Harry Potter Ideas (Theories & Speculations)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
This is a thread to post any ideas, concepts or theories that you have concerning the characters or plot lines in the Harry Potter World.

I've had this idea about the connection between Harry and Lord Voldermort that I've been thinking on over the last few weeks. We know that Tom Riddle went through many dangerous transformations thanks to Dumbledore in TCOS, I think that one of these removed part of Riddles soul and either placed it in Harry or created him in the first place. Note that there are numerous similarities between them.

First off they both looked similar to each other with slight differences when Harry was looking through Riddles diary. They both lived with muggles who they hated although unlike Riddle, although Harry seems to been able to cope. They both have incredible potential. This is noted several times through the books. Both use a wand with a core from the same Phoenix Fawkes. And finally they are the ONLY two people to of survived the Avda Kedavra curse. (Voldermort did not die his body was destroyed.) Also note that in TPS Hagrid stated that he did not think there was enough human left in Voldermort to die and according to the prophecy Dumbledore relates to Harry at the end of TOTP only Harry can kill Voldermort and vice versa.

I believe (although I'm probably wrong) that both Tom and Harry are in a state similar to being undead, while both feel pain (Harry was subjected to the Crucio Curse and that caused him a LOT of pain, and Voldermort claimed he felt pain when his body was destroyed by his own curse.) If another were to use say the killing curse on them then they would simply become the spirit form that Voldermort was forced into. And this may happen to Harry in a future book.

Anyway that's my first theory I'll post more later.

RoguePw25
Um, those are really good ideas. I was wondering about that connection between Harry and Voldermoth myself. If Voldermorth is the heir of Slytherink, wouldn't it make sense for Harry to be the Heir of Gryffindor?

dark1365
Of course.
My theory: Harry dies heroically, Snape wins against Voldemort.
Remember the veil in the Death Room in book 5?
Nothing that goes in ever comes back...

Lord Ryugen
If my theory is right Rouge, which I doubt, it would be impossible for Harry to be the Heir of Gryffindor because he would merely be the waste product of Voldermort, so unless Slytherin and Gryffindor were related I don't think it could happen. And Dark I don't think there's any proof that it's impossible to come back though like the Threstrals it seems to have a connection to people who have witnessed death so you might be right.

Heres another point I want to raise in TOTP Dumbledore makes referance to a door in the Department of Mysteries which holds the power of the heart, a power Voldermort has no defense against could this be what Harry uses to kill Voldy, and does anyone have any ideas on what this power might do?

dark1365
Wait...
Remember that Rowling said that someone will be revealed in the sixth book that she was originally planning to have revealed in the second?
That could mean that he is the true heir.
Remember the headmaster telling him that only a "true" GRyffindor could've pulled that out of the hat? What if Godric only hit the sword in that hat and commanded it so that only his true heir shall inherit the sword?
Good ideas.

angelsflame265
This is what the 6th book thread is for -_-

dark1365
Too full. This is specifically for theories, not hook-ups, killings, and such.

angelsflame265
haha maybe you havn't seen how dead it is?

dark1365
Last time, I'm like..."reading this makes me sleepier."

angelsflame265
so just post something new, you don't have to read all of it laughing out loud geez 119 pages is too much

dark1365
Yah.

BOPRecruit 16
Good points, there, Ryugen. I thought it was very interesting how you theorized that '...only Harry can kill Voldermort and vice versa.' What exactly lead you to that deduction? It sounds like a very cool and likely theory.

BOPRecruit 16
http://www.mugglenet.com/tpt-front.jpg

has anyone heard of this book before and when did it get released? sounds pretty cool. the book was made by mugglenet and from people's comments on the site and forums. check it out the article at mugglenet and the official site for the book:

MuggleNet: The Plot Thickens - Harry Potter Examiend by Fans and for Fans (Article)
The Plot Thickens (Official Book's Site)

RoguePw25
No I haven't seen that but thanks for bringing it up. I was thinking about my little theory earlier.

What if Harry was the Heir of Gryffindor since Voldy is the Heir of Slytherin? We know about the prophecy and how one can only die at the hand of the other and all of that jazz, but what if this prophecy was like set by Godric Gryffindor or Salzar Slytherin.

I dunno, that might be totally wrong since that one lady (I forget her name) prophised about the prophecy.

But there's tons of proof say that Harry is the Heir of Gryffindor with him pulling out Godric's sort and stuff. So what if Voldy KNEW this and set out to kill him? That would explain why he's after Harry.

But as for why the unforgivable curse back fired on Voldy? You got me on that one?

~Freak-N-Bunny~
True there but if he was the Sorting Hat wouldn't of even considered putting him inot Slytherin if he was Griffindor's heir even with parsel mouth

Lord Ryugen
My deduction came from part of the prophacy in OTP more specificly the part that says ''either must die by the others hand.'' Says it all really big grin

Lord Ryugen
Okay Harry could and probably is the Heir of Gryffindor, I mistakinly thought that Harry might have the same genetic make up as Voldy. despite the fact they had completely different parents and I was talking about the soul so yeah my bad. embarrasment

Anyway in answer to your question the current story is that when Lilly died protecting Harry her love created a shield of old magic which reflected the curse back on Voldermort. However it might change due to some a glaring flaw in that story. There is no counter to the killing curse and I'm sure Lilly wasn't the only person to die protecting someone.

Lord Ryugen
Another thing to think about here. Gryffindors sword right, why would he carry one? Surely he was confident enough in his magical abilities to forgo the use of one. Could anyone think of a reason why Gryffindor might carry a sword.

ladygrim
harry being the heir of gryffindor is to obvoius ...everyones gonna sayits him due to the fact he main character .... what do we kno about the heir

Lillytiger
I dunno about Harry being the heir of Gryffindor, yeah, possibly, why not.

But...

There's something I don't get : blink
I thought Dumbledore said, in TOTP, that Voldy had somehow... 'choosen' Harry by fearing him and choosing to kill him.
He said he had therefore 'marked him as his equal', by sending this curse that backfired and left it's mark.

I don't remember what he said EXACTLY, but my understanding was that he explained that some of Voldy's power and personality had... 'imprinted' itself on Harry at that instant (you know, just like Smith & Neo), and that it was how Harry got similar powers and gifts, and much likeliness...

Wasn't that it? confused

aussiefan
I think he is just as he is praised by almost everybody in the ministry. Just think about it, that he can control the magical world under voldermort and Harry will be in even more danger.

xXLauriëXx
uh.. why would they make him minister for magic, they've just put him in prison for being a death eater haven't they? confused

muse5
lucius malfoy being minister of magic = hitler being chancellor of germany...it would be bad, and i don't think that jkr would go to that extreme. and he was just arrested for being a death eater, if fudge is impeaced, i would imagine that there would be some sort of voting and i don't think a death eater would be voted in

Phoenix
Ok, I'm renaming this thread The Theories Thread, and merging the other theories with it, so we don't have a million and one theory threads with just a couple of replies. ((obviously, the big, busy and popular theory threads will be exempt from the merging)) Please PM me if I miss one...

RoguePw25
Merging with Theories and Speculations thread. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.