Greatest Shootouts EVER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cgtuna21
Mine is Vasilli Zaitsev and that German officer going at it with there snipers in Enemy at the Gates and also especially The 1st Matrix with Neo fighting Agent Smith.

What is Yours?

Walter Simard
http://www.bunkosquad.com/100movies/images/80.jpg
Hollywood's first movie where blood gushed out of victims, a western classic, The Wild Bunch (1969).

Lord Soth
Lobby scene in M1
Morgue scene in The Rock

Trinity_Matrix
Lobby scene in Matrix, of course...

also...hmmm...I actually don't watch a lot of movies with gunfights besides the Matrix...

EOWYN3
Desparado in the bar

A.D. Skinner
Shooting scene in Heat with Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer as they walk out of the bank.

Lord Soth
Once upon a time in Mexico

HannaBananabal
I'm partial to ANY Matrix gunfight scenes, they all rock.

glenn
Hard to kill (steven seagul)

sumunabeech
Unforgiven

Lord Shadow Z
Desperado gunfights rock!

ragesRemorse
The best gun fight goes to eigther

Face off- John woo

My favorite- HARD BOILED- John woo, and chow yun fat.

Matrix movies come next

BOPRecruit 16
young guns 2 and matrix

The One Himself
The scene from the movie "The Untouchables" where the baby carriage falls down the stairs.

Lord Soth
I love that scene, but I haven't seen it in so long.......

Bad Boy
Bad Boys in the air shelter!

wicker_man
The sentry gun scene in Aliens (this scene is only available in Directors Cut editons of the movie).

The opening gun fight in The Mummy, where Rick O'Conell keeps pulling out guns.

namarie
matrix
once upon a time in mexico

alic88
face/off

Lord Soth
I LOVE that scene!

GISKA
for me best gun-fight scenes are in Matrix and Equilibrium

Vim
gee, you guys have them just about all covered... but what about all three die hard movies!! Those things are just jampacked with gun fighting!

Lord Soth
I love the Die Hard movies

Aku
I'd probably go with the one in 3000 Miles To Graceland where Kevin has that M249 and is blowing up all those cars and shooting all those S.W.A.T guys who have MP5s.

How come Special Forces guys in films are always given crap guns. They are always given crap guns like:

-AK47's (example: army in bad boys II)
-MP5's (example: S.W.A.T, 3000 miles to graceland)
-M4A1's (example: bad boys II, SWAT)

All the bad guys get wicked guns:

P90's (example: Die Another Day, xXx)
Remmington's (example: Kill Bill 2)
M249's
SVD Snipers
AI Arctic Magnum Snipers

How do the bad guys pay for all this crap?

Myth
The bad guys in a lot of movies are rich drug dealers so thats how they can pay for the guns.

ladygrim
most defintly

forumcrew
equilibrium had some badass gun scenes

Dexx
these are all GREAT weapons

forumcrew
the AK47 isnt but i do like MP5's

Myth
I never really could figure out what to think of that movie. Its like 1984 with fighting which is cool, and some of the scenes were cool, but the movie just lacked something.

vvvrulz
Desperado had some mean shoot em ups.

Creechuur
The Rainbow Six team had silenced MP10's. Imagine being a bad guy and hearing a barely audible 'click-click-click' before seeing one of your fellow criminal's head exploding. That book had some tense gunfight moments. They weren't all action-y like the movies, you really got a sense that they had to take the bad guys down quickly since innocent lives were at stake. Hope they make a movie out of that book some day.

I think Hard Boiled had some of the best gunplay I've ever seen.

Of course, the lobby scene in The Matrix is a classic. That stupid anti-gravity coat check scene in Revolutions was lame though.

vvvrulz
Yeah forgot bout the lobby scene, thats definately up there with the best. Revolutions club-hell scene was pure crap.

Shadow_King
i liked the gun fighting scene from fifth element

brue willis (dallas) vs thos creatures on the cruise ship.

amity75
Best gunfight scene was the Hymalayan barroom gunfight in Raiders.

moonwalker741
Barney The Movie: The Uncut, and Unrated version stick out tongue
sick a$$ gun sequences

Waggy the Dog
Aku,

you sure know your guns. Michael Moore must have crapped his pants.

In my opinion, A Better Tommorow 2, has the best gunfight ever.
Reel.com also called it the "most frantic gun-battle ever filmed".

Agent Elrond
I loved those scenes. They were real cool.

The Lobby gunfight in The Matrix was one of the best scnese of the movie. It totally kicked ass.

ladygrim
i now .....

Primitive Screwhead #1
Botched bank robbery scene in Heat.

The "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" gunfight in Face/Off.

The lobby shootout in Matrix definitely raised the bar on shootouts as well.

Dexx
if you look at the quality/price equasion..it's probably one of the best.

i liked some of the gun scenes in leon. a classic

WindDancer
I like the final duel in The Good, The bad, and the Ugly. Great music and cool scene. Very symbolic and tense. A true Classic thumb up

BlazingBarrells
OK YOU ALL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A "Gunfight" Is. Matrix definitley doesnt belong, and niether do sniper fights. I seriously wonder why you all like the gunfights from the matrix so much. OK yes, they are cool, but they are fake as fake gets! There is a movie called Equlibrium, the gunfights are just as fake as fake gets, but they are TEN time better than the Matrix. Here are the best gunfights. Seriously read these, and if you havent seen any of them. You are missing out.

In NO particular order.

The way of te gun- The last fight scene was genious. VERY realistic.
Hard Boiled- Tea House, on the sail boat,and Hospital. Way over the top but way cool
The killer- Opening assasination in club, and church
Face/Off- Air hangar, Castors pad, church- (yes John Woo is crazy with gunfights.
Heat- LA street shoot out
Last Man Standing- movie sucks but the ending sequence where Bruce Willis wastes like 15 guys is crazy.
A Better Tomorrow 2- House slaughter
Predator- columbian attack in jungle
Die Hard- any and all
A Better Tomorrow 1- Chow stealing tape
Broken Arrow- Train and in cave
Open Range- may seem like it would be lame, it is a slow movie, but very surprisingly the last gun fight was one of the best in recent years. GREAT ACTION SCENE.
Bad Boys 2- OK someone put that the first one had a cool gunfight, that was some of the lamest action in movies ever. Part 2 was 100 times better for action. The Haitian house gunfight, KKK gunfight.
Hoodlum- Trap in the streets shootout
Wild Bunch- just cause its bloody
Replacement Killers- car wash, alleyway
The Corrupter- personaly i dont think this movie gets enough credit. car chase shootout, lamp store shootout was AWSOME.

BlazingBarrells
In NO particular order.

The way of te gun- The last fight scene was genious. VERY realistic.
Hard Boiled- Tea House, on the sail boat,and Hospital. Way over the top but way cool
The killer- Opening assasination in club, and church
Face/Off- Air hangar, Castors pad, church- (yes John Woo is crazy with gunfights.
Heat- LA street shoot out
Last Man Standing- movie sucks but the ending sequence where Bruce Willis wastes like 15 guys is crazy.
Desperado- Bar shootout was fun
A Better Tomorrow 2- House slaughter
Predator- columbian attack in jungle
Die Hard- any and all
A Better Tomorrow 1- Chow stealing tape
Broken Arrow- Train and in cave
Open Range- may seem like it would be lame, it is a slow movie, but very surprisingly the last gun fight was one of the best in recent years. GREAT ACTION SCENE.
Bad Boys 2- OK someone put that the first one had a cool gunfight, that was some of the lamest action in movies ever. Part 2 was 100 times better for action. The Haitian house gunfight, KKK gunfight.
Hoodlum- Trap in the streets shootout
Wild Bunch- just cause its bloody
Replacement Killers- car wash, alleyway
The Corrupter- personaly i dont think this movie gets enough credit. car chase shootout, lamp store shootout was AWSOME. Chow Yun Fat made the scene so much cooler

Those are only a few. I would like to state that the matrix should not be classified as gunfights. They are as fake as fake can get. Yes, they are cool, but FAKE. There is a difference between over the top and fake. YOu who know gunfights can back be up there. If anyone can name some more that i left off please do so. evil face If you havent seen any of them that i listed you are missing out. So ALL ACTION FANATICS post away cause i wanna hear what you have to say

Red Superfly
I like the gunfight in Equilibrium where they are trying to shoot each other but they keep knocking each others aim off. Kung fu gun fight rocks.

And he's Batman, so he rules.

JKozzy
We have no gunfight forum.

Whisper
The Nepalese barroom gunfight in Raiders is amazing. The guns sound like they should as well.

SnakeEyes
Bad Boys 2: when will smith and martin lawrence fought the drugged up Rastaferrians. That was cool.
The first Matrix:lobby scene
Open Range: basically the last part of the movie.
Untouchables: stairway/baby gunfight
Desperrado: the bar fight
The replacement killers: the movie
smile smile

<<Solo>>
The Ending Resevoir Dogs Scene.

WindDancer
The final showdown in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

roundisfunny
...only Zul.

Also:
Miller's Crossing--Leo vs. Thugs; cops vs. gangsters
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels--free-for-all; Gary vs. Harry
Tombstone--OK Corral
Magnificent Seven--Final fight
Red Dawn--all of them, really
Silverado--ditto
The Dirty Dozen--right after Maggot stabs the German girl
The Quick and the Dead--from what I can remember, they were all decent shootouts

Whisper
There is no Gozer...

cal31
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) Uh duh, it is in a computer program, and that's the reason why they are like that, it isn't supposed to be like real life, think outside your tiny little box and you would know that.

Anyways the best gun scenes are in Equilibrium, Matrix, and although it technically isn't a gun fight, it's still awesome, the scene in Predator where they mow down half the rain forest after Jesse the Body is killed.

Super_Xero
Proberly The Matrix I Say! laughing out loud YES YES! THE MATRIX 1stick out tongue I'm Hungry & Cold...

Lord_Andres
OPen Range gunfight was sweet big grin

Lord Shadow Z
The Matrix lobby gunfight is awful! Its so slow and tedious that I switch off very quickly . I go for the Desperado bar gunfight and the Predator gunfight in the village.

deadly_force
face off when the kid is listening to the music not only the my fav gun fight scene but my favourite scene of any kind ever

Jackie Malfoy
I have no idea what kind of guns he used because he said "I need guns alot of them" and all of these guns showed up out of no where!
The music the shooting that was the best part of the movie.Almost my favorirte but I like Smith and Nemo's fight towards the end.Really cool scene!
Anyway that part is my favorite gun part of a movie can't think of anything else but star wars with there battles being my second I think!JM eek!

slinger
What do you guys think are some of the greatest shootouts ever? It can be realistic, over-the-top, or whatever. But it can't be a 30-second shootout or anything like that. Here are some I can think of right now:
The Wild Bunch-In my opinion, this set the stage for stuff like what John Woo does.

Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow II, The Killer-These are John Woo's best shootouts. Hard Boiled has the tea house scene at the beginning, the warehouse scene, and the hospital scene. A Better Tomorrow II has the ending. And The Killer has the church scene.

Heat-An exciting, realistic shootout.

Way of the Gun-This one's pretty violent and gritty. It's probably one of the most realistic shootouts I've seen.

Agree, disagree? Any other shootouts?

pr1983
matrix lobby is pretty sweet...

heats one that you mentioned is one of my faves...

BlazingBarrells
wow here we go, ......way of the gun is one of the greatest and most realistic shootouts ever. Any John Woo stuff, in particular, Hard Boiled. The Killer, A Better Tomorrow 1 and 2 had good ones. Face/Off, Heat is one of my favs also. The last shoot out in Open Range, and i am dead serious, wacth it just for the last fight, its nuts. Equilibrium. nough said. Air Force One, plane take over shootout. Last Man Standing. nough said. Broken Arrow had some good ones. Wild Bunch, of course. Replacement Killers, hardcore John Woo rip off, but it was still tight. Ronin had a good one. Bad Boys two had some good ones. Michael Bay forever. M-I 2 bio lab shootout. Hoodlum street shootout with tommy guns was sick. Collateral, club shootout. Desperado bar fight. Die Hard, DUH. The Rundowns last shootout was cheesy as hell but entertaining. Under Siege has a nice one in the battleship. Dont care, Hard Target had some tight ones. How can i forget L.A. Confidential. hella good gunfight in the end. there are more but just fester on those for a while.

Red Superfly
Equilibrium.

The final fight between Preston and Father - wow.

jaden101
Originally posted by sumunabeech
Unforgiven

i second that

also

face off

the good the bad and the ugly

leon

Andrew McLeod
Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico. El Mariachi wasn't that great for action, it was good but not as exciting.

jokerdude3232
Scarface (Tony's Last Stand)
Heat (Bank Shootout)
Matrix 1 ( Lobby Shootout)
The Untouchables (Trainstation Shootout)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Final Shootout)
Dillenger (Hideout Shootout)
Tombstone ( OK Corral)
Open Range (Final Shootout)
Saving Private Ryan *Not sure if it qualifies as a shootout* (Holding the Bridge)
Full Metal Jacket *Not sure if it qualifies as a shootout* (Sniper hunt)

eleveninches
Equilibruim
Matrix
Man with the golden gun

BlazingBarrells
how could i forget Tonys Last Stand, that was classic!!!

king_arthur
The Rock- the shootout scene in the shower room.

Face/off- Airplane hangar, the Church and SWAT shoot out.

Freaky Zeeky
Scarface and Bad Boys II(against the Haitians)

bakerboy
End of bonnie and clyde
Heat
Untouchables
Butch cassidy and sundance kid
The wild bunch

movie_madhead
Scarface
Heat
Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Terminator (Police station scene)

lordofwar
Any shootout in a John Woo film.

terd40
once upon a time in mexico when jonny depp was blind and still killed the guards but more imortantly the end sequence in equilibrium. all that movie lacked was a more detailed setup of how the clerics had proven their worth.

Myth
Scarface

lordofwar
Hard Boiled - Hospital shoot out.

End of discussion.

Ascendancy
Four Brothers: when the crew rolls up outside the house in hockey masks

The Corruptor: Mostly the last scenes on the ship, but all the action was good

Soldier: when Russell goes commando on the upgraded units and ambushes them all, though not technically a shootout I guess.

Boondock Saints: Didn't see this mentioned, but my bad if it is. The raid on the house and all the action at the end. Again, maybe not a true shootout, but ah well.

0mega Spawn
Matrix Lobby Shootout

siriuswriter
I think that PotC 2 made a pretty cool nod to the Mexican stand-off - even though they were using swords.

Esau Cairn
One of the best I've ever seen was from "Things To Do When You're Dead In Denver." starring Andy Garcia & also Treat Williams.

From memory the shoot-out's set in a restaurant kitchen where two groups of gunmen are facing each other off. Both sides know it's going to be a blood bath & so neither side wants to pull the trigger first.
It's a tense "mexican stand-off" for about 2 minutes, each side yelling threats & bluffs...then some one bumps a hanging sauce pan that crashes to the ground & yeah...all hell breaks loose.

Ascendancy
Oh, forgot, the shootout at the end of State of Grace with Sean Penn, Ed Harris, and Gary Oldman. Great way to close the movie out.

Esau Cairn
Young Guns. The final gunfight when all The Regulators are trapped inside the house & Palance calls on the army to surround it.

And no one's mentioned The Professional!!!
When the cops finally storm the apartment...

the ninjak
That single shot scene in the hospital in Hard-Boiled. Easily.

Some people here really need to check out foreign cinema.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by the ninjak

Some people here really need to check out foreign cinema.

Every time I check out foreign films it's usually got a bunch of Germans defecating & urinating on each other... wink

the ninjak
laughing out loud Where do you look? Aren't you the one who works on Oxford St stick out tongue

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by the ninjak
Aren't you the one who works on Oxford St stick out tongue

Hey I can walk the walk too y'know. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.