Darth Maul vs. Darth Tyranus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis

Darth_Nefarus
Tyrannus would win because he had much more experience and power. However, I have already said that Maul could eventually top him.

jackstain
no force....Maul no question....but since they wuld most definately use the force....dooku wins.

Darth_Janus
Dooku was a master of Form II and a rather ancient but well-trained Jedi master who was considered one of the most revered teachers among the Jedi.

Maul was... hm. Let me put it this way- overconfidant and quite dead as a result.

jackstain
ignorrance must be nice.

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, Maul was hardcore, I don't think Janus is doubting that. But Dooku is just more powerful. Although I still think Maul had more potential.

Fishy
Maul wouldn't be able to walk out of this one, he'd be as dead as a dead flaming piggie that the romans used against the gauls.

jackstain
Maul is just so much cooler than dooku, it upsets me. lol.

jedimaster2000
lightsaber skills wise, I dunno who to choose, but once you include the force, Dooku wins, hands down.

jackstain
with no force, dooku is history. but the fact of the matter is, that theyre always gonna use the force no matter what, so dooku wins.

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, Dooku's saber skills are just as refined, if not further than Mauls. and there's never a reason to say without the force, because the force is always there.

Maul with more training, would win I think.

((The_Anomaly))
Actually....ur wrong...

and jackstain ur bias towards Maul (hugely over exaggerating his abilities) is starting to annoy me.

Dooku is considered one of the best swordsmen in the republic, a master of form II of saber combat, Dooku beat Windu in a duel and can (it would seem) fend off even yoda for a time in lightsaber combat. i might point out that Dooku when he DID beat windu beat windu while he was using form 7, the same form that maul uses. maul stands no chance against dooku in saber combat, not a chance in hell and once u throw in the force, Dooku drops maul in less then 2 min...easily

Darth_Nefarus
You know, the fact that Dooku can fend off Anakin and Obi-Wan simulatneously makes me think he could easily waste Maul.

And why does this "no force" thing come up so much? There has to be the force because there is life. Besides, if there wasn't any force, their skills would not be worth a damn.

jackstain
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Actually....ur wrong...

and jackstain ur bias towards Maul (hugely over exaggerating his abilities) is starting to annoy me.

Dooku is considered one of the best swordsmen in the republic, a master of form II of saber combat, Dooku beat Windu in a duel and can (it would seem) fend off even yoda for a time in lightsaber combat. i might point out that Dooku when he DID beat windu beat windu while he was using form 7, the same form that maul uses. maul stands no chance against dooku in saber combat, not a chance in hell and once u throw in the force, Dooku drops maul in less then 2 min...easily

shutt he piss up, im not bias at all u shlongtastic buttsack.....ur complete and utter ignorance and d!ckas$ personality is starting to annoy me.....all i said was that he's more skilled with a saber, because he is. and dooku is old a fragile, with no force, he is proned to get beat up easier, and thrown around a bit. maul is rock solid, dooku is flabby and weak. i still said dooku wuld win, but if for sum reason their force powers were diminished, maul rocks dooku with a smile.

didnt mean to blow up on ya, but i just get defensive when people talk down to me. no offense or hard feelings brosif. Happy Dance

Darth_Nefarus
Well, Maul takes on two Jedi at the same time, and whoops up, but Dooku takes on two much more powerful Jedi and still manages to tear it up. Granted, Anakin does kill him eventually, but look at Anomaly's sig pic, it clearly shows Dooku has mad skills.

Kun-ni Habeo
dooku wuld pwn maul force no force

kid-adi-mundi
dooku

Darth_Janus
Having watched the Maul versus Qui Gon and Obi Wan fight just fifteen minutes ago, I am more sure of Maul's combat prowess as ever (as well as Qui Gon's, though I thought the Jedi Master was a bit to aggressive for my liking) But still, abilities aside, Dooku was much older and more powerful and competent. Like has been said, he held off Anakin and Obi Wan with a single bladed saber.

Fishy
Thats probably easier to do then with a staff.

Those things especially one build like that isn't mean for defending but for attacking. Dooku is much calmer defends and attacks when he sees an oppening. Maul tries to make one. Dooku is just more skilled with a lightsaber and the force then Maul was

Darth Revan33
I agree with jackstain. Maul would win in a lightsaber fight only. But with the Force Dooku would win.

Darth_Janus
I had a whole response typed up and then I hit a wrong key on this evil keyboard and it's poofed, gone.

Let's just sum it up in that Dooku has better defensive capabilities, and is used to fighting opponents with a lightsaber. Considering he studied ancient fighting styles and even styled his own handle after an ancient one, he would have some know-how of Maul's technique. And seeing as how Dooku defeated Mace and I believe Mace could defeat Maul, that's saying a lot.

And think about how hard it is to defend with a double bladed lightsaber. Imagine, if you will, a thrust aimed at your heart. How will you block it? I can think of two or three possibilities, but they are difficult to do and leave little chance for proper recovery.

Fishy
Defending with a staff is nearly impossible, especially one that can only be touched in the middle... Cutting your own hands isn't a really smart move after all. A direct thrust at you will be almost impossible to block, a swing from the side on the other can be blocked much easier... But Dooku is smart enough to know that and won't do something stupid like that

Qui_Gon_Jinn_85
I am not completely sure of the outcome. I can go based off of personal experience though. I have been studying jujitsu for a length of time now, and I wouldn't call myself a master of the bo-staff, but I have some skill. Now for fun I sparred with my best friends uncle, who is a master rapier duelist. (Yeah yeah, we're both star wars freeks, so we wanted to play it out). It was an interresting bout, to say the least. But having two edges to one is a very huge advantage. To answer your question darth_janus, it actually isn't too difficult to parry a thrust to the midsection. a bo-staff has a great deal more maneuverability than a singled edged weapon, and with good footwork, a thrust can be easily side-stepped and parried, accompanied with an attack from the opposite end of the staff. There would be very many thrusts involved in the duel, as my friends uncle found out. He was best to stay on the defensive (much like your Form III lightsaber style) and wait for an opportune moment to attack.

All in all, it was somewhat of a one-sided battle. But that didn't truely represent a bout between dooku and maul. Maul could only touch the middle two feet of his "bo", thus making it a little harder to attack. As far as I can tell, it does nothing to hinder the ability to block and parry, but it would slow your attacks down tremendously.

So it would be a very close battle in that sense, and I would give the upper hand to Dooku. I'm not for sure. Those are just my thoughts on the issue.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree with what you say, but Dooku with all of his skill, would chop Maul's saber in half quicker than Padawan Kenobi. If Padawan Kenobi could do that, Dooku easily could. Then once it was one saber to one saber, Dooku would outclass the shite out of him.

Fishy
Staff or not Dooku would outclass him..

Qui Gon you fought with a staff? Then you must know how hard it is to block an attack with only the piece in the middle, avoiding attacks can be done but blocking is hard you have to agree right?

Maul would have a very hard time blocking Dooku his attacks in the first place. He would never succeed even if he had a staff

Darth_Nefarus
Well, he would do better than Obi-Wan and Anakin did in AOTC I think. But once Dooku really got into it, Maul would fail horribly.

jackstain
Dooku would smite the weiner off of him, but i think it would be close.

exanda kane
Saruman, wait . . . Dooku owns!

Darth_Nefarus
I wonder id Saruman could take Dooku...

exanda kane
interesting.

Fishy
No

jackstain
no way......

dooku plays with lightning and lightsabers, and kills jedi, and mandalorians.....

saruman plays.......the skin flute.

Darth_Nefarus
True dat lol

Dooku would just call the staff to him, slice it in half, then fry Saruman with lightning

jackstain
fry....lol.....what a good way to put it.

Kun-ni Habeo
actually Dooku is a better swordsman,,an is cooler then maul

jackstain
better swordsman? maybe.....better fighter? no...more skill with a saber? no......more powerful? yes.....would own in this fight? yes.

Kun-ni Habeo
better swordsman? YES
.better fighter? YES
more skill with a saber? YES
more powerful? YES
would own in this fight? YES
more cooler? YES

jackstain
wow, you sure got me there...... huh thumb down no

exanda kane
Saruman throws about Mountains, issues fireballs at people. Dooku could take him at close range and has lightning.
Maul has his sexual partner, Jackstain, to scare them off with their rendition of 'In the Navy' Happy Dance

Kun-ni Habeo
lol,,

jackstain
at least the guy i like (non-sexually) is fictional.

"Oh Exanda...I love you!"
http://www.pointsincase.com/columns/images/fat_guy.jpg

Naga Sadow
jeez, why do u guys have to get so personal on theese forums? its a god damn movie/book/game. relax, express ur oppinion without insulting any1, and dont over react if some1 insults u. dont act like ur in kinder garden.

anyways, i doo agree Dooku would take this1 althou i like Maul much more.

P.S. i dont get, how is Dooku cooler then Maul. Maul is dark, full of hate, and creepy looking. Dooku is an old guy, layed back... not cool if u ask me

jackstain
i dont get personal....i get back at people who get personal.

Fishy
Originally posted by Naga Sadow
jeez, why do u guys have to get so personal on theese forums? its a god damn movie/book/game. relax, express ur oppinion without insulting any1, and dont over react if some1 insults u. dont act like ur in kinder garden.

anyways, i doo agree Dooku would take this1 althou i like Maul much more.

P.S. i dont get, how is Dooku cooler then Maul. Maul is dark, full of hate, and creepy looking. Dooku is an old guy, layed back... not cool if u ask me

Because of what you just said..

Maul is the guy that gets up close and personal and takes them all out.

Dooku sits backs and enjoys the ride, just watching the events unfold and changing them having a little laugh and then at the end fight.

Maul is like the bad guy you see at the end of a video game level... Dooku is the game at the end of the game.

Darth_Nefarus
Dooku is cooler than Maul because he's poised, refined and classy; and he knows how to use his saber to perfection.
Maul is cooler than Dooku because he's a stealthy warrior who knows hot to fight.

Darth Trinew
Count Dooku was very powerful as a Jedi. being a Sith gives him more powers. Look at it this way. TPM Obi kills him, Dooku DESTROYS Obi. Happy?

Darth_Nefarus
That is irrelevant

Darth_Janus
Dooku has clearly beaten Mace, a person who had the shatterpoint ability and perfected Form VII, which became Vaapad. (Maul uses Juyo). Dooku would manhandle Maul. Not because I like him better (Which I do. I like calmer, more refined villains.) but because it's so obvious it bloody hurts.

Am I the only one who wants to know why Dooku doesn't have Sith eyes?

Darth_Nefarus
He doesn't because he isnt' as devoted to evil as he is his own ideals.
Anakin will have them because he snaps and kills everything in his path except for Kaninja

Darth_Janus
I thought that too. But I mean, causing a war of the proportions of the Clone Wars and not have at least pale skin? c'mon

Wanderer259
Well, before KotOR, Maul was the only one running around with the 'barely contained fire in mah EYES' look that we now attribute to the Sith or Dark Force users in general; KotOR saw Revan sporting similar eyes.

Episode 2 was produced and released before KotOR came out so that's probably why.

Darth_Janus
Hm. And The Emperor didn't have those eyes? I think you're right, though.

Wanderer259
There aren't any pictures online that I can find that make it easy to see, but I think they're just very sunken old people's eyes.

Darth_Nefarus
The emperor does too have them

Qui_Gon_Jinn_85
Fishy, I am a little confused on what you mean by blocking an attack with only the piece in the middle. If you mean by blocking with the middle piece, than that is a big no no. Blocking in the middle leaves you open for another attack and you aren't in a good position to parry another one. You use the ends of the staff to block.

Now if you meant blocking and only being able to hold the middle, than you are correct. It is very difficult, but not impossible. If you use that form with a staff, rather than using the ends, you have to keep the staff in constant motion. If you stop moving, you're screwed. But having two blades makes it easier to block attacks. It is a huge advantage, but it is hard to explain in text. Try it out sometime. You'll see what I mean.

But I do agree, it is difficult to block and parry. That is why when beginning training, you always start with the defensive. Then you incorporate the attacks. And to be able to win a duel, you have to be good with both. Defense alone is never enough. You can't just be on the defensive. You have to give attacks in return. It is humanly impossible to block multiple times without giving an attack. That is why we train in sets of 4. With your partner, you defend 4 attacks, then you deal 4. If you can consistently block 4 attacks in a row, than you will be fine. You shouldn't need anymore than 4 because you will be giving attacks as well. It is a combination. That is why Form III is an impossible Form (well, obviously we don't have help from the force smile) because you can't block 15 or 20 shots in one go. Human reflexes just aren't that good.

I hope I answered your question. Sorry for being a little long winded, but it is hard to explain something so physical in words without actually showing it.

Fishy
Thats all i wanted to hear, I know these things because I do use it myself sometimes. And i have to say when somebody attacks me and i can only hold the staff in the middle and still have to block its hard. Of course weight plays some part here but its not the defining factor.

Maul will just have an hard time defending himself against Dooku, force or not. Get Maul on the defensive and he is screwed

Vanquish
I was always under the impression that Dooku was about as good with a saber as anyone ever was. He is certainly Mauls equal, if not a little bit better in pure saber dueling skills.

He is also substantially more powerful with the force. Add those two things up, and you have another dead Maul.

* and would you people stop saying "without using the force" blah blah blah. The force is ALWAYS used period. There has never, and will never be a time when a Jedi or Sith would fight without the force. It's flat out impossible for that to happen. It's not like they have a choice, use it or don't. Do you have a choice to use, or not use your brain? NO, it's just on 24 / 7. You can't turn it off. Same thing with the force. It isn't a light switch. The force constantly runs through all life, and in Jedi's and Sith's case, it constantly speaks to them and they feed off that naturally.

Fishy
I was just saying that the force would not make defending a lot easier or not enough to perfect it. In no way was I implying that they should fight without the force, or that it was even possible

Naga Sadow
hmmm, actually, isnt the force suppose to ease up the defence? i mean qui-gon speaks of jedi reflexes, being able to see things be4 they happen. so if u can see an attack be4 it actually happen, and if ur as fast as Maul, shouldnt it be easy to block?

Fishy
Its going to be easier but with a weapon like that its going to stay hard, not because you can't see it coming. But because its harder to block

Naga Sadow
well, i dont know much about fighting with staffs so i wont argue

Fishy
Its hard to block with it, even harder when you can only use the centre... Keeping your balance is a lot harder and you can't put as much power into your block when you do that.

No matter really, Maul would get owned if he used a normal lightsaber too

nolan lepaz
Lord dooku's style is better for facing off against a single opponent since he uses fencing maul can defend but attacks are fast and good against multiple opponents. Dooku is much more leveled and wouls be able to handle Maul.

Kun-ni Habeo
who ever started this thread is an idiot

nolan lepaz
Why would you make such a hurtful comment maybe it's some thirteen year old kid whose just getting into star wars for the first time. And would like to know other peoples opinions.

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by Kun-ni Habeo
who ever started this thread is an idiot Why would I be an idiot... What did I do wrong... *cries*

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by nolan lepaz
Why would you make such a hurtful comment maybe it's some thirteen year old kid whose just getting into star wars for the first time. And would like to know other peoples opinions. First off, I got into star wars nine years ago... Second, I'm not thirteen... I'm fourteen...

Darth_Janus
who ever started this thread is an idiot

That's enough out of you. You've been bashing an awful lot lately. Don't make me send you to the chop block. Straighten up and play nice. Ye hath been warned.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
First off, I got into star wars nine years ago... Second, I'm not thirteen... I'm fourteen...

Lol

nolan lepaz
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
First off, I got into star wars nine years ago... Second, I'm not thirteen... I'm fourteen... sorry for offending you. I'll retract my statement and hide in shame. sad

Kun-ni Habeo
janus please shut up

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by nolan lepaz
sorry for offending you. I'll retract my statement and hide in shame. sad I was just kidding... I must have humor sometimes lookaround

Darth_Janus
janus please shut up

Right here, punk.

jackstain
hahahahah, that cant be real....

but its badass

henniestevens
Everyone who says there are no battles without the force, should consider the ysalamiri. The ysalamiri have developed the unusual ability to "push back" the Force.

jackstain
I have the unusual ability to beat off, even though i have a g/f to do it for me......doesnt mean its gonna happen.

bwa! lol

jackstain

Kun-ni Habeo
2janus
it isn't fair i don't know how to use img img tags lol

Darth_Janus
Guess the ball's in my court. Never said I played fair.

Kun-ni Habeo
geez u really are a poor young man,,still i know in 7yrs i wont be sitting by a computer fighting with kids over the internet,,

Darth_Nefarus
no, you'll just be talking shite to janus

Darth_Janus
I hope in 7 years you can at least think and type like an adult, then. To think I'm actually fighting with you. Pfft.

Darth_Nefarus
don't mess with the sith

Kun-ni Habeo
i will be able to type but i will not be here

Shadow Jedi
maul was skilled with the double edged saber and even better with a single saber maul was only killed because he dropped his gaurd he could ve killed obi wan (with trouble though) but if maul had to beat dooko all he had 2 would be to have more endurance to last even though dooko was stronger in the force

jackstain
kun-ni, you used to be cool.....-lowers head in disappointment-now you had to go and screw it up.

I have to stick with ma' boyos, Janus and Nefarus and say....you suck.

im sry.

no im not..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! now man up and apologiZe, beOtch!Happy Dance Alf says so!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

truheretic
tyranus with ease hes has more experiance and can put up with yoda...YODA TEH GOD OF JEDI. but serously the only chance maul would have is just because of his training under the sith lord himself, but like we saw with aniken-his inexpirience outways any amount of skill or natural ability

Kun-ni Habeo
ok jack ,,now im officially offended

jackstain
lol, sry...

Darth Koroni
I'd bet Dooku, but It'd be a close fight in my opinion, Darth Maul and Dooku are both well trained in the force and lightsaber abilities, But Maul is overconfident and doesn't have as much experience or training as Dooku.

Kun-ni Habeo
it is ok jack i forgfive u

Qui_Gon_Jinn_85
well i guess this thread kind of died off. i dont know if it is alowed, but what if we were to change the topic, maybe about episode III or something? I saw it wednesday night and i thought it was very good. It hit me a lot harder than i thought it would though. I didn't expect to be quite as saddened by the massacre, but it hit me pretty good emotionally. am i the only one? if so, wow i gotta lighten up haha smile

Darth Mantis
Die off it will not... Yeah maybe it will...

Darth_Glentract
no your not the only one. ep3 is the only movie that I have been sad over at the end. Other movies a little when a main character, I.E. Qui-gon or Obi-wan, dies.

kotor12341@yaho
i think dooku like what darth janus said he is a master of form2 wich is the lightsaber on lightsaber form and he was the beat jedi sowrdsmen beside yoda for like 500 years so i go with dooku

NewGuy01
maul 6/10 due to willpower

DarthCaedus77
Dooku

HP Legend
Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
Dooku

Beelzebub
Dooku.

RealistRacism
Maul gets one-shotted.

NewGuy01
I would like to change my answer. Dooku wins while drinking a martini.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

CactusJoe

CactusJoe
10 points to whoever gets the reference

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NewGuy01
maul 6/10 due to willpower

Maybe 7. Cause that willpower is something else.

RealistRacism
Maul's willpower might keep him alive after he gets cut in half and fried, yeah thumb up

Bentley
Tyranus steamrolls

Freedon Nadd
If it was a pure lightsabre combat, it might go to Maul. But all-in-all, Maul gets owned. Maul is specialized in lightsabre/martial arts, not Force combat. With the two combined, Maul gets owned.
The only chance Maul has to win here is if he somehow attacks with all his power to break Dooku's defenses

Darth Thor
^ Well at least you are giving Maul some credit.

That said I don't believe it's complete ownage when the Force comes into play, but do agree Dooku wins the all out scenario.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That said I don't believe it's complete ownage when the Force comes into play,

*disagrees in I.H Obi-Wan*

Darth Thor
^ TCW/SOD Maul has better force tk feats than TCW/ROTS Obi-Wan. And has shown superiority in that department to TCW Obi-Wan on a couple of occasions. Not enough to rag doll Obi-Wan anytime he likes, but enough to say Dooku may not rag doll Maul the way he does Obi-Wan.

Freedon Nadd
^ TCW/SOD Maul has better force tk feats than TCW/ROTS Obi-Wan. And has shown superiority in that department to TCW Obi-Wan on a couple of occasions. Not enough to rag doll Obi-Wan anytime he likes, but enough to say Dooku may not rag doll Maul the way he does Obi-Wan.

Kenobi is the Light Side version of Maul. They are definitely in the same league. And Dooku stomps both of them with his refined sense of humor.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Kenobi is the Light Side version of Maul. They are definitely in the same league.

Oh how I loved that idea/concept until they messed it up with Rebels.

Bentley
If it was a pure lightsabre combat, it might go to Maul. But all-in-all, Maul gets owned. Maul is specialized in lightsabre/martial arts, not Force combat. With the two combined, Maul gets owned.
The only chance Maul has to win here is if he somehow attacks with all his power to break Dooku's defenses

Dooku would destroy Maul in sabers too.

RealistRacism
Based on what can Dooku not ragdoll Obi-Wan any time he likes? Just because he capitalised on a distraction once, doesn't mean he couldn't do it before. Having to readjust and defend against two opponents who took him off guard after changing their forms is your reason why he didn't do it straight after the fight got serious. Nothing suggests Maul could resist getting thrown around like Kenobi.

CactusJoe

RealistRacism
Not drastically more powerful, no.

CactusJoe

RealistRacism
It's a commonly held opinion around here, not just mine. Kiss my ass thumb up

CactusJoe
Originally posted by RealistRacism
It's a commonly held opinion around here, not just mine. Kiss my ass thumb up
Appeal to majority fallacy. Take this L you dumb moron.

CactusJoe
Peak jack really out here 2shotting idiots lol.

RealistRacism
Nah. Just telling you it's not merely my unsupported opinion, like you suggested. You're still a retard thumb up

CactusJoe

Darth Thor
Based on what can Dooku not ragdoll Obi-Wan any time he likes? Just because he capitalised on a distraction once, doesn't mean he couldn't do it before. Having to readjust and defend against two opponents who took him off guard after changing their forms is your reason why he didn't do it straight after the fight got serious.

I haven't seen Dooku rag doll Kenobi level opponents anytime he likes. He's fought Kenobi numerous times, and has fought Kenobi's lesser (Ventress) a couple of times. Surely it'd be clear for us to see if he could rag doll them anytime he likes.

Nothing suggests Maul could resist getting thrown around like Kenobi.

Except that Maul has better Force feats than Kenobi.

Maul also scales over Opress, and we know the trouble Opress has given Dooku in the past.

So I stand by my initial assessment. Dooku wins, but it won't be a rag doll scenario, and Maul is capable of giving the Count some serious trouble.

CactusJoe
RealistRacism getting buried

RealistRacism
Ventress isn't far off TCW Obi-Wan, and Dooku stomped her as hard as one could with the force (in canon anyway). Unless there's a quote stating Kenobi's far more powerful than her at that stage? He's probably out of outright ragdoll range in RotS, but I don't see how Maul's really at Obi-Wan's level then.

Where's the evidence that Maul scales over Opress in force power? Let alone the enraged Opress that gave Dooku a scare.

CactusJoe
Ventress isn't far off TCW Obi-Wan, and Dooku stomped her as hard as one could with the force (in canon anyway). Unless there's a quote stating Kenobi's far more powerful than her at that stage? He's probably out of outright ragdoll range in RotS, but I don't see how Maul's really at Obi-Wan's level then.

Where's the evidence that Maul scales over Opress in force power? Let alone the enraged Opress that gave Dooku a scare.

RealistRacism
Brown is an aesthetically displeasing colour. Please don't subject me to it on Forums smile

CactusJoe
Brown is an aesthetically displeasing colour. Please don't subject me to it on Forums smile u got destroyed, this thread is done

RealistRacism
Simply saying that doesn't make it so. Go back to your primitive hut.

CactusJoe
Simply saying that doesn't make it so. indeed thats why i outargued you then exposed your argumentum ad populum

RealistRacism
Originally posted by CactusJoe
thats why i outargued you
lol

CactusJoe
Yup

Freedon Nadd
Except that Maul has better Force feats than Kenobi.

Maul also scales over Opress, and we know the trouble Opress has given Dooku in the past.

1. What better feats does Maul have? They are overall of the same skill in combat.

2. Maul definitely does not scale over Opress. In fact, Force strength-wise, Savage scales over Maul.

NewGuy01
How does Savage scale from Maul?

Freedon Nadd
How does Savage scale from Maul?

Opress is stronger in The Force than Maul. The Clone Wars cartoons is self evident on that.

NewGuy01
That's not an argument.

RealistRacism
Is there evidence to the contrary?

NewGuy01
That's not how burden of proof works.

RealistRacism
Obviously. It was a genuine question.

DarthCaedus77
Vader ragdolls him.

Darth Thor
1. What better feats does Maul have? They are overall of the same skill in combat.

2. Maul definitely does not scale over Opress. In fact, Force strength-wise, Savage scales over Maul.

1. Better TK Feats. Hes TKd Kenobi a few times. Hes thrown Kenobis and Gallias Jedi craft over the cliff.

2. Yeah he does. Thats why Maul was the Master and Opress the Apprentice. Savage states it himself - Youve grown so powerful. Obviously implying power in the Force, and obviously implying Maul is more powerful than Opress.

DarthCaedus77
Vader ragdolls him.

Lol, was thinking about Vader and accidentally posted this.

OT-Maul.

Freedon Nadd
That's not an argument.

Partly owning Dooku and Ventress, then Anakin and Obi-Wan - all by himself? Okay.

Freedon Nadd
1. Better TK Feats. Hes TKd Kenobi a few times. Hes thrown Kenobis and Gallias Jedi craft over the cliff.

2. Yeah he does. Thats why Maul was the Master and Opress the Apprentice. Savage states it himself - Youve grown so powerful. Obviously implying power in the Force, and obviously implying Maul is more powerful than Opress.

1. That doesn't mean his telekinesis is greater. That means he was lucky to seize them in his grasp

2. As in Force Mastery? Or are you going to use Windu's own statement that Depa is>Vaapad than her?

It's obvious that Oppres has low-self esteem since everyone calls him or think of him as beast and sloppy lightssbre combatant.

RealistRacism
Yeah he does. Thats why Maul was the Master and Opress the Apprentice. Savage states it himself - Youve grown so powerful. Obviously implying power in the Force, and obviously implying Maul is more powerful than Opress.
This was after a lightsaber duel, in which Savage was outmanoeuvred and physically stomped by Maul's metal legs. Not seeing how this is force related.

Darth Thor
Partly owning Dooku and Ventress, then Anakin and Obi-Wan - all by himself? Okay.

I mean in the same arc Ventress was force choking both Anakin and Obi-Wan.

So similarly that doesn't put her above Maul in TK. Just shows she has the power to compete with those guys (at that point).

1. That doesn't mean his telekinesis is greater. That means he was lucky to seize them in his grasp

2. As in Force Mastery? Or are you going to use Windu's own statement that Depa is>Vaapad than her?

It's obvious that Oppres has low-self esteem since everyone calls him or think of him as beast and sloppy lightssbre combatant.

1. Except Opress specifically states "You've grown So Powerful"
He knew Maul was simply more powerful and not just lucky one time lol.

2. If Opress was modest he wouldn't have challenged Maul for equality/superiority in the first place.
Has there even been a Sith Apprentice who was more powerful than their master in the Force?

Lol thats not obvious at all. Maul was simply more skilled and more powerful. Dock himself was training Opress to reach Peak Maul level. That was his goal.

Darth Thor
This was after a lightsaber duel, in which Savage was outmanoeuvred and physically stomped by Maul's metal legs. Not seeing how this is force related.

See above. It was due to his power in the force increasing.

Of course he's more skilled as well, that just made it an uber stomp.

It's like when Anakin beat Dooku. It was his power in the force that was too great.

That said Dooku had greater force mastery than Anakin, but that clearly isn't the case here.

RealistRacism
If anything, Maul is akin to Dooku in that situation, with Savage playing the role of Anakin.

How can it be that Maul's power afforded him the win, when he didn't use the force once? Is it in an augmentation sense? I think it's just Savage speaking generally, and using the term 'power' very liberally. Unless you want to say that Savage isn't attributing power to his brother's victory and instead, just all of a sudden 'sensed' he'd become stronger? I'm not opposed to the idea that Maul > Opress in force strength, but the show always made it seem as if Savage was more powerful, but less refined. That's how I saw it anyway.

Darth Thor

DarthCaedus77
Dooku, as always.

Lol, was thinking about Vader and accidentally posted this.

OT-Maul.

Was thinking about Maul and mistyped.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>