Clone Wars III References in ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowKing
starwars

George Lucas is said to be incorporating Clone Wars III references for fans! Grievous is still coughing and wheezing after Mace force crushed his ribs in Chapter 25. Anyone know of any other references?

Torik_Shai
I think it's the other way around. RotS stuff was incorporated into Clone Wars III. I heard about his coughing and weezing before the new season, so they must have added it as another way to fill the gap. I seriously doubt GL would change his movie based on the cartoon.

DCLXVI
Exactly, Shai.

ShadowKing
surrender

Understood...I know GL gave the animators plot points, I was just wondering if we will see Shak Ti in action...she was my favorite side Jedi in the toon...Also...will that alien race sequence with Anakin have any bearing or reference in the film?

DCLXVI
Probably, (about the Alien sequence).
BTW> Shaak Ti? Doubt it. She....well, you'll see.

ShadowKing
crybaby

Nooooooooooo!

back to topic - I hope GL shows Force powers as strong as in the toon...like Mace or Yoda pushing over a squad of battle droids ...

- got my geek on and picked up Vader saber from GameShop...so cool!

ArynCrinn
Well...I think the vision anakin has on that Melvaan planet, or whatever it was called, will have a lot to do with episode 3

ShadowKing
I think the Nelvan vision was more the animators than GL...

I read something else, Premiere magazine? where Obi presses a button similar to the Ithorian Jedi in Chapter 24

I hope the movie explains why Anakin...the Chosen One... is so blind to Palpatine's fawning over him...why it is so easy for him to go to the
Dark Side. tv_happy

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by ShadowKing
I think the Nelvan vision was more the animators than GL...

I read something else, Premiere magazine? where Obi presses a button similar to the Ithorian Jedi in Chapter 24

I hope the movie explains why Anakin...the Chosen One... is so blind to Palpatine's fawning over him...why it is so easy for him to go to the
Dark Side. tv_happy

I seriously suggest reading the novelization on the point of why it's so easy for Anakin to fall to the dark side, there is a lot explained in the book of his conflicting emotions.

I read that part today and it was amazing.

ShadowKing
cool thanks for the insight Lance...I've put off reading it until after I see the movie...

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by ShadowKing
cool thanks for the insight Lance...I've put off reading it until after I see the movie...

I tried to...but I lasted maybe 2 hours before I started reading it.

I just haven't had time to really start reading it until today, and now I only have 2 chapters left.

DCLXVI

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by DCLXVI
laughing out loud
I lasted a day before reading it. wink
I couldn't really get into it past the crash....so I'm re-reading it now....

I have a feeling I'm going to re-read this before the movie comes out anyway, just because on the first read you tend to miss out on certain things.

Darth Blender

ArynCrinn

ShadowKing
Anyone know if we will see Saesee Tin in action in a Jedi starfighter. He supposedly can navigate through hyperspace without an astromech droid.

Also, will the Magna droid bodyguards of Grievous be in action with their plasma staffs against Obi and Anakin?

DenKi
Grevious is coughin because of what Mace did too him in Clone wars episode 20. I dont want ay other SW geeks saying otherwise, its rtue face it

Darth Jello
i'm guessing that he also go his organs transplanted from the metal carapace he has in the cartoon to the green tank he has in the movie, limiting his mobility more

DenKi
yeah, also thats how Obi kills him but firing where Mace Crushed him

ShadowKing
there is very little imagery of the Clone Troops before they are turned against the Jedi. I want to see them in special forces type action before they go postal

Darth Jello
i thought i'd go into more depth with this, in chapter 20, when Grievous spreads his ribs, you don't see a tank with organs, you see what looks like a system of organs plated in metal. here's my two cents:
in the clone wars cartoon, Grievous' organs are all encased in some kind of metal and set into a somewhat natural position, then surounded by a metal chest tank with som movable ribs. They are all high up on his chest giving him a lot of mobility in his lower spine. in chapter 25, mace crushes the bottom of it, probably causing some internal bleeding resulting in some coughing and weakness. sometime before anakin and obi-wan reach the opening space battle. Grievous gets some emergency surgery wherein his organs are put in some kind of fluid (bacta?) and are then mounted in a tank that is blukier and takes up most of his spinal mass, makes him less flexible. He still coughes and weezes indicating that this is a temporary solution that is never corrected.

ShadowKing
good explanation...and if you look at the german tv footage of GG, he is still hacking and coughing when he exits his shuttle...

Sans_Fi
and on Utapau? does he cough?

ShadowKing
Have to wait and see..

ShadowKing
I want to see GG at his full height and in other instances, use his mechanical body as he did in Clone Wars II series, dodging, running, creeping about..

Darth Jello
the separatists may have been building him a new carapice on Mustafar, which would mean that he would go there after killing obi-wan as Sidious had planned, only to be killed by Vader during the separatist massacre.

Sans_Fi
If that happens, how will the audience that hasnt seen the CLONE WARS understand why he stops caughing???

I think, the Clone Wars made the chapter 20 where he didnt cough. Then George Lucas decided that Grievous must cough, as Vader breaths. In the 3rd season of Clone Wars, they had more info of Grievous, so they had to fix their mistake on chapter 20, making Mace Windu crush him a little...

So... for George Lucas, Grievous coughs allways, for EU, Grievous only coughs on EP3...

Sans_Fi
Probably Grievous wont move as he does on the series... as Obi Wan cant jump over a building or kill 3 Droidekas in one move... Or Mace and Yoda kill thousands of droids just moving their hands...

ShadowKing
we can only hope that it is so...

Darth Jello
That's what bothers me about all the EU where Grievous looks like he does in the movie. What kind of dumbass walks around with all of his vital organs on display, shielded by a single metal plate and some ribs?

stefaan
But in the Clone Wars you see that when Mace does his trick, some of the metal on Grievous' body gets crushed. Will we see this in the movie? in all the footage and pictures i saw Grievous in there was no such damage (man i sound nerdy).

ShadowKing
It's hard to see in all the spoiler photos what GG's chest area looks like.
Was the metal actually crushed or just bent when Mace used "Force Squeeze" ?(good band name...any body uses it will have to pay me!)
laughing

Darth Jello
the inner organs looked bent, the actual out casing was completely crushed into scrap.

with the metal cage his stuff was encased completely, with the tank in the movie, the onlyt thing protecting him are some ribs, transparant material (something a blaster could easily penatrate), and a single metal plate which obi-wan manages to pry off WITH HIS HAND and kills grievous with two or three blaster bolts to the guts

Stunrun

ShadowKing
DJ

Think four-armed lightsaber battle will be in GG's arsenal?

Darth Jello
of course, but he won't do the spinning attack or any of the four-legged wall crawling.

stefaan
I think that there will hardly be any references from the EU or Clone Wars. People who didn't read or saw anything of it will be confused i guess, when obi-wan mentions master Vos to Anakin people won't know who he is. And do you guys think that maybe grievous is overhyped a bit by the Clone Wars? We seen him do many cool stunts and actions that won't happen in the movie. Just like Mace Windu throwing hords and hords of droids with one Force Push.

DenKi
they did all the force Push and Crushing things becos we havnt seen those charaters use them in the SW Movies, so how would we know

Darth Jello
if yoda can levitate an X-wing, i'm sure that he and mace together could shove a droid squadron. And I doubt the line about quinlan vos will be in the movie at all.
Before all this, there were rumors that Grievous flees in the beginning because he is injured in the opening space battle. we now know that it's half right, he's injured by mace before the battle, severely impeding his mobility and ability to breath without hacking like my grandmother.
also, this might provide an episode III tie in with vaporub or Halls

ShadowKing
spoiler alert: after Order 66, one (or more) Jedi may survive! Possible we may see some of our favorite Clone Wars Jedi in action while escaping death cool

Darth Luke
cool, i cant wait to see the movie, why cant they just release it a couple of days after its been made completely

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.