conan the barbarien

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

b-dan
i know i cant spelle so forgive me but has any one seen this arnold (the governator) movie i have and i didint really liked it did any of u all i like about it is the guy that did darth vaders voice was in it

King Burger
James Earl Jones? yes, he was in it.

A great great movie. Really does well to capture to
feel of those strange fantasy sword&sorcery world.

Better than the second movie.

Never read the books though.

Cinemaddiction
I've got both movies on DVD, but have yet to watch them since I bought the set, lol.

jango fatt
Conan is a really good movie

Mighty Yoda
i love the movie

barand1
Its a great movie, number 2 was good, but was lacking something that made the first great. Great movie. I hear that Conan 3 is in the pipeline, wheather Arnold is in it is a different fourum :P

barand1
Sorry I meant Forum!!!!!

Forgive me!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mighty Yoda
i love the movie

yeah so do I.

snehin
anyone there??

ladygrim
nope...not really intrested in seeing it eithr

Pandemoniac
Conan The Barbarian!!!! The mother of all swords 'n fantasy movies!
Boy, does Arnie kick some major ass in that movie.
Sure, the story-line is cheap, the acting a bit poor, but the effects and scenes were revolutionary for that time. Violence, blood, sex and torment like that was unthought of back then, not many directors dared putting stuff like that in a movie in such a fashion.
Did you know He-Man was originally based on Conan, but because of the violence and sex (not mentionable now, but to shocking for the audience at that time) in the movie, they just kept the rough profile of Conan and thought up a different story around it so they could make it more suitable for the young, thus creating He-Man.

Lord_Andres
I hate this crap movie, typical example of how bad the 80's sword'n fantasy movies whare, special effects that dont even match the once in the old 30's horror movies! acting the worst I've ever seen, only good part is the music and thats it

ragesRemorse
The first half of the film is good, but then arnold begins to speak.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that arnold looks like a retard trying to figure out chinese algerbra when weilding that sword.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Did you know He-Man was originally based on Conan, but because of the violence and sex (not mentionable now, but to shocking for the audience at that time) in the movie, they just kept the rough profile of Conan and thought up a different story around it so they could make it more suitable for the young, thus creating He-Man.

While it is true that Mattel relinquished its license to produce a series of action figures based on Conan The Barbarian after having viewed the film, it is not true that the concept of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is salvaged from this series. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was developed by Roger Sweet from Big Jim two-ups, and is based on the paintings of Frank Franzetta.

Kortoso
Conan the Barbarian is OK, as 1980's fantasy movies go.

But it's not the Conan of Cimmeria that I grew up with. Robert E. Howard's barbarian would not put up with being chained up for any more time than it would take to strangle his jailer with his own chains. Part of the appeal of Conan from the original stories is his wildness and vitality; like Tarzan, he's practically half animal.

Hopefully, the new Warner movie will show the Conan that's been obscured all this time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.