Who ate food?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
Who ate food at the theatre, while watching any of the LOTR movies?

Discos

Smodden
But what about the psychological effects food has on one's mind while viewing the films?

Discos
well one might say......I wasnt hungry,

Discos - damn you people are arrogant wink

Fëanor
i ate some dogs and a tub o' popcorn... is that considered food then? confused

DCLXVI
I ate some popcorn....

Fëanor
it sucked though... half way through the movie
NATURED CALLED!!!

damn soda...

xXLauriëXx
popcorn happy we managed to chuck it all over the floor though when aragorn came through the doors of the Hall at Helms deep bag

Discos
nature indeed calls at all the wrong times, never happened during LOTR though.

yeah Dogs and popcorn can be classed as food, I dont now anyone who buys popcorn and actually finishes the whole lot.....they suck after 3 handfuls.

xXLauriëXx
i eat the whole lot yes.. except when i throw it everywhere of course

Discos
ach childish behaviour,

Discos - that type of act actually got me a chick once,

xXLauriëXx
really?

Discos
indeed,

throw popcorn, they turned round and throw back, ended up sitting together and boom.....got myself some of my own popcorn

Smodden

xXLauriëXx
thumbsup lol

edit: agh smod you knows my secret shifty

Discos
you wish feanor, no one is stupid enough to throw precious mnm's.

Smodden
Originally posted by Discos
you wish feanor, no one is stupid enough to throw precious mnm's.

Stupid? I think not. More like, Crafty and Sly.yes

xXLauriëXx
shifty

Tassie
Popcorn, I think.. Is that.. uhh.. considered food? confused AAAHH this thread is too thought-provoking for me!!! shock

Elessea
I twiszzlerses....happy love

shadowy_blue
I never ate at the cinema since I saw "Castaway". I was battling with a Junior Mint goo that was stuck between my teeth while Tom Hanks was talking to a volleyball. confused

*has deja vu* no expression

rohanspear543
yea I bought a tub of popcorn and barely ate any during the trilogy.

Smodden
Originally posted by shadowy_blue
I never ate at the cinema since I saw "Castaway". I was battling with a Junior Mint goo that was stuck between my teeth while Tom Hanks was talking to a volleyball. confused

No dissing castaway woman!mad

shadowy_blue
gun

eek!

The movie was good, it's just the Junior Mint thingies that traumatized me. fear

Smodden
hug

I'll keep the mints away from you....happy

Discos

WILSON!!!!!!! eek!

(being honest here) - everytime I watch the two towers when sam is making the stew, I have the biggest urge to have some soup.

Smodden
Now your talkin'!eek!

But mostly the food they showed in the movies wasn't that appealing to me...messed

Elessea
The soup was though eek! happy

and so was....the ale stick out tongue teehee...

Fëanor
i've actually had rabbit stew... sort of looks like beef stew but taste like chicken huh

Discos
cant say I have had a stew before. Cinema food is very very expensive, bloody extorsionists.

for some bizzare reason I thought the ale wasnt that appealing, Probably cause it was "props" and you barely got to see any ale and more of seeing the actual head of the beer (foam stuff)

Elessea
eek! my friends in PL said rabbits tasted like chickens too!

Leggy_n_Merry
Awwww you can't eat bunny rabbits sad

Of course I ate when I watched them! For ROTK I remember I had popcorn, a bag of M&Ms (or malteasers) and a drink big grin Usually I get just a bag of M&Ms and a bottle of coke/fanta from a shop where it's cheaper but ROTK was special so I got a larger drink from the cinema and some popcorn too big grin

xXLauriëXx
mmm ... popcorn.....happy

Elessea
I like Twizzlerses better!

Smodden
Mr.Pibhappy

Smodden
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
Awwww you can't eat bunny rabbits sad

no you can't...no

Fëanor
yes you can... you skin 'em...filet 'em then you plop 'em in a pot of water... now if only i had some decent herbs and some potatoes... stick out tongue

Discos
tators?.....whats tators

Discos - ......precious wink

Smodden

xXLauriëXx

Smodden

xXLauriëXx
sick cinnamon

belbel300
i was too interested to eat. I was on the edge of my seat. Especially at the spider bit. I ended up at the end of the movie with a whole bag of sweets !!!! laughing

xXLauriëXx
you mean you didn't have a bag of sweets to begin with? wow that is magic.

belbel300
ha ha, no I had one at the beginning, I just never got past half of the bag, the rest just stayed there

xXLauriëXx
so u didn't really end up with a whole bag of sweets, if you managed to eat half of them...

sorry, i'm in a really pedantic mood today, i'll shut up bag

belbel300
dats ok

Smodden

xXLauriëXx
what about them? oh yeh.. numbers going to my head no expression

Fëanor

xXLauriëXx
they could be.. pets.. or something confused

Fëanor
mebbe we should adopt them and take to the family tree....no expression

xXLauriëXx
god no, i don't think i can stand any more pets... no expression... not that i don't love the ones we have already wink... fear Agh Exa's gonna kill me!!

Exabyte

xXLauriëXx
i wouldn't dare fear stick out tongue

Flying High
erm....i ate a large popcorn (im such a fatty) and i dont share lol....i can manage it all....i also had two bottles of fanta i think....akwell....i keep my eyes on the film while i eat though...so its ok smile

xXLauriëXx
i can manage a whole tub of popcorn to myself too hehehe, but usually we share, cos it's so damn expensive roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fëanor
Originally posted by Flying High
erm....i ate a large popcorn (im such a fatty) and i dont share lol....i can manage it all....i also had two bottles of fanta i think....akwell....i keep my eyes on the film while i eat though...so its ok smile two bottles of soda for me and i'm gone to the men's room less than halfway through the movie...i am no expression

Smodden
Does someone have an over-active bladder?naughty

xXLauriëXx
i've never ever left a film to go to the loo, EVER. Unbroken record. yes

Smodden

Flying High

xXLauriëXx
Originally posted by Smodden
Not even at ROTK??shock
nope big grin do you really think i'd risk missing even a minute of it!? stick out tongue

Leggy_n_Merry
Oh my god Smod you left in the middle of LORD OF THE RINGS?! Oh my god that's terrible! I have left before but I think it was when I was young so I was stupid and missed parts of the film..stoopid me! But I NEVER do it anymore! How can you just miss parts of the film? You'd come back and you'd be like blink

xXLauriëXx
exactly ^^^ yes

luv the new siggy by the way moggy

Smodden
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
Oh my god Smod you left in the middle of LORD OF THE RINGS?! Oh my god that's terrible! I have left before but I think it was when I was young so I was stupid and missed parts of the film..stoopid me! But I NEVER do it anymore! How can you just miss parts of the film? You'd come back and you'd be like blink
What am I supposed to do? hold it?!laughing out loud
well I didn't go the FIRST time I saw ROTK, because I paced myself, one sip every 11 min. or so...laughing out loud
But when the time comes that I must do what needs to be done, I can go pretty fast....yes

xXLauriëXx
What am I supposed to do? hold it?!laughing out loud

YES! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fëanor
wuh? is that....run to the bathroom real fast, or you whizz really fast?

*thinks*

after much calculation, smod, that if you whizz really fast and the arc of the trajectory and the moment of impact...you'd have to stand at least 3 feet from the urinal in order to avoid back splash...

odd....i can almost invision that laughing

xXLauriëXx
blink

Fëanor
huh

sorry....was i being too....vulgar?

Smodden

Fëanor
big grin....still, you'd have to stop to wash your hands

...or don't you? shifty

xXLauriëXx
how.. dirty stick out tongue laughing

Smodden

Flying High
im not sure i want to know what YOU would do in that situation...

Smodden
*snicker snicker* potty humor...naughty

ninja

shadowy_blue
laughing

OMG, the last time I posted in this thread, we were still talking about foods, and now it shifted to Smoddy's way of wheezing. laughing out loud

Smodden
embarrasment

shadowy_blue
Hey, babe, I like it! stick out tongue You whizzing and all. eek!

Fëanor
*gets visual of shadowy watching smoddy whizzing in said urinal*

aagh!!! it's in my head!!! please!!! get it out!!!!

shadowy_blue
LMAO. shifty

Smodden
Well, yes, speaking of food at the movie theatre....no expression

shadowy_blue
I actually ate popcorn while watching "The Revenge of the Sith"...and what do you know? I had popcorns stuck between my teeth again. I spent at least an hour trying to get them out. While the Anakin/Obi-wan and Yoda/Sidious were fighting, I was busy with my own thing. no expression

I swear I won't eat popcorn again. mad

*grabs fiddle faddle*

Fëanor
I actually ate popcorn while watching "The Revenge of the Sith"...and what do you know? I had popcorns stuck between my teeth again. I spent at least an hour trying to get them out. While the Anakin/Obi-wan and Yoda/Sidious were fighting, I was busy with my own thing. no expression

I swear I won't eat popcorn again. mad

*grabs fiddle faddle* o don't you just hate that???

especialy those ones where it's sliver thin and golden...you can feel it there but no matter how much time you spend picking at it with your fingers...it's just beyond reach

so pretty much the movie is wasted only because that kernel is now on your mind throughout....erm

JohnnyBloom
popcorn ... every time!!!
in my opinion you can't go to the cinema without popcorn - i threw it all over the people in front of me when Legola did that slidy thing down teh steps in TTT, and then I went home and thought "now that's just silly, dnever do it again ..." but one year later i did the exact same thing when legolas clambered up onto his good old oliphant.

Fëanor
can you imagine....not having popcorn while you watch a movie

i mean...what else can you do to pass the time before the movies starts?

THUMB WARS!!!! eek!

JohnnyBloom
HAHA
thumb wars indeed!!
you need popcorn, apparently my mate once had an arguement with this girl she went to the cinema with about who was going to hold the popcorn!!! ... cor, some people eh!!
Thing is, by the time the film starts I've generally eaten all the popcorn and there's absolutely none left, I'm often tempted to go out and buy more but that means going out of the cinema during the film, and i would NEVER EVER EVER do that!

Smodden
Originally posted by JohnnyBloom
HAHA
thumb wars indeed!!
you need popcorn, apparently my mate once had an arguement with this girl she went to the cinema with about who was going to hold the popcorn!!! ... cor, some people eh!!
Thing is, by the time the film starts I've generally eaten all the popcorn and there's absolutely none left, I'm often tempted to go out and buy more but that means going out of the cinema during the film, and i would NEVER EVER EVER do that!

Little brothers...and sisters are good for fetching extra food and such...

^True though, I always eat like crazy before the movie acctually starts.erm and then I don't have any drink, and I know that the popcorn will make me thirsty so I can't eat any of it...and well...yeah...no expression

Fëanor
Little brothers...and sisters are good for fetching extra food and such...

^True though, I always eat like crazy before the movie acctually starts.erm and then I don't have any drink, and I know that the popcorn will make me thirsty so I can't eat any of it...and well...yeah...no expression sometimes i like to save money, so i pack a hearty meal in my backpack - it's quite fun too

especially the looks on peoples faces when i bust out the table, table cloth, the candles and the fine china

Smodden
^laughing

Yeah, and in the winter, you can wear loooooong trench coats and stuff the insides with apples and sandwiches...They never know...no2

JohnnyBloom
my mum does that, she takes a whole bloomin picnic!!! It's surprising how much food she can get into that incy wincy hand bag of hers you know!!

^ you're right though, the popcorn makes you sooo thirsty, and the bits get stuck in my teeth, unfortunately I dont' have any brothers or sisters! I've no manner of luck in all!

Fëanor
^laughing

Yeah, and in the winter, you can wear loooooong trench coats and stuff the insides with apples and sandwiches...They never know...no2 i don't think they really care though....but i've done that myself where i've hidden soday and snacks...

one time, in high school me and my friends brought some water bottles with us, and everytime we'd pretend sneeze and spray the bottle in front of us...laughing out loud

although it got us kicked out of the theater

JohnnyBloom
i got kicked out the of the cinema once cos i went hyper when i thought one of the characters had died and me and my friends went stupidly screamy/giggly ... of course, we'd already seen the film five times each!

Fëanor
Originally posted by JohnnyBloom
i got kicked out the of the cinema once cos i went hyper when i thought one of the characters had died and me and my friends went stupidly screamy/giggly ... of course, we'd already seen the film five times each! roll eyes (sarcastic)....girls

i get the same reaction whenever i enter a room...priceless i tell you

xXLauriëXx
do ya now? stick out tongue

JohnnyBloom
yeah, people always look at me like I'm weird - i'm so used to it now that it doesn't bother me!

Fëanor

xXLauriëXx
exactly the same as you did the other day on the pictures thread!! stick out tongue
but rediculously gorgeous as always big grin stick out tongue

Fëanor

JohnnyBloom
... we're waiting!

Fëanor
lord...if you insist

hold on while i pose on top of my stove - now remember kiddies, the ciggy is just for props: i do not advocate smoking as being cool...

and you must forgive the hair - spur of the moment type of thing

JohnnyBloom
PHWOAR!!!!
the resemblance is uncanny!

shaber
OTF >

Fëanor
isn't it....blink

sometimes i'm in awe of myself when i look at the mirror...i may have to live a life as recluse in order to keep my sanity

ladygrim
no expression

Fëanor
Originally posted by ladygrim
no expression i know...you are in awe also

*sigh* i get that a lot...don't worry, it'll pass

JohnnyBloom
*there's no-one full of themself on this board :P* LOL!
apparently my mate went to a fancy dress party dressed as him once!

Fëanor
lol...

embarrasment believe it or not i did that too...but not as a pirate or anything

uh...anyway, yeah! uh....i like to eat a good hotdog when i'm the movies big grin

JohnnyBloom
naah, a hot dog seems too american for me (not that i've got anything against americans, i just like to be british!), good old popcorn is best!!!

(no, my friend actually went as the one and only pirate captain or so i hear ... messed?)

Leggy_n_Merry
popcorn is too expensive it's such a rip! i just buy a bag of m&ms, minstrels or malteasers (or some kind of sweets if i'm in the mood for sweets instead of chocolate) and a bottle of pepsi or fanta coz the drinks from the cinema are really expensive too roll eyes (sarcastic)

haha feanor you crack me up! laughing

Smodden
^good point meggy, Lets compare value:

Here in Natchez, Mississippi it's...
Small Popcorn $4.50
Med. Popcorn $4.75
Large Popcorn $5.00<free refills

Drinks are
Small $3.75
Med. $4.00
Large $4.50<free refills

And the ALWAYS make you buy the large popcorn!!!
Me: "just a small please...""

Them: "just a quarter more and you get a Medium..."

Me: "Well, ok, I guess thats a good deal..."

Them: "and just another quarter more and you can make it a large"

Me: "Well I can't really eat all of th...Oh but THATS a REALLY GOOD BARGIN! I'll take it!"

I always fall for it....mad

Fëanor
^good point meggy, Lets compare value:

Here in Natchez, Mississippi it's...
Small Popcorn .50
Med. Popcorn .75
Large Popcorn .00<free refills

Drinks are
Small .75
Med. .00
Large .50<free refills

And the ALWAYS make you buy the large popcorn!!!
Me: "just a small please...""

Them: "just a quarter more and you get a Medium..."

Me: "Well, ok, I guess thats a good deal..."

Them: "and just another quarter more and you can make it a large"

Me: "Well I can't really eat all of th...Oh but THATS a REALLY GOOD BARGIN! I'll take it!"

I always fall for it....mad laughing out loud oh man - we're such suckers when it comes to that...."Just a quarter more you can..."

yeah....and if i had a quarter more i'd ask for the goddam large now wouldn't i!!!

by the time i've left the movies, i've spent nearly 30 f'n dollars...and for what? dontgetit

@leggy....yeah *sigh* i know....it's all right, we all must laugh in order to hide our true feelings behind it....you're thinking: god! feanor is so divalickalicious - yummer

shadowy_blue
Blah! Cinemark is flippin' nuts! Some of the foods are more expensive than the movie ticket itself! mad

That's why I always go ghetto-style (or at least my pompous cousin thinks it's ghetto..roll eyes (sarcastic) ) I buy foods (if I'm in the mood to eat while watching) from outside the cinema. eek!

Smodden
Rebel!eek!

JohnnyBloom
Yeah, there'a a little shop opposite my cinema which sells all kinds of food cheap (except popcorn of course!!) so I go there for most stuff!

Leggy_n_Merry

Morning_Glory
I didnt eat or drink anything .. was affraid i would have to go.. and didnt want to miss a single moment of the movie

Fëanor
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I didnt eat or drink anything .. was affraid i would have to go.. and didnt want to miss a single moment of the movie eek! MORNING_GLORY!!??!!

JohnnyBloom
I didnt eat or drink anything .. was affraid i would have to go.. and didnt want to miss a single moment of the movie

i don't know what's more scary, the fact that you didn't take any food with you (shock horror!!) or the prospect of missing some of the film!!

laughing out loud

JohnnyBloom

xXLauriëXx
i always end up buying cinema popcorn, even though its so expensive ... its habit i think erm

Flying High
i gte a large popcorn stick out tongue

but its too tempting cause i would gte a large popcorn and a medium drink...but it works out cheaper to gte a large drink cause of a combo lol...

Leggy_n_Merry
I don't think I like popcorn that much...well I do and it is addictive, but when i had a large which I shared with Luke when I went to see Kingdom of Heaven i ate loads and when i got home I felt horrible, I had like this stabbing pain, and I think it was coz of the popcorn coz it happened the other day when I rented Team America: World Police and bought popcorn then no expression sorry i always blab.....

Smodden
^laughing out loud
oohh, team america, was it good? I have to limit my intake of popcorn, or else I get the same kinds of pain in my stomach...sick...I think it's all the butter...

sushidroolio

Leggy_n_Merry
uuuurgh!

i only have the sweet one not the butter one! oooh so it definitely is the popcorn if you get it too then!

and yeah team america is good big grin tis stupid funny (well that's a bit obvious that it's gonna be that type of funny)

Smodden
laughing out loud
well, yeah, sweet popcorn?? like carmel, and rainbow and stuff...?
I havn't had that in ages...droolio
Skittles is the perfect movie food....the sour onesyes
I always get a Mr. Pib at the movies...for some reason it's the only drink I get...and I hardly see it anywhere else except the cinema...speaking of sodas...
Does anyone remember 'Surge'???That awesome drink of the 90's??!!eek!
It was sooooo good, lol, and they stopped making it...sad

Morning_Glory
i wish America had sweet popcorn

never heard of rainbow popcorn...

Leggy_n_Merry
laughing out loud
well, yeah, sweet popcorn?? like carmel, and rainbow and stuff...?
I havn't had that in ages...droolio
Skittles is the perfect movie food....the sour onesyes
I always get a Mr. Pib at the movies...for some reason it's the only drink I get...and I hardly see it anywhere else except the cinema...speaking of sodas...
Does anyone remember 'Surge'???That awesome drink of the 90's??!!eek!
It was sooooo good, lol, and they stopped making it...sad

ermmm rainbow popcorn? confused haha no i dont think lol...it's just coz like a sweet flavou just like well i cant explain lol....

big grin

xXLauriëXx
i wish America had sweet popcorn

never heard of rainbow popcorn...
america doesn't have sweet popcorn? eek What!! That's crazy

Smodden
yeah, I was kinda confused about that when you said sweet popcorn, it's not caramel or rainbow???messed

It's just like popcorn with sugar on it???messedmessed
That's the strangest thing I've ever heard...

Flying High
i have salt popcorn messed

it requires a lot of juice...

i ate werthers originals and popcorn during star wars...they're so good....so what if they are old people sweets stick out tongue

Morning_Glory

Smodden
Originally posted by Flying High
i have salt popcorn messed

it requires a lot of juice...

i ate werthers originals and popcorn during star wars...they're so good....so what if they are old people sweets stick out tongue

werthers original?no expression

hysterical

uh...I'm so sorry, but you just MADE MY DAY!!!!!laughing
WERTHERS!!!HA!laughinglaugh:LMAO!!laughing

xXLauriëXx
laughing out loud.... no expression

Leggy_n_Merry
hahaha ermm...ok

hahaha

And ermm sweet popcorn isn't with like sugar on it, well it's not like sugar grains or whatever you call them, it's just sweet tasting...sometimes it tastes kinda plain though...

xXLauriëXx
yeah it does *sigh*... if you make popcorn yourself though and put it in a bowl with tons of sugar and shake it all up.. mmm droolio

JohnnyBloom
but sometimes cinema sweet popcorn has random salty bits in it!!!

Smodden
Oh, Good idea Laurie!!!eek!

JohnnyBloom
yeah- think i might have mentioned this before, but my mum is obsessed with making her own popcorn at home and taking that with her!!!
... certainly cheaper!

Fëanor
that sweet popcorn thingy is called: kettle popcorn - it tastes awesome!!! eek!

xXLauriëXx
kettle popcorn?! huh

Fëanor
Kettle popcorn is now America's fastest growing favorite flavor. It's a combination of sweet and a little bit of salt to give Kettle Corn it's unique taste. Order a bag of Kettle corn today.

Smodden

Fëanor
for you smod....your hearts desire

and we both know who that is, don't we? shifty

darkperson
Popcor Soda Candy rolling on floor laughing cool

darkperson
Popcorn Soda Candy rolling on floor laughing cool

Smodden

JohnnyBloom
kettle popcorn sounds mad!!! we havn't got it over here yet!

xXLauriëXx
nope *sigh* we must be missing out eh johnnybloom? stick out tongue

JohnnyBloom
hee hee - although as ive already said they already seem to be able to get the sweet and salty muddled up!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>