustment." "I thought I told you..."

He threw a punch for Spider-boy. Spider-boy leaped over him and tied up his legs with a webline. He then forced him to the floor by yanking

him. "Listen Stryker, if memory serves me correct you agreed to team up with the rest of us after the Green Goblin fight was over. When you

make a commitment like that you stick with it. So like it or not I'm helping you. Besides, if I was able to bring you down this easy, I doubt

anybody else would have much of a hard time. Especially that Ice Pack guy." Spider-boy said. "YOU SHUT UP! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT

ME?" Stryker said as he pulled off the webbing from his feet. "Enough to know you're too angry to see straight. So you're telling me what

you're doing here. And you're telling me now!" Stryker calmed down after that and told him about the nightmares and why he was here.

"Well this Ice Pack seems to know you pretty well. You're not going to be able to fight him easily. So I'm willing to help you find him. But if

you're going to win, you need to come up with some new fighting tactics. Using the ones he taught you won't work." Spider-boy said.

"If you're lucky then after you win the fight the nightmares should stop." "Fine, you can help. But just you! Don't get those other dorks

involved in this." "Firestorm has his hands full with some situations in Bay Ridge and the Thunder and Lightning pair are taking on Dr Ashford.

Believe me, you and I will be the only ones that step up to Ice Pack." "Then let's go!" Stryker said.

Axeron
I love this story!! I havent gotten that far as i want to but I'll read it all in time.

Trickster
I think you should keep writing it.

Maybe use paragraphs, though. It makes the text easier to read.

Cwick
Yeah it would be a lot easier to read in paragraphs. Very awesome story though. Keep writing!

Young Kento
Chapter 6: Firestorm's Training

Cinderblock had managed to make a return appearance in New York City. This time he'd chosen to ravage Coney Island. Kent Spealing had decided to hang out there, wanting to perhaps meet some people. He saw Cinderblock. "Well well well! Look who wants a rematch!" He said. Immediately he decided to rush behind a tent. Cinderblock smashed through several of the stands, causing a panic among the tourists. Suddenly he was hit by a condensed ball of fire. Cinderblock turned to see Firestorm up in the air. "Hey there blockhead. Remember me?" Cinderblock swiped his arm at Firestorm. Firestorm swerved out of the way. "I guess you do. Let's get this party started then. HYAH!" Firestorm focused flames into his hands then launched them down on Cinderblock. Cinderblock shot through the flames and smashed Firestorm in the face with a punch. Firestorm hit the ground. Firestorm got up on his feet. "That was good. My turn!" Firestorm shrouded his fists in flames. He shot up into the air toward Cinderblock. He slammed his flaming fists in Cinderblock's face sliding him backwards. Cinderblock simply moved forward slamming Firestorm against the ground. Traces of flames began to rise up through cinderblock's fist. The flames rematerialized into an angry Firestorm.

"You shouldn't have done that!" He said as flames flared around his body and from his purely white eyes. Firestorm stretched his arms out and a swirl of flames started to surround him. "YAH!" He sent the flames directly into Cinderblock knocking him backwards. Cinderblock lunged into the air afterwards and came down toward Firestorm. Firestorm flew out of the way. Cinderblock swung furiously at Firestorm, Firestorm swinging out of the way of each thrust. Cinderblock then grabbed Firestorm and started to squeeze him. "Grrr!" Firestorm wasn't able to get loose. "Let go you pile of bricks!" Suddenly a nicely sized rock smashed into Cinderblock, forcing him to release his grip on Firestorm. Firestorm looked over to see Raven floating in the air. Starfire was coming down launching starbolts at Cinderblock. "Staaarfire!" Firestorm said in a daze. Raven landed on the ground next to Firestorm. "You alright?" Raven asked. "Aren't you guys suppose to be with the other Titans?" Firestorm said. "Robin sent us to retrieve Cinderblock while he and the others tended to a serious problem back home. He said we'd get some help from you." "Well we should get moving then." Firestorm and Raven went into the air. Raven focused her energy. "Azarath, Metreon, ZINTHOS!" She launched a wave of black energy. "Focus your energy, Firestorm and launch it with mine." She said. "Right! HYAH!" Firestorm launched a wave of flames.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.