mar-vell v batman v spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
too bad mar-vell was never used properly or given the chance to really grow. i still liked him a lot though. so, what do you think?

Cosmic Cube
This isn't even a fight. Mar-vell.

kgkg
is this cosmic Spiderman , or Batman prime??(haha)

LOL mar-vell is above them

leonidas
hmm, i'm surprised you think this is so one-sided. according to his stats, mar-vell is not that far above spidey in many areas:

<<Strength Level: Originally Captain Mar-Vell possessed the normal level of strength for a Kree of his age, height, and build who engaged in intensive regular exercise. Under Earth's gravity he could lift (press) 1000 pounds. His Kree nega-bands enabled Mar-Vell to convert his psionic energy into physical strength, so that he could then lift (press) 10 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: Originally, Captain Mar-Vell had no superhumanoid powers. However, the Kree have evolved with greater strength than Earth humans in order to combat the heavier gravity of their home worlds.

The Kree nega-bands converted Mar-Vell's psionic energy into strength (he could now lift 10 tons), a high degree of imperviousness to harm, and the power to fly. They also allowed Mar-Vell to exist unprotected in outer space without having to breathe.

Dr. Benjamin Savannah's radiation treatment altered Mar-Vell genetic structure so that he could absorb solar energy and convert it to various uses. When his solar power was at its peak, Mar-Vell could then lift (press) 15 tons with the nega-bands on. He then relied on the solar power rather than the bands for flight, and would leave a glowing trail behind him.

The exact nature and scope of the "cosmic awareness" granted to Mar-Vell by Eon have never been clearly defined. Apparently it enabled him to sense the presence of beings and objects in the universe that were somehow of importance to him for whatever reason. It may be somewhat comparable to Spider-Man's spider-sense and to Mantis's awareness of psychic "vibrations," but its scope was far greater than either.>>

so he's great at hand-to-hand, about the same strength as spidey and he has limited energy control. all these things would certainly give him the edge in this battle, but do you really think it would be so one-sided? i have to believe spidey could certainly get a few breat licks in at least, and i'm thinking bats could think of something. what about bats AND spidey v mar-vell?

Sentry
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i'm surprised you think this is so one-sided. according to his stats, mar-vell is not that far above spidey in many areas:

<<Strength Level: Originally Captain Mar-Vell possessed the normal level of strength for a Kree of his age, height, and build who engaged in intensive regular exercise. Under Earth's gravity he could lift (press) 1000 pounds. His Kree nega-bands enabled Mar-Vell to convert his psionic energy into physical strength, so that he could then lift (press) 10 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: Originally, Captain Mar-Vell had no superhumanoid powers. However, the Kree have evolved with greater strength than Earth humans in order to combat the heavier gravity of their home worlds.

The Kree nega-bands converted Mar-Vell's psionic energy into strength (he could now lift 10 tons), a high degree of imperviousness to harm, and the power to fly. They also allowed Mar-Vell to exist unprotected in outer space without having to breathe.

Dr. Benjamin Savannah's radiation treatment altered Mar-Vell genetic structure so that he could absorb solar energy and convert it to various uses. When his solar power was at its peak, Mar-Vell could then lift (press) 15 tons with the nega-bands on. He then relied on the solar power rather than the bands for flight, and would leave a glowing trail behind him.

The exact nature and scope of the "cosmic awareness" granted to Mar-Vell by Eon have never been clearly defined. Apparently it enabled him to sense the presence of beings and objects in the universe that were somehow of importance to him for whatever reason. It may be somewhat comparable to Spider-Man's spider-sense and to Mantis's awareness of psychic "vibrations," but its scope was far greater than either.>>

so he's great at hand-to-hand, about the same strength as spidey and he has limited energy control. all these things would certainly give him the edge in this battle, but do you really think it would be so one-sided? i have to believe spidey could certainly get a few breat licks in at least, and i'm thinking bats could think of something. what about bats AND spidey v mar-vell?

You must not have any Mar-Vell comics or of Genis Vell. Mar-Vell has battled everyone from Thanos to Silver Surfer, and Genis kicked the crap out of King Thor in Asgard, battled guys like Silver Surfer and Drax The Destroyer. Genis was also messing around with Spiderman in the Coven series of his comics. The way he was talking to Spiderman, and everything he said scared the shit out of Spiderman.
That was when Genis was a little insane and shared some of his cosmic power with a serial killer.

Stats are one thing, but you should read up on Genis or Mar-Vell.

Genis is everything a Green Lantern is, but so much more.

leonidas
<Stats are one thing, but you should read up on Genis or Mar-Vell.>

he sounds cool, maybe i'll do just that. for the purpose of this discussion though, i was considering the mar-vell who died in the famous graphic novel, not genis.

ScarletSpider
And his ability to manipulate photonic energy still puts him above Spider-Man. Sure their physical abilities are similar, but Marv's energy manipulation puts him way ahead.

who?-kid
too bad mar-vell was never used properly or given the chance to really grow. i still liked him a lot though. so, what do you think?
You mean the Mar-vell from the graphic novel "The Death of Captain Marvel" ? Boy, that was a great story.

leonidas
yep, that's the one. and yes, it WAS great! but i'm still not sure THAT CM could waste spidey like some round here think . . .

ScarletSpider
One doesn't spar with Thanos by being at Spidey's level.

who?-kid
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
One doesn't spar with Thanos by being at Spidey's level.
Sparring with Thanos ? I think you give CM too much credit, in the fights I remember Thanos was cleaning the floor with CM.

And back then, Thanos wasn't yet as insanely powerful as he is now.

ScarletSpider
Yeah. But I doubt Spidey would have even survived.

leonidas
that's what i remember too. CM was no where NEAR thanos - even back then. it took everything he had just to take down nitro, whom i don't think would be on anyone's 'most feared list'. and don't forget, there was a couple issues where spidey took down firelord, though firelord did hold back from using his full power, spidey STILL knocked him out. if he could do that to a herald of galactus, i'm thinking he could probably beat CM. he's certainly beaten many energy wielding foes before. but i'm still not sure . . .

Sentry
Captain Mar-Vell would wipe the floor with Firelord. He's like the second weakest Herald. Firelord losing Spiderman is just bad writing.

leonidas
i REALLY need someone to explain something that the old CM did (or could do) that warrants this belief that he could so easily trash 2 of the greatest heroes in history. the nega bands? c'mon! his great skill as a fighter? maybe. photon blasts? no way! anybody, please help me understand this . . . i mean i loved CM too, but this is ridiculous!

Sentry

Sentry

darthgoober
evil face

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
evil face

Ha!

darthgoober
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Ha!
I told you that you weren't the only one.

Did you notice how much leo's opinion changed since he made this. I mean NOW he was wanting to draft Mar-Vell for an Iron Man level tourney.

Symmetric Chaos
Batman ftw 10/10

darthgoober
Damn bottem of the page...
Originally posted by darthgoober
I told you that you weren't the only one.

Did you notice how much leo's opinion changed since he made this. I mean NOW he was wanting to draft Mar-Vell for an Iron Man level tourney.

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

Faceman
i REALLY need someone to explain something that the old CM did (or could do) that warrants this belief that he could so easily trash 2 of the greatest heroes in history. the nega bands? c'mon! his great skill as a fighter? maybe. photon blasts? no way! anybody, please help me understand this . . . i mean i loved CM too, but this is ridiculous! Ask and you shall receive.... wink MarVell respect thread coming soon to KMC. cool

bigbran
First appearance Mar-Vell 10/10... and that goes for the rest of them too...

Faceman
Originally posted by bigbran
First appearance Mar-Vell 10/10... and that goes for the rest of them too...

thumb up You see bran, we need that respect thread. wink

guy222
Originally posted by Faceman
thumb up You see bran, we need that respect thread. wink

Mar Vell should win. Batkick and Spidey's speed are something to contend with

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.