Logged in 2 places at same time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
Besides home I sign in at school, in my own time I like to come to KMC...because I love it here. big grin

Anyway, I don't bother logging out at home, I mean I'm the only one who used the computer, my mum can't, see can't even work the remote so...well we won't go there...

So I'm still sort of logged in a home (but no one's on KMC) then I sign in at school. Can I do this? It won't affect my account or anything will it?

And before you ask yes, I do sign out at school because it stays logged in, I discovered that when I went on the exact computer I used, went to KMC and I didn't have to log in.

Could you imagine if someone goes to that site at school and was able to mess around on my account? Well that's not going to happen!

Fire
Ofc you can I do it all the time at home

Blue Dragon
You trying to say off topic? This is the news & questions forum but OK.

Paola
he said 'of course you can...'

and I do the same

Blue Dragon
Sorry.

Lana
I do it all the time yes

Syren
Doesn't it automatically say that you aren't here when you close the KMC window and turn off your computer, even though theoretically you're permanently logged in? That's why you can log in elsewhere? That's what I assumed, as I don't log out at home, or didn't used to anyway.

Lana
Originally posted by Syren
Doesn't it automatically say that you aren't here when you close the KMC window and turn off your computer, even though theoretically you're permanently logged in? That's why you can log in elsewhere? That's what I assumed, as I don't log out at home, or didn't used to anyway.

Yup. Though sometimes you'll still come up as being on KMC even after you've closed the window.

raenef v
yeah...happens to me all the timestick out tongue
i forget to logout a lot!

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Lana
Yup. Though sometimes you'll still come up as being on KMC even after you've closed the window.

Really, but how do you know if you've closed the window? blink erm

Lana
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Really, but how do you know if you've closed the window? blink erm

I found out this happens because my sister and I both have accounts on here, she'd use IE and I'd use Firefox so she wouldn't log out, just close the window. I'd log onto KMC with Firefox and her name would still be on the member's online list even though she had closed the window.

Blue Dragon
Wierd...

Clovie
I found out this happens because my sister and I both have accounts on here, she'd use IE and I'd use Firefox so she wouldn't log out, just close the window. I'd log onto KMC with Firefox and her name would still be on the member's online list even though she had closed the window. coz of ip? blink

Lana
I have no idea blink could be.

BakaXero
I found out this happens because my sister and I both have accounts on here, she'd use IE and I'd use Firefox so she wouldn't log out, just close the window. I'd log onto KMC with Firefox and her name would still be on the member's online list even though she had closed the window.
have you ever been tempted to mess with her account? shifty

why do you have to press log out twice when you log out?

Lana
Originally posted by BakaXero
have you ever been tempted to mess with her account? shifty

why do you have to press log out twice when you log out?

No, and...you do? I use the black EpIII style and you don't have to click logout twice.

BakaXero
see now i dont get that...
is anything else i should know?
im use to use the original one then i decide to use the xmen. i dont know why...
but shouldnt they all be the same?

Fire
They basicly are all the same, just a style thing tho a bug could appear in one style and not in the other I assume

BakaXero
well same thing happens to both settings for me stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
phhs, I never log out, too much of a hassle.
(yes I am really lazy)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.