Worst Comic book artists.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Who do you think doesn't deserve to be shaping the characters we all know, don't know, love and hate?

Mainstream
I hate that Quietly guy that drew new Xmen a couple of years ago.

WindDancer
Eric Larsen sucks period! He was awful while working on the Punisher titles and even worse when he work on Amazing Spiderman. And his ultimate one-time wonder Savage Dragon is utterly lame.

DarkCrawler
Barry Smith and Chris Bachalo.

Draco69
Ron Garney for the JLA.
Carlos Pacheo for Superman/Batman

BENITO
this dude you drew the spaced out issues of TMNT vol.1.
I refuse to buy them due to there art he also drew green globs of sushi the TMNT spoof. and Raphs detective issue.

ScarletSpider
I like Carlos Pacheco, though I haven't checked out Superman/Batman, but his work on Avengers Forever was good.

Scott Kolins. His art is just ass ugly. He used to be okay, but now look at it. Check out Marvel Team-Up, or Earth's Mightiest Heroes, does he even try anymore?!

stevusmagnus
Todd McFarlane by far. His disgusting contorted art began the modern era of disgusting contorted art.

King Burger
Rob Leifeld, as I mentionedin another thread.

I hate those damned crowded lines on shrunken faces!

And his figures have crappy "movement".

GL SOLDIER
Chris Bachalo was one of my favorite artist when he was on gen x in the biginig but then it just went downhill

eleveninches
Whoever did the countdown to IC artwork sick

BENITO
Originally posted by stevusmagnus
Todd McFarlane by far. His disgusting contorted art began the modern era of disgusting contorted art.
I disagree but he doesn't draw SPAWN

ScarletSpider
Yeah, but his Spider-Man was godawful.

Also, he's not a bad artist by any measure, but he's just an artist whose style disagrees with me on some intangible level. I just don't like George Perez's work. Something about it on some level just alienates me.

BENITO
Yeah they should just of had him write cause he's not really an artist.

pr1983
bachalo... draws like a child...

xoas
what are you people judging these artist on? storytelling? anatomy? layout?

Xoas

BENITO
all fields.

MERCILOUS
Whoever drew BENITO's sig, and Rob Leifeld. If you look carefully, all his characters have the exact same face, male and female, young and old, even mutant or alien. The only difference is the hair/facial hair style, some time they all even have the same expression.

John Romita Jr. he dishonors his father.

K Von Doom
Rob Liefeld can't draw, he tries to be Jim Lee with the detail but fails miserably and the anatomy is always wrong. By association, all artists that came from his studio and learned his style. I can draw better with my left foot.

Todd MacFarlane has stated himself that anatomy is his weakest point and his Spiderman was always wrongly drawn.

Quitely made the Xmen look gay. Larsen's drawings look rushed and unfinished.

BENITO
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Whoever drew BENITO's sig, and Rob Leifeld. If you look carefully, all his characters have the exact same face, male and female, young and old, even mutant or alien. The only difference is the hair/facial hair style, some time they all even have the same expression.

John Romita Jr. he dishonors his father.

I DRAW MY OWN SIGs!!!!
I don't Qualify. who are you talking about with the same faces.

ScarletSpider
He's a different person than his father, and has his own style. Because he has a certain style, he's open to varying criticisms, people either like his work, or can't stand it.

K Von Doom
John Romita Jr isn't as good as his dad - his illustrations aren't as clean. His style is similar to Walt Simonson's - the poses are dynamic but the finished art isn't as clean and streamlined as some of the better artists out there.

MERCILOUS
His style is dirty and technically unsound. It shows none of his talent and is a mockery of all his fathers good work and good name.

BENITO
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
He's a different person than his father, and has his own style. Because he has a certain style, he's open to varying criticisms, people either like his work, or can't stand it.
his MJ's better than Erik lawsons

pr1983
ed mcguinness (sp?)

he draws the worst superman i have ever seen, its like he's constantly on steroids...

Mainstream
I hate Frank Quietly he draws everyone with booger lips.tongue12

pr1983
just looked him up...

those are some big ass lips...

Mainstream
I think he gonna draw Superman all stars

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
I think he gonna draw Superman all stars

noooo...

Mainstream
not all the issues...proberly just most of them...that still sounds bad though.

pr1983
not all the issues...proberly just most of them...that still sounds bad though.

yeah...

DarkCrawler
I love John Romita Jr. I couldn't imagine Spider-Man without him. I think he is better in drawing then his dad is.

Just compare them:
Jr.

Sr.

I don't think his dad is good at all.

Bad artists:

Jae Lee

Humberto Ramos

James Calafiore

Frank Quitely

Fransisco Herrera

pr1983
senior is more golden age... as for spidey, dodson is the best imo...

jinzin
"and Rob Leifeld. If you look carefully, all his characters have the exact same face, male and female, young and old, even mutant or alien. The only difference is the hair/facial hair style, some time they all even have the same expression."

lol.....that I was the only one that noticed that.....my sentiments exactly.....

and yeah romita jr....he does okay...some of his designs and such are actually quite nice...but he has the same..."sameness" problem that leifeld has.....except jr's art is far more 2d looking....very flat....

MERCILOUS
Mignola, for some reason he can only draw squares.

Dark Horse Hiring staff-"mignola, I saw thoses squares you drew they're beuatiful, can you draw us a circle now?"

Mignola-"Square?"

Dark Horse-"ummmm, no... a circle."

Mignola-"Square?"

Dark Horse-"cir-cle"

Mignola-"Squa-re?"

Dark Horse-"C-I.."

Mignola-"S-Q.."

And i've never seen Quietly's Supes but i'm sure Mignola's is worste.

brainchild81
The guy who drew the Truth, or the guy who drew the Cyclops mini a while back

BENITO
I hate Frank Quietly he draws everyone with booger lips.tongue12

booger lipstongue12?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Mignola, for some reason he can only draw squares.

Dark Horse Hiring staff-"mignola, I saw thoses squares you drew they're beuatiful, can you draw us a circle now?"

Mignola-"Square?"

Dark Horse-"ummmm, no... a circle."

Mignola-"Square?"

Dark Horse-"cir-cle"

Mignola-"Squa-re?"

Dark Horse-"C-I.."

Mignola-"S-Q.."

laughing

jinzin
mignola post= laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud lmao

Darth-Todd
I hate Alan Davis, anmd am so glad he is offf the x-books. Not a big Stuart Immonen fan on Ultimate X-men.

But Pacheo and Bachalo are both thumbs up in my book.

I wish Maduria would draw again... Damnit man put the X-Box down!!!!

Darth-Todd
Also Ron Garney's Tenure on the current JLA book as Sucked A$$ big time, which is baffaling because his work on the JLA our worlds at war was awesome.....

SOme one get this guy a beer..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.