Terminator 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

barand1
Why do i love this movie sooooo much?????!!

Does anyone else feel the same??

TheFilmProphet
I don't really love it, but it did open the doors for the war of the machines.

barand1
yeah i know.

but everytime i think about it i wanna put it on and watch it!!!

TheFilmProphet
Well I did enjoy the ending alot and the opening sequences were very good too.

vvvrulz
That was me for T2 and the Matrix, just went totally nuts about those movies.

TheFilmProphet
I have about a handfull of films that I feel the same way about. I almost loved T3 the first time I saw it, but that all changed within hours later after I really thought about it.

barand1
oh it's not that bad ... COME ON!

TheFilmProphet
If you were to look at it as a stand alone film with no sequels/prequels before it or after it then I would honestly be able to call it a great action film. Since it was a sequel to two prior films that were superior in most aspects that removes some credibility and overall quality of the film. Another reason is that if you are a big fan of the franchise and universe of the Terminator you will in result feel unsatisfied and more disappointed. Basically if your going to see T3 as a Terminator fan you have to forget or ignore the fact that it is a sequel to T2.

vvvrulz
Much like the Matrix Reloaded for example, or even Meet the Fockers. Both pretty decent movies, but pales in comparison to its originals.

TheFilmProphet
Exactly, films such as these work best as stand alone films when your compare them to their prequels/sequels they usually play badly.

barand1
the only down fall i believe for T3 is it lengh. It should of been much longer, as T2 was to T1, T3 should of been longer than T2.

There could of been so much thing/information put it but was not. I hope the T3.5 DVD does happen.

TheFilmProphet
I couldn't agree more,

Then length of T3 certainly was a set back because the one hour 49 minutes that they used were mostly filled with action sequences and very little time for the characters and their individual stories, backgrounds, feelings, etc. Had it been about 2 hours 20 minutes long then there could have been at least 30 minutes more of further elaborating on the characters and the story. The fault also belongs heavily to the writers and director for developing a Terminator film with mainly action and leaving out what made the franchise in the first place.

vvvrulz
T2 had that whole scene in Mexico where it did exactly what tfp said.

TheFilmProphet
Exactly, which is what Terminator 3 desperately lacked.

barand1
yeah 2 hours and 30 minutes would of been great, and would still be great if they done a director's cut or somethingsmile

vvvrulz
lol Well knowing Mostow, a directors cut may have been worse !

Jokes.

barand1
haha very funny, okay Mostow is no Cameron, but then again his not a bad director/storyteller. I kind of feel sorry for the guy the way some of you people talk about himsad

but i did read somewhere that Mostow said that the T3 we know IS the director's cut sad but there will be more future releases of the T3 DVD smile

I'm sure someone could ask Mostow for a Director's Cut.

Maybe when they make T4 they could add scenes then, I hope!

Supreme40x
It'll be interessting if T4 will be in the future for the first time in the war against the machines or again in the pressent.

TheFilmProphet
It will be in the future, even further on than we first thought as both Nick Stahl and Claire Danes are being replaced by older actors.

barand> When T4 arrives I think we will undoubtably see a flock of new DVDs for Terminator, T2, and especially T3 since we have yet to see any deleted scenes for it.

vvvrulz
Much like the original star wars trilogy dvd's were delayed.

alic88
man i am tired of this, i keep posting but next thing it says is server not available

TheFilmProphet
I hate when that kind of stuff happens too.

Originally posted by vvvrulz
Much like the original star wars trilogy dvd's were delayed.

True,

barand1
yeah me to

TheFilmProphet
Here is a review of Terminator 3 that you can read so you can hear a another view that is different than ours. http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/t/terminator3.html

barand1
i totally agree with that review, thanks TheFilmProphet

TheFilmProphet
No problem, its what I'm here for.

barand1
HAHAHA thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.