Magneto vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gautam
Magneto is recking a city and Superman comes to the rescue.....who would win the man of steel or the man who can bend steel????

Spiderninja008
supes takes it easy, unless mgs has an endless supply of adimantium

Havoc470
either way i think supes still takes it, i mean he's got speed and his eye-lazer crap, the man of steel definitely takes this one

norrin radd
probably superman, because is very fast and strong, but lets think a little, supes come flying fast to hit mags, but mags protects himself with a electromagnetic field, off course supes will destroy it, but it would provide time enough to magneto control the iron in supes blood, destroying his brain, and all the rest of the organs. supes is the man of steel, but only in the outside not in the inside.

but superman will always be superman, so....

Magee
ehhh ok.
I dont think Magneto would be able to react fast to create a sheild wink

norrin radd

Havoc470
people, the whole iron in your blood talk was a joke, its not the iron in foods, its the actual type of metal that mystique pumped in the security guys ass lol

but yeah i still think superman would own magneto in so many ways, if anyone knows superman you know he's gonna use the eye-beams around the start of the battle

Spiderninja008
....if mags has adamantium at his disposal, I say supes could eventually loose.

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
EVERYONE has iron in their blood. Naturally. Unless you have some kind of disease.

Anyway, Superman takes it. There's not much Magneto can do against him.

Spiderninja008
if mags manages to make adimantium body armor in like half a second, and adimantium weapons, along with an army of all other seriously hard scrap metals and sentinels, I think Mags could have a change.

norrin radd

Havoc470
the iron in your blood isnt actual iron, if it was then this would mean magneto can levitate eggs

i've never seen magneto manipulate the iron in someones blood though, it sounds dumb in the comic book, i mean even the movie went around that

superman takes this one, adamantium isnt something you could get so easily and even if so the force behind supes punches would weaken magneto

norrin radd
he can levitate eggs

Havoc470
lol, i have to ask, was that really shown in a comic? because i'd like to see that

anyway do you know which comic he actually used the iron in someones blood? i'm not trying to prove you wrong, i really just wanna read it

YourBiggestFan
man.. reason mystique pumped iron into that guy was so magneto could break FREE out of that plastic(or whatever it was made of) cell, simple as that, he could have killed that guy anytime he wanted, but killing him would still leave him in the cell!, duh!.

Havoc470
we're talking about comic book magneto, not the movie, anyway i've never seen the movie magneto use electromagnetism as far as manipulating metal, so i think he couldnt have killed that guard anytime he wanted

norrin radd

Havoc470
alright cool, ill try and check it out

K3VIL
Guys you are forgetting something, Superman Biomagnetic Aura, the second source of his powers, Magneto just sense the presence of this aura around Supes body, stretch it, and throw Supes a piece of metal of high density and 600mph, stucking it into his heart, good bye Superman.

norrin radd
who said that supes aura was biomagnetic?

Spiderninja008
yes, mags would have time.he can multi task and fast, he once created a starship in seconds from minerals form the ground i can show it later.

Wynndar
very good point...Supes is not actually as super durable as like Herc or Thor, much of that is acredited to his aura...If mags catches on to that then he s the winner...Im surprised so many people r going with Supes where they thought the Hulk would fail.

norrin radd

Havoc470
so supes can be pierced if you take out that biomagnetic aura?

Wynndar
Supes' aura is scientific in nature, and part of the EMS...Mags would have some affect on it IMO...im not saying he could just turn it off...but i think Mags would be able to use his power to weaken supes.

Havoc470
has it ever been taken off before or something like that?

i mostly wanna know if he could still be pierced even with no biomagnetic aura.......anyway would biomagnetism have anything to do with electromagnetism?

Wynndar
hmmm...i cant think of anyone who has done it like this...i will admit i dont read every issues of SM though...DC doesnt really focus on the science behind a character's powers like Marvel anyway...if someone can take away Supes' powers they jus do it cuz they can...they rarely bother to explain stuff

Arachnoidfreak
Superman is much more versatile than the Hulk, and that's why he has more of a chance against Magneto.

Anyway, unless Superman plans on not hurting Magneto, there's not much Magneto can do. As far as I know, his biomagnetic aura increases his durability, and doesn't effect his speed. 90% light speed or whatever he can fly at is enough to take Magneto out.

Nataku8188
Super goes *flash* then *blam* and magneto has a viewing hole in his chest. Weeeee!

norrin radd

K3VIL
The second source of his powers is Superman's bio-aura that acts as effective an energy containment device as ever seen in nature. This field is constantly reclaiming stray electromagnetic energies from the environment and converting them into this cellular protein (for the remainder of this report it shall be called Meta-ATP). The energy for the meta-energy protein in Superman's body is captured by his biological electromagnetic reclaimation aura. This invisible (to the naked eye) structure acts as a radiant energy collector that creates an energy-retentive skintight force field capable of absorbing and converting cosmic radiation (solar, radiant and electromagnetic energies). One aspect of the energy gathered by this field is that there is almost no electromagnetic waste. This biomatrix recycles almost all of its radiation-harnessed energies. Otherwise, Superman would glow with a distinctive signature, easily detected by others, whenever he uses his powers.
Take from startnet database.
It means that Magneto wouldn't be able to recreate the function of the aura, cause it works only on Kryptonians, but he would be able to stretch it or destroy it, or absorb it.When Superman was hurted by Doomsday, that is a powerhouse in terms of strenght, his bioaura force field was pierced and overwhelmed by DD strenght.
In Magneto's case, he doesn't need to give himself Class 100 strenght, he only need to absorb or destroy the Bioaura, that means supes become very weakened, and be shocked physically cause you remove something that is vitally important for his body, and during shocktime for Magneto would be easy to pierce Supes skin and kill him.

Havoc470
but without the bio-aura can superman be pierced?

i dont know if doomsday pierced superman when he pierced through the bio-aura

anyway you just stated that his bio-aura basically eats up electro-magnetism, so magneto wont be able to do much against that

emraldguardian
OMG what is with all this science of it, Magneto would never be able to take away Supermans powers. His powers come from solar energy and i doubt that Magneto can absorb solar energy. The reason Doomsday was able to hust Superman is only because he tired out supes power supplies and his field was weaking not because he pierced it.Superman takes this one he is out of Magnetos league.

K3VIL
The bio aura doesn't eat Magnetism, and emraldguardian you're wrong about 1thing:
To pass through Supes forcefield it must be weakened or the enemie can use great amounts of energy or radiations or physical force.

Havoc470
yeah but in your last post you said supes bio-aura sucks up cosmic radiation (electromagnetism being a part of this) so he's basically like a a re-chargeable battery, except he recharges with cosmic radiation, which would leave magneto useless

kgkg
magneto vs superman

steel bender vs the man of steel

demigawd
Dr. Polaris f#cked Superman up. Magneto > Dr. Polaris.

Draco69
I'm pretty sure this has already been done before.

Anyway. If Superman speedblitzes Magneto and knocks him out with one quick punch then Superman wins.

Anything else, and Magneto wins.

Hegemon875
Superman wins hands down. No way pre crisis Supes prime would have any kind of trouble with magneto

Draco69
This isn't Superman Prime or Pre-Crisis Superman though. Although they would not have any problem with Magneto.

kgkg
normal superman when did i say pre crisis or prime?

why did you think i didn't put them in lol?

superman is enough trouble as is

Alpha Centauri
It's come to Magneto Vs Superman.

I think I've seen it all. The X-Men rumps have been pummelled so hard that they've actually become cosmics.

-AC

kgkg
Magneto does have his force field which am sure is powerful enough to keep superman out for a while till he can think of offence.

Never
How is Superman defeating Magneto?

Assuming they are standing 100 yards apart and someone says "go?"

Magneto has "killed" Phoenix with a global scale stroke. What is Superman doing when Magneto unleashes a global scale EMP in his BRAIN?

Flush the "speedblitz" crap. He doesn't do it. Period.

Mosiah Felix
The real question would be can Magneto think of a defense faster than Superman's offense,because if Magneto cannot than he is finished. smokin'

kgkg
of course he can it's Mag after all

Never
He won't have to "think" of a defense. He's been "thinking" of defenses for what, 40 years?

Second nature by now. Shield, EMP, bye Superman.

And Magneto will not hesistate to kill. Superman WILL.

Zahit
This fight will not be EASY for anyone!!!!!!
Gimme a break. I could see this going to anyone.
In fact, I think it could be one of the best fights ever.

demigawd
hahaha...Alpha is probably in the middle of a coronary right now reading all these posts...

Alpha Centauri
No I'm not.

Magneto, whilst I'm not a fan and don't really see the reasoning for all these black hole upgrades, is obviously powerful. Never ever doubted.

Just seems that X-Men and associates have been getting credit way beyond deserving it recently.

X-Men Vs Avengers, FF Vs X-Men, Gambit Vs Doom, Storm Vs Doom, Rogue Vs Hulk.

Seriously?

I have nothing against Magneto. At all.

-AC

Zahit
Don't forget the dude who thinks Wolverine can beat Godzilla.....

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, that also.

-AC

kgkg
Alpha Centauri there is a diff between x-men and mag

Mag is far beyond all X-men members except prof X

demigawd
I don't see what's wrong with pitting the X-men against the Fantastic Four. There are a lot of X-men. You don't think any combination of four of them could beat the Fantastic Four???

Who said Wolverine could beat Godzilla? Did he mention Wolverine's Judo Claw Chop? That's his only way of taking Zilla...

demigawd
But you don't think he could take Superman and you think it's a silly thread...or no?

Never
That's sad.

Alpha Centauri
"But you don't think he could take Superman and you think it's a silly thread...or no?"

No, I don't think it's a silly thread per se.

-AC

Zahit
zdghfd

Zahit
unfortunately it's true. find the thread.
nothing more pathetic than wolverine fanboys.
except marvel comics catering to them.
that's more pathetic.
i guess filing for bankruptcy once wasn't enough for marvel....

LordFear
So who do you think takes this???
Master of Magnetism or the last son of Krypton?

Draco69
Magneto.

LordFear
My money is on Magnus

The Flash
Hmm. I'll need some scenarios of how Magneto would win.

lightaxe
With Magnus' current powers he can just put Superman in a black hole can't he? Cause im pretty sure he can make them now.

Wynndar
Magneto has a very close sense of the EM spectrum, would sense that Superman's powers rely on this spectrum for an auro...Magneto would remove the aura and do whatver he likes with Supes...the only thing i question is if Magneto has the sheer power to compramise Superman's aura, which has so far proven to derive from a seriously high powersource.

mr.smiley
i say magneto

kgkg
now magneto , he is almost at surfers level.

black wolverine
first of all i hate superman and i saw batman punch superman in the face and supermans bioch as's didnt do nothin superman is weak and magneto is a gangsta so how could superman win wat can his weak dtuff do 2 magneto

long pig
Depends, Superman has that annoying near light speed thing.
Speed-blitz Mags before his mind delivers the message to his powers to activate, and Superman wins.

If Superman acts in character,and tried to talk, Magneto could take him.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Wynndar
Magneto has a very close sense of the EM spectrum, would sense that Superman's powers rely on this spectrum for an auro...Magneto would remove the aura and do whatver he likes with Supes...the only thing i question is if Magneto has the sheer power to compramise Superman's aura, which has so far proven to derive from a seriously high powersource. I was thinking something like reversing the charge of the bio-field around his cells and making them repel each other. If it doesn't kill him it'd probably hurt a bunch.

Avalonofthewind
Lets see, Freeze him, burn him, rip him limb by limb, speed blitz.
Mags shield will only last so long.

Xplosive
Originally posted by lightaxe
With Magnus' current powers he can just put Superman in a black hole can't he? Cause im pretty sure he can make them now.

And Superman would be watching and allowing to get in the black hole, Superman would more than easily avoid black hole, he is too fast. I go with Magneto, but somehow I feel Superman is more pwoerful and would eventually own Magneto.

LordFear
I say Mags because Supe won't be able to get past his force field.
While Supe is pounding away, Mags encases him in a bunch of metal debris. NOW you say wait a minute Supe can get out of that right?
Nope. Mags uses the magnetism to increase the attraction between the metals, literally crushing Supes as is he was ten thousand leagues in water, with the same per square inch pressure.Mags' power is practically limitless because he can call upon the Earth's magnetic fields to back him up.
Any questions?

DarkCrawler
-Seanbaby.com.

K3VIL
Magneto shut down the bio aura, then blast Superman or stab into his heart a piece of metal.End of the fight.
We all know that Superman's boyscout attitude is his major weakness, cause while he talks and thinks the bad guys pummel his face.

eleveninches
Mag still needs to think to be able to use his powers, and kalel is faster than thought. Classic magneto's equivilent in DC is Dr.Polaris, and he always gets his but kicked

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
Depends, Superman has that annoying near light speed thing.
Speed-blitz Mags before his mind delivers the message to his powers to activate, and Superman wins.

If Superman acts in character,and tried to talk, Magneto could take him.

Speedblitzing Magneto would be a bad idea. His defensive magnetic field would probably catapult Superman backwards.

kgkg
Magneto wins.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by eleveninches
Mag still needs to think to be able to use his powers, and kalel is faster than thought. Classic magneto's equivilent in DC is Dr.Polaris, and he always gets his but kicked

Why is it that this argument is only considered valid in "vs. Superman" threads? I said Silver Surfer is faster than thought, and he could knock out GL before he even thinks to defend himself. No one acknowleged that.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Why is it that this argument is only considered valid in "vs. Superman" threads? I said Silver Surfer is faster than thought, and he could knock out GL before he even thinks to defend himself. No one acknowleged that.
Here are people that can do the same thing

-Flash
-Sups
-Gladiator
-Silver Surfer

But it's only valid for Flash it seems. (Because hey what else does flash have)

SS, Sups, Gladiator --- we all know how fast they are. (Yet they get hit by slower beings/ and yet sometimes they fight at level beyond light speed (except sups)) it contradicts the other statement.

Because comics would be boring if the fight lasted one second.

Jason8200
Ok Superman has been in the Sun... the gravity / magnetic field of that is pretty powerful... it did not kill him. Or "repel his cells from one another." Magneto does not use magic... he uses magnetic fields.

Cancel out his aura field? Are you joking? Magneto can not drain energy from beings.

This is retarded... Superman would destroy Magneto.

If you hit his magnetic force field with enough power or strength you can cause him to lose his concentration. He is still a human... needs to rest... does not have better endurance... is not super strong... is not invulnerable... no psychic powers... no magic... HE LOSES.

who?-kid
I agree completely with Jason8200.

demigawd
Originally posted by Jason8200
Ok Superman has been in the Sun... the gravity / magnetic field of that is pretty powerful... it did not kill him. Or "repel his cells from one another." Magneto does not use magic... he uses magnetic fields.

Cancel out his aura field? Are you joking? Magneto can not drain energy from beings.

This is retarded... Superman would destroy Magneto.

If you hit his magnetic force field with enough power or strength you can cause him to lose his concentration. He is still a human... needs to rest... does not have better endurance... is not super strong... is not invulnerable... no psychic powers... no magic... HE LOSES.

Actually, Magneto has drained energy from beings. He drained the gamma out of Hulk, and sucked the energy out of Phoenix, for example.

Redwolf
Seeing as how some of you say Magneto would win, also happen to have Magneto in your sig shows your bias.

Superman would beat Magneto.

Swanky-Tuna
Only kgkg has magneto in his sig and can you blame him? Magneto has a very cool costume.

laydiiplayette
Originally posted by Redwolf
Seeing as how some of you say Magneto would win, also happen to have Magneto in your sig shows your bias.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard... Just because you have a character in your signature does not mean you think that they would win in a fight or that you think they are the greatest. Even though Milk-chan could whoop Superman. ^^;

leonheartmm
mags is stronger,

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by laydiiplayette
Even though Milk-chan could whoop Superman. ^^;
This is true.

kgkg
magneto has too many tricks.

hoorayforpeepee
magneto can even use is EM skills to amplify his strength to superman levels. throw in a damn-near invulnerable forcefield, quantum matter control, and a smidgeon of telepathy...superman should in no way win.

and i have heard it suggested that magneto is not only human...can someone verify this? i think demigawd posted something awhile ago about how magneto might be immortal and doesn't really need his body.

Swanky-Tuna
Ok Superman has been in the Sun... the gravity / magnetic field of that is pretty powerful... it did not kill him. Or "repel his cells from one another." Magneto does not use magic... he uses magnetic fields.The gravitational and magnetic field of the sun have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

leonheartmm
magneto has control over not just magnetism but also all the otherfundamental forces of the universe{elctro magnetic. weak and strong nuclear forces, gravitational force} plus he can open wormholes and has power to contain small singularities with his new enhancements, he also has minor psychic skills like mind reading, shielding and basic telepathy{which have been augmented even more by his enhancement}, he can take his strength WELL beyond class hundred, having previously leed a 30000 ton{i cant remember exactly} frieght train into the air from a large distance, mags can also reverse the entire magnetic poles of a planet and hence move or destroy a planet, he can put virtually limitless amounts of pressure on anything he wants, he can multitaske, and can also control energy flow, his magnetic shield has taken direct hits from tactiacal nukes without beein damaged, he can also magnetically accelerate himself or something else to near light speed if he wants, he has a will of iron, and a super genius level intellect. now tell me, logically what chance does superman have{incidently, superman can only lift 30000 tons, magneto can go on way more than that}, if sum 1 can prove me wrong, please do so.

Jason8200
Ok but Magneto is still just a mutant... which is pretty much a human with a few added in / defective genes. He will get tired before Superman... get fatigued if he is forced to fight for hours much less if the fight took a day or two. he might be able to travel close to the speed of light (which I doubt but I will give you) but he cannot think that fast. Superman can.

What exactly is a will of iron?

He is a genius as far as things like cloning and mutations go. Not a battle genius or a very skilled fighter. Superman is though. Lets see... leader of the JLA or leader of mutants who always gets beat by the X-Men?

When Magneto is tired or hurt (after fighting Superman he will be both) he does not control his powers as easily. So he cannot do as much with them. Also he can do all of that extra stuff you said like control the different spectrums of light but it is a lot harder for him to do and takes a lot more of his concentration.

I have found one instance of him using his powers to lift a 30000 ton object... but not more. So your theory of "incidently, superman can only lift 30000 tons, magneto can go on way more than that"

-Show me the proof of him lifting way more than that

That wouldnt matter anyways... Superman has taken direct hits with nuclear weapons also... and lived. So that part of your arguement means nothing.

Magneto's telepathic powers as stated in Official Marvel Guidebook shows that he only as enough to help protect himself against other telepaths. He would not be strong enough to control Superman.

Even if I do give you all of the powers you listed above... (even though you portrayed them poorly and made them seem like he was a master of them all), it would end up that Superman has more endurance and would be able to fight for longer periods of time. Once Magneto gets tired he will start to lose control of his powers. Just like GLs powers weaken when they lose their concentration.

So again Superman would destroy Magneto. Sorry leonhartmm... A mutnant will never be enough to stop a near cosmic being. He is still just a gene defective human.

Instead of saying things like "I can't remember exactly" why dont you just say that you copy and pasted your entire arguement from the Marvel Handbook. Thats a shame... couldnt even copy right... trying to make it look like he is a master of all of those powers... End it.

Swanky-Tuna
A mutnant will never be enough to stop a near cosmic being.Sorry Thanos, Franklin Richards, Cable, X-Man, Jean, ...maybe Mastermind. Jason says you can't use your badassity, reality warping, ungodly psionic, or illusion powers to defeat Superman.

Seriously though, demigawd will be around at any time to tell us about House of M and the reality warping. Aside from that, Superman having a natural forcefield only makes it that much easier for Magneto to affect him.

Wynndar
Yea...I dont know what u mean by someone only being a Mutant...tell that to Franklin Richards as he thinks Superman out of existance. Although Leonheart already made a great argument and description of Magneto's powers and reasons why he would outclass Superman, essentially, Superman's powers depend on a telekinetic field derived from UV light energy. Magneto has very considerable mastery over the EM spectrum, well at least in terms of Superman's scale. Essentially the nature of Superman's powers would make him Magneto's *****. And since when did Superman become a cosmic being...he is no Surfer...he's just an alien...with badly written powers.

demigawd
Actually, I don't need to contribute anything to this thread. Everybody is doing just fine. smile

Ahhh!

LordFear
Let me just mention that the pressure that Mags can exert alone is enough to make Supes fall. Can you imagine increasing the Earth's gravitional pull to the point that Supes can't move or fly therefore grounding him. Add the fact that he drops several tons of metal or maybe a freight train on him and game over.

Mainstream
magneto has the power...the question is would he have the time and focus to use the power to his advantage? magneto

OtterVomit
Yes, because Superman would start out by trying talk Magneto down, like he always does.

Mainstream
Superman: look I don't want to fight you.

Magneto: don't worry it won't be much of a fight. (starts powering up with electro magnetic force)

Superman: I don't want to hurt you.

Magneto: don't worry you won't. (hits him with energy)

Superman: great Scott...I ..I can't move.

Magneto: that's the idea.magneto

ebonyblade1
recently in the batman/superman comic cosmic king (who has basically the same level of power as the old magneto when he wasn't tapped into the earth electro magnetic grid) was killing superman, but with effort he resisted. Old Magneto would have simply tapped into the earths magnetic field and finished superman off. Current magneto would end the battle with little effort. You can use the argument that magneto is only a mutant and supes is cosmic, but by the very definition magneto is at one with of the basic forces of this universe. He is cosmic. Xavier says that he should even be alive with powers like that and the truth is Magneto is as human as superman, can die like a human being only because he thinks he suppose too.

Cosmic Cube
Superman loses.

There are too many people who think Superman can't be beaten without psionics, kryptonite, or magic. Magneto can manipulate Superman's force field/aura at whim. Magneto has COMPLETE CONTROL over the electromagnetic spectrum. That includes sunlight.

This is stupid. Magneto wins easily.

ZephroCarnelian
Hmm... so he can take his invulnerability... and stop him absorbing more sunlight...

That leaves his MATP. Once Supes realises what's happening (which will take a tiny tiny fraction of a second given his super-speed thought processes) he will just fly at Magneto and smack his head off. Or drop a mountain on him. Or something to similar effect...

LordFear
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Hmm... so he can take his invulnerability... and stop him absorbing more sunlight...

That leaves his MATP. Once Supes realises what's happening (which will take a tiny tiny fraction of a second given his super-speed thought processes) he will just fly at Magneto and smack his head off. Or drop a mountain on him. Or something to similar effect...

C'mon dude that is such a stupid statement.

Cosmic Cube

Electromagnetic Field. It repels such attacks.

demigawd
magneto can also:

create a hologram of himself in one location, while he sits back in another and sucks up Superman's UV energy like it's a Sunkist soda. Superman keeps punching the fake Magneto and wondering why he can't hit him. Meanwhile he's getting weaker. Eventually his "superbrain" (that never seems to help him against Batman) makes him realize that Magneto is somewhere else entirely but can't tell where because his X-ray vision isn't working anymore (Magneto controls X-rays). Finally, Superman is almost powerless and Magneto decides to appear, sipping iced tea and very amused by the whole thing. He uses his mind control powers to tell Superman to go f#ck himself, and Superman goes to the market to buy some condoms first.... (what a boyscout!)

Cosmic Cube
Why would he need condoms?

ZephroCarnelian
What if Supes threw a ten mile wide asteroid at him? Could his electromagnetic field repel that lol? big grin

Just kidding.

If Mags is floating then I'll agree with u that Supes prob wouldn't be able to penetrate it barehanded.

But if Mags is standing, then I very much doubt his field extends underneath him. Or he would indeed be dragging large semispherical mounds of earth with him wherever he walked, lol.

And if it doesnt extend underground, then Supes could quite easily drill down, under and pop up right next to oldprune face in a split second before Mags could realise what was going on.

Then a super-squeeze of Supes hand would make melon-sorbee of Mags' head...

demigawd
Superman is impressionable. He figures even when f#king himself, the FDA gives their warnings for a reason.

ZephroCarnelian
lol! U guys are sick in the head sometimes u know? wink

N also - Supes can see into the electromagnetic spectrum. He'd know if it was real or a hologram, lol.

demigawd
What if Supes threw a ten mile wide asteroid at him? Could his electromagnetic field repel that lol? big grin

Yes, actually. that was about the dimensions of the first Asteroid M, which Magneto apprehended and built on his own.

As for the rest, Magneto almost never stands. He hovers.

Cosmic Cube
Superman can see X-rays. That's about it from what I've seen.

An asteroid would have considerable metallic content. Magneto would probably beat him to death with it.

ZephroCarnelian
Fair enough lol.

And what about a one hundred mile asteroid? Remember - this is Superman we're talking about... wink Even the puny little POST-crisis Superman that we're talking about could throw something as small as that! big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by demigawd
Yes, actually. that was about the dimensions of the first Asteroid M, which Magneto apprehended and built on his own.

As for the rest, Magneto almost never stands. He hovers.

Doesn't Magneto support Asteroid M with his power? He doesn't even focus on doing it either.

Cosmic Cube
Fair enough lol.

And what about a one hundred mile asteroid? Remember - this is Superman we're talking about... wink Even the puny little POST-crisis Superman that we're talking about could throw something as small as that! big grin

Same principle. Magneto could control the earth with his power. Where the hell is Superman getting these asteroids?

demigawd
"Doesn't Magneto support Asteroid M with his power? He doesn't even focus on doing it either."

Yup.

ZephroCarnelian
Wow. He does some pretty awesome stuff lol.

I take it we're deffo talking current pwer levels of both characters?

And no, not all asteroids have considerable metal content.

And Superman has traced radiowaves to their source before by seeing them.

And where do u normally find asteroids lol? And not necessarily asteroids, just large chunks of granite etc...

demigawd
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Superman can see X-rays. That's about it from what I've seen.

And Magneto controls X-rays - he could make Superman see whatever he wants him to see.

ZephroCarnelian
How in blue blazes would he know that Supes has supervision?

The Egyptians used to think that we could see things by sending beams out of our eyes. It doesn't work like that, things go IN to our eyes. Supes' eyes can see a wider spectrum - and Mags wouldn't know this.

Not that it has any bearing on the fight lol.

And I can see the advantages that you guys are pointing out in Mags' favour. I'm not disputing that against current Superman he's more likely to win.

I'm just trying to say that even notsoSupes has a chance, if anyone does....

demigawd
nuh uh! Refer to Battle Rules on the board:

Basic knowledge

Each side receives basic knowledge of the other. A good measure of this would be what the general population of the character's homeworld knows. For example, that Superman has a weakness to Kryptonite is general knowledge, but that he's Clark Kent is not.

So Maneto would know about the X-ray vision.

ZephroCarnelian
So Supes would know about Mags' magnetic powers?

Then he WOULD go against character and he WOULD splat Magneto across the landscape with a superspeed punch before Magneto could even think.

Contrary to popular belief, Supes isn't thick. In fact - he's a genius. A super-genius.

He'd no the effect that electromagnetism could have on him - rendering his flight and invulnerability limited or even useless.

So he would destroy Magneto in the first 1000th of a second.

demigawd
Mags shields are always up. Wouldn't work.

ZephroCarnelian
Has Magneto EVER been hurt by a physical force?

demigawd
Sure, but never in one-on-one situations.

Swanky-Tuna
Fair enough lol.

And what about a one hundred mile asteroid? Remember - this is Superman we're talking about... wink Even the puny little POST-crisis Superman that we're talking about could throw something as small as that! big grin If Magneto just took them, he would probably pierce any asteroid while he's in his shield. Like if you step on a nail.

DigiMark007
Mag's brought Asteroid M up into space, but it's in orbit right? I don't think Mags held it up there that whole time.

Magneto wins, by the way...arguments are going well enough so I won't bother.

-DM

demigawd
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Mag's brought Asteroid M up into space, but it's in orbit right? I don't think Mags held it up there that whole time.

Asteroid M wouldn't be able to maintain a geosynchronous orbit on its own. It would be drawn by Earth's gravity and come crashing to earth like any other asteroid that got that close. Magneto maintains the orbit under his own power.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
If Magneto just took them, he would probably pierce any asteroid while he's in his shield. Like if you step on a nail.

Ouch.Originally posted by DigiMark007

Magneto wins, by the way...arguments are going well enough so I won't bother.

-DM

I believe Magneto pulled Asteroid M into earth's orbit from deep space.

He has to be supporting it. Otherwise, gravity would pull the asteroid to earth. Besides, in the one comic the narration says Asteroid M is suspended by "the will of one man."

demigawd
Great minds think alike. wink

Cosmic Cube
Why, thank you. wink

Swanky-Tuna
I'm not saying it's not an incredible feat to keep an astroid in orbit without flinching but it's probably easier than it sounds. I mean... it's not like he's holding it up, he's just pushing it. Making sure it's at the right speed to maintain orbit. But still, a massive amount of power.

demigawd
For an incredible feat, try Avalon, which is a repurposed Ship that Magneto took from Cable. It's even larger than Asteroid M and Magneto was able to lift it from Earth into orbit under his own power.

Fanboy
Yeah but ya know if Magneto somehow opened that aura up Superman still has a super dense body.

stormfront13
is that why electricity affects his shield?

K3VIL
Originally posted by Fanboy
Yeah but ya know if Magneto somehow opened that aura up Superman still has a super dense body.
His body is not denser than that of Thor or Hulk, his aura is the primary defense, the density is sort of last chance, if the aura is shutted down, Superman is gonna die, like against DD.

True Sinister
Superman.
U are all not thinking of his full powers. u focus on the aura so much that u don't think to consied the time it will take to turn off the aura leaving him vulnerable long enough to get knocked out

whirlysplat
I don't know Magneto could affect Superman's Aura. You suggest his energy is part of the em spectrum. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I suggest Supes aura manipulates subatomic particles and is in fact working at a deeper level than the Em spectrum. This is based on supes mental (psionic) control of it. Psions are theoretical subatomic particles that interact with reality and can be controlled consciously by the power of will. I suspect Supes aura is more Esoteric than Electromagnetic.

True Sinister
How could people even think that supe vs mags would be like hulk vs mags?
Supe is more intellinget,faster,stronger has heat ray vision etc. Hulk is just a hot head green brut idiot(in comparison not in general he is probably the strongest marvel hero)
Supe could break any forcefeild that mags could put up

CorderaMitchell
Magneto would have to try hard to win, but I think supes has the greatest chance.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I don't know Magneto could affect Superman's Aura. You suggest his energy is part of the em spectrum. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I suggest Supes aura manipulates subatomic particles and is in fact working at a deeper level than the Em spectrum. This is based on supes mental (psionic) control of it. Psions are theoretical subatomic particles that interact with reality and can be controlled consciously by the power of will. I suspect Supes aura is more Esoteric than Electromagnetic.

Smart-ass.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Havoc470
the iron in your blood isnt actual iron, if it was then this would mean magneto can levitate eggs

i've never seen magneto manipulate the iron in someones blood though, it sounds dumb in the comic book, i mean even the movie went around that

read X-men comics, he does it (implied) in his FIRST appearance...

And he does it all the time spelled out later... he knocks out a group of men in UXM 360 or so. his daughter Polaris knocked out an entire congregation of wedding guests by reversing blood flow in their brains, and she was able to break Iceman's ice by using trace metals.

black wolverine
r u all serious magneto is to good for superman just knock the shit out of him and its over and superman can break threw magnetos force feilds and hulk defenetly cant magnetos force fields wont brek they arent weak like invisible womans magneto wins thats it

black wolverine
u guys r dumb everyone talks about supermans speed but i just saw like 5 superman and batman episodes and superman doesn't fight like that he fight the same speed as me he only goes that fast when his is running andout of a fight when have u guys ever seen superman fight than fast never and in that superman movie he was goiing hecca slow those kryton guys were slow 2 but when he was flying around the world he was going light speed yadamean

snoopdogg
Superman dont use his superspeed unless he has too. And in most cases he just beat the sh!t out of his opponent.

Get it now?

black wolverine
nope in justice league he got his ass owned by some ughly mofo and they were fighting slow he almost died but still fighting slow

snoopdogg
Can you describe this ughly mofo? confused

CorderaMitchell
Wow could you please type clearer...............

nngo2k
In AoA, Mags knocked out Bishop by doing some electromagnetic trick.

In Lois & Clark adventure, Supes was nearly killed by some electro-hack guy. Nearly gave him a heart-attack, and Supes aura did nothing to help him.

long pig
Magneto would have to come into the fight with his strongest shield up, it could take Superman's punches for a while. Long enough to see if the bio-aura deally works, which is possible.

Even if it's psi-energy, it's still based on electric impulses, which Mag's has shown to be able to effect.

It'd be kinda neat for Mag to totally shut off Superman's powers with a wave of his hand.
But, those dirty mutants are already powerful enough.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>