Betrayed Trust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DemonicGambit-2
Okay first off I've known that my family is very untrusting and they all basically want to stab one another in the back at the first chance. And they have done it at one time or another.

But this weekend I went away to California and I came home to find that some had gotten on my computer, (considering more then of them are computer illiterate, that's not a good thing) and went through all my files, documents and accounts online. mad

And I've narrowed it down to several people, my mother (She can't turn on a computer so I doubt it was her) My oldest sister and then another one of my sisters. Now both my sisters are never home, quite literally so that only leaves my mother. I do know that one of her 'boyfriends' can work a computer and she could have gotten him to go through my things miffed: And then earlier today I even confirmed it with a friend who said I logged into my AIM account, but wouldn't answer her.

But then I begin to wonder if I'm just being to paranoid. And I'm not quite sure what I shoud do. I could confront her about it, but she'd just deny it... Or I can just ignore it and go crazy in the process. So I'm basically wondering if something like this has happened to anyone else and what did you do about it? erm

ChinaNiki
I was once talking to my cousin and somehow someone was able to use my username to butt into the conversation. I wasn't typing, but I could see them answering her with very rude comments. After that the computer crashed and my dad gave us his old one so that fixed the problem because by then all of our accounts had expired and we had to get new usernames.

Evy_O
It has never happened to me! That's very strange.
I think you should subtly ask her, or drop a hint and see her reaction. And if none works... tell her straight in her face messed
But you should also consider the possibility of hacking yes

JKozzy
That's really odd... change your passwords, I never let my comp remember mine messed

shadowraven
i say you confront them my parents went through my accounts and stuff once i blew up i totally flipped and confronted them and siad how would you liek it if i broke into your room and went through all your stuff she broke my trust and my privacy if i cannot have privacy then what is there left in this world

Linkalicious
that sucks guys (n girls)

luckily my mom doesn't know how to turn on a computer.

mechmoggy
Mrs.MM never goes through my files, they're all boring Uni stuff anyway.

Fire
just put a few paswords on your comp (real paswords not windows paswords) and that'll solve most of your problems

wuTa
yea i agree with evo....just drop a hint and look for her reaction if she pauses for more than a second than theres a good possibility she went through your comp

Fire
personaly I dont give a damn if someone goes through my comp

DemonicGambit-2
Even if I did confront her, and I have about other things in the past, she'll

a) Deny it and say I'm paranoid
b) Justify it and then be mad at me for bringing it up

Fire
weird mom but again DG why do you even care that much?

Evy_O
a)Keep insisting, she can't deny it forever stick out tongue
b)Tell her that invasion of privacy cannot be justified
or...
c)Tell someone else to ask her, she might 'fess up to another person

kimahri03
im lucky i can put a lock on my things which it tells me that someones been trying to get in my things on the pc

Xena!
You case is rather hard to decide. if it was your mother then might as well confront her. Just be polite when you do it. As far as me I never had something like that with family members. the only people I might ever experience something similiar to that would be my husband family. They do get a little nosy with my business, but they still good people.

DemonicGambit-2
Evy O- you don't know my mother, she still insists that she's not sleeping with the neighbor...and several other people

I can try to confront, but I think I'll do it when she's happy...or better yet drugged

Evy_O
eek Sleeping with the neighbor? Drugged?
Ermm... yeah, if that's true, I think you should inform someone... else... you can trust messed

DemonicGambit-2
laughing It's quite the way you're thinking of the word 'drugged' laughing

Not enough people for me to trust in my family erm

Evy_O
Ermm... you think it's funny? stick out tongue

Doesn't have to be a family member, does it? erm

yerssot
neighbour huh?... well, there is this girl that's not that bad ... big grin

Fire
still dont see what the big deal is, can someone explain it to me?

silver_tears
My parents don't spy on me, I have free will cool

yerssot
oh, they're good cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.