Best Comic Book Artists (Not your favorite!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Since we've given the worst of them flack, lets honor the best of them.
I think Jim Lee and Andy Kubert are among the best artists.

Draco69
Jim Lee
Michael Turner
David Cassady
Bryan Hitch
Greg Land

pr1983
jim lee and kubert are cool...

alex ross... stuart immonen... michael turner... terry dodson... john cassaday...

never liked land though... maybe its the colouring done afterwards i dont know but his stuff looks like its photoshopped to me, no fluency...

David Duchovony
Oh snap!!! I forgot about Alex! His art is just beautiful.

SnakeEyes
Jim Lee
Alex Ross
Michael Turner
David Cassady
Bryan Hitch
Greg Land
David Finch
John Cassady

xoas
Bisley,Platt,Kirby,Ditko,Keown,Sears,Rayman,C.W.Scott,Windser-Smith,Aparo,Rolo,Jorgensen,Justanio,McFarlane,
Capullo

Xoas

eleveninches
at the moment:

Ethan Van Sciver (the guy that does GL:rebirth. his work is absolutely amazing.)

diestler
Alex Ross
Jim Lee

Nataku8188
J. Kelly man. DP rocks.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by eleveninches
at the moment:

Ethan Van Sciver (the guy that does GL:rebirth. his work is absolutely amazing.)

Agree.

ScarletSpider
Joe Bennet's done some great work, and he's a relatively new talent. He did the Crew and issues 5-12 of Captain America and the Falcon. Currently he's DC exclusive and working on Hawkman. Previously they had him on fill-in work on various titles. Glad to see he's finally getting a steady title, he deserves it, and his already great work should grow immensly.

BENITO
JOHN ROMITA AND PETER LAIRD

MERCILOUS
Frank Frazetta, Simon Bisley, Tim Vigil.

eleveninches
Evan van sciver's work is the best i've seen in a comic book for a LONG time.

DarkCrawler
Yummy.
http://img179.echo.cx/img179/4968/evs9wv.gif

K Von Doom
1. Alex Ross - no one can imitate this guy's style and talent
2. Jim Lee - from his X-men days, now he's just avereage
3. Marc Silvestri - a rougher style than Lee but the anatomy is always correct
4. Dale Keown - underrated, his eye for perspective is amazing

DarkCrawler
Oh, yeah, I forgot Alex Ross. He is awesome.

Mainstream
Jim Lee

BENITO
no one else said Peter laird the original and the best TMNT artist.

ScarletSpider
Ross is great, except he could work on differentiating his character's faces.

Jae Lee is great when he doesn't go into ultra pruny mode. His Inhumans was awesome.

jinzin
make mine alex...that guys incredible.

whirlysplat
AlexRoss
John Totleben
John Byrne (idiot but great artist)
Steve Ditko
Jack Kirby

hoorayforpeepee
JOHN CASSADAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

armandovalles
1. Jae Lee (NOT Jim Lee): did Hulk-Thing: Hard Knocks and is now doing Marvel Nemesis: The Imperfects.

2. George Perez: did JLA/ Avengers. 'NUFF SAID.

Blair Wind
my favorite, and i consider him one of the best is Michael Turner....the man is amazing

pr1983
Originally posted by Blair Wind
my favorite, and i consider him one of the best is Michael Turner....the man is amazing

he is good, he draws a brilliant flash and superman...

but... as fine as his women are (his wonder woman is sublime), the faces dont tend to be very different generally...

Blair Wind
ughh......im not sure how to respond to that.....i guess the guys he draws all have the same jaw with varying degrees of width....but other than that he draws my fav Batman and Superman......and my fav Supergirl, Hawkman, Wonder Woman.....idk i just think his work is awsome

pr1983
Originally posted by Blair Wind
ughh......im not sure how to respond to that.....i guess the guys he draws all have the same jaw with varying degrees of width....but other than that he draws my fav Batman and Superman......and my fav Supergirl, Hawkman, Wonder Woman.....idk i just think his work is awsome

no, alot of it is, he is a very good artist (his women are hot)... i just wish he had more variety, especially with his women...

i love when he did witchblade/tomb raider...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.