Pissed At Kmc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SweetNsouR
Okay.. well everyone knows that "f*ck" is a curse.... so is "sh*t" "b*tch" etc and that is why when u try to post woth those words they r blocked out. they r offensive words and no one should be subjected to them.
So then tell me this...why the hell is nigga allowed like its nothing... im not talking about ****** that means an ingnorant person. i mean nigga... its just as wrong... yet for some reason KMC does not feel the need to block it. wtf

if u argue that is not a real word...and while its not in the dictionary (yet)... thats still not so not true anymore. How many times do u hear ppl at skool, work, whereever say it? even t.v. freaking censors nigga and not ass or b*tch...

Cyclops
Regardless of its link to the urban genre, it is still classed as a derogitory comment. This is the first I have ever heard of somebody using said word on KMC. However, why would you need to use it in the first place, let alone wondering why it is not censored?

Is it really that important?

Linkalicious
i totally understand where you're coming from on that one sNs, but i think it's not **** out because most people aren't ignorant enough to throw it around like they do the word b!tch or f*ck.

same goes with *** it too is a derogitory term that should get **** treatment, but people just don't throw it out there because members generally respect eachother.

and race isn't as big of an issue on the internet as it is in real life.

(note: those are stars not words, don't try filling in the blank)

WindDancer
I understand what you are saying SweetNsour! I agree with you that word needs to get block. I've seen it many times here at KMC so I think that word should be block. Is just plain disrespectful to many board members. Need support? I'll help you smile

Cyclops
I agree. Some people are offended by Retard (which, I apologize if you are. I am not intending to hurt anyone, it is a mere example.) and I doubt that is ****'ed.

Also, as stated before, race is not a really big issue on the internet. It is very rare that race is brought up, aside from in a Thread that deals with race.

Tex
The automatic censoring of certain curse words is a recent addition to KMC. Used to be nothing was edited, there wasn't a need for it.

It seems the most popular and commonly used curse words are the ones edited out, in fact your post is the first time I've ever seen the word nigga or ****** ever used here.

Just because KMC doesn't automatically filter it out in no way suggest that it approves of such language.

Best thing you can do if you stumble upon it is to report it.

I think it should be added to the list, along with a bunch of others. yes

Moving...

ash007
yeah fecking hell

some people

yerssot
wow, and that already pisses you off?
and yes, as tex said: first time someone uses that word that I'm aware of... perhaps it'll get on the list

Dexx
bwah..ludicrous.....i guess some people get offended too easily.

you're practically denying me the right to say:
"wasssup, m' nigga!" to a dear friend if i feel like it.
thumb down

§pearhead
how bout spic and chinc?

i hate saying them but I was just wondering if they'd be censored as they're just offensive as saying "nigga".

Dvae
well, if anyone uses the term as it shouldnt be, then report it, it will be edited and the user will be dealt with accordingly smile

Unless its Hiker, he can do what he wants and probably get promoted to global for using it no expression

and i dont complain about any words like "honky" not being filtered erm so dont worry

Fire
Dave what do you mean? you think TH gets away with serious offences which other members do not? well that aint true. Mods get the same treatment as members.

the thing with TH is he is usualy kidding tho I doubt he'd ever call someone a nigga or something like that

anywayz Racism against a member is considered member bashing and will not be tolerated

Dvae
if i had meant moderators, i would have said "moderators" or given multiple example of the kind of people that get away with anything confused

Raz
SweetNsouR, the reason it's not on the list is because that word did not come to mind when I was thinking of the words to block, as Tex said, no-one has used that word here.

Anyways, I'll get Tex to come up with a list that you Americans use.

Fire
nvm I'll talk this over wiv ya on MSN

Dvae
sign back on you plum stick out tongue

yerssot
those americans huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

wanna get a list of such words for other languages too, just in case, or ...?

SweetNsouR
i dont want u guys to think that this is just the black race issue lol. cuz altho it seems if u make a racial slur to a white/asain/ hispanic person...its no where as bad if u make it to a black person... i dont know why its that way but i dont agree with it. i think chinc/ spic r also totally offensive... *** is another one...i think maybe like 30% of people use it to mean cigarette.

SweetNsouR
dont pick a fight u'll loose. cuz first of all... what freakign language to we use on KMC.....ENGLISH (except for the spanish club thread). secondly... this is about censorship. u may think im taking it too far, but if ur gonna censor some words... u might as well censor most of the offensive words.
what im trying to say is... it has to be all or nothing. like there is a reason the KKK is not censored...because if we censor some of the things we think is bad...then who is to say when the censoring will stop. do u guys sorta se what i mean now...
but over all i have mixed feelings..i mean this is just a forum...i dunno im just such a passionate person.

* and FYI, im not mad at the word ******... like i said it means an ignorant person... im talking about nigga...

Fire
as said by raz earlier words will be added to the list, all or nothing is impossible cause it is very hard for a few ppl to cover every offensive word there is. and the list is made by just a few people.

WindDancer
I don't remenber exactly who used the word before. I think it was one of those guys that got banned permantly that used once. Anyways Raz and Tex will work on a list. So changes are coming just wait patiently. If you see someone using the word again PM that person, ask him/her to edited, if they refused report it.

BackFire
Hmm, TV doesn't really censor the word nigga, I hear it about 30 times a week on Chappel's Show on comedy central. Many black people use the word all the time to refer to other black people, almost in the same sense as "brotha" is used. I don't see why nigga should be censored. If any racist word is going to be censored it should be ******, since that is rarely used in any posotive way.

badkittykitty
I mean no offense S-N-S but I will argue your point about it not being a real word. it isn't and will never be the dictionary.it's slang and improper English.

I for one am glad to see this slang word 'nigga' or what ever it is not being asterisked out because that would mean that our administrator would be fluent in Ebonics I find comfort knowing he is not smile

yerssot
get off your horse, SNR, before you do anything foolish roll eyes (sarcastic)
as you have read by the responce of BF, apperently tv-channels don't find the word insulting, and BKK even tells you it's not a real word, so why censor it than?
I find ****** more offensive than nigga, as BF also said.

WindDancer
This is how I think the word can be consider offensive....

Let's say I'm Anglo, and I approach a member that is African American, I call her/him N****a. That person will find it offensive if say that to her/him. But if that AA approaches another AA and calls him/her N****a I guess it can be consider okay. That particular word has become very slang. Is better not to used it, someone can get offended by it.

Is like when people from Latin America are called "Mexican". They are not all from Mexico they are from different Spanish speaking countries. So of course is not right to call them "Mexican". Is better to called them either "Hispanic" or "Latinos". Just my POV on this whole slang referrences.

Dvae

burlyman
shit isnt even starred messed

Fire
dvae has a point

Dvae
happy I have a point

Ryan10000000000
**** **** ******* ***** **** ********8n ****

Paola
wow!! I didn't know that!!!
I should go out more whistling1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.