Night Watch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ou Be Low hoo
Anyone else heard about or seen this new movie?

It was made in Russia and it looks excellent...I think it's already been released over there, and the word from The Kremlin is that it's the dog's large, hairy testicles...

Apparently, it has that WOW-factor that the original Matrix movie had when it came out...

Check the trailer...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/night_watch/large.html

MildPossession
It's been out in Russia for donkeys, it was bigger than Lord of the Rings over in Russia. I have wanted to see it ever since I heard it was getting made. Could be an interesting trilogy(unless America get hold of the third part, which they might do).

They are making the second film in Russia at the moment.

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by MildPossession
Could be an interesting trilogy(unless America get hold of the third part, which they might do).

Yeah, I heard that the studio(Fox...) is already putting some pressure on them to make the 3rd part in English...I think it's a shame to change the format fo the sake of bigger bucks, but Murdoch is money-maker...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
When will they ever learn?

Fire
GREAT MOVIE, SUPER SOMETHING NON HOLLYWOOD FOR A CHANGE

Nevermind
Definitely has the potential to be a great trilogy. First was good and a great starter for the trilogy, therefore leaving the others to improve on the story and even being potentially better.

Fire
well said smile

Lord Melkor
I have seen it, very nice movie, great atmosphere and original special effects. Much better than Constantine.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wonderful movie. Original, inventive and leaves more than a taste for delicious sequels to follow...

Morpheus
when is it coming the u.s??

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think it has been and gone, hasn't it?

MildPossession
February 2006, I'm sure that is the release date over in America...

Darkman87
It has already come to Turkey. It was a great movie. I would suggest you to go see the movie when it comes. You will not regret what you will see but Russian.

atefnazmy
thank u

papabeard
Annoyingly , I still have not seen this.

MildPossession
Day Watch, the second movie it out already over in Russia on dvd. Nightwatch is out to rent soon on dvd here Papabeard, can't remember if you are from England.

Backspace
That trailer is the scaryest thing ive ever seen in the beggining, when its all quite and that girl jumps up into the camera. Holy crap.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Here's a link to all the trailers for 'Night Watch 2' aka 'Day Watch':

Day Watch Trailers

It looks like the elephant's testicles. The car driving on the side of the building = wow.

thegreatrudini
Ive got it on pre order its out in the UK on the 24th of april.

Just a random fact did you know its Russias most expensive movie ever made?

samishe
Originally posted by thegreatrudini
Ive got it on pre order its out in the UK on the 24th of april.

Just a random fact did you know its Russias most expensive movie ever made?

Yeah, i know...

C-Dic
Just a note, the DVD drops in the United States next Tuesday. Alison and I watched it tonight. At first, I said to myself "I don't know what the hell is going on, but I'm loving it". Luckily, it was all fleshed out soon after, and quite thoroughly.

Very entertaining film. Incredibly original, moderately paced, enjoyable, and fun fun fun.

papabeard
Wasnt anywhere near as good as I hoped it would be, too many special effects, camera techniques and CGI. Quite a cliched story and it can be difficult to know whats going on, definetly interesting, visually it was good and the ambition is great, but I have to say as a whole it was just OK.

MildPossession
Really, I thought there was a good amount of effects, nothing claustrophobic/a lot of it to put you off, and the subtitles in parts were just fantastic.

I love the end credits too, with Shatter by Feeder playing over them, think it's some other band on the American version for some reason.

Explain the cliched parts please?

C-Dic
Cinematography seemed moderately different, and I couldn't think of one cliche, given no other movie like this has been done. It may be somewhat of an amalgum of movies (Star Wars, Underworld namely).

papabeard
Originally posted by MildPossession

Explain the cliched parts please?

I felt the storyline/plot was somewhat cliched, like id heard it before. Just the whole light and dark, day and night thing, is kind of like Blade, and their were similarities with Underworld and The Matrix in a way (however its definetly way better than underworld, no contest ), and the whole chosen one choosing his path was a bit like star wars.

Wolfie
I just watched it tonight. It was fantastic. I'll go with the above statement. I didn't know what the hell was going on but it was awesome! I'll be awaiting Day Watch.

dancehall
i havent watched it... anyone knows the name in russian plz....

Nevermind
Originally posted by dancehall
i havent watched it... anyone knows the name in russian plz....

Nochnoy Dozor

Myth
I was terribly disappointed. It took me two separate nights to sit through it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.