Mr. Majestic VS. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes this one?

Debate.

The Flash
Majestic.

Sentry
Originally posted by The Flash
Majestic.

It's a rare occasion, but I agree with you here.

Khellendros
Majestic. He's smarter, stronger, just as fast and a better warrior.

Sentry
I'm A Majestic fanboy, but do guys think he's the best Superman rip off? I do. Supreme 2nd. Sentry 3rd. Gladiator 4th.

The Flash
Best rip off ever.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Sentry
I'm A Majestic fanboy, but do guys think he's the best Superman rip off? I do. Supreme 2nd. Sentry 3rd. Gladiator 4th.
Yup, followed closely by Gladiator and then Apollo. If you can't tell, I dig characters with the Superman powerset who do not hesitate to f*ck their opponents up.

manjaro
the creator of majestros conceded that he came up with him with a pre crisis superman in mind, cuz he didnt like the self exile that comic companies placed them selves in by toning down all thier characters he thought that comics were seriously lacking a super powerful for no reason kind of character so he just dredged him up. that being said i side with majestic.......whats real funny tho is i wont be too surprised when i see the mr majestic vs pre-crisis superman thread popping up

yep, i guess i would have to say that of all the superman archetypes:
Apollo
gladiator
hyperion
majestic
i would actually pick them over him as to who my fave is, cuz they let thier enemies have it. they dont have time for that lame ass boyscout mentality about taking a vow never to kill, ever.......and not helping mankind more than they can help themselves, cuz thier gonna start expecting too much from him ..........or no fighting to the death becuz all life is sacred and everyone deserves a second chance....blah blah blah

i swaer that gets to me sometimes. i mean superman has been around for almost 80 years you would think that writers would make him grow up a little now you, know. i mean, i dont want to see superman develop a taste for wanton killing but just fighting to repel an enemy and talking them down isnt gonna cut it for me anymore.

take that supergirl run for instance, where darksied sent all those doomsday clones to themiscara, to lay waste to the place and they were making quite the quick work of the amazons and superman was just trying to contain them instead of destroying the bastards, and it wasnt until he realized that they were lifeless doppelgangers.he was all like " gee,i dont sense any heartbeats so that means these creatures arent alive so im just gonna end this now"

i just know that he was holding out hope that they would just get fed up and retreat. when i see actions like those im like grow up dude, this is the real world we live in, sometimes the bad ppl gotta go bye bye.

Scoobless
Originally posted by manjaro
this is the real world we live in, sometimes the bad ppl gotta go bye bye.

this from a guy that lives in a country that'll sell a gun to anyone with a license...... how many handgun killings do you think happen because one person sees the other as a "bad guy"?

Superman's character is about being a role model moor than a warrior

Avalonofthewind
Supes wins this. In the Wildcats/JLA crossover even electric supes kicked his @SS.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supes wins this. In the Wildcats/JLA crossover even electric supes kicked his @SS.
Noooo, really? Energy being Supes who was doing feats like towing the moon around without trouble? He beat Majestic? SHOCKER!

Originally posted by Scoobless
Exactly. I just happen to prefer warrior-types over role models.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Khellendros
Noooo, really? Energy being Supes who was doing feats like towing the moon around without trouble? He beat Majestic? SHOCKER!

Exactly. I just happen to prefer warrior-types over role models.

Yup! So do you feel good by attempting to be a sarcastic wiseass? Gee willikers! Good fer u!

manjaro
this from a guy that lives in a country that'll sell a gun to anyone with a license...... how many handgun killings do you think happen because one person sees the other as a "bad guy"?

thats only in times of supposed self defense ppl see others as the bad guy so ill say not as much as you'd think. im not sure i understood that. do you mean a driver's license or a license to carry a conceled weapon? for if its the latter then by all means, by all the gunz you want. and one more thing stats show that in America the majorty of "handgun" killings as you put it is not perpetrated by ppl with a permit, they are done so by criminals who acquire them illegally so i dont know where youre going with this, or how gun control got brought up in how lame superman can be sometimes.

i dont see superman as my role model, thats for damn sure. im jealous of his powers but thats where my admiration stops. the guy literally has the power to take over the freaking world, and he keeps pussy footing around his enemies, even when they are out to kill him...i think most would agree that is pretty lame

Mider
who is Energy Supes

long pig

The first thing every Dictator like hitler or stalin or whomever does when taking over a country is ban gun sales to citizens, for fear of citizens rising up and re-taking the country.

You have nothing to keep your country from making you a slave.
Whatcha gonna do? Stab them with those big knives you keep in your socks?

Americans keep guns because we won't allow ourselves to become pawns for Dictators like many european countries did before.

Eon Blue
Majestros

MrMind
majestic easily

long pig
The last thing we need is someone dragging out 6 year old threads........cool

Allankles
What's the deal with Supes haters and Superman rip offs? They go gaga for the copy but not the original?

Philosophía
Superman is better in every way.
Originally posted by Allankles
What's the deal with Supes haters and Superman rip offs? They go gaga for the copy but not the original? They like him in the way that they can either:
a). Use him to demean Superman or
b). He is completly different from Superman, mostly a "badass Superman who kills!", because they're still at the mental development when they think Punisher is awesome.

Starscream M

Philosophía
My point exactly.

Starscream M

"Id"
Mr. Majestic my be a rip off, but a superior rip off.

leonidas
supes is quite different now than at the time this thread was created. i'd go with superman.

Batman-Prime
Didn't they had a bout already? Anyway 50%-50% IMHO. I like both btw.

Existere

StyleTime
This is a good fight.

Allankles
Originally posted by Starscream M
well, if the ultimate boy scout had frank's balls, then a lot more innocent lives would've been spared. erm

A big part of his whole image as a "boy scout" has a lot to do with DC's anti-killing policy regarding a lot of it's main heroes. Superman didn't start out as a boy scout.

Not that he needs to be ruthless to be bad ass.

Allankles

Uriel005
Majestic is still basically at PC Kryptonian levels. Also he is much mre of a dick than superman and really doesn't hold back as much as he does. So I'd actually back him in a fight against PC supes despite being slightly physically weaker ignoring Superman's stupidly powerful feats.

carver9
He isn't PC Supes and Superman is winning this.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Existere
You can only like this character if you hate his inspiration?No, read what I said again, and in relation to what. But I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, smurphy. Take a cookie.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Existere
Generalizations ftw? You can only like this character if you hate his inspiration?

I like Clark, I like Majestic more. Not because he's a 'badass superman!' but because I simply think that his character's more interesting (though Clark has and always will have better stories, thanks to DC's considerably larger talent pool and his facetime. both also have bad stories, but so does everybody).

Then again, I think Punisher's pretty cool, so I guess I'm too mentally regressed to understand Superman and to form a personal opinion.

thumb up

I like Majestic; I think he's pretty neat, but not for being a "badass" Superman. I also like Superman, too.

kgkg
Originally posted by Uriel005
Majestic is still basically at PC Kryptonian levels. Also he is much mre of a dick than superman and really doesn't hold back as much as he does. So I'd actually back him in a fight against PC supes despite being slightly physically weaker ignoring Superman's stupidly powerful feats. http://www.gifbin.com/bin/g655115633g6.gif

Digi
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Didn't they had a bout already? Anyway 50%-50% IMHO. I like both btw.

It wasn't actually Supes. It was a reality warper's idea of him.

Anyway. Majestic has durability issues often enough to call it an area where he is beneath Kal. He's more skilled, slightly faster, just as strong, versatile, etc. But can't take it quite as well as dishing it out.

Superman for the majority.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Digi
It wasn't actually Supes. It was a reality warper's idea of him.

Anyway. Majestic has durability issues often enough to call it an area where he is beneath Kal. He's more skilled, slightly faster, just as strong, versatile, etc. But can't take it quite as well as dishing it out.

Superman for the majority. how is majestic faster than superman? confused

Omega Vision
well, if the ultimate boy scout had frank's balls, then a lot more innocent lives would've been spared. erm
If there was someone with Superman's power and Punisher's moral code it'd be like living in the Old Testament. Total suck.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
If there was someone with Superman's power and Punisher's moral code it'd be like living in the Old Testament. Total suck. punisher's moral code is scum deserves to be eliminated. unless you're a murderer, rapist, etc, you have nothing to worry about. Are you a murderer, OV? roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
punisher's moral code is scum deserves to be eliminated. unless you're a murderer, rapist, etc, you have nothing to worry about. Are you a murderer, OV? roll eyes (sarcastic)

it's not that simple.

what's to stop a superman with that kind of moral code wiping out half of north korea, or iran, or murdering thousands of people in africa?

Nobody with that kind of attitude should have that much power.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
it's not that simple.

what's to stop a superman with that kind of moral code wiping out half of north korea, or iran, or murdering thousands of people in africa?

Nobody with that kind of attitude should have that much power. if he's killing murderers and rapists, then good, more power to him imo.

punisher's moral code is pretty clear...innocents have nothing to fear from him. its not like he's gonna start busting kids for downloading MP3s. He only goes after the worst in society...those who victimize other innocents.

Omega Vision
punisher's moral code is scum deserves to be eliminated. unless you're a murderer, rapist, etc, you have nothing to worry about. Are you a murderer, OV? roll eyes (sarcastic)
He's killed more than just murderers and rapists though.

Edit: The problem Bruce is accountability: no one would have any authority over this Super-Punisher and no one would be able to stop him if he went overboard.

Besides what moral justification does he have to take life? What gives him that right? Just that he's too powerful to be reproached or stopped? That to me is bullshit.

JakeTheBank
Punisher's definition of "innocent" also needs some taking into account. Frank is a sociopath who actually enjoys killing.

Starscream M
He's killed more than just murderers and rapists though.

Edit: The problem Bruce is accountability: no one would have any authority over this Super-Punisher and no one would be able to stop him if he went overboard.

Besides what moral justification does he have to take life? What gives him that right? Just that he's too powerful to be reproached or stopped? That to me is bullshit. what gives our criminal justice system the right to determine how many years to put away criminals? there is no absolute right. I think what Punisher does really wouldn't cross the line for most people in the world.

and he would still be accountable to other heroes...lanterns, WW, MM, Flash, etc.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Punisher's definition of "innocent" also needs some taking into account. Frank is a sociopath who actually enjoys killing. no you're wrong. he enjoys the scum getting whats coming to them. he takes no pleasure in simply killing.

-Pr-
what gives our criminal justice system the right to determine how many years to put away criminals? there is no absolute right. I think what Punisher does really wouldn't cross the line for most people in the world.

and he would still be accountable to other heroes...lanterns, WW, MM, Flash, etc.

if he went rogue, he'd be evil for about five minutes before they all came after him, and he'd be locked up.

No more Superman.

celeyhyga17
Majestic is pretty coo. I just wish he didnt have black hair like Clark.. At least have the decency to not be a total look alike... the artists shouldve at least given him like dark brown hair or something instead of looking like Clark's twin.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Majestic is pretty coo. I just wish he didnt have black hair like Clark.. At least have the decency to not be a total look alike... the artists shouldve at least given him like dark brown hair or something instead of looking like Clark's twin.
Well the artist/writer specifically wanted him to be a blatant Superman clone.

Pretty sure they got bought out by DC right after his creation lol.

"Id"
how is majestic faster than superman? confused On average, we see Majestic use his superspeed more often than Supes.

Eon Blue
Majestic is superior to every way than Supes.

Philosophía
Originally posted by "Id"
On average, we see Majestic use his superspeed more often than Supes. And that makes him faster than Superman?

MetalIsDead

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by "Id"
On average, we see Majestic use his superspeed more often than Supes.

Let's ignore the large flaw in that reasoning and get right down to it: How does that make him faster than Superman?

What his fastest feat? Doing research for a few nanoseconds and returning with a weapon? Superman was operating on a nanosecond level as far back as the Bryne days.

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Majestic is superior to every way than Supes.

Why? Because his Majestic?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Why? Because his Majestic? it should be 'he's' not 'his'

Parmaniac
Originally posted by long pig
The first thing every Dictator like hitler or stalin or whomever does when taking over a country is ban gun sales to citizens, for fear of citizens rising up and re-taking the country.

You have nothing to keep your country from making you a slave.
Whatcha gonna do? Stab them with those big knives you keep in your socks?

Americans keep guns because we won't allow ourselves to become pawns for Dictators like many european countries did before. You really showed him what's up dude and it only needed you 6 years to reply...

"Id"

Uriel005

batdude123

quanchi112
it should be 'he's' not 'his' laughing out loud

Existere

Eon Blue
The Supes fanboyism is extremely sickening.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Omega Vision
Apparently if we don't accept that any Superman clone is >= to Clark in every way we're rabid Superman fanboys.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by -Pr-
it's not that simple.

Nobody with that kind of attitude should have that much power.

Case in point: Sentry.

Also: I like Majestros. He's easily one of the best Superman clones. But as to whether he beats Big Blue? It's a hard fight. I give Superman the nod, but Majestros is one of the few superman analogues that could beat him straight up. Not easily though. And definitely not in "When he has to be, Superman>ALL" mode.

"Id"
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

What utterly atrocious reasoning. utterly

quanchi112
Apparently if we don't accept that any Superman clone is >= to Clark in every way we're rabid Superman fanboys. That has nothing to do with anything. Saying he's a superman clone isn't a valid debating tactic. It's like saying hulk crushes that hulk clone, doomsday.

We debate based off of portrayal and feats. Take the clone line out of your argument it has no place here.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by quanchi112
That has nothing to do with anything. Saying he's a superman clone isn't a valid debating tactic. It's like saying hulk crushes that hulk clone, doomsday.

We debate based off of portrayal and feats. Take the clone line out of your argument it has no place here.

Who wins, quan?

Digi
how is majestic faster than superman? confused

His "fly to earth from space, put together a supergun, and fly back in milliseconds" feat puts him there imo.

Anyway, lest this comment be taken out of context from my original post, I have Superman for the majority.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Digi
His "fly to earth from space, put together a supergun, and fly back in milliseconds" feat puts him there imo.

Anyway, lest this comment be taken out of context from my original post, I have Superman for the majority.
Puts him where? Equal to or better than Superman?

Because Superman has several feats in that range.

Uriel005
Does majestros get his sword. That things sexiness alone would take it for me.

Digi
Puts him where? Equal to or better than Superman?

Because Superman has several feats in that range.

I'll happily concede the point, I'm not a Supes expert, but I haven't personally seen anything at that level. The flight speed back and forth for Majestic isn't even the thing, it's the flight plus the intricate nature of the machine Majestic built, which could be considered Reed-esque in complexity and was built in between words of a sentence pretty much. To me, that's closing in on Flash-style feats.

Keep in mind, I have the big guy winning, I realize the gap isn't wide. The sheer weight of Kal's feats makes it hard for most to compete in a forum scenario.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.