Why are these movies so popular?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
all it is a a chick killing people with swords and excessive amounts of blood.....not very intresting...and why is it that normal people can do crazy flips and things......the whole concept is completly illogical.....if u want to see good action with a point (and a reason for why they can do all the crazy moves) then watch The Matrix Trilogy.....I find this movie complety pointless.....

WindDancer
I rather be entertain watching a movie about a woman with a Katana slashing bad guys, than to watch a bunch of CGI and a cofusing ending in a movie like Revolutions. Does that help?

Fire
I always considered QT his movies works of art, in ways of story, editing, camera work and soo much more they are never ment to look real or anything like that

killthesunlight
With Tarantino the best way to describe it is a work of art. You dont ask questions about paintings that are surreal. so why with movies? the easist way to describe his films is pop culture, which is recyclying old films into modern day scenarios, so its regenerating films we've never seen or heard of. Its never ment to be real.

dragonpisces272
its my first time to actually hop aboard onto the QT express, but his movies do respresent art. KB was actually the only movie I became intrested in.
((The_Anomaly))>hiya! big grin

Samas-adian
The matrix is all about a guy saving the world with crappy dialogue in between. But considering the story is almost the same as Dune's story line...

Fire
never liked Dune

killthesunlight
and the matrix flopped out at the end...

Fire
well they should have never made the last 2

Myth
Reloaded was cool but it was relying on Revolutions to finish out the story for part 2 to be considered good, but Revolutions failed.

sauron
neo was turned into smith, but he was plugged by the machines, so they got smiths code or something

all smiddies died

neo did his part of the deal, so the machines and humans made peace

Fire
sauron his explination

<<Solo>>
If you mean that it bombed in the box office there's no way in hell the last two flopped at all they still made some serious money. And I'm a big fan of The Matrix Trilogy so I thought all of them were seriously awesome.

Fire
well Solo it has been noticed in the past that movies that do well in the Box office aren't always good movies

nowadays movies are all about advertising and starts rather than actualy being good when it comes to the BO

Myth
Yeah, haven't you every seen Armegeddon? It made lots of money but was horrible.

Fire
Myth I was thinking about have the disney flicks (not the animation movies but the real flicks) they suck and they bring in a lot of cash
like that ****ing free willy

whatshisface
or home alone...

Myth
or Lord of the Rings! big grin

killthesunlight
thank you guys for sticking up for me and understanding my point. It seems only the true QT fans knows what is good anyways...yes

badkittykitty
qt blows matrix out of the water anyway

BackFire
haha, what the hell is this? Why are people comparing Matrix too Kill Bill? Sure, they both have karate, but Kill Bill doesn't have that psuedo intelectual religious mumbo jumbo.

Samas-adian
And Matrix 3 relied on the first two for moive revenue. Without them, the movie would of totally bombed.

badkittykitty
I honestly thought this might have been one of those truth or dare things again laughing out loud

BackFire
The same can be said about the second matrix, completely unnecessary.

Samas-adian
True True

killthesunlight
we can just agree to disagree on this one
Matrix people can like the matrix and stop asking questions about QT
and Tarantino fans can just be like a lot of little fonzies

Fire
hey I like LOTR

mook
matrix, tarintino, LOTR have no relation to each other - thats why they have different forums.

personally i like QT and the matrix.
LOTR is ok but i didnt see the last one yet.

killthesunlight
can we just end this pointless thread?

Fire
well maybe if you ask BKK very very nicely

killthesunlight
PLEASE BAD KITTY KITTY!?!?!

badkittykitty
anything for you guys..besides kill bill and the matrix have absolutly nothing in commen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.