Twist On The Ribbons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ou Be Low hoo
Twist on the ribbons,
Twirl them round and round,
Yellow, blue and upside down;
Float them, steal them, say their name,
Cherish them, love them, it's all the same;
Superflous decoration on perfect pearls,
Why the ribbon? Why not just pearls?
Too much, more and more, Stop! That's it!
No more for me, I'm feelin sick!
In the end, it's all that's needed...
A shape, a face and a voice to breathe with.

Keats, Byron, Shakespeare, Dante, et al ain't got nuthin on me. Suck it up. Plagiarise me and gain some kudos...I don't mind at all.

Ou Be Low hoo
I love the simplicity of your opening lines...full of colour, shape, movement and intrigue. Great start!

So insightful! A comment on the consumer age? Bravo!

Such conciseness offers a wonderful contrast to the otherwise pervading vagueness. More! More!

Your repulsion is evident in these vitriolic lines, again wonderfully contrasted with an almost playful rhyming scheme! Encore!

Ahh...The truth lies in the beauty, eh wot? A nod to Keats in a poem he would have been proud to call his own! The final line adds a suiting reflexation on beauty and it's transcience. A simple masterpiece, if that isn't too oxymoronic for the readers...Bravo! I yearn for more!

I say! You certainly are quite confident in your attributes! Suffice to say, they seem well matched! Good work!

peterKSL
lmao...

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by peterKSL
lmao...

'Like molten amphiaster ovulating'?

Coldfire
*shakes head* That was... definitely original, I'll give ya that...

peterKSL
my "lmao" was at your second post... big grin

MC Mike
Nice posts there.

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by peterKSL
my "lmao" was at your second post... big grin

You were referring that the critique is 'Like molten amphiaster ovulating'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.